Options

Input/video lag at certain times every day

dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
edited April 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Noticed this in 2018 too. At 6am and 7pm EST every day the game becomes unplayable for me. Frame rate seems to be cut in half and tap input lags horribly. It can be captured in video which I have attached. There are parts where the game seems to normalize and fps reverts back (screen seems to jump as a couple homeruns travel into stands in vid) but its quickly back to lag shortly after. 

This is on latest ios on iPhone SE. I’m confident in the device as I’ve never experienced this in any other app besides TSB. I dont use iCloud and I don’t backup wirelessly to iTunes. It happens on LTE and wireless and any network I am connected to. Anyone else experienced this? CS is useless and just wants to blame my device. 

This vid is from this morning. Watch at highest quality. It may be difficult to see difference but I can assure you, the video on my device shows the lag and is exactly what it is like during this time frame. It's visible in menus as well. Then after about an hour will just abruptly end and be smooth again.

https://youtu.be/Et-NpmHKKs0

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damn west coasters messing up the framerate for us 🤔
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    edited April 2019
    If it wasn’t for Autoplay, I would have removed it a long time ago and certainly not continue another season, with hopes, of gameplay improvements. I constantly crash when swapping Batters, but once set. Batter swings against 100+ pitchers is at best, a guess.  One feels very silly if the first pitch is an intentional walk.  I don’t know if it is FPS, background App chatter or exasperated caching.  I’ve Restarted my iPad, which can make a temporary return-to-normal “fun & challenge”, but then Glu is not exclusive in their temperance since other gaming Apps exhibit similar behavior when they become “too big” to do everything well.  When gameplay is a sense of byturn, fight and result no matter device or OS platform, does well on mobile. When interactive, much more creeper factor is a moving target. (by example for me, Gem Matching or tap to hit ie WGT Golf). TSB 18/19 crashes ‘as often’ as other games; however, acknowledging the issues themselves is either embraced, a complete surprise or it must be you and no one else has ever had the problem.
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • Options
    ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area