Options

My outfield: moving up to gold...I need advice

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts

I am currently in silver getting ready to move up to gold in about a week. I don’t have enough bxp for OF keeper, so For the time being I could move up 1 or 2 of these guys to gold 10, but I can’t choose which ones. I say 1 or 2 bc I can level up 1 Prime outfielder and my 350 max Pence w/ level 8 skills
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm probably biased from my experience with him in the game, and I'm doing my best to be objective, but I want TSB Bellinger to get plunked in the head by every pitcher with a 140+ arm until my pxp starts oozing out of that candy orifice he sits on. Trout would be the only one in that group I'd think about leveling but I'd need a few stacked bonus bxps to run the top woh rounds (the ones without base runners). 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Of the 3, I personally prefer Trout, given the skills and his baseline ratings.  I think RISP>>>Tie-game, enough so that the R/L difference is moot.

Of the other 2, I would take Belli over Yeli, but that s10 v/s b1 would make it a much tougher call.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    He's not a 'finisher,' but Trout is the best in that group by a pretty good margin imo. At least, for WoH purposes.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Upon another viewing, I would probably take Yeli over Belli, just because of the difference in resources spent.  I would hope you aren't counting either to be your lefty finisher.  I am sure you can find a couple bxp options better than either of those 2.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I’d take Trout only because like others have said for WOH, but again it all depends on your flavor of events. 
  • Options
    I’m a pretty casual player but I play heavily into WOH, so it sounds like Trout and Yelich are the best options bc of their skills despite Belli being the highest rated
  • Options
    So for me, these guys would be my top guys for WOH in gold just bc I don’t have high turnover and don’t play that much
  • Options

Another question, should I place a bxp guy off my bench as my DH, or take Pence up? Imo I see no reason to bring him up but maybe you guys have a diff opinion.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'm curious @marcoslo, why not just stay silver if you don't spend a terrible amount of time playing? The higher you move up, the more resources (and time) will typically need to be spent. I'm interested in your reasoning 😊 (somewhat regretful diamond player halfway wishing I could go back to silver 😉)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I love Pence as a lefty-killer, and had him for quite a while in that role.  Molitor is just as good, and will continue to grow, so if you can stomach the 5x bxp to cap him, I would go that way.
  • Options
    So for me, these guys would be my top guys for WOH in gold just bc I don’t have high turnover and don’t play that much
  • Options
    Yeah @Tdub71 that’s exactly what I was planning to do I never considered moving Pence up but thought I’d ask anyway
  • Options
    @retirepujols I play everyday, get 3 season series in, cycle WOH once lol but that’s it. And play the CVC. I feel like I’m capped in silver, a little bored of being here I feel like gold will give me the right balance maybe? 
  • Options
    I’m not in too much of a hurry I could wait for non prime outfielders with stacked skills🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Gotcha, if you're bored moving up will definitely give you more to do. Gold isn't terribly by any means, I would probably stop at gold personally (if I had a re-do), as it isn't horribly expensive to level guys. I was just curious, and have seen people move up in tiers before even capping guys and upgrades in their current tier (and with zero resources). ⬅️ That could lead to pure hatred from the game LOL. Good luck with the move up 😁👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @retirepujols, why not just bail on your diamond team for a while, and work on your alt?  Get them to gold, and hang out there with the slightly less cool kids (like me).

Edit: On second thought, I am sure you already considered this, and still decided on your current course.  Carry on, be well, and keep in touch.
  • Options
    EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I keep seeing people say "Stay gold" or the better phrase (my favorite book growing up, and I hated reading) "stay golden ponyboy," but I'm making the jump to diamond. I just want to so I can say I did, and to experience the diamond grind. This will determine if I go diamond next release. I'll never know unless I make the jump. Of silver and gold levels, silver was my sweet spot. Cheap capping players, I was a monster, by the basic standards, in cvc, and rocked all events. But in all honesty, it was too easy for me, I wanted a little more competition so that's the reason I've decided to experience every level/tier the game has to offer.
    ~UNAGI~
  • Options
    That’s awesome 
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I think gold is good. You have enough of a challenge getting resources to level players to make it interesting without it feeling futile. 
  • Options
    @Tdub71 the device my second team is on feels like I'm playing TSB on Windows 95. After discussions with a very wise, and borderline "too positive," gentleman I've decided to change the way I play. I'm basically just going to mind my own business and not really compete in events, and see how things go. I wish I could trade back into silver, but this is just a lesson learned for next year. Diamond was cool for about a month-and-a-half when I had time for it, but if you find yourself running out of time it becomes a huge hassle. 
  • Options
    @retirepujols why don't you see if you can switch your alt team to your best device, and your diamond team to your "misfit toy" device?  I am sure cs could help you through it.

Full disclosure, I am just trying to be a good junkie-buddy.  "Just one more, man.  You can quit whenever you want."
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh, yeah... I'm, uh.. I'm still playing 🧐 just not really playing events or in clubs or giving a 🤬 if I miss woh, etc. I'll just be quietly cycling d6 and playing cvc, occassionally dropping gloves for a couple of people. Ya know, lightweight stuff 😉

Edit: That's not a bad idea with the bronze team 🤔 I would want the VIP stuff transferred to it, though 😂 just the gifts. Btw, I saw a VIP bronze team with less than 60 games played a few days ago- and it was for sale. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I already miss @retirepujols. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    I already miss @retirepujols. ;)
    If I'm ever in that wild Northern area, I'll let you buy me a beer 😁
  • Options
    Ebiggz said:
    I keep seeing people say "Stay gold" or the better phrase (my favorite book growing up, and I hated reading) "stay golden ponyboy," but I'm making the jump to diamond. I just want to so I can say I did, and to experience the diamond grind. This will determine if I go diamond next release. I'll never know unless I make the jump. Of silver and gold levels, silver was my sweet spot. Cheap capping players, I was a monster, by the basic standards, in cvc, and rocked all events. But in all honesty, it was too easy for me, I wanted a little more competition so that's the reason I've decided to experience every level/tier the game has to offer.
    The biggest thing for me is I went into this cold. I hadn't played it in three years, and after months playing at least a few hours a day, I KIND of have an idea of what I'm doing. I didn't have any keepers. Assuming there's another version coming, and assuming it's structurally similar to what we know now, I'll probably end up stay at silver (yes, I know the game can change). The bottom line for me is there really isn't anything in higher levels that I'd want to do more than what I can do in silver. I mean...the idea of grinding out literally thousands of bonus games in an effort to get the resources needed to cap players isn't even remotely exciting to me. Knowing what I know now, I'd have a much better plan in place to enjoy the game at a less strenuous pace. 
  • Options
    EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Ebiggz said:
    The biggest thing for me is I went into this cold. I hadn't played it in three years, and after months playing at least a few hours a day, I KIND of have an idea of what I'm doing. I didn't have any keepers. Assuming there's another version coming, and assuming it's structurally similar to what we know now, I'll probably end up stay at silver (yes, I know the game can change). The bottom line for me is there really isn't anything in higher levels that I'd want to do more than what I can do in silver. I mean...the idea of grinding out literally thousands of bonus games in an effort to get the resources needed to cap players isn't even remotely exciting to me. Knowing what I know now, I'd have a much better plan in place to enjoy the game at a less strenuous pace. 
    That's a reason I enjoy this game, it works well for people with different playing styles. It's good for laid back casual players, people who like to grind, and all in between. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Pujols ive had a little less aggressive plan than some of you guys and not really feeling burnt out as of now. 2 d6 cycles a week, enough prime on Tuesday to get top tier-which isn’t much. Tourneys on Wednesday and bonus games on Thursday. And whatever I can get in on Monday as I still need resources. I decided to work on my keepers instead of the very costly primes and legend. This seems like it’s working for me and still affords me time to do other things. 
  • Options
    Seeing what @Cooz19 said maybe I’m fine in silver😂 school starts up soon for me also
  • Options
    @marcoslo I went to silver pretty quickly but I was in silver for 2.5 months before going to gold just like two weeks ago. The resources you have (based on your other post) illustrate the challenge of staying in silver. What else are you going to do with all of that? I went to gold because I couldn't win bonus games consistently, and some suggested woh was easier at gold. That, and I just sort of wanted to build again. You're gonna be able to level very quickly and be well on your way. I didn't have that much resources. Had I waited, I think I'd enjoy gold more right now, but I'll get through it soon enough. 

What I miss about silver, though, is just being able to play with the new toy after I unwrap it. I'm a Twins fan, and I have Nelson Cruz in my inactives, likely not getting leveled up any time soon. That's less fun I think than I'd like it to be. 

• Options
    @Cooz19 this is my dilemma, I love silver bc of the ease to max out new players. But I’d love gold for WOH being easier (I’ve heard), and grinding to build ppl. But idk now silvers dope but I feel like I’ve done everything I can here but also like the ease