Options

WoH Royale for 5-8-19: Back to Basics?

Comments

• Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I can confirm that xp is nice. From g1 to g2, I got over 51xx xp. By the time it reaches g10, it'll be about 65xx each time you beat 5.10.
    51xx xp.  What's the "xx"?  I'm sure I should understand this, but I don't. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @midgetmullet He's saying that it's about 5100 XP, but he's not certain of the last two digits. The X's are unknowns. 

Sorry if this brings back nightmares of algebra. 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @midgetmullet He's saying that it's about 5100 XP, but he's not certain of the last two digits. The X's are unknowns. 

Sorry if this brings back nightmares of algebra. 
    Thanks, I thought he was using it as a multiplier.  Haha
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY what’s your team strength?
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @midgetmullet It's exactly as @BlackFang4 said, minus the math. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Gold is a cakewalk compared to Silver. 

I'm autoplaying the first 7 in all 5 levels.

All the guys who were trouble spots in Silver - Triggs, Buchter, Floro, Baez, Miley - you just auto past them in Gold.
    I havent had much trouble at all today with those guys. Keepers get through Triggs, Baez and Miley at will. Can't wait to make a couple runs when live boost hits. I've played nearly every round and nearly doubled my cash so far.

Turner was hitting .209 so I DFA’d his aeesssss. 
  • Options
    I can confirm that it's 6734 bxp for each time you beat 5.10 after capping JT at g10. 
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I don't get it.  I can't beat level four today.  I'm 1 for 9 against Baez.  Even with live boost, Ichiro just hit into a triple play.  God damn, I can't go gold soon enough.
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I can confirm that it's 6734 bxp for each time you beat 5.10 after capping JT at g10. 
    Do you get xp if you have Jt capped at silver 10 when at silver? Or is it only a gold 10 thing. 
  • Options
    @Punkers777 3774 xp at s10.
  • Options
    @woohoo77 Did you invest in skills? He should be pretty easy for Ichiro.

@Punkers777 It applies to all levels. The higher the level, the higher the trade in value and that means more bxp when you get the player again. I'm guessing, but it should be about 4k at s10.
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    So I beat woh and since I already have JT, I get nothing? That’s such bullshit not even extra xp. 
  • Options
    So I beat woh and since I already have JT, I get nothing? That’s such bullshit not even extra xp. 
    You get a good chunk of bxp. It won't show on the screen, but you can compare your bxp before/after.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I decided to reset my legend because he was a RHB with RHP skills lol I’m dumb, well with all the exp so far from the cycles today I have him back to S9.  Turner while not amazing is an upgrade over unskilled Fan Rewards Bregman I had in that slot.  Will cap ML in silver with the live boost coming up in a little while because I ran out of evo lol.  So I guess Monday is challenge day and Wednesday will be resources day from the looks of it for now.
  • Options
    Today felt like such a chore. It wasn't particularly fun, but I felt obligated to play a ton because of the free resources. Monday's HoF can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    @DFBB I'm in the opposing camp. I played each round as much as I could in WoH and only got to 5.7 in slugfest as I already have Ohtani. The monotony of SF isn't as appealing right now either and has become the chore to me. I more than doubled my cash and almost doubled xp without spending any gold. The boosts to both keepers and ML certainly helped. Hopefully that approach will work on Monday with whatever changes are made though I doubt it will be the resource haul Wednesday's are.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @dustyhunks @dfbb the happy medium is to offer multiple towers with one set to the difficulty that today’s was. I enjoyed today more than Monday and cycled 3 times with very limited playing time. 
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan I agree 100%. The difficulty/rewards shouldn't be supplanted by a version that's both harder and more expensive. There should be a supplemental tier for those that want more of a challenge and like to pull their hair out.
  • Options
    Just to add, I would play that tier to death myself after a couple cycles of normal WoH, even if the cost/difficulty was the same as Monday. You just can't remove what's already established or else there's literally no reason for a large subset to play Monday WoH anymore.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Does glu know there are other teams in baseball besides the dodgers?...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Got 5 cycles in about 3 hours no gold boosts only vid boosts for the last 3 on 4/5, potm bellinger was 5/5, very easy, did have a couple of short periods where autoplay was sucking for 10 minutes or so and I’d have to manually play to get through a level(silver problems). really want to go gold so I’m finally cutting off leveling skills till I have my Xp for gold.
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

I unfortunately didn't find it as easy as some of you. I made it thru but had to spend a little bit of gold to do so.

Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    I got 2 Cycles and only used a gold boost on Sanchez, with bellenger.

• Options
    I got 2 Cycles and only used a gold boost on Sanchez, with bellenger.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY what’s your team strength?
    I just topped 80k yesterday (Gold). All my relievers are still silver though lol.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Totally ok with towers being on monday and basic mode on wednesday.  Its the best of both worlds and both modes are productive in their own ways 
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @woohoo77 Did you invest in skills? He should be pretty easy for Ichiro.

@Punkers777 It applies to all levels. The higher the level, the higher the trade in value and that means more bxp when you get the player again. I'm guessing, but it should be about 4k at s10.
    Yea Ichiro's skills are maxed up to Prime XP.  I did manage to get by and cycle twice.  Should have been more though I feel.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Should be interesting to see what changes GLU is making to the tower this coming Monday. As they have promised they will make changes to it based on the feedback they received and I think we are all happy with the way they handled slugfest and the blue monster so we'll see on Monday.

Somehow I don't think the autoplay cost is going to change though as with the higher rewards I am sure they don't want multi-cycle monsters such as @DFBB to have too much of an easy time getting resources cycling so many times. 😒
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Houmy I thought they changed the autoplay cost and per-match rewards back to normal at some point? I started getting 2000 cash and bonus games again somewhere along the line.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy I thought they changed the autoplay cost and per-match rewards back to normal at some point? I started getting 2000 cash and bonus games again somewhere along the line.
    I manual played them all so I wouldn't have noticed but if they did then it is great and I am glad to be wrong on that point. So is @DFBB as well I am sure 🤔
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022