Options

Decreased box odds.

HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
First they ramp up WOH with no warning, and now they decrease odds on boxes and leave the amount to purchase the same. Yeah they’re working on changes to the game per CS. But, the changes are for the worse. Good job. 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    Well they are for half the price of a normal box but I don’t get why there are two different boxes this week. We are two weeks into June and we are just now getting May boxes. And doesn’t help that the odds on the Sons boxes are shit for a cheap price. I don’t see anybody going after the sons boxes, I think Glu made a bad decision there trying to release two different boxes. I think I may hold off spending all together this weekend. Don’t see anything I like window shopping so far. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    They are testing us to see what sells.  Cheap box with so so players and low odds?  Reduce the odds in the 500 box but add one player that is the best WOH player available to date?  These are the questions posed;  they will tabulate and next week’s odds,  ox costs, amount of boxes and player quality will reflect the results of this weekend.  Maximum profitability, seeing what they can get away with, balancing players needs and desires with moderated game difficult and subsequent upgrade progression........call it what you want but in the end it is just plain old capitalism together with staged game progression.  Just like in American life, don’t want to be a part of the machine?  Jump off and don’t contribute to the consumer confidence index (that such a thing exists anyway is telling).....but you will quickly be left behind in terms of keeping up with the progression of the game.  Don’t cry about it;  this is at the core of the ethos of the country.....they are just doing their part to make America great again.  

BTW, I’ve lived outside the US for more than half my life.  Most places around the world are NOT on the same hyoerdriven schedule for sales and marketing,  Trends move slower and there are a lot less “must buy” items available or forced on us.  It’s an American thing and goes much deeper than the reach of GLU. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Cheaper boxes opens it up for everyone to buy a box. A lot of people don’t have a ton of gold so a cheaper alternate gives you options. It’s not a brand new concept, just new to the weekend boxes. Remember last year there was 2 boxes offered for ATGs Bambino at 3k and Baby Bambino at 1500 I believe  with different percentages of landing Ruth. @Haraycaray
  • Options
    Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Towards the end of the season last year there were 2 boxes offered on weekends as well,  but both the same price.
  • Options
    KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I like that they added primes but do not like the decreased odds. I have been chasing bell unsuccessfully but I have racked up other bonus players along the way. I think a lot of ppl will pull that vlad in the free boxes considering there’s like 13
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @KevoTheGiant I just pulled baby Vlad from the gifted boxes, right on cue!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I missed him.  7 free son of a... boxes.  Joc 5x, and xp 2x.   I am out of pxp, but I would just stash him until I reloaded.  3b is my weakest offensive link.  Potm devers now, but Phillies box Franco will start there on July 1.  Everywhere else is double-skill 340 max, or better when I put best lineup out there.
  • Options
    I loved Vladdy, Sr.  Got to meet him when he was 19, and playing for the Albany Polecats.  One of my favorite players from that day on.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Tatis, XP five times, Pederson five times. Used up all my luck on Pence and Gray. 
  • Options
    @Tdub71 Vlad Sr. is my second favorite player of all time! I loved going to games in Anaheim just to watch him. That man could smack the life out of a ball from anywhere 🙌🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Never got to see him live in the majors, but I went to about half the home games that year in the Sally League.  He should have been in AAA that year, instead of A-ball.  Far and away more advanced than any other hitter in the league.  Physical feak, compared to anyone else I saw.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I will just say that as a diamond player, I've been out of gold two diff times and trying to cycle d6 for more gold. All for the 'bad' Sons boxes. I don't really want to say too much, but value can sometimes stare you right in the face.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @DFBB, what do you see as the better deal in specials, 7500 gold, or the Sale bundle?  I really doubt I do either one, but I keep going back, and staring at them.  I don't NEED Sale, but when potm Giolito drops, I will have to put a 325 max back in my rotation.
  • Options
    @Tdub71 Objectively speaking, I think the Sale bundle is a better value. However, neither are remotely appealing to me. If you're worried about replacing Giolito, I'd worry about that when the time comes. I'm fairly certain that when he does drop, there will be better options available. 
  • Options
    I agree.  I always need the gold, but I will probably pass on both.  7500 is pretty tempting for a silver team, though.  And the All-Star tickets would push me to the next level, and get me a little more gold.  We'll see how I feel after putting the phone down for a few minutes.  I have been looking at this game for too long...
  • Options
    @DFBB okay maybe not THAT bad 
  • Options
    Yes sir!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    @DFBB why are his hit/pwr/spd ratings blank?
  • Options
    @retirepujols It's because I took the s/s as soon as i saw him pop.
  • Options
    😂😂 gotcha. 
  • Options
    KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Still no Bell for me....I’m drowning in Springers and Greinkes!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @DFBB why are his hit/pwr/spd ratings blank?
    Because when you pull a player you already own at diamond 10 he goes back to bronze 1. @dfbb is trying to keep this a secret from all of you 
  • Options
    @dfbb I understand what you mean by value now I think 
  • Options
    Damnit @Haraycaray, that's a dirty tactic. Fine, this is what I mean about value. Joc is 35%. I knew I would open a lot of boxes and now, he will be like the gift that keeps on giving.

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Damnit @Haraycaray, that's a dirty tactic. Fine, this is what I mean about value. Joc is 35%. I knew I would open a lot of boxes and now, he will be like the gift that keeps on giving.

And again he goes back to bronze 1
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    23 total boxes now
    10 Joc
    13 bxp 
    i really suck at this....
  • Options
    May be time to pack it in on box buys.  I set a limit of 10 buys for myself this weekend, and snagged Bell on #9, so I stopped there.  There are 5 free ones coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    7 gifts so far and bought 10 plus 2 from fan rewards....nuthin....bought a 11th and got Tatis 😂😂😂. So that’s “1” for 20 lol.... almost the same results previous weekend...better go back to my 2 box max limit lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Nvrmd
  • Options
    GordyKowalski316GordyKowalski316 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Got on my second pull on the lite box today. Yes the odds for other players are much less, but getting the Prime specials are 3.5% for the full value box (700) and 1% for the lite (250). I will take my chances with the lite, as you can pull  nearly 3 to 1 boxes.