Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Lobby jumpin

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    Lol who knew you had to be a detective , just to drag race?
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    The level of due dilligence needed is both not apparent and nonsensical given the design of the game. And in real life you get to watch other people run with more or less no restriction, and not the game's "heres a replay from two guys who arent in the lobby anymore, and.... OH WAIT YOU GOT CHALLENGED YOU CANT SEE THE END OF THAT RUN."
  • Options
    brav0manbrav0man Registered Users 269 Posts
    Tell me about it. My daily trolling of people in my cie dragster always comes up with lobbyjumpers. In fact, those that are in my lobby and aren't lobbyjumping actually leave to GET a maxed car and try to get me to pink them. Some even resort to trying to have friends assist in their attempt to lobbyjump. Once even an entire TEAM tried to do that to me.
  • Options
    TheFastKidxXx69TheFastKidxXx69 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 10 Posts
    Guys I like this game exactly how it is, whats wrong with people joining whatever lobby they want. If a hi lvl player wants to waste his time pinking civic si's all day, let him. I'm a new racer to the game (almost a month now) and found easy way's to beat lobby jumpers. If you follow 3 simple rules, noone will get duped regardless of their experience.

1. Never accept a pink off the bat from a car in a higher class
    2. pre-race a car for free before you decide to challenge them for cash or pinks (see their rating) if they wont accept a free challenge and always goes straight to pinks, walk away.
    3. BE SMART!!! the most important thing of all, if people are willing to bet their Civic against a Zonda, what will you think the outcome could possibly be? If people really think their moderately tuned D class car can beat an A+ class car without pre-checking their stats, then they deserves to lose.

I lost my first Civic 1645 to a 1660 Viper because I accepted a pink off the bat, my noob mistake but I learned from it and now I rarely lose cars when I pink.

Anyways, if your a a real street racer, you know that you never know what your up against until you cross the finish line, this game has done a really good job at mimicking that reality, making it stupid proof just takes away from the game.
  • Options
    TheFastKidxXx69TheFastKidxXx69 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 10 Posts
    james614 said:

The level of due dilligence needed is both not apparent and nonsensical given the design of the game. And in real life you get to watch other people run with more or less no restriction, and not the game's "heres a replay from two guys who arent in the lobby anymore, and.... OH WAIT YOU GOT CHALLENGED YOU CANT SEE THE END OF THAT RUN."

Have you ever raced a car in real life? I have, and I don't always get to see the guy im racing run at best I hear about what his car has done or can do, oh wait, this game has race replays (even better), so you can watch replays here if you just wait in lobby... but then what about sandbagging? you know how many races ive had where im about to blow the guy out of the water but I downshift before the line to lower my time so people dont know how fast I can pull my car, tell me sandbagging is a problem too and I'll know guys like you arent real racers, just gamers trying to break into a game that grinding countless hours at wont get you anywhere. Brains win in this game, not playing days on end button mashing on AI, if thats the kinda game you like, maybe Mario Cart is a more suitable game.
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    That's a very well written argument , with the exception of that condescending remark at the end. However this game is not a "run what you bring " game. It was designed around a rating system and just like all other aspects of life certain people would rather cheat and cut corners rather than following simple rules and earning success. If this game didn't have a rating system you would be 100% correct and I would have zero argument .
  • Options
    If they want the lobbies to all be open with no rating restriction, then they need to eliminate the match-making and make them truly open lobbies. This will eliminate people intentionally joining low-rated lobbies with faster cars for easy wins on newbs, and take away the idea that the game's match-making system works as advertised. That is my single-biggest issue. Nothing wrong with someone being dumb enough to race against a Viper in ther it Civic. But when the game looks like its pairing your Civic with other vehicles that are tuned to perform close to it, theres every reason to erroneously think that you might stand a chance, especially if you have a very fast Civic, and as much as people talk about the game simulating real-life hustling in drags that is NOT a realistic aspect. You cannot bring an Agera to an event that has restrictions in place intended to bring together cars that run 11s, blow everyone away with 9s, and then walk away while the officials tell you "hey, there's no rule that says you can't break out restrictions, your fault for not doing the same". And I get it, people break rules all the time to be the fastest IRL. But they actually need to get away with it. Not to mention it goes against very basic game design principle. Match making exist to promote more even competition. Not as a tool to be exploited by high-level (or in this case with faster cars) players to prey on the people unfortunate enough to want to utilize a game mechanic for what it's intended to do in the gaming industry.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    And in regards to sandbagging, thats a whole different story. That is an actual driving technique, and if someone turns out to blow me away in an equalish car because they were hiding the fact that their shift points, are on a whole different level that just drives me to get better myself. There is no 'getting better' if I'm in a 1656 lobby and get beat by a 1676 car. Unless your idea of getting better is hopping in my 1676 car and trolling for slower guys in a lower lobby.
  • Options
    littlewickedwhiteylittlewickedwhitey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 5 Posts
    Glu needs to institute a simple trade/buy/sell feature and take a cut like they do in the tournaments. I definitely am sick of a 1670 hangin with 1635's though that get's old when all you want to do is tune a 9.5 second car and a guys challenges you in a rivals edition anything that will run a 6.90! I agree that the newcomers will leave and the game dies off slowly and become less appealing to all.
  • Options

That's a very well written argument , with the exception of that condescending remark at the end. However this game is not a "run what you bring " game. It was designed around a rating system and just like all other aspects of life certain people would rather cheat and cut corners rather than following simple rules and earning success. If this game didn't have a rating system you would be 100% correct and I would have zero argument .

You're right holeshot9892, I did kind of take it a bit far, but I'm tired of good games like this being dumbed down to the point that its fool proof, that takes away a lot of the enjoyment of the game I think, players need to be smarter, not that the system they are playing on needs to be fixed. Plus if people really only wanted to be challenged by their own level, they can always join turf wars ;)

Also, instead of fixing a lobby issue which I dont think exists, Glu could always op to make a Noob lobby similar to turf wars that only new drivers can join and practise there, i.e. cars with ratings 1630 and down
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    What sense does it make to have a rating-enforced n00b lobby for practicing at low ratings, but not a rating enforced standard lobby? They could just as well have a rating enforced public lobby and an open class public lobby similar to the tournaments, but without the turf-life restrictions or prize structure. Give both parties exactly what they want.
  • Options
    Southern styleSouthern style Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is why I lost three cars in this game. Cars I spent cash on maxing. I found a fix too. Screw pinks , I ain't doing them till I know the user and the car.
  • Options
    brianmisfit975brianmisfit975 Registered Users 6 Posts
    I've been scammed by Lobby jumpers too many times to count. And if I race somebody and their out of Lobby I will announce their rate in the comment section to everyone so they don't get scammed.just yesterday I got caught slipping i had a BMW 1640 wanted to bet $100,000 so I waited and 5 mins later I raced him( easy win I'm in my Ford GT 1640)
    The little ?&#% went back to his garage and got identical BMW 1660 Rate and blew doors off. W T F
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    All they have to do is make it so a higher rated car cannot join a lower rated car. But a lower rated car can join a higher rated to allow for people to trade cars.. its actually pretty simple. Don't know why they haven't done this yet...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • Options
    C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Simple fix is to race in tournament, showdown or turf. Those lobbies are rated and you won't see maxed zondas against 1650 cars. Problem solved
  • Options
    SUBARUD00DSUBARUD00D Registered Users 35 Posts
    Unfortunatley theres no way round it aslong as the "join friend" system exsists there will be lobby jumpers the only way round would be if it didnt allow you to "join friend"until your car meats the specs of that lobby (abit like the forza motorsports class) system
  • Options
    TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    The easiest fix would be to flag a car's rating (and, in the case of newer players, present the class of car as in the showroom - i.e. B 1635) in the open lobbies. By allowing the player to identify other player's ratings, it cuts down on the stress of racing "hoppers" and allows everyone to race freely. Eliminating the "Join Friend" option really wouldn't be the answer since that feature is used for many different things (i.e. trades, racing teammates for tune testing, etc.).
  • Options
    aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Just don't understand why they can't just do it the way I stated.. it's the easiest without actually putting each cars rating in screen in the lobby
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi