Options

WoH Royale for 7-3-19: Talking All Stars!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The all star game is in six days. Last year, the AS boxes were released seven days prior to day the game. As of today, we're now six days away. I thought about writing something a bit thorough, but I'll just cut to the chase:

-Remember that girl that everyone kept saying was super hot? Then you meet her and even though she's real pretty, you're still left a bit disappointed? Well, that's going to be this year's AS boxes. The hype will be it's downfall. And I'm guessing we see them today! Fwiw, think it's reasonable to expect the AS primes to be 390-400.

-Speaking of AS boxes, I fully expect to see an AS player as the WoH reward. I mean, it just makes too much sense. I don't care what type of player he is. I'm just hoping for a bat with a double skill vs leftys. (I just noticed that AS Pence is the slugger reward for SF today. It's a lock that an AS player will be the WoH reward).

-The 'mega prime' xp box deal is currently in the store and is a significantly better value than what's been offered in the past. While I expect an AS bxp player as a reward for WoH, it's inevitable that Royale's WoH will feature a prime player and I wouldn't be totally shock if it happens today.

-Keepers should be boosted this week and in the past, they've often boosted them on a Weds. here's hoping for another 4%!

-Ahh, the update. Man, when they said 'next month,' they actually meant next month. Well, lots to be excited here and way too much to cover. I'll just say that I expect it tomorrow. Why? Just a hunch. I mean, I can't always be wrong, right?? 

Who else is excited? We should even get potm boxes either today or tomorrow. I'd guess tomorrow since there's so much going on today. Anything else you guys want to add? Let's have some fun today and GL guys and gal(s?)!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    This all sounds great. Only thing that would seal the deal is double gold vids. Just saying..
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I thought about writing something a bit thorough, but I'll just cut to the chase:
    🧐
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, but I also expect a fan reward that begins today and ends tomorrow. Last year, we had a nice fan reward with the Bryce AS. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    Gîl_GaladGîl_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Oh boy... i better cut my credit card right now
  • Options
    ZaneJ78 said:
    This all sounds great. Only thing that would seal the deal is double gold vids. Just saying..
    I'm going to go out on a super fat limb and say that it's not going to happen. Today. Or Tomorrow. :(
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    ZaneJ78 said:
    I'm going to go out on a super fat limb and say that it's not going to happen. Today. Or Tomorrow. :(

Or ever... Also how do you remember everything about last year? I cant remember what players were I this past weekends boxes.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I would love to have an AS as the WOH reward. I just don’t know if I want it to be a Prime. I have only enough Evo to get a BXP player to Diamond. How much more Evo is needed to get a Prime to Diamond?
  • Options
    ZaneJ78 said:
    DFBB said:
    ZaneJ78 said:

Or ever... Also how do you remember everything about last year? I cant remember what players were I this past weekends boxes.
    I tend to remember trivial things and I take an embarrassing amount of screenshots of all things TSB.
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I've got about 30K gold burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm rooting for some sweet All-Star boxes!  Will be interesting to see where they set the overall ratings for POTMs.  Is it possible that the All-Stars (maybe 390-400 max?) will make the POTMs (maybe 380 max?) irrelevant for July? 
  • Options
    I've got about 30K gold burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm rooting for some sweet All-Star boxes!  Will be interesting to see where they set the overall ratings for POTMs.  Is it possible that the All-Stars (maybe 390-400 max?) will make the POTMs (maybe 380 max?) irrelevant for July? 
    We've actually been having the 'prime' debate in our club chat this morning. Last year, the 'primes' were bxp players. As a result, some are hopeful that we'll see that again. I simply can't see that happening again this year and one of the big reasons is the potm limit that you just referenced. If the 390s+ are primes are expected, then the potm players will still be worth chasing imo.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:

-Remember that girl that everyone kept saying was super hot? Then you meet her and even though she's real pretty, you're still left a bit disappointed?....
    Do I detect some pent up resentment there buddy?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

-Remember that girl that everyone kept saying was super hot? Then you meet her and even though she's real pretty, you're still left a bit disappointed?....
    LOL! It's just my way of saying that people will be disappointed no matter what GLU does. :)
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

The level of disappointment in her looks is proportional to how far he got with her. I know that experience well 😂
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

The level of disappointment in her looks is proportional to how far he got with her. I know that experience well 😂
    Judging by his assumed tone I would say it was on the level of that 3rd base coach in WOH with slow grounders to the pitcher mound 🤨🤨🤨

• Options
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

LOL! It's just my way of saying that people will be disappointed no matter what GLU does. :)
    So on the scale of 0-"GLU not offering PXP in slugfest this year" how would you rate that disappointment? 

• Options
    Yeah @Houmy ...that's me with the fantastically gorgeous Beth Peters AND in woh 😡
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Yeah @Houmy ...that's me with the fantastically gorgeous Beth Peters AND in woh 😡
    Can you be a bit more specific buddy? 👇

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This is torture. How can they post the Derby guy so early and then wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.........
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Bigpredfan we'll know soon enough! Clock is ticking, down to 9 mins until event starts. (I'm currently clipping my fingernails so as to get as much competitive advantage as possible for today)
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Bigpredfan we'll know soon enough! Clock is ticking, down to 9 mins until event starts. (I'm currently clipping my fingernails so as to get as much competitive advantage as possible for today)

Clipping or biting?
  • Options
    I'm not outdoorsy enough for her, I don't think, but I don't get it. I would easily have shagged her in nature if she wanted. 

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,857 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm sure you're joking about your fingernails, but my thumb nail has ruined me on more than a few occasions.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Bases empty skill, blahhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    Man...I guess Lastella is ok. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed though.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Yeah - not getting excited about him at all
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    DFBB got me all worked up for Lastella...lol
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    This is torture. How can they post the Derby guy so early and then wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.........
    Like this every week. Pence was visible when I checked at 6AM EST.
  • Options
    Keepers boosted 3%!!!!

• Options
    benny100 said:

no...NO...😢