Target Bash Strategy

JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
One of the best new aspects of 2020 is TB. Personally I manually play each round and have hit 1million a few times. I used to reset my lineup to all rights/lefts so that they wouldn’t change up too often and keep the rhythm going. That is a lot of work though. Ha. Now I love the switch hitters with opposite field power to keep the points and the streak increasing while you go through the center and opposite field targets.  

How is everyone else approaching it?
Prev1

Comments

  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,973 Posts
    I manual play as well. I seem to do better that way. I just set my sluggers in and don’t adjust my lineup anymore in terms of adjusting the order 

    I can’t wait to move up to gold so I can hit more out to straight center/opposite field 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    Those 90 power guys are awesome. So funny now how exciting it is to get 3*-4* guys that have 90 power. Way more valuable than any other draft picks at this point. gold/cash battles and TB. But regardless of power that streak number going up is how you get really high scores regardless of how good your sluggers are. Which then makes it more of a slight skill factor which I appreciate. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,973 Posts
    I got Gary Sanchez from a late round pick this week. I was over the moon 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,872 Posts
    Manual-play only.  By far the most intriguing addition to the game in the last couple years.  My best round is around 400k.  I usually just load in my best lineup, and roll.

    It's amazing how bad I am at hitting up the middle though.  Especially since it seems all my WOH outs are weak grounders to short or 2nd...
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 755 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Manual-play only.  By far the most intriguing addition to the game in the last couple years.  My best round is around 400k.  I usually just load in my best lineup, and roll.

    It's amazing how bad I am at hitting up the middle though.  Especially since it seems all my WOH outs are weak grounders to short or 2nd...
    I agree. I get that middle and batters are like WTF? No way 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    I got Gary Sanchez from a late round pick this week. I was over the moon 
    I want that Sanchez! Lol. I have Garver, Alonso,  Deitrich, Sano, Pederson, and Bruce all at 90. I am still looking for Hunter Renfroe and Mike Trout. Lol
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Manual-play only.  By far the most intriguing addition to the game in the last couple years.  My best round is around 400k.  I usually just load in my best lineup, and roll.

    It's amazing how bad I am at hitting up the middle though.  Especially since it seems all my WOH outs are weak grounders to short or 2nd...
    I agree. I get that middle and batters are like WTF? No way 😂
    You can still pull enough during silver to hit a HR. It’s risky,  but it is a skill to be learned for higher points. And if it’s a switch hit you can go a little oppo center for home runs too. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,973 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    tshea510 said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Manual-play only.  By far the most intriguing addition to the game in the last couple years.  My best round is around 400k.  I usually just load in my best lineup, and roll.

    It's amazing how bad I am at hitting up the middle though.  Especially since it seems all my WOH outs are weak grounders to short or 2nd...
    I agree. I get that middle and batters are like WTF? No way 😂
    You can still pull enough during silver to hit a HR. It’s risky,  but it is a skill to be learned for higher points. And if it’s a switch hit you can go a little oppo center for home runs too. 
    Sure can. Gotta aim for just inside the pole on the pulling side. If you boost, you can hit some out just past the wall dead center in silver too. With the right sluggers of course 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 755 Posts
    JTPASTOR said:
    You can still pull enough during silver to hit a HR. It’s risky,  but it is a skill to be learned for higher points. And if it’s a switch hit you can go a little oppo center for home runs too. 
    Sure can. Gotta aim for just inside the pole on the pulling side. If you boost, you can hit some out just past the wall dead center in silver too. With the right sluggers of course 
    I can hit plenty of HR. I just can’t hit the middle of the field, unless I’m trying to pull 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Love this game mode. 
    It takes some practice. More patience than I am normally comfortable with to hit straight away or pull it. But I've hit 800k in an round before. That was fun lol
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    Love this game mode. 
    It takes some practice. More patience than I am normally comfortable with to hit straight away or pull it. But I've hit 800k in an round before. That was fun lol
    That’s great! Those streaks help drive up those scores. I hate pulling one within the first 9 batters. But oppo tacos and homers to straight center are fun. 

    Has anyone cycled more than 2x through the progressions?
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I feel that Glu should remove the autoplay from Target Bash. It's one of their most skill-based games and autoplay takes out a lot of the skill.
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    I feel that Glu should remove the autoplay from Target Bash. It's one of their most skill-based games and autoplay takes out a lot of the skill.
    For time sake I have auto played a few rounds. But in general I really like playing each round. I think 300k ish is the highest auto round I’ve gotten where 600-800k is my average. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 5,355 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    JTPASTOR said:
    You can still pull enough during silver to hit a HR. It’s risky,  but it is a skill to be learned for higher points. And if it’s a switch hit you can go a little oppo center for home runs too. 
    Sure can. Gotta aim for just inside the pole on the pulling side. If you boost, you can hit some out just past the wall dead center in silver too. With the right sluggers of course 
    I can hit plenty of HR. I just can’t hit the middle of the field, unless I’m trying to pull 😂
    Timing is just before you 'pull' the ball.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 755 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    JTPASTOR said:
    You can still pull enough during silver to hit a HR. It’s risky,  but it is a skill to be learned for higher points. And if it’s a switch hit you can go a little oppo center for home runs too. 
    Sure can. Gotta aim for just inside the pole on the pulling side. If you boost, you can hit some out just past the wall dead center in silver too. With the right sluggers of course 
    I can hit plenty of HR. I just can’t hit the middle of the field, unless I’m trying to pull 😂
    Timing is just before you 'pull' the ball.
    Yeah, I’m getting better at it, but by and large, middle of field laughs at me. But hey, I still do pretty well overall. Unless I actually have an opponent
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️
  • LockCity315LockCity315 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Best change they made for sure!  I agree with the people that say up the middle is the toughest area to hit....seems illogical but it's true!
  • coachpat2coachpat2 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I love this mode too but unfortunately 20 is so Glitchy for me on android that I get super frustrated with it. Best I've been able to do is like 200k in a round. Hoping they get these bugs worked out soon
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 127 Posts
    does putting the bonus players for the bash is better ? or just put the best player in there 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 431 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    does putting the bonus players for the bash is better ? or just put the best player in there 
    Best power guys. Bonus guys don’t matter, unless their power is good. Like the foil Betts this week. 
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 127 Posts
    gotcha thanks 
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Agree that this was a great addition. I also agree on manual play being the best approach. Spending valuable cash to get a score of 10 is not the way to do it lol
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • SheetFreakSheetFreak Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    edited April 26
    Definitely manual is the way to go. I've cycled once through, not twice yet. Topped out at I believe it was just under 4 mil?

    There should be a Target Bash event.
    An event that actually take some skill and not just simming through games.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,973 Posts
    Definitely manual is the way to go. I've cycled once through, not twice yet. Topped out at I believe it was just under 4 mil?

    There should be a Target Bash event.
    An event that actually take some skill and not just simming through games.
    A target bash prime event, where you get to play rounds of target bash instead of games. 1 round every 15 minutes. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Definitely manual is the way to go. I've cycled once through, not twice yet. Topped out at I believe it was just under 4 mil?

    There should be a Target Bash event.
    An event that actually take some skill and not just simming through games.
    A target bash prime event, where you get to play rounds of target bash instead of games. 1 round every 15 minutes. 
    But then paytowins are going to complain because money can no  longer win them events.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I don’t know how everyone stays so focused to put up millions in TB. I can barely stay focused enough for 10 HRs in a row. Y’all take adderall or something? 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 313 Posts
    Definitely manual is the way to go. I've cycled once through, not twice yet. Topped out at I believe it was just under 4 mil?

    There should be a Target Bash event.
    An event that actually take some skill and not just simming through games.
    A target bash prime event, where you get to play rounds of target bash instead of games. 1 round every 15 minutes. 
    But then paytowins are going to complain because money can no  longer win them events.
    Considering you pretty much have to be diamond to put up a considerable number in TB + most free to play dudes aren't diamond. Challenge accepted 😂
  • Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    In manual mode how do you hit your targets?
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 557 Posts
    Swing timing
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    In manual mode how do you hit your targets?
    For pulling you have to hit the ball very early, for pushing, you hit it late. For middle (where I pretty much screw up timing always) you need to swing somewhere in the middle of the other 2 ways. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Is there some place that explains the scoring in TB?

Sign In or Register to comment.