Options

Gold vs Silver WOH

2Next

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I honestly didn’t really save anything and cycled walk-off today with almost no resistance. 

When I left silver, I had 1.3 mil in cash only and 75K in blue XP. That’s it.  the cash went to hitting upgrades (top 3 to 50 and the late inning one to 45) I won some XP yesterday from cvc and bought the 18 box deal, which gave me more XP. Here is the lineup I used today to cycle. 

• Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    SO i went gold last night still on level 5 in WOH. I have 800k cash and 68k bxp. Level 5 was a breeze for my first level ever in gold, and I had no one leveled to gold yet either.
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I think the speed of the pitches is what makes it easier 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like Gold is the way to go if you want to cycle WOH. However, I am still struggling to actually see the benefit to spending a bunch of time cycling it right now with the rewards being mostly cash, maybe 4k xp and a "has-been" for the reward player (Snell, Grandal, et cetera). 

What I'd really like to see is the division rewards for Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Heck, depending on that and a few other little things here, I might just dash straight to Diamond right now while cycling WOH isn't much benefit anyway.
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY here it is. 

• Options
    @slafrance2
    Nice, thanks! Lot of gold in there. I might go this morning, I suppose... seems like the game is really pushing me there. Hopefully I don't miss out on a bunch of PXP in SF, but if I do, oh well.

I wonder if there are screenshots floating around somewhere for Platinum and Diamond?
  • Options
    @JEDDDOGGY you're welcome. So i felt the same way last night and just said to heck with it and went to gold. kinda having the same issue with prime and bonus games, but WOH level 5 was easy. (I did not level any players to gold yet either).

I have not seen the Plat or Diamond SS yet as well.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY You get a ton of bxp with woh cycles. Post-update, we now get the trade in value of duplicate player pulls. The more they're leveled, the more xp we get. For example, Grandal, once at g10, we were getting 6475 bxp for beating 5.10. The higher rated, the more xp. As you can imagine, this adds up real fast.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB okay, yes... I was seeing some discussion about that and it does give me reason to stick in Gold for now instead of just going straight on through.
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I've got 1.4M cash and 140K XP.  Enough to go gold and cycle WoH?
  • Options
    BosnavisokoBosnavisoko Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I've got 1.4M cash and 140K XP.  Enough to go gold and cycle WoH?
    I had 1,6M cash and 160K XP and was able to cycle WOH from first try.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    You can really feel live boost in gold.  Its pretty crazy how fast you can cycle with it on.   
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I think the speed of the pitches is what makes it easier 
    It's exactly what it is. Went gold yesterday after lvl 3 and all the problem pitchers we've been fighting in silver (Triggs, Baez, Floro, Buchter etc) transformed from Phil Niekro into Hideki Irabu. I smashed lvl 4 & 5 with only one video restart on 5.7. I didn't even use video boosts.
    On the 2nd cycle, level 1 & 2 were harder than the rest because of the slow pitches causing so many infield dribblers.

• Options
    Oh and Season mode is back to normal. Losing every game lol. Went from 47-5 to 47-12
  • Options
    JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @slafrance2
    Yeah, my dumb ass went Gold yesterday forgetting where I was at in season mode. I was heading into the semifinals and got BLASTED. Should have waited til the season was completed.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Are you guys boosting skills to pxp prior to jump to gold or holding off for now?
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Are you guys boosting skills to pxp prior to jump to gold or holding off for now?
    I boosted the ones where I have the platoon matchup with the skill. If it was RHB and a RHP skill I left it at 4%
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    @slafrance2
    Yeah, my dumb ass went Gold yesterday forgetting where I was at in season mode. I was heading into the semifinals and got BLASTED. Should have waited til the season was completed.
    Yeah I made that mistake last year, learned my lesson on coordinating season with silver/gold jump.
    I'm only boosting skills to bxp on mine for now. I'll wait for 2 skill players before i do that. Keepers are the only ones I own so far.
  • Options
    So any hitter that has a good skill yes they’re all up to pxp. Pitchers only to EVO. 
  • Options
    That’s why I’m short in bxp