Options

My outfield: moving up to gold...I need advice

2Next

Comments

• Options
    marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Even in silver I’m not the greatest sometimes I don’t even cycle WOH or Slug Fest, score crazy high to win CVC bc I’ve never been high round or MVP😂sooo
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I was overmatched in HOF in silver, but I can beat it with great effort in gold. I can beat Royale HOF in gold. If you are beating WOH HOF and Royale WOH in silver, I’d seriously consider staying there for at least a while and banking a boatload of BxP, PxP, LXP, and gold. Yes, you can cleanup in bonus games moving to gold, but I have a roster full of players I can’t afford to level up in gold. Sax will be so yesterday by the time he makes my active roster. Looking forward to the next batch of POTMs when these expire next week.  Don’t really see much difference in my CvC scores since I maxed the hitting upgrades. If I could have beat HOF in silver, I’d go back in a heartbeat. Just my $0.02. 
  • Options
    Sorry...our posts crossed. Agree with @DFBB on move-up plan. I maxed My two keeper bats (Schmidt, Hoz) and my ML when I moved up about a month ago. Both still very relevant. ML is still my lefty closer bat even with only RHP skill. 
  • Options
    Next priority for me was ace for season mode playoffs. 
  • Options
    @COWPILEY hm okay it definitely seems like I should stay in silver until I can cycle thorough all levels then and really have enough xp to upgrade these players bc with 175k bxp I won’t get too far 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    marcoslo said:
    @Cooz19 this is my dilemma, I love silver bc of the ease to max out new players. But I’d love gold for WOH being easier (I’ve heard), and grinding to build ppl. But idk now silvers dope but I feel like I’ve done everything I can here but also like the ease
    I'm not gonna do the math, but it seemed to me, with your resources, you'd be able to level a few primes to G10. I haven't done that, and, depending on time, I'm able to make, at worst, a really strong push in classic. Usually I beat it 2 times and run out of time/desire to pay to beat the higher end of 5 on the third trip. If your top 2 righties and maybe your top 2-3 lefties are G10 primes, I don't think you'd have much of a problem. 

What I got screwed with was literally the day after I went gold, they changed season mode to give pxp in the playoff rewards (gold season is much more difficult, well, more difficult in the sense I won three straight seasons losing a total of like five games in silver). When I wrote earlier about "knowing what I know now," that was the biggest thing. I would have run a bunch more seasons, probably buying a few instant plays to save up more pxp. 
  • Options
    I had about 850k bxp /170k PxP, but I had definite ideas on where I wanted to be when I jumped (10 hitters with the keepers and ML, 5 starters, and 2 relievers maxed) which was overkill. Especially the five starters. Once I quit maxing new toys in silver, the XPs built up fast and some of it was waiting for a day with fan rewards to make the jump.
  • Options
    @COWPILEY yeah I think I’ll definitely wait to move up to gold until I build up way more bxp and just get better at playing WOH overall