Options

Season mode and CvC in gold.

Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
I am killing both season mode and CvC in silver, does anyone know if by switching to gold would make it harder to win in these events?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Season mode should be ok if you bring your entire team over. CvC, however, tapered a good amount when I went to gold. All things equal, CvC appears to be tougher in each tier beyond silver.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Thanks, still debating leveling up. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Is your whole lineup capped in platinum? @CanadaCubs
  • Options
    If I move up and Capp all my players at gold will I still do well in CvC?
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Yes, I earn from 100k to 800k per 1/8 session of cvc. Make sure upgrades are capped
  • Options
    Yes, I earn from 100k to 800k per 1/8 session of cvc. Make sure upgrades are capped
    Is that with the CvC edge and bonus players?
  • Options
    With neither.  I ended up getting bonus players for the final cvc. Scored 1.8 million as my high 1/8th round
  • Options
    With neither.  I ended up getting bonus players for the final cvc. Scored 1.8 million as my high 1/8th round
    Nice! Thanks for the info. 
  • Options
    ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I am in Platinum, do NOT go up. I am getting slaughtered, and the opposing pitchers are impossibly higher than I am even able to achieve.  I am an 88k VIP team, with ALL starters mostly WELL over 200, 8-9 in the 220-259 range.

*** PLEASE NOTE MY ICE PACK KERSHAW AT MAX 10 CAPPED PLATINUM 10, AND THE OPPOSING KERSHAW, WHO IS ALREADY IN DIAMOND STATUS AT PLATINUM 3-4 ****

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Can someone explain why cvc is more difficult at platinum?  I’m batting with 250 plus hitters against 40-60 pitchers. In gold, I was getting 150k per round average. Now I’m averaging around 20k in platinum. 
    Nope. Not at all. It really makes no sense. 

I wouldnt say dont move up like @ORBBIRDS said. I would phrase it this way. 

If you value free gold from playoffs and can cycle walk-off several times each time, then moving up makes a lot of sense. The rewards from walk-off, in terms of XP from multi cycling, can greatly surpass the rewards from season mode.  Moving up also allows you to easily contribute on prime and bonus game events as you won’t reach your win level max. 

If you value putting up crazy numbers in cvc and winning season mode every 10 days without spending gold, then staying lower is your best move. 

My current season mode record is 24-32 and I don’t care one bit. I only play it for the little bit of pennants I get and I have 32K in free gold from playoffs as compensation for facing crazy pitchers in season mode 
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I actually Liked season mode (past tense) now I just play it in the mornings when there is literally nothing else to do. The pennants are nice but as my roster was evolving, I know that some of those will be lost when those players are gone for example I have 0 Phillies now, but 340 of my pennants are sitting there awaiting the day I pull someone, I had them for the weekend, but gone (no one needs a 4.5 star cutch) so it doesn't mean much now. Im at Diamond 1 and it is hard as hell to win a game Current record is 10-18 and I was lucky to win the 10.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I actually Liked season mode (past tense) now I just play it in the mornings when there is literally nothing else to do. The pennants are nice but as my roster was evolving, I know that some of those will be lost when those players are gone for example I have 0 Phillies now, but 340 of my pennants are sitting there awaiting the day I pull someone, I had them for the weekend, but gone (no one needs a 4.5 star cutch) so it doesn't mean much now. Im at Diamond 1 and it is hard as hell to win a game Current record is 10-18 and I was lucky to win the 10.
    I like season mode, but they could definitely do a lot more with it. I get them not wanting to hand out items freely that provide a multi-player boost as pennants do. It'd be more fun if the stats were opened up a bit more (seeing a full list of leaders instead of the top guy and your top 3), and if you could earn other items on a per-game basis. Maybe an All Star game option, bonuses given for your players being selected. 
  • Options
    I know we all second guess if pennants do anything, but maybe they mean more for season mode in platinum or higher.  By going up early, most of your starting lineups most likely is suffering from lack of pennants as it would be if you went to platinum after winning a lot more seasons. Not sure this has anything to do with it but it’s a possible answer. 
  • Options
    I know we all second guess if pennants do anything, but maybe they mean more for season mode in platinum or higher.  By going up early, most of your starting lineups most likely is suffering from lack of pennants as it would be if you went to platinum after winning a lot more seasons. Not sure this has anything to do with it but it’s a possible answer. 
    I can see this being the case. I don’t have any teams higher than 40 pennants because I know the players will change as the year goes on. But my thing is would you rather have this every 10 days

or this (which I got Saturday and will get again today). 

Given the choices, I’d gladly sacrifice season mode 
  • Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    How are you guys getting enough bonus games to cycle diamond that often? Or are you doing tournaments?? 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    How are you guys getting enough bonus games to cycle diamond that often? Or are you doing tournaments?? 

Tourneys when low on bonus games.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Walk-off gives a ton of cash when you cycle several times. That helps provide the cash for tournaments. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    ORBBIRDS said:
    I am in Platinum, do NOT go up. I am getting slaughtered, and the opposing pitchers are impossibly higher than I am even able to achieve.  I am an 88k VIP team, with ALL starters mostly WELL over 200, 8-9 in the 220-259 range.

*** PLEASE NOTE MY ICE PACK KERSHAW AT MAX 10 CAPPED PLATINUM 10, AND THE OPPOSING KERSHAW, WHO IS ALREADY IN DIAMOND STATUS AT PLATINUM 3-4 ****

I’d say you weren’t ready.  88k isn’t strong wenoughbto compete at plat IMO.
  • Options
    I went gold last week.  Had most of my WOH bats maxed pennants in silver and all upgrades.  Took enough cash over to max batting upgrades straight away and am more than halfway on pitching upgrades.  Have 11 bats capped and three SPs.  I am scoring better in CvC and WOh is a lot easier.  Season and primes are better but I’m still under the cap so that’s a push.  Definitely more dangerous now in CvC.....9-9 last weekend with 7 wins in plat clubs (missed one).
  • Options
    I reckon that if you DO go past the point where winning season mode is off the table, I’d personally start doing what some others on here do and flip my team to keep live boosting throughout WOH.  At least you can get that working for you.  
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    ORBBIRDS said:

I’d say you weren’t ready.  88k isn’t strong wenoughbto compete at plat IMO.
    88K can be strong enough in every mode but season mode. I cleared platinum in about 5 days with my team below 90K and cleared diamond with a 94K team. 

Season mode is just a different difficulty than the rest of the game 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I haven't really had any issue with season mode.  Last week, I went gold after an afternoon of WOH frustration.  I immediately capped my top 6 bats, including My Legend (which was pricy) but not my keepers.  I capped one pitcher, leveled three others to low gold, and then leveled two relievers to gold 5.  I capped the two main hitting upgrades and took the clutch upgrade to the mid-50s.  Since then, I've been chipping away, and now have almost all of my bats capped.  It only took a week.

I have been cycling WOH pretty easily, and although I jumped to gold in the middle of a season, I still won the championship that season.  The games were definitely tighter but I was winning 2/3 of my games, easily, and then swept each playoff round.  I just used ice wraps to get my capped pitcher in the game for the first playoff game of every series.  My second pitcher was Gold 8 so he usually did the job too.  Only the silver pitchers struggle; my keeper is still silver and is my 5th starter, and I'm not sure he's won a game; my three silver relievers also get lit up.  

My team strength is only 83K, so I don't know what the secret is.  Capping a pitcher and most of your bats, and your hitting upgrades -- that's the most common sense approach to winning season mode. 

• Options
    @Metsicans I like that forecast. I just went gold this morning after only 6 cycles since last Wednesday. 9 bxp bats, 2 SP, 2 keepers to G4, ML to G4 and 1/2 primes to G4. I sacrificed prime Segura for double late innings Seager as I could easily cap Seager and ensured Meadows would be at least G4. 55/60 for WoH related hitting upgrades. I have 100k+xp and 350+ evo left but shortage is cash right now. I didn't bother with sluggers but what's nice is that neither did anyone else for the most part that's in gold so I easily can win HR battles for now. Season doesn't seem to be any different from silver thus far. Clash will be interesting at gold. I was completely worthless at silver.
  • Options
    @Metsicans I like that forecast. I just went gold this morning after only 6 cycles since last Wednesday. 9 bxp bats, 2 SP, 2 keepers to G4, ML to G4 and 1/2 primes to G4. I sacrificed prime Segura for double late innings Seager as I could easily cap Seager and ensured Meadows would be at least G4. 55/60 for WoH related hitting upgrades. I have 100k+xp and 350+ evo left but shortage is cash right now. I didn't bother with sluggers but what's nice is that neither did anyone else for the most part that's in gold so I easily can win HR battles for now. Season doesn't seem to be any different from silver thus far. Clash will be interesting at gold. I was completely worthless at silver.
    Please give us updates as I am on the verge of jumping to gold 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Welp, can tell you right now that Clash is still a joke. WTF is this even an event? It's the worst.
  • Options
    Just won season mode after joining midway through.  Quarters played straight up, semis and finals used live boost.  Made it through with no losses.  Have four hitting upgrades capped and four pitching upgrades to 48/60.  Team strength now 103k. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Welp, can tell you right now that Clash is still a joke. WTF is this even an event? It's the worst.
    The stronger my hitters get the worse my scores get-at least it seems that way
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I’m at gold 6 by the way
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    The stronger my hitters get the worse my scores get-at least it seems that way
    All my theories about Clash have been blown to bits...is it cause I'm going head to head against teams that are same tier as me, is it pitchers with skills? Do I need to be in higher tier than matched team? Last week when I was still silver in Clash my club matched up against an all bronze club, team strength no higher than 35k on any team and as low as 16k to my 83k. 4 zero rounds and maybe 8-10k total points for me against pitchers like what I crush in Thursday and weekend CvC. I also, even today, have clubmates still silver that destroy gold pitchers for 1-2-300k totals. Their teams are admittedly nowhere on par with mine (now 90k at g1). It makes no gd sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @2003cobra the best way I’ve been able to score in clash is to actually play it then simulate. I usually use the video boost to up my hit and I can score pretty decent.