Options

Royale WoH

124Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dustyhunks I definitely agree that Weds is much tougher than Monday. And yes, I've invested in skills/upgrades more so than most people. My point is that once you do those things, it's not too bad. Today, for example, isn't that much different for my team than Mondays other than having to manually play more rounds(5.5 and up vs 5.7 and up). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I agree w DFBB......it comes down to how good your team is and being over the mark set for good RNG results.  Your team could be near the line but over it on Monday meaning it feels easy and you have fast rounds and a lot of success, but when the difficulty gets ratcheted up a few notches the same team is now short of the mark and struggles.  I would say DFBB  is an example of a player who’s team is over the tipping point line on both Mon and Wed.....which means at least in my case that there is a little more grinding but results are still quite achievable.   
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @bigvivec It’s not that there’s a constant struggle. It’s that there is NO struggle, until there is. This is how Royale has been since Sale arrived though now difficulty increase means the “struggle” happens sooner. By my second or third cycle you would think I don’t have a team that can cycle at all on Royale days when I get to level 5 to complete the next. The hittable pitches come less frequently until they stop coming nearly altogether. 

I don’t go beyond 8 or 9 for skills but the way I hear some people describe their WoH experiences compared to mine seems like night and day for those that heavily invest in those skills. I’m just skeptical when in my experience it seems like a switch is flipped, up is down and left is right. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    On Monday’s I almost could just drag my knuckles across my phone and win (most was 25, was 23 this past Monday), Royale is a different story but I still do well (7 yesterday average is 10-12 I didn’t need Goins and played bonus games and tourneys as I left my club and am starting my own).  Upgrades are 66/61/60/60 for the main 4, player skills are at 9, a few of my best players at 10/10.  Roster is 11 350 bxp players with a D7 prime Contreras.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    If by "knowledge," @DFBB, you mean "one knows when to tap to swing," I'd agree. It's splitting hairs, but yes, there is absolutely a huge element of knowledge involved. I wasn't trying to imply it's a heavy skill game either. You're probably right RE: skills, as that isn't an area I have maxed out (upgrades, yes, skills, no). I'll have to start working more on those. 
  • Options
    @Cooz19 Knowledge was used loosely. Basically, skills/upgrades are everything. I also failed to mention that skills/upgrades are magnified at higher tiers because of the bigger base numbers for our hitters. Anyways, I know guys have struggled and I thought I'd share what works for me. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The keeper boost really helped today and am very glad I have them.   Was able to make it around 11 times pretty painlessly, maximized the mega pxp boxes to get their skills to 12/12 and had time to get another cycle in with bonus games.   I know most dont like royale but it was productive for me yesterday.  Also Goins was an upgrade for me as i still had Cesar Hernandez from two months ago.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @DFBB How much gold is it to take an upgrade from 84 to 100? I have mine sitting on 84 and have been for a while, fearing the investment I might make to get them maxed.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I was able to cycle twice during live boost, but was unable to complete it without. I failed at different spots between 5.8 and 5.10 throughout the day. My skills are not leveled nearly as high as DFBB. If they were, it would approximate the live boost. I think this (at least loosely) supports DFBB position regarding skills. 
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY When on sale, 49.5k gold.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @DFBB wowzers, so about the same as capping a player in 18, so maybe put in perspective not that bad since I will only do the hitting ones all of the way to 100.
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY Last year, I was only able to take hitting to 95 because of the gold cost for leveling players. This year, with that cost removed, I was able to budge a bit more into upgrades. :)
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    No, it was very helpful, @DFBB. I appreciate it. It sort of slipped my mind, but I'll bet that's a big reason why I'm hitting walls like that. I have everyone at least at 6, a few are a little higher.