Options

Just a thought about crashing. (prolly gonna piss people off)

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Think about how many of you have put in more than $818 and have the VIP tag.  From all the recent post about lag, can't get in the game for the past week + and just sounds like issues in general why not get a new phone.  Think about it.  How much does a Droid vs iPhone cost.  To me (again just calling it how it seems)  this is mainly happening to Droid users so what do you have to lose.  If you are spending as much as you are and going to continue to do so if you can get game to work, why not??? 

Other side:
As a droid user  and paying customer Glu needs to get their s**t together.  They are making a lot off of people that play this game to have these issues. (I agree)

Then there is LIFE:
S*HIT happens.  Its not going to always be the way you like it or want it. You have to adapt to situations at hand to make your life better.
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Team IPhone 4 Lyfe! Lol
  • Options
    In all my experiences with app games, every droid user has more problems than iPhone users.  Can I tell you why. Not in the slightest.  Could be all the mod apps that can be used to break codes on the games to give unlimited in game resources and the Devs trying to stay ahead of all the potential Mods with coding that freezes or screws with game play.  I don't know but to go back to my first post: LIFE HAPPENS and sometimes its other persons that create the problems for others; like hackers and people that Mod.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    2 words...Android fragmentation.

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I'm not going to buy a new phone in order to play a mobile game. In my experience, androids are more compatible, cheaper, and generally better than iPhones. I'm not going to buy a new phone, have to make a data plan, etc etc just to play some mobile game. This one's on Glu, not me. I'm not paying money for a problem that Glu should fix.
  • Options
    I truly believe to problem is not with GLU but with what I stated above in my second post.  Go look at a lot of other games and read their forums (not just GLU) but other app developers.  They all have the same problem with Droids.  My little educated guess is the mod apps and generators for the droids that ruin it for all the other droid users.  I guarantee you that there are people here saying I don't mod or hack or etc that really do. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I'm not going to buy a new phone in order to play a mobile game. In my experience, androids are more compatible, cheaper, and generally better than iPhones. I'm not going to buy a new phone, have to make a data plan, etc etc just to play some mobile game. This one's on Glu, not me. I'm not paying money for a problem that Glu should fix.
    So that is a life decision that you are making.  If you want to play the game with not much interruption, lag, locked out etc then best choice is to get a new phone.  Glu does not have to make things work for everyone.  You have the right to say this game sucks and not play it and find a new hobby that is going to give you probably the same problems.  Again been playing app games on phone since initial iPhone and its always the same problems.

Not saying this is you @BlackFang4 but that the problem with todays younger generation,  they expect everything to be given to them.  Sorry to burst your (those persons) bubble.  Work for your stuff.   

• Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I love waking up on double gold friday's and finding stuff to Meme about am I right @retirepujols
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    I felt like I was released from prison when I switched from iPhone to Android, I'm definitely not putting the handcuffs back on for a game lol. I also have zero issues with every single other game I've ever tried on this phone 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm sure there are plenty of games where Android users have issues, this is the first one I've encountered personally.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Nearly half of Americans use andoids @bayoubengal. This problem is not a small, limited problem that only occurs on one device. This is (roughly) 40% of its demographic that they are nearly incompatible with. Very few of us will go to the money and effort to buy a new phone, when the problem is Glu's and Glu should be the one to take care of it. My phone can run battles Royale games with large maps, 99 other devices, excellent graphics, and large render sizes just fine. But I can't run a baseball game with low graphics without significant waiting times? And you're telling me that that is my fault, not Glu's? Not buying it.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Would be interesting to know breakdown of jailed folks on which platform...
  • Options
    Would be interesting to know breakdown of jailed folks on which platform...
    Does anyone know of someone being jailed that has iPhone.   The CS forum is nothing but pictures from Droids.
  • Options
    John: I am locked out of the game. It won't load
    CS: what platform are you on?
    John: Android

Steve: My game keeps freezing in the middle of bonus games
    Steve: Droid

Nikki: I just keep getting this spinning wheel and it takes forever for my screens to change. 
    Nikki: Android

Dusty: Thanks for the great gameplay.  Load screens are good.  Doesn't take time to run through many bonus, prime games and I can cycle WOH pretty quickly because of this. Thanks again.
    CS: What platform are you on?
    Dusty: iOS, iphone
    CS: Thanks for the feed back. here is 5k gold and 5 allstar primes of your picking.

Matt: Can someone please help my game is stuck
    CS: What platform are you on?
    Matt: Droid
    CS: Get an iphone.

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts

I've generally always had an iPhone and I have no complaints. Most Android phones just seem like cheap plastic in comparison. To each their own. But I do agree that I'd never buy a phone for a mobile game.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options

I've generally always had an iPhone and I have no complaints. Most Android phones just seem like cheap plastic in comparison. To each their own. But I do agree that I'd never buy a phone for a mobile game.
    I agree with not buying phone for a mobile game but if I am spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on a game I want the best platform for it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I agree with not buying phone for a mobile game but if I am spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on a game I want the best platform for it.
    Well, I'm not spending hundreds to thousands of dollars. I haven't even bought a $.99 purchase to eliminate the ads. So I'm definitely not working over money (I honestly don't know how much a good iPhone would cost) to do something that Glu should fix.
  • Options

Well, I'm not spending hundreds to thousands of dollars. I haven't even bought a $.99 purchase to eliminate the ads. So I'm definitely not working over money (I honestly don't know how much a good iPhone would cost) to do something that Glu should fix.it.
    I hear sprint is running a really good deal on phones and plans right now.  I know for 2 unlimited data plans, hulu, hotspot, a
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @bayoubengal dumbest crap I have ever heard. When 9/10 apps run perfectly fine on my S9 why the hell would I get a an iphone when the previous version ran perfectly fine? Doesn't matter if I spent 5k or spent 1$. The platform should be the same or close to across the board. If not, mark as IOS only and leave it at that. To offer an app that runs  far below par to its counter part is BS.  Its been 4months and  the issues have gotten worse, not better.
    And yea I know IOs people that have been jailed so not sure what point your trying to get across on that front.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I hear sprint is running a really good deal on phones and plans right now.  I know for 2 unlimited data plans, hulu, hotspot, a
    I would definitely go back to iPhone before I ever went back to Sprint. I'm not totally anti-apple, it's just not a good fit for me. Sprint, on the other hand, I would like to see die.
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    @bayoubengal dumbest crap I have ever heard. When 9/10 apps run perfectly fine on my S9 why the hell would I get a an iphone when the previous version ran perfectly fine? Doesn't matter if I spent 5k or spent 1$. The platform should be the same or close to across the board. If not, mark as IOS only and leave it at that. To offer an app that runs  far below par to its counter part is BS.  Its been 4months and  the issues have gotten worse, not better.
    And yea I know IOs people that have been jailed so not sure what point your trying to get across on that front.
    Then don't play.  again your choice. no one is making you do it.  problem solved.  I have yet to have a "real" problem with the game.  Its called an investment when you put money into things.  and from what I am seeing for Droid users this is not a good investment.  

Go to a car dealership and buy a car because it looks good on the outside and then after a little while it is a piece of crap.  Guess what bad investment.  Same shit.  

Although there are people that can afford to spend money on a game and if it works, crashes or they just quit playing it doesn't matter to them

Definition of insanity:  doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

and right now there are a lot of people posting same crap over and over and expecting different results from GLU.  
  • Options
    I would definitely go back to iPhone before I ever went back to Sprint. I'm not totally anti-apple, it's just not a good fit for me. Sprint, on the other hand, I would like to see die.
    just depends on where you are in the world I guess.  Sprint works better where I am than ATT.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @bayoubengal I understand what you're saying, but I'm thinking of it a different way. When a game releases on both Xbox and PlayStation, the developers have made tweaks to the game to fit each platform. That's all we're asking for here. I wouldn't imagine Rockstar would release a new Grand theft Auto that works flawlessly on PlayStation and is a dumpster fire on Xbox, simply to tell Xbox users that they should go out and buy a PlayStation to play their game
  • Options
    @bayoubengal I understand what you're saying, but I'm thinking of it a different way. When a game releases on both Xbox and PlayStation, the developers have made tweaks to the game to fit each platform. That's all we're asking for here. I wouldn't imagine Rockstar would release a new Grand theft Auto that works flawlessly on PlayStation and is a dumpster fire on Xbox, simply to tell Xbox users that they should go out and buy a PlayStation to play their game
    Right there with you as well.  Should they do that nope.  but they do that.  like I said I have been on a few games that they care more about ios than droid.  Contract killer 3d is one just like this that has same lag and locked out features for droids but not ios and that is a different developer.

The developer should if they know they have a problem just create the game for ios and/or only droid if they know what works and doesn't.  PlayStation and Microsoft do that.  There are only games that fit for one or the other there.  

By no means am I backing Glu in what is going on the MOSTLY droid users.  I think that is a load of crap.
  • Options
    If previous versions of the game ran this way from the beginning then sure, but using your same analogy if I bought a car from a dealer that ran great then took it for an oil  change and it came back running worse then before I brought it in. Isn't that a problem?
    Again, your points about Androids being a piece of crap are idiotic at best. Iphone runs smooth so everyone on android switch or dont play! Get the &#($ out here.  Do I still play with the lag? Sure, for how much longer who knows.  Only reason I still do is because of the great friendships I've made over the years,  the game itself is getting worse and worse with non-stop premium services that make you pay to play.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Then don't play.  again your choice. no one is making you do it.  problem solved.  I have yet to have a "real" problem with the game.  Its called an investment when you put money into things.  and from what I am seeing for Droid users this is not a good investment.  

Go to a car dealership and buy a car because it looks good on the outside and then after a little while it is a piece of crap.  Guess what bad investment.  Same shit.  

Although there are people that can afford to spend money on a game and if it works, crashes or they just quit playing it doesn't matter to them

Definition of insanity:  doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

and right now there are a lot of people posting same crap over and over and expecting different results from GLU.  
    So because we don't want to spend potentially hundreds of dollars for a device that I want less than what I already have to fix a problem that I shouldn't be having because of an incompetent company, we should stop playing. Droids are fine phones. They work well enough, they have features that I phones don't have, they don't have features that iPhones have, and so be it. But suggesting that we should change our lifestyle to fit in for a mobile game for a problem that isn't our fault is pretty stupid.
  • Options
    Keep in mind,  every BETA release for the last 3 years has been released on Droids  first. The game itself has always run on droids first before any official launch.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @dkarski87 no where did I say that Androids are a piece of crap.  If you go back to my first two post.  Its not the Droids fault.  Its the mod app's and packs that the Droids are capable of having that create the problem for developers on their side to keep up with what needs to change.  iOS does not have nearly as many ways to mod or "hack", cheat.  

and to state in previous versions of the game they did not have the problems because they weren't taking care of the "hackers" like they are now.

iOS did at one point have the hack of "jail breakin" but that for the most part has been resolved due to not being able to update app because you can't update the iOS of a "jail broken" phone.  the gameplay then suspends because you can not update the game (app).  

• Options
    edited July 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Keep in mind,  every BETA release for the last 3 years has been released on Droids  first. The game itself has always run on droids first before any official launch. 
    probably because they have SOOOOO many problems with them.  again not the droid being crap but the coding because of Mod"ing
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @dkarski87 no where did I say that Androids are a piece of crap.  If you go back to my first two post.  Its not the Droids fault.  Its the mod app's and packs that the Droids are capable of having that create the problem for developers on their side to keep up with what needs to change.  iOS does not have nearly as many ways to mod or "hack", cheat.  

and to state in previous versions of the game they did not have the problems because they weren't taking care of the "hackers" like they are now.

iOS did at one point have the hack of "jail breakin" but that for the most part has been resolved due to not being able to update app because you can't update the iOS of a "jail broken" phone.  the gameplay then suspends because you can not update the game (app).  

Ah, so we have the upper hand because we can hack the game more easily. I guess it all evens out in the end. (sarcasm)
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    The onus is on Glu to make their product work... not on users to buy new phones.