Cvc twice as hard. Pitching twice the strength. Field pass harder to get..

25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
Cvc made harder. Was fun? 
Prev1

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’ve somehow reacquired my wet noodle bats I thought were thrown away. No, not fun for me.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Agree not sure the reason for the pitcher change? Why fix it if it’s not broke 🤨
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah this sucks. They REALLY want you to spend a lot of money and go gold or higher. I have a stacked lineup that always does well in CvC. Now my capped out silver legends with 12% multipliers on their attributes are "doinking" soft groundouts from pitchers they still have a "favorable matchup" against. LOL

So now not only is WoH HoF rigged beyond belief, my next favorite game, CvC, is becoming impossible.

This money grab continues, my TSB experience will just be a few months long. I'll play out until 2019 is over and that will likely be it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The pitchers haven't been changed in over 5 months, what did you expect? Should be happy that it lasted as long as it did. Was is easier before? Absolutely. But this was coming and probably way over due.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I feel that this is long overdue. Ive experienced the wet noodle bat against incredibly overmatched pitchers for waaaaaay to long. Maxed out diamond hitters facing bronze pitchers with ratings of 60 or lower should totally dominate them. Strong silver teams have a great strategy and glu has allowed them to dominate cvc. It’s obvious that glu wants  teams to move up based upon how hard it is to win games at the lower levels and this seems like the final change in strategy to force players to move up to the higher levels. I’m curious to see how this really plays out and how it affects each of the different levels scores. I was planning on staying silver next year but this will definitely make me think next years strategy. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    There are pros and cons to each tier. If you're silver, you should be able to level legends left and right and have a ridiculous team with minimal effort. The cons are you have to pay for gold/watch videos, and woh is more difficult. Now, you silver guys will slay cvc a little less 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 imagine being diamond with 420 bats and watching silver teams score 20x more in cvc the past few months for little to no reasonable sense 🙃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
     You’re not going to get hits every time you go to the plate.  My 440 diamond 10 PotM makes outs in WoH and CvC all the time.  These bronze 1 1-2 star pitchers weren’t going to be the pitchers all season and honestly I’m surprised they lingered this long.  This game yes rewards those who’ve spent a bit, or those who can dedicate inordinate amounts of time to it (I’ve spent maybe 100 total but ungodly amounts of time via the diamond grind) and really rewards those who can do both.  I can certainly understand those who are attached to their arsenals of elite players in silver/gold not wanting to spend inordinate amounts of cash leveling them up.  Last season it seemed gold was the place to be for a lot of things (silver if you were farming slugfest for pxp).  This probably moves some players to gold but for those without time to play I can see where silver is the sweet spot not having to spend 107k per player.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    in woh the the higher the batters rating against the lower rated pitchers the more they dominate them but during cvc they can barely hit them? Has made no sense to me. Thank you glu
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Lol. People crying because a part of the game that was extremely easy for some, is now a little harder. 😅😅😅😅 makes my heart happy to see lower tiers now struggle on something higher tiers struggled with for so long and shouldn't have. #SorryNotSorry

You can't expect something to stay easy all the time, unless you're talking about sluts. Hell, even they get harder to "do" over time. 😉

Best advice is, learn to adapt.
    ~UNAGI~
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    You can't expect something to stay easy all the time, unless you're talking about sluts. Hell, even they get harder to "do" over time. 😉

Best advice is, learn to adapt.

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    My 100K silver team is struggling in CvC now. This is an outrage, and a serious blow to my self-esteem and confidence. I may need therapy. But seriously though, it does kinda suck. I'm probably not going to move up to gold since there still plenty of advantages to staying in silver.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I feel like the hate is real from some of you higher tier players towards us silver guys (@CanadaCubs). As a fellow Canuck I find this attitude to be un-Canadian and not very inclusive. Can't we all just love and respect each other....

Yeah I'm one of those silver guys whining. This is also my first year playing. Just started a few months ago, so forgive my lack of knowledge on all of this.

No, I don't expect it to be easy every time, nor do I want it to be.  Again, it is the extreme changes or the situations that come up that make a game seemingly impossible to play at an enjoyable level.

Despite CvC being much harder this morning, I did put in a solid final round, which was good enough for my club to win the match, and I won MVP. I then pulled Johnny Bench out of the MVP boxes. Yay for me.

Like I said above, it is just strange to have a solid team, even though it is silver, have "favorable" matchups, take the same approach, only to have someone like John Kruk hit pitches over the middle the other way as pop ups to third now, or a roller to short....every at bat. Ok, make it harder, fine. But don't make it UNREALISTIC.

That is also my whine in WoH HoF. I don't expect to win every round and be able to play it over and over and cycle through to capping. That's UNREALISTIC on my part.

However, having a "favorable matchup", using live boosts, dropping gold to get a higher bump, etc, only to see nine pitches nowhere near the plate called strikes is UNREALISTIC.  Then use a video restart, gold again to boost, then have six more pitches to start the next round nowhere near the plate for your first two outs is UNREALISTIC. Eric Friggin Gregg's strike zone wasn't that bad.

THAT is what I'm whining about.

Looking forward to the Noon CST CvC.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    If you are looking for something realistic, I think you are playing the wrong game...
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I was wondering why I wasn't putting up my anywhere near my normal and I'm not even mad because neither was anyone else. Just gotta go harder.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    quick question since it just happened to me.. how much more do we need a fix for the camera panning now that cvc scoring is harder?
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don’t want to get too judgy, because I am only gold. But the game is clearly not designed to be played at the silver tier.  The game seems to have two plateaus—gold and diamond. Silver is just too “easy” to acquire and level players, there’s no challenge to it, so I was fine when the game forced me to move up to win prime and bonus games. In my opinion you really can’t complain about not being able to stay silver because the game simply wasn’t designed for people to stay at that low level. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    The change really forced people into the 2 main camps of gold and diamond. Obvious pros and cons to both. Just a personal preference for your game experience. I had made the jump to gold a while ago for that sweet spot on WOH so I'm pleased with the pitcher bump. 
    Can’t stay Silver forever.  This pitching bump was very much needed
    Why not?
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Yeah my highest round so far is 15 mil pretty sorry 😕
    Where does this say pitchers were ramped up so Silver would have to move to Gold and higher? They’re harder for everyone! Not sure why Silver teams seem to be under attack! Just sayin’
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @tshea510 The baseline(pitchers) was raised so that effects the lower tiers significantly more.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Thanks @DFBB
    Why not?
    You can. But pitching will continue to go up for woh and cvc, making it increasingly difficult to compete and stay relevant. By the end of last year, we were facing 200+ TS pitchers in cvc.  
    I was silver all last year and dominated my club in cvc with a mix of silver, gold plat teams etc. I haven’t noticed a whole lot of difference so far. Won every cvc this weekend 🤷🏻‍♂️. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Why not?
    You can. But pitching will continue to go up for woh and cvc, making it increasingly difficult to compete and stay relevant. By the end of last year, we were facing 200+ TS pitchers in cvc.  
    I was silver all last year and dominated my club in cvc with a mix of silver, gold plat teams etc. I haven’t noticed a whole lot of difference so far. Won every cvc this weekend 🤷🏻‍♂️. 
    How is your point production?  Are you scoring the same?  Honest question.  I know from my perspective I’m scoring s little less than what I’m used to with similar bonus players from a week ago, but my matchups are SIGNIFICANTLY easier in that the overall total I need to beat and from other matchups I go around and check in are much lower than they had been in the clutch of clubs I snipe in.  I am not seeing the big silver and gold team point totals at previous levels.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My scores have been more or less the same (mediocre) but I’ve won high round in 3 of the 4 I’ve participated in and 2 MVPs this weekend so I’m pretty happy.  Overall scores do seem to be slightly less so I’d say there’s been some impact with stronger yet not too crazy pitching so far.  
    My observation after about 28 rounds of CvC.....treat it like the HR Derby. Pull everything. Hitting the other does not work well at all, at least for me. Started to pull everything and my scores went up. Of course, having a multiplier in the lineup also helps.

Also, my overall scores are about 10% of what they used to be, but still good enough to win some matchups and some MVP. So, it evens out.  The rounds are just much quicker, which sucks.

FWIW, I scored better than I had been this past weekend.  I’m platinum and noticed my stronger gold and diamond  clubmates did about the same or better than usual as well.  Point totals were lower across the board however and what in weeks past would be an average end of round result would throw me higher up the leaderboard than expected.  I think it’s just as discussed;  bronze, silver and mid level gold teams had their legs swept cobra kai 🐍 style and half of them left to go play Mario Kart as a result.  High end gold, good plat and diamond teams weren’t really affected and maybe got some more fastballs than usual.  

And yeah, don’t pull everything!  LOL
    My observation after about 28 rounds of CvC.....treat it like the HR Derby. Pull everything. Hitting the other does not work well at all, at least for me. Started to pull everything and my scores went up. Of course, having a multiplier in the lineup also helps.
    What level is your team?