Issues with Samsung s-series devices

SBxIronmanSBxIronman 15 PostsRegistered Users, Member
After gathering feedback here and via a Facebook, I have found I am far from the only person affected by a new issue following the latest forced update. This problem occurs when watching videos or accessing the in game ticket system. The screen switches/flickers back and forth between the game and the videos, which continues anywhere from 30 seconds to indefinitely. This prevents players using these devices from collecting gold, earning boosts or restarting things like WOH rounds.

I engaged CS in a discussion on this topic, and their expert solution was to buy a new phone. That is unacceptable,  given that these features were working prior to the update, and the issue has been confirmed to affect the Galaxy s9 phone, which is a relatively new phone. I have video taken of the flickering, but any testing done should quickly replicate the issue.

Comments

• MulderkenMulderken 123 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I'm playing on the s9 plus with zero issues 
  • bigvivecbigvivec 1,989 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    LOL.......CS told you to buy a new phone?!?
    AKA  Brokejawipeout

..............DISAGREE!!!!!!!   😂 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 206 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    S8+ working incredibly well... 
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman 15 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Yup, they did indeed actually say that. Well, one of them did. There was an s9 user that responded in a Facebook group thread who is seeing the flickering issue. But it’s good that it’s not all of them
  • BMITCHELL81BMITCHELL81 2 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I used to have the same problems with my Samsung but the newest update fixed all my issues.  Someone that also had a Samsung device told me that if you register info it clears up the glitch some how idk if it was that or the update. 
    This is still killing my ability to play the game. WOH is risky at best, since videos don’t provide rewards (restarts, boosts, etc), even if they somehow manage to complete, which usually takes 2-3 minutes per attempt. It’s brutal.
  • JoeFromThePubJoeFromThePub 4 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    This is still killing my ability to play the game. WOH is risky at best, since videos don’t provide rewards (restarts, boosts, etc), even if they somehow manage to complete, which usually takes 2-3 minutes per attempt. It’s brutal.
    Have you had any luck since posting this? I have the exact same issue with my Samsung S6. Everything was working just fine until the update. I contacted CS via their email contact button because the in-game option via Settings flickers to the point I have to close out. Even when I get a video to load after letting it sit for 2 minutes I don't get credit for it (i.e. the video achievements are unobtainable now). It's making the game hard to play because I can't use a boost or continue a high round on CvC and WoH is no fun when you get to Round 10 and there's no way to get a free replay via videos. CS told me I probably don't have enough RAM even though videos work just fine on Words With Friends 2 AND they work on Tap Sports Baseball '18. Extremely frustrating.
    Nope, CS did nothing, no moderators have stepped in to escalate the issue. You are absolutely correct in your assessment that videos work fine in other apps, including TSB 18. This is specific to the most recent Android update. But now they've also released a buggy iOS update, so my expectations on any sort of fix are really blown now.
  • JoeFromThePubJoeFromThePub 4 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I've tried everything. Clearing the cache fixed it for 1 video and after that it reverted back to flickering and freezing. I've tried installing different APK's in hopes they would work over the Play Store version but no luck. I wish we could just revert back to the previous update but unfortunately it forces you to update.