Options

WTF!?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Did this ever get fixed? I’m curious to know, this is more interesting than Live PD right now 
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    The latest from CS:  

At least you guys are getting an actual response back unlike the guys that are locked out.  
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    To be expected seeing that this is their lead programmer

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @TBWepa, nope.  No change yet.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

I ranted about this once before...I get from their end how releasing a 380 player when the economy of the game isn't built for it can really throw things off, but It's beyond me how accidentally releasing a higher level player than they intended to release can happen once, let alone the multiple times I've read about it happening. And two things with that: 1. the fact you knew enough to have taken a screen shot of the player's stats when he was at the 380 level shows how deep that level of mistrust has already gone, and 2. the fact YOU had to bring it to THEM, is an absolute clusterf*ck. They should be giving you the next second-tier fan rewards player for free AND giving you 200 percent of what you spent. 
    I think this is a case where something freak just happened.  Kind of like what happened with the WOH Austin Meadows but that was fixed within an hour.  That's why this confuses me as to why we are going on 18 hours without a fix.  Obviously I am a tad biased since it affects me but this player was a 50K gold fan reward meaning people spend ALOT to get him and that doesnt include the resources to level him up.   There is zero chance he was intended to be a 350 prime.  Those dont even exist, the very first prime (CVC Yelich) was a 370 and the 50K fan reward has been a 380 prime for a while.  These are the times when a simple global message such as "We are aware of the issue regarding Fan Rewards Kyle Schwarber and we are working towards a solution but there is no ETA." would go a long way.     
  • Options
    @Mattattack, exactly.  @DFBB always says his biggest problem is transparency.  That is EXACTLY the issue here.  Lack of information is the single most frustrating part of this whole issue.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    These are the times when a simple global message such as "We are aware of the issue regarding Fan Rewards Kyle Schwarber and we are working towards a solution but there is no ETA." would go a long way.     
    For a global problem, yes. Otherwise, alerting the entire userbase of the game for a problem that impacts barely a handful of players isn't necessary. Besides, everyone's slamming on customer services for saying exactly the same thing that's posted here. We have no idea the level of complexity of the fix. It's a shitty deal, no doubt, but let's not act like this is an issue of transparency. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @Tdub71 mine was just fixed.  Check yours 
  • Options
    @Cooz19, when I say transparency, I mean information passed to the individuals.  In this case, a global announcement would do much more harm than good.  The disconnect is obviously between the development team, and cs. 

I don't think for a second that the cs reps I have had are holding back, they just don't know anything.  I will keep pressing for information, though.
  • Options
    Yep.  I am fixed now, too.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @Cooz19, when I say transparency, I mean information passed to the individuals.  In this case, a global announcement would do much more harm than good.  The disconnect is obviously between the development team, and cs. 

I don't think for a second that the cs reps I have had are holding back, they just don't know anything.  I will keep pressing for information, though.
    Almost every TSB player is entirely reliant on CS, who are limited with both their knowledge of the game and decision making. I understand that CS isn't supposed to be the answer for everything, but again, it's all most of us have. It is rather frustrating to get the same copy/paste response repeatedly. Some people are okay with the current system while others are visibly frustrated. Even though I was certain this situation would get resolved, things certainly could've been handled better. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @dfbb, that was really my biggest issue with the whole situation.  The dearth of information is almost worse than misinformation.  They have corrected their mistake though, so I can't hold a grudge.  

I guess I can lift my self-imposed spending moratorium...

Btw, I couldn't let the ticket close without a little nudge toward a gift to those affected...
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Tdub71 said:

Almost every TSB player is entirely reliant on CS, who are limited with both their knowledge of the game and decision making. I understand that CS isn't supposed to be the answer for everything, but again, it's all most of us have. It is rather frustrating to get the same copy/paste response repeatedly. Some people are okay with the current system while others are visibly frustrated. Even though I was certain this situation would get resolved, things certainly could've been handled better. 
    We have this DFBB guy too, I'd rather ask him first before contacting CS. I wonder if @DFBB has his own version of himself 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Yep.  I am fixed now, too.
    @Tdub71 seems to be a personal problem 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    @bayoubengal, nope.  Not anymore...
  • Options
    DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    Just checked and Schwarbs is back to normal. No apology gift from CS though. At this point I am glad I can use him for WoH tomorrow.