Options

WoH is easier?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Mattattack How would you compare the rewards for beating it then (I hadn't started playing yet then) to what we're getting now?

I can cycle as many times as I want, but it still doesn't seem like I'm getting enough of what I need to actually be able to play the game:

• I can't level up relievers, because I need to use XP for WOH guys & their skills
    • I can't level up my keeper pitcher, because it doesn't make sense when there are comparable guys who cost 1/5th of the XP.
    • I can't level up my legend because the XP cost is absurd.
    • I can't do squat with the Prime Yelich that I played my butt off to win because you can only "buy" PXP.
    • I can't build a slugger roster because they're also extremely cost prohibitive for what the SF rewards are.

The ecosystem and currency/resource models are completely broken. Even the most extreme amount of grinding will not get you enough XP to do all of the things in the game that you're supposed to be able to have fun doing, like building a serviceable bullpen, use all your keeper players & created legend, use good/great players that you acquire or play slugfest.

You should have stayed silver......... 🤷‍♂️ 

Last year the line line was at gold before it took additional resources to make the game tick properly....cycling at gold you could have enough to do all those things you mention.  This year maybe it’s silver.  Models aren’t broken, just have been shuffled back a notch I’d say.  I got meadows and maxed him with 20bucks.  Couldn’t have done that if I was gold.  Silver things are still sustainable.....that means leveling 4-5 players a week and having all catergories maxed and capped.  I can’t see it at gold without cutting back on new players until rewards increase.  Match the pace of the game maybe?  IMO it’s the big spenders that are crushing it at gold.  30-100 a week guys like me do ok at silver but would be over our heads ATM in gold.  Cuts and sacrifices would have to be made and that’s not fun.  My suggestion is to look at the rewards levels and your consumption rates to determine what a sustainable level is for you then play to that.  
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Meh I don’t play the game to sit in Silver and get trounced in every game mode except slugfest.

I suddenly could do most everything I couldn’t do in Silver when I moved to Gold, but the problem here now is a different one. 

I have a lot of trouble with accepting that the solution to the problem is to have us all sit in bronze and silver and get our asses kicked. 

They could certainly hand out more than 600 PXP at a time in a 300 gold box being that even in silver it costs 35k to level one.

• Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I’m thinking of jumping to gold, what exactly is “the problem here now is a different one” mean? Can you please elaborate, I wanna make sure that I know what to expect at gold if I make the jump. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Itsouttahere2 Players take 3-4 times the amount of resources to level them up in Gold as they do in Silver.

Forget being Gold though, primes are cost-prohibitive for even folks in Silver. For example, Meadows was 2% odds in the box, or 1 in 50. The cost of 50 boxes plus the resources to level him translates to about $400* That’s in Silver.

Anyway, I’ve probably gotten this thread way off topic. My original point was that I would like to keep the challenge there in WOH and not water it down and make it so easy, but there’s not anywhere near an adequate amount of resources there to do anything with the reward player. I think you got 5k PXP with Yelich on Monday last week.

* 25k gold for the 50 yanks/rays boxes + about 15k gold to buy PXP, evo in the store