Options

WOH Royale 08/28

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Monday had the guaranteed player/box and Wed's Royale usually had the boxes that were easy to repull. For example, there were often two 45% players and the legends would be 10%. Monday's boxes were usually spread out a bit more so it was more difficult to level via repulling(i.e 15-30%).

edit: to be clear, things got considerably more generous/easier as the year went on.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited August 2019
    good old times B)
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    What's crystal clear to me is that I'm not going to be able to cycle on Wednesdays until I can get access to more pxp to cap some of my 400/420 max prime players. As it stands now, I can only make it to 5.8 before getting nothing but curves.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    You still see a lot of curves even with 400, 420 guys. Might need a legend to sail. 
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I’m 2-2 with my alt that has one 400 guy and 1-6 with my main that has two 420s and two 400s. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    scioscia is 10/11 on syndergaard today
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    3/3 with McMahon. Havent had much time to play. Taken Petit deep to win it twice on slider with Goins. 
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Just had something I’ve never seen before. Hit a two-out pop up towards first on 5-9 that the fielder could not get to because of the runner. It dropped and rolled foul past first and stopped. Game froze and I lost all progress. Thanks Glu. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I ran through once just to do it, but unfortunately that doesn't help me much like it would if I were bronze or silver lol. I lost at 5.8 on the first go around when my replay video didn't work (of course), but the second time around it was all good with video boosts. Really no reason to cycle any further 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I’m trying to cycle a few times for the extra PXP. Is it better to trade him in immediately, or let him level up a few times and then trade him in? I remember a similar post about this a while back, searched about 5 minutes for it but had no luck *sigh* 
  • Options
    I’m trying to cycle a few times for the extra PXP. Is it better to trade him in immediately, or let him level up a few times and then trade him in? I remember a similar post about this a while back, searched about 5 minutes for it but had no luck *sigh* 
    You're better off keeping him. The xp you get will grow each time you cycle. 
  • Options
    EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts

I struggled hard core on Wednesday WOH when I was gold. I moved to plat last night and I struggled a little on level 5, but not nearly as bad as I did in gold. I also had 5 primes in gold, and I have an all bxp team in plat. I finally reached 5.10 and it was like I was on 1.1. It felt that easy. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I finally beat Royale WoH!  Too bad I only had time for the one cycle before work this morning and it’s back-to-school night for my daughter.

Took me using 80 gold boosts on 5.8-5.10 because after going 0-3 against Scherzer, I wasn’t starting at 5.1 a 4th time!  😂

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    1-1 with 80 gold boost. This guys been a beast for me
  • Options
    RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Thank you! @DFBB
  • Options
    HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I can’t even get through lvl 5 any more since moving to gold. I’ve been using this line up. I have more new players I haven’t been leveling up. Should I make some changes to this line up? Like level up my primes from silver, or change some of the 350 guys out for other guys I have? 
    I know my team not great, but lemme know ur opinions guy

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • Options
    Ebiggz said:

I struggled hard core on Wednesday WOH when I was gold. I moved to plat last night and I struggled a little on level 5, but not nearly as bad as I did in gold. I also had 5 primes in gold, and I have an all bxp team in plat. I finally reached 5.10 and it was like I was on 1.1. It felt that easy. 
    I have Eaton but left him s10. I just don't like him as a person and can't get passed it. Team Frazier all the way...

That said what are your skills for that guy? I went 5/5 w/McMahon before tiring and getting screwed by rebracketing but it was quite easy for me as well at 5.10. Other rounds felt that way too but there were times I was tripped up, not so in 5.10. IIRC Thor's stuff is lowest rated of 5.8-5.10 pitchers so maybe McMahon's skills at 13/13 is just too much for him.

If I had time and wasn't about to go diamond I would have made a push to cycle cap but even 85k pxp isn't enough to warrant it when he would be sitting at p10 indefinitely with only 30% the pxp I had at start of event left over. Different story if it had been a lhb firstbaseman or some such. Maybe.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @HanysYoder Votto and Marte bxp off top of my head should be replacements. I would go through all bxp guys not capped in gold where you have stackable skills and compare hit and power to those that are g10. Meadows, 2x Blowout Mondesi and Bellinger should be kicked to curb immediately. Also Prime DJ at the very least should be capped.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @HanysYoder holy cow, dude. It looks like it's time to purge your roster 😂 you have a lot of guys that don't look to be useful- aka xp waiting for you- and I'm curious why you have one skill bellinger in rather than Senzel. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I’m out. Can’t get past Max for the past 3 hours. 
    Carpal Tunnel killing me 
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I took Cervelli to G.10, and have now cycled him to P.9.  One more to go.  I had to use a few 80 gold boosts the first several times, but since live boost kicked in, I've only used video boosts (on 5.8-5.10) and I haven't even had to use a video restart the last 4 cycles.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    The version of WOH that I’m playing was set to “No More Winning” about an hour ago. 
  • Options
    Live boost makes all the difference with bxp majority lineup. Skills to pxp is baseline at this point too.
  • Options
    @retirepujols Yeah I feel you. I honestly don't know why I haven't just traded them in for XP yet. I am new to the game this year and still trying to figure it all out. I only had the Bellinger in for an extra Lefty Bat. I was also just keeping him my regular lineup to get those RBI, Hits, and Homerun achievements for the gold. Would you say the only useful would be the higher primes and players with good stackable skills?
  • Options
    @dustyhunks Is there like a chart somewhere out there where you can see the players potential ratings for when you level them up? I feel like that is holding me back from leveling up most of them honestly.  Also what I am getting is pretty much anyone with the blowback should be scrapped because its only active for a little bit and turns off? And the other skills are more useful?
  • Options
    Silver = 1.61
    Gold = 2.14
    Plat = 2.83
    Diamond = 3.66

Multiply hit at b1 by those values to get capped value in that tier. Votto should be 229 hit which is as close to top bxp player at g10 you can get, Marte at 221. For s10, divide hit by 1.61 then multiply that value by 2.14 for g10 value etc.

Blowout is up/down at least 4 runs. It would be active for Royale WoH and HoF on Monday in certain rounds in top level at start of AB. WoH, late and RHP/LHP would be active always in WoH with only a couple exceptions. LHP/RHP only activate vs those handed pitchers for example.
  • Options
    @dustyhunks Oh wow awesome. Thank you for the stat multiplier information!! Yeah I totally get you on the reasoning of having the LHP/RHP skills over the blowout. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me man I really appreciate all the help!!!
  • Options
    @HanysYoder I'm not sure how your resources look, but keep in mind that a new potm box will pop early next week. 
  • Options
    @DFBB I just started to see how valuble those players are honestly. I just gotta save up a little cash to get some gold and those boxes. With my luck though I always pull the XP haha
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Cycle capped from g10.  Not a starter but makes my WOH bench. I’ll take it.