Options

We got a Prime

13Next

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Couple observations from today:  

I guess my WOH was different than most here.  I would not recommend trying to cycle cap today unless you have a lineup full of capped legends and or/Primes.  

Disclaimer being, I probably have one of the weaker teams here.  My lineup is capped Diamond 10s, but they are all 350 guys.  I've got 4 cycles down at the expense of about 6500 gold.  That's comparable per cycle on what it typically costs me to cycle HOF on Monday.

I would stop now, but at this point I feel it is probably worth pressing on for the 6700 legend XP at 10K gold.  I'm still at about 16K gold now with nothing really more to spend on until Monday and nearing another 7500 gold playoff completion.  I love doubling up on stadium/fan rewards.  

Random observation:  Has anyone ever noticed that if you are able to advance the potential winning run from 2nd to 3rd by grounding out on an "unhittable" pitch, you will almost always be rewarded on the next pitch by a single that would have only scored a runner from 3rd?
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Can somebody tell me what the duplicate player pxp is like at diamond level?  I would love to cycle cap on Wednesday’s 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Can somebody tell me what the duplicate player pxp is like at diamond level?  I would love to cycle cap on Wednesday’s 
    A 400 max at d10 is 6800 pxp for repulls.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I took Ervin to p5 and did 16 cycles to cap him at d10. My effective pxp cost was 79k. I know many hate the CVC skills, but I love them and I needed an upgrade badly at OF. He's immediately my best CVC player.

• Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I cycled about 8 times but since the multiplier, it has become incredibly difficult.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    2003cobra said:
    A 400 max at d10 is 6800 pxp for repulls.
    Thanks 
  • Options
    Today is the first Wednesday that I couldn’t cycle. Bumgardner was too difficult so I guess that royale woh is over for me with it being too expensive to level up another primer to beat him
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

I guess my WOH was different than most here.  I would not recommend trying to cycle cap today unless you have a lineup full of capped legends and or/Primes.  

Disclaimer being, I probably have one of the weaker teams here.  My lineup is capped Diamond 10s, but they are all 350 guys.  I've got 4 cycles down at the expense of about 6500 gold.  That's comparable per cycle on what it typically costs me to cycle HOF on Monday.

I would stop now, but at this point I feel it is probably worth pressing on for the 6700 legend XP at 10K gold.  I'm still at about 16K gold now with nothing really more to spend on until Monday and nearing another 7500 gold playoff completion.  I love doubling up on stadium/fan rewards.  

Random observation:  Has anyone ever noticed that if you are able to advance the potential winning run from 2nd to 3rd by grounding out on an "unhittable" pitch, you will almost always be rewarded on the next pitch by a single that would have only scored a runner from 3rd?
    That's kind of disheartening re: 350bxp guys at D10 and gold spent to cycle. I am similar with 1 capped prime in plat and cycled 5 times (3 with live boost) and spent zero gold, only maybe 3-4 vid restarts. Is that what diamond life is like in both WoH events for bxp teams?
  • Options
    Dusty I am in the same boat as you but I have a d9 prime. I spent 4K gold trying to get past woh 1 time but failed. I was going for the fan rewards so I’m not too upset but it looks like 350 guys aren’t gonna get past it. Bumgardner was too tough even with 80 gold boost. I’m working on my keepers and maybe mays will do it for me when I get him leveled up
  • Options
    I noticed they have eliminated the ability to continue a WOH round after the event time expires, but still happily take your gold first if you try to use it to continue.  
  • Options

That's kind of disheartening re: 350bxp guys at D10 and gold spent to cycle. I am similar with 1 capped prime in plat and cycled 5 times (3 with live boost) and spent zero gold, only maybe 3-4 vid restarts. Is that what diamond life is like in both WoH events for bxp teams?
    350 bxp players still dominate Monday's classic.
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    If I only had a little more help, we could have got top 3. Best Royale day for me by far.
  • Options
    DFBB said:

350 bxp players still dominate Monday's classic.
    Yes.  I do spend gold on Classic, but just in the interests of time.   I'll autoplay almost every level 8.   Better to cycle in 20 minutes with 100 gold spent than 30 minutes for free.  
  • Options
    I guess that makes sense as the gap closes between a 400 prime and a 350 bxp near their respective max's. My first order of business when going diamond is to obtain as much gold as possible and buy all the mega pxp boxes. Yesterday was for sure easier with live boost but in general I felt like I found a strategy for lvl 5 that worked to my advantage. With live+vid boost and skills where they're at McMahon was almost at 420 overall I believe.
  • Options
    If I only had a little more help, we could have got top 3. Best Royale day for me by far.

Boooooooo!!!

from this:

To this:

Finally ending in 17th...
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Mattattack Yup! I'm very frugal with the pxp for sure. I've found leveling up bonus guys to bronze 10 or low silver gets you almost as many points as if you take them to mid-to-high gold. Sax batted around .320 for me yesterday and had only taken him to silver 4.
    I’ve been doing b1 lately.  Surpringly good results. 
  • Options
    I guess that makes sense as the gap closes between a 400 prime and a 350 bxp near their respective max's. My first order of business when going diamond is to obtain as much gold as possible and buy all the mega pxp boxes. Yesterday was for sure easier with live boost but in general I felt like I found a strategy for lvl 5 that worked to my advantage. With live+vid boost and skills where they're at McMahon was almost at 420 overall I believe.
    @dustyhunks
    Good thing is, gold is easy to come by in large quantities at Diamond, you just have to be willing to crank out numerous bonus games/tourney games every day.  I remember being at Silver/Gold and feeling on top of the world if I has 5,000 gold, and at Diamond I think, "Crap,  I'm under 20K.  Time for some bonus games."  :)  

Two things to add to that:  
    1)  Use your helmet/ball/glove donations as wisely as possible, as long as you do this you should be able to maintain resources indefinitely to keep cycling Diamond 6 playoffs.  Don't dump helmets/balls/gloves just because you have them.  Hold onto them until you need to use them.  If you're in a gold+ club,  donate the minimum to buy the discount boxes daily and keep the rest.  If you club hop, when you dump donations, make certain to quickly spend on your loyalty points on club boxes before leaving.  I've made that mistake before.  

2).  Good point on the live boost.  Don't be afraid to change your favorite team to match the best times for you to play on WOH!  If your favorite team is off on a Monday for example, you might consider changing it to score the live boost.  Just keep in mind it will reset your season mode.