Options

Slugfest.

2Next

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Houmy yup... sigh... lol 55k is a lot of xp right now, and to spend on one slugger, let alone I need 4 or maybe 5... I'll have to determine if it's going to be worth it, or if I can even do it. Going gold blasted all my resources into outer space already.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY How do you want to approach the game? Once again, sluggers were responsible for building my team(so much cash/gloves/evo). It was a great jump start, but the amount of resources I racked up in gold WoH absolutely dwarfs what I could've made in SF. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Well..........he ain’t got much choice now....  ;)

i have a feeling that choice choice was made before the leap....eggs in one basket isn’t a bad thing if the yield is consistent and high.  
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    This event is currently my favorite. 
  • Options
    Well I guess what I don't understand is once you have your sluggers leveled to the point they can score 5700+ why would you even need to level them up anymore? Or does the CPU player start hitting 600 foot homeruns in Gold, Platinum, etc or something?
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well I guess what I don't understand is once you have your sluggers leveled to the point they can score 5700+ why would you even need to level them up anymore? Or does the CPU player start hitting 600 foot homeruns in Gold, Platinum, etc or something?
    Last year to cycle gold when prime sluggers came out it took over 6000 to win typically at the last level unless you got lucky and he missed. But leveling prime sluggers in gold was a crazy use of resource - not going to do it this year
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Okay yeah that makes sense. What do you think my chances of cycling slug in Gold on Wednesday are if I still have all my sluggers at S10? I can hit 5500-5700 for sure.

And as far as using 100k or so PXP to level a slugger up in Gold, yeah I don’t think I will be going that. Doesn’t Glu realize that it’s impossible to level sluggers up after Gold tier? Lol
  • Options
    Just an FYI: I don't have a single slugger in gold and I'm still making nice cash/gloves via derby. Also, @JEDDDOGGY, one of my clubmmates has beaten SF and only his legend is gold. A tad time consuming and It won't be free, but it can be done. 
  • Options
    @DFBB thanks for the info, and yeah I’m crushing battles still as well. I still get a lot of bronze guys and am getting good enough that even the guys with gold sluggers that show up on occasion have a tough time with me. My Trout at s10 rated 145 has beaten Gold sluggers rated as high as 190. So this is partly what gives me some hope that I will be alright still for now. 

As as far as the My Legend, I’m unsure if he will go to Gold with me at all unless he gains a 2nd skill. The 235k exp cost of leveling is troublesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY It's actually 251k for the ML. That chart skipped level 3. :)

• Options
    #mylegendgate!!!!
  • Options
    harperphils34harperphils34 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Slugfest is my barometer for leveling up in the game largely because of the cost of capping My Legend. If the ML ratings kept pace with the better players offered in the game, I might change that. When I know the ML will eventually get deactivated, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep leveling it up at such a steep markup over normal players. 

My plan is to stay in Bronze until ML is no longer in my top 5 sluggers. Then, I'll make the jump to Silver hopefully with plenty of firepower at lower leveling costs to continue to dominate the event. Once Prime Sluggers come out, I'll look at leveling up to Gold once my top 5 sluggers are capped Primes. I'll do the same with Legends and moving up to Platinum. Once I get a full Slugger roster of Legends, then I'll make the decision on Diamond. 

If the game progresses anything like last year, Legend Sluggers will become a troublesome spot simply because they never added LXP to the tower as a reward. Staying competitive through Gold shouldn't be an issue though. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @harperphils34 The ML will improve with the rest of the players, similar to keepers. Theoretically, he will always be your best player.
  • Options
    Eh. He’s not even my 4th or 5th best player now because he only has 1 skill.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    WoW! Who are your top players?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    DFBB said:
    WoW! Who are your top players?
    Well Clark, Mantle and Rizzo all have 2 skills and I have potm Alonso and potm Lowe who have one skill but higher overall (I get that POTM are temp boosted but we will get more of them next month).
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I also have 5 hitters, who aren’t keepers or my legend, who have 2 skills. Not all are the preferred skills, but still not bad 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have 4 players with two skills including my keepers. I’m about a week into gold and beginning to level my keepers then I’ll level the legend after.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m solidly ensconced in silver and have no plans for moving anytime soon. I have 5 2 skill players ATM.....when I do go gold whenever that is I plan on taking the cheaper 2 skill players and Ichiro who is my WOH keeper stud.   Until I start to struggle in WOH I will keep sandbagging in silver and soaking up resources while staying bonus player competitive via dirt cheap maxing total values.