Options

12/14/2020 Frickery WOH

Comments

• Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I'm of the opinion that having spent all the LXP and Gold to level Babe Ruth to P10 and 20/20 should negate the NEED to THEN gold boost him to beat 5.9
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm of the opinion that having spent all the LXP and Gold to level Babe Ruth to P10 and 20/20 should negate the NEED to THEN gold boost him to beat 5.9
    I'm using Green at 5.9(20/20, lvl 10 xfactor) and I'm not comfortable unless I use at least a 20g(same as video) or 40g.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    edited December 2020
    Nine WOH Boxes and 2,500 every time? Come on now! That’s a whole new level of frickery!
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    I'm using Green at 5.9(20/20, lvl 10 xfactor) and I'm not comfortable unless I use at least a 20g(same as video) or 40g.
    I'm sorry, but that's just F'n crazy.  They went way overboard today
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    It’s not cheating. Forget about the animations. The script is pre-written based on the numbers. If you’re losing, make your numbers better 🤓

Doesn't get better than 20/20 with a WoH bonus of 9 or higher.

Doesn't explain how I cycled twice with no issues, then just run into a wall.

Why is it so hard to accept that this game is like WWE? LOL

No point in denying it.

On cycle five now, and once again I'm stuck in RNG hell. Can't get past 5.6 with a matchup that has won all day. If I manually play the round, it is nine and out.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    ATG Ted D10 20/20 13XF to close & still used the 80g boost. That's how uncomfortable that 8 run deficit was. 1/20 repulls on the Stanky boxes. Pushing the difficulty way too much without guaranteeing any great returns, other than the LXP amounts. 
  • Options
    I wish Glu read forums.  The feedback here is much more convincing than all the BS being tossed around Global today

what @DFBB and @JCAM80 described above is just awful
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It’s not cheating. Forget about the animations. The script is pre-written based on the numbers. If you’re losing, make your numbers better 🤓

No point in denying it.

On cycle five now, and once again I'm stuck in RNG hell. Can't get past 5.6 with a matchup that has won all day. If I manually play the round, it is nine and out.

Go diamond if you want to power cycle through that mess.  The alternative is that you are diamond, and you’ll need to smash through it 25-30 times to make it worth your while. Even with that, it’s risky. Whichever way you want to look at it, it requires a solid 3/4 to full day of effort. The fact is that if you’re silver or gold, you only need to beat it once or twice. Don’t expect to be able to run cycles like a capped diamond team. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Man, it’s really tough today. I refuse to pay for boosts or restarts, and I’m platinum, so those are my disclosures. I’ve tried level 5 about 30 times and can’t do it. 20/20 Ted, 20/20 Babe, both with good X factors, can’t beat 5.9 and 5.10. It’s really not worth the effort or gold. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Man, it’s really tough today. I refuse to pay for boosts or restarts, and I’m platinum, so those are my disclosures. I’ve tried level 5 about 30 times and can’t do it. 20/20 Ted, 20/20 Babe, both with good X factors, can’t beat 5.9 and 5.10. It’s really not worth the effort. 
    This and other shared experiences is why I dont even bother trying and I’m ok with that. There might be other silver teams beating the hardest tower but to me it’s not worth the time, gold spent or headache trying. If you can’t beat the hardest level then move down to a level that you can beat. If your banging your head on the wall or throwing across the room for several hours and just too stubborn to realize that maybe your team isn’t quite good enough then that’s your fault not Glus. 
  • Options
    I wish Glu read forums.  The feedback here is much more convincing than all the BS being tossed around Global today

There is so much negativity on the Glu forum  today that it’s absolutely ridiculous. How about at noon we all get a gift of the guaranteed player and then face bronze pitching all day? It would even be great if said player was already leveled when you got him. Then what would people complain about? Oh yeah, not challenging enough-we’ve already been down that road. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Man, it’s really tough today. I refuse to pay for boosts or restarts
    '20 has definitely spoiled many of us. For me, the club points and resources are well worth the gold boosts.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Metsicans said:
    Man, it’s really tough today. I refuse to pay for boosts or restarts, and I’m platinum, so those are my disclosures. I’ve tried level 5 about 30 times and can’t do it. 20/20 Ted, 20/20 Babe, both with good X factors, can’t beat 5.9 and 5.10. It’s really not worth the effort. 
    This and other shared experiences is why I dont even bother trying and I’m ok with that. There might be other silver teams beating the hardest tower but to me it’s not worth the time, gold spent or headache trying. If you can’t beat the hardest level then move down to a level that you can beat. If your banging your head on the wall or throwing across the room for several hours and just too stubborn to realize that maybe your team isn’t quite good enough then that’s your fault not Glus. 
    I think the problem is that my team definitely IS good enough to cycle. I have 7 capped 550 players, almost all of them equipped with WOH X factors. My two closers are Ruth and Teddy with 20/20 skills. That is definitely good enough. I’m not going to cry about it, but it shouldn’t be this hard when the reward is so awful. I’d pay gold to cycle if the reward was worth it. A 530 with bad skills is not worth it. 

That said, right after my post above, the RNG broke right and I cycled with no gold spent. So, my stubbornness paid off. Except, of course, I wasted the last 45 minutes of my life....
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited December 2020
    It amazes me that players will spend 20,000 gold chasing one specific player in one box that they still will need oodles of resources to level but refuse to spend 80 or even 40 gold for a WOH boost on a player that can be cycle capped with many less resources when if they habitually boosted on tough levels that would probably make 5 or 10 cycles worth of difference in a day.

Not addressing anyone here specifically, just an observation when we're talking about boosting. 

I don't pay for restarts either. But 80 gold is a drop in the bucket to a hardcore TSB player and well worth it to clear 5-10 and move on rather than fighting it for 45 minutes. 

EDIT: @Metsicans the 45 minutes I posted was totally hypothetical, I actually saw you post that after I already posted this lol. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB feels a little uncomfortable on 5.9 (he probably gets one out there, MAYBE two) and thats "way overboard?" Yall are overboard with your expectations at this point 🤒🤕
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

Why is it so hard to accept 

Good question..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    That said, right after my post above, the RNG broke right and I cycled with no gold spent. So, my stubbornness paid off. Except, of course, I wasted the last 45 minutes of my life....

I’ve been down that road too many times. I’m stubborn just like many others. I’m not sure if this helps or not, but if I’m in an RNG nightmare then I close the app and go back in. Or I might just walk away for a while and come back later. 
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Shoot...I racked up a lot of  points with Lou on the hard tower and got smoked on 4.10 2 times with Lou's skills at 16 and a 9 x factor at platinum. Like @retirepujols said...move down a tower or go to diamond. Not worth complaining about. 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB feels a little uncomfortable on 5.9 (he probably gets one out there, MAYBE two) and thats "way overboard?" Yall are overboard with your expectations at this point 🤒🤕
    I always think incremental changes are best.  That's how you learn.  Making more/multiple significant changes often leads to bad data and leaves you susceptible to bad business decisions.  Incrementalism is nearly always a better business approach.  I would have changed the situations, or the pitcher difficulty.  I think it was a mistake to do BOTH at one time.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

No point in denying it.

Go diamond if you want to power cycle through that mess.  The alternative is that you are diamond, and you’ll need to smash through it 25-30 times to make it worth your while. Even with that, it’s risky. Whichever way you want to look at it, it requires a solid 3/4 to full day of effort. The fact is that if you’re silver or gold, you only need to beat it once or twice. Don’t expect to be able to run cycles like a capped diamond team. 
    He definitely needs to change his perspective and lower his expectations for the level that he is. It would serve him well and the game would come to him. I'm silver, I changed my perspective back in late August. Royale I do 15 cycles and WoH Mondays (if I do play) it's only 3 cycles to get the player but I stay in the lower towers because I know I'll get frustrated and disappointed, playing as if I'm diamond or platinum when I'm not. I really don't know how the game can be any fun playing like that.
  • Options
    2003cobra said:

There is so much negativity on the Glu forum  today that it’s absolutely ridiculous. How about at noon we all get a gift of the guaranteed player and then face bronze pitching all day? It would even be great if said player was already leveled when you got him. Then what would people complain about? Oh yeah, not challenging enough-we’ve already been down that road. 
    You've got The Good Doc he'll find something about that to moan and b!tch about.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Man, it’s really tough today. I refuse to pay for boosts or restarts, and I’m platinum, so those are my disclosures. I’ve tried level 5 about 30 times and can’t do it. 20/20 Ted, 20/20 Babe, both with good X factors, can’t beat 5.9 and 5.10. It’s really not worth the effort or gold. 
    It’s comical to me that their message was they made levels easier for us to advance further. Maybe that was their intention, but it seems to me “Not Chad” moved the meter in the wrong direction. In other words, typical Glu. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    They were really headed in the right direction with WOH and went two steps back today by cranking the difficulty from difficult to stupid difficult.

It really isn't hard. If it weren't for the blatant cheating, I'd have five cycles in by now on the hard tower.

On cycle three and now I can't get past 4.8. Percival is cheating over and over again. As soon as the tying run is on, the game is over.

It is laughable how GLU makes the game "hard". Just remove all skill and fukc the customer.

I can't reconcile these statements. It isn't hard but they're cheating? Percival isn't cheating.  Percival is a computer code doing exactly what it was instructed to do based on the matchup.
  • Options
    lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    They were really headed in the right direction with WOH and went two steps back today by cranking the difficulty from difficult to stupid difficult.

It really isn't hard. If it weren't for the blatant cheating, I'd have five cycles in by now on the hard tower.

On cycle three and now I can't get past 4.8. Percival is cheating over and over again. As soon as the tying run is on, the game is over.

It is laughable how GLU makes the game "hard". Just remove all skill and fukc the customer.

I can't reconcile these statements. It isn't hard but they're cheating? Percival isn't cheating.  Percival is a computer code doing exactly what it was instructed to do based on the matchup.
    You mean it’s not the real percival behind his phone pitching against me ? 

Now that’s the ultimate frickery 😭
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    When you program a game to intentionally remove the opportunity for the player to win due to pitches that the bat can’t reach and call them strikes, that’s the literal definition of cheating the customer.

I got my five cycles in. I put up 1.5B points today. Got 75,000 LxP. I’m good.

I can have my way with this game if it wasn’t programmed to cheat me out of opportunities. Again, I’ve accepted what it is. I just have a different way of telling everyone the game is harder today. I’m just honest about what “harder” is. Today the RNG windows are brutal. Doesn’t matter if you have 20/20 skills with a WoH boost plus gold boost. 

My repeat pattern is on 4.10, then 5.7 on up, as soon as the tying run is up, I know if I can win or not bc that’s when the curves start. It’s clockwork at this point. It’s either that, or straight up nine and out. No in between.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    edited December 2020

drsmartassphd
    said: I can have my way with this game 

• Options
    When you program a game to intentionally remove the opportunity for the player to win due to pitches that the bat can’t reach and call them strikes, that’s the literal definition of cheating the customer.

I can have my way with this game if it wasn’t programmed to cheat me out of opportunities. Again, I’ve accepted what it is. I just have a different way of telling everyone the game is harder today. I’m just honest about what “harder” is. Today the RNG windows are brutal. Doesn’t matter if you have 20/20 skills with a WoH boost plus gold boost. 

My repeat pattern is on 4.10, then 5.7 on up, as soon as the tying run is up, I know if I can win or not bc that’s when the curves start. It’s clockwork at this point. It’s either that, or straight up nine and out. No in between.

It doesn't sound like you've accepted what it is because you're always asking for a more skill based and less RNG based event. I love skill based stuff in WOH. But the Nierko knuckleball, that's about the extent of what you'll get. 

Try to look at it from a programmer's perspective. What you are asking for is basically impossible.  Think about all the variables in this game. You have anywhere from a 1 star 29 overall player to a 550 overall player,  all with different hit and power ratings.  

Then you have situational skill boosts. 

Then you have team upgrades.

Then you have pennants. 

And then finally you have the option to "purchase" additional boosts for gold. 

An RNG can account for all of these variables. A skill based game cannot. 

It isn't an arcade game and isn't supposed to be. 
  • Options

That's the whole point. It's not meant to be easy. You take this way to seriously. You are a hard core addict allowing a simple mobile game to get under your skin like this. Dude, you need to except that it is what it is and move on or you just need to move on. It's been explained many times on here you can make things more favorable for your team. You really need to move to diamond because that's how you are playing, a gold team that is really trying to be diamond but can't quite do it because it's not diamond.
  • Options
    Just decided to try the Skanky tower and I must say that in a very small size of pt I definitely noticed that it was easier than the snowcone tower. First time through and used a video reboot but breezed through it. I feel confident that I had some good luck with the rng but when u win 50 rounds in 51 tries it feels pretty good. That being said I feel like they could back down the difficulty on the snow cone tower 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    Just decided to try the Skanky tower and I must say that in a very small size of pt I definitely noticed that it was easier than the snowcone tower. First time through and used a video reboot but breezed through it. I feel confident that I had some good luck with the rng but when u win 50 rounds in 51 tries it feels pretty good. That being said I feel like they could back down the difficulty on the snow cone tower 
    They did. 5.8, 5.9 and 5.10 are considerably easier than what they were earlier in the day. It's just 4.10 freaking Joe Kelly my arch nemesis that gives me fits.