Balsamic Vinegar

midgetmulletmidgetmullet 273 PostsRegistered Users, Member
Just want to let everyone know that I ordered a sandwich with balsamic vinegar on it, and it was a pleasant surprise and should be a choice on all deli sandwiches.  Carry on.
Prev13456711

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Agreed.  The tartness that comes with balsamic dressing compliments salty cured meats that are typically found on a sandwich. You can further this culinary feature by adding olive oil. The oil with take the 2 flavours and deliver it to different sectors of the taste palate. This is commonly done with pizza as well.  
  • benny100benny100 661 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    😂 at least it wasn't a hidden request for VIP status
  • slafrance2slafrance2 715 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Can I get VIP if i buy some lol?
    Swing or no swing you're missing that curveball.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY 1,734 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    For a second there I thought I'd turned my targeted ads setting back on. Whew.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet 273 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    If the CEO of Subway Sandwiches is reading this forum, make sure @CanadaCubs
    and I get the credit we deserve.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 366 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    benny100 said:
    😂 at least it wasn't a hidden request for VIP status

Ill take my VIP badge without onions and lettuce please.

Where are the ATG's?

I really wish I had brought a sandwich to work today. Took leftover pasta, but forgot to bring a fork. Fml....  I won’t make that mistake tomorrow. 😕
  • Dave480Dave480 53 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    If we’re talking Subway...I’d like to add that no sub is complete from there without the Subway vinaigrette. It’s a must for your Subway Club.
    Dave480 said:
    If we’re talking Subway...I’d like to add that no sub is complete from there without the Subway vinaigrette. It’s a must for your Subway Club.
    Interesting.  But I'd like to have the option of straight Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil.  I don't want their fancy recipe blend with the extra herbs and spices.
    @Dave480, I might have to try that. Typically at subway I go with the southwest sauce with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Experienced Member 1,005 PostsRegistered Users
    edited May 30
    I find balsamic vinaigrette to be awful in taste and in verbal expression, but if I get something for supporting it, I'm on board. 
    Dave480 said:
    Interesting.  But I'd like to have the option of straight Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil.  I don't want their fancy recipe blend with the extra herbs and spices.
    I’m fairly certain the subway vinaigrette is simply Italian dressing....which does contain vinegar and oil. But it’s definitely filled with tons of dried herbs and spices 
  • buddydavebuddydave 176 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    This is by far the most helpful thread in the entire forum.
    *****HELPFUL HINT ALERT******
    At Subway you can actually ask a cookie dough ball instead of the already baked cookies.  Those cookies have been baked and sitting for a while as they only bake them in their free time when the restaurant is not busy. Try a ball of white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough.  Your mouth will thank you.  
    Image result for the more you know
  • Tdub71Tdub71 1,022 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    My wife makes a Balsamic veggie pasta that is absolutely delightful.  As a carnivore, I tend to thumb my nose at veggie dishes, but this one is quite pleasant.
    Sandwich Tip ✍️: Try adding spicy pickled eggplant to your next Italian sandwich and switch out the cheddar for provolone. It’s difference between a sandwich and f$&king awesome one
    @Tdub71 Does she make that balsamic veggie pasta with spiral pasta?
    She did this time, but the couple times before she used penne.  It is a recipe she found online, but we always add more balsamic, and we add mushrooms.  I actually had the last of the leftovers for lunch today.
    She sounds like a keeper.  She wouldn't happen to have a sister would she?
    No.  She has a scruffy older brother.  I doubt he's your type.  I doubt he's anybody's type...
    Is this a cold pasta? Or served warm?  Personally a cold pasta is best with spirals. They really hold the sauce
    @midgetmullet, this convo is definitely gonna go to 2 pages 👏
    I enjoy a good amount of sauce on both my warm pasta as well as my cold pasta.  Do you know why spirals are not as popular with warm pasta.  I'd enjoy a welcome change to my spaghetti with marinara sauce.
    We usually eat it warm, with grated Parmesan on it.  Pretty solid dish.  Broccoli, bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms.  All fresh, and pretty quick, if I help prep.
    Spirals have a difficult time latching on to tomato based sauces. They’re more suited for cold salads as the ingredients tend to be much thinner 
    Green, yellow, or red bell pepper?
    I prefer orange or yellow bell, but the recipe calls for red.  We have done it both ways.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,360 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    anyone that orders balsamic on food is a vip in my book.
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,360 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    *****HELPFUL HINT ALERT******
    At Subway you can actually ask a cookie dough ball instead of the already baked cookies.  Those cookies have been baked and sitting for a while as they only bake them in their free time when the restaurant is not busy. Try a ball of white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough.  Your mouth will thank you.  
    Image result for the more you know
    I went out with a girl from subway for a year when I was younger...she thanked me with her mouth alot...........
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

I worked at Subway when I was 15, we prefer to be called "Sandwich Artists"