Options

12/11/2020 Royale (New ATG!)

2Next

Comments

• Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    FWIW, I’ve noticed that for me during weekend Royale WoH, it’s always seemed to play out like this:

Easiest time for cycles is the first 4 hours of Friday, then gets harder during the next 4 hours and harder the 4 hours after that.  Then it’s easier again from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. PST (non-event hours for weekday events).  Then it follows the same 12 hour patterns on Saturday. Same on Sunday.

From 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. PST, I also get better matchups for BGs, Tourneys, and Prime games.

At least it’s always seemed that way for me, but I’ve never done any stat recording to prove this theory 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I breezed through it in the first hour then had an increase in difficulty after that. I finally went back in around 6 and got my next 2 rather easily. It’s definitely weird how it works out like it does 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    @CanadaCubs: I did just that. As much as we pay for this game, it’s beyond stupid we have to do that.
    I definitely agree. But it’s not like they’re gonna fix it anytime soon. So you need to grab the bull by the horns, so to speak. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I do want to say I absolutely love the concept of the two WOH rewards and the Prime tourney box guy forming a "set". I really hope that continues to be a thing going forward in Royale. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I used to do 25 cycles but the increased difficulty makes each cycle just a liiiiitle bit harder, and that’s enough to push me away from it completely. I may or may not finish 3 for the legend. But since he’s a tier 3 player at best, even that’s not really worth it. 
  • Options
    1ind170jm1ind170jm Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I'm here just trying to get through the first time, I can't even do that bullshit 😂... Shits getting frustrating for me... What do you expect from a company of assholes who's company is in the nyse 😂, all they want is that $$$$.. I regret spending the money to be a VIP now 😂... Can they permanently delete my shit? I'm going back to perfect inning baseball. Gameplay is 10000 times better and realistic. **** these bags of dicks now 😂
  • Options
    1ind170jm said:
    I'm here just trying to get through the first time, I can't even do that bullshit 😂... Shits getting frustrating for me... What do you expect from a company of assholes who's company is in the nyse 😂, all they want is that $$$$.. I regret spending the money to be a VIP now 😂... Can they permanently delete my shit? I'm going back to perfect inning baseball. Gameplay is 10000 times better and realistic. **** these bags of dicks now 😂
    If it’s gameplay you’re after, then that’s the answer. If it’s community, then TSB is the better choice. Trust me, I’ve done both
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited December 2020
    It would have been nicer if people hadn't bitched so much about how easy WoH was.  They cranked it up only to give us better odds at pulling the same caliber legend and another 1K LXP as a consolation prize.  Now everyone at every level has to deal with it.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    It would have been nicer if people hadn't bitched so much about how easy WoH was.  They cranked it up only to give us better odds at pulling the same caliber legend and another 1K LXP as a consolation prize.  Now everyone at every level has to deal with it.

The consensus really is most want it back like it was last year. Harder, with the legend and 10K LxP on Mondays. Now it's just as hard and the rewards suck.

Again, all by design. GLU realized WoH was a resource boon for a lot of players and they don't want that. They want you buying LxP, thus the reason blue LxP boxes aren't in the store and it is December.

They make their motives quite obvious. I just laugh at the denial.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Exactly my point.  Did anyone think they were going to go back to the way everyone liked it?  No, or else they wouldn't have changed it in the first place.  So now we're all stuck with it being more difficult with basically the same rewards.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Solid customer retention.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    A lot of you guys complain about walk off each event, and say you're done with it. Then complain about it again the next event. You say the reward isn't worth the effort. The player sucks. RNG cheats you. Etc, etc.. I bet none of those things happen if you just don't play it. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I’ve tried saying this ⬆️ before.  So I’ll drop a non relevant GIF 
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    A lot of you guys complain about walk off each event, and say you're done with it. Then complain about it again the next event. You say the reward isn't worth the effort. The player sucks. RNG cheats you. Etc, etc.. I bet none of those things happen if you just don't play it. 
    But then what kind of entertainment would we have on this forum?
  • Options
    TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    Can someone explain why Doc complains about how hard is WOH then make a request to make it more difficult on Mondays. Twisted mind?
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Can someone explain why Doc complains about how hard is WOH then make a request to make it more difficult on Mondays. Twisted mind?
    Some are a gluten for punishment i guess :joy:
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I went 7 on 25 to bring the player to D8 on saturday. Then went 1 on 15 on sunday and didn't cap him. That was painful.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I went 7 on 25 to bring the player to D8 on saturday. Then went 1 on 15 on sunday and didn't cap him. That was painful.
    That means your total pulls were roughly in line with state odds....but damned if that 1-15 on Sunday wouldnt have had me breaking shit
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    But then what kind of entertainment would we have on this forum?
    Idk, maybe a variety?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    That means your total pulls were roughly in line with state odds....but damned if that 1-15 on Sunday wouldnt have had me breaking shit
    exactly, I wasn't planning to cap him at first, I was just doing it for lxp. I got sucked in being close to cap him. I wish I could go back in time and just tap bg instead lol
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

It is definitely more difficult, even Royale WOH required restarts on Rollie a few times.  I still think the main problem is that the reward player is so bad; the inability to cycle cap and the ridiculous reward tiers (15 cycles for a measly 37K lxp) are secondary issues. The week that Trammell was the player, I actually needed a SS, so playing that day felt somewhat rewarding even though my repulls of Trammell were exceedingly rare. If the players was someone I actually wanted, or could even use as a bench option, the whole event would be different.

But as it is, it's just a grind. I still find it fun to a degree, but better rewards would change the whole experience.  Even Trammell, whom I wanted, lasted all of a week or two before I pulled Kessinger and then Honus.  There were times just last year when a WOH catcher, 2B or SS would be on my roster for a month.   

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Metsicans said:

It is definitely more difficult, even Royale WOH required restarts on Rollie a few times.  I still think the main problem is that the reward player is so bad; the inability to cycle cap and the ridiculous reward tiers (15 cycles for a measly 37K lxp) are secondary issues. The week that Trammell was the player, I actually needed a SS, so playing that day felt somewhat rewarding even though my repulls of Trammell were exceedingly rare. If the players was someone I actually wanted, or could even use as a bench option, the whole event would be different.

But as it is, it's just a grind. I still find it fun to a degree, but better rewards would change the whole experience.  Even Trammell, whom I wanted, lasted all of a week or two before I pulled Kessinger and then Honus.  There were times just last year when a WOH catcher, 2B or SS would be on my roster for a month.   

I think they are dangerously close to swinging too far in the OTHER direction from earlier in the year. Difficulty is fine if the rewards are worth it.  If the juice isn't worth the squeeze, it just becomes incredibly frustrating.  
    Having to grind through multiple cycles, to land a player you don't want, with measly rewards....all in the name of competing with club on Tuesday....is causing a lot of heartburn.
    Nobody minds having to slog through that if either the rewards or the player is worth it.  They just can't BOTH suck
  • Options
    Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Anyone know who’s in the boxes today?
  • Options
    Grizzly99 said:
    Anyone know who’s in the boxes today?
    I'm sure somebody does!!!