Options

Yogi and a bump!

2Next

Comments

• Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    DFBB said:
    samtheman said:
    I guess no bump for keepers, huh? I guess can't complain to much, Glu has been really generous this weekend. Actually got me to spend a little bit of money, not much $11.00 just on the global challenge specials, and 15k in gold and got Buckner twice (got him the second time after leveling him to G10) , Trout twice and Teddy Ballgames oh and a metric sh*t ton of bxp. So if bumps don't come until tomorrow or sometime next week I won't be to upset.
    They may have given so many because the boxes were crap this weekend. The trick or treat business if you look carefully you found that 500 gold box did not guarantee a prime when you hit the counter.
    I thought the boxes were fantastic. First weekend of a new bump and we had some great legends as well as another atg bat. 

The ‘trick’ guarantee of a 520 legend was a terrible idea IMO, but I’d take the ‘treat’ legend guarantee over a useless prime guarantee any day. 

The number of free boxes were ridiculous and tbh, I’d expect fewer ‘free’ boxes this weekend even though it’s vip weekend. ‘21 continues to be a great year for f2p players and/or guys that don’t prioritize club points. 
    Now that you mention it, I think I only got 1 treat box this weekend. It was all tricks otherwise. I don’t remember the odds on those boxes, but that seems a bit low. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I guess no bump for keepers, huh? I guess can't complain to much, Glu has been really generous this weekend. Actually got me to spend a little bit of money, not much $11.00 just on the global challenge specials, and 15k in gold and got Buckner twice (got him the second time after leveling him to G10) , Trout twice and Teddy Ballgames oh and a metric sh*t ton of bxp. So if bumps don't come until tomorrow or sometime next week I won't be to upset.
    They may have given so many because the boxes were crap this weekend. The trick or treat business if you look carefully you found that 500 gold box did not guarantee a prime when you hit the counter.
    Yeah, I know but if there was a chance to nab an ATG I figured it'd be over the weekend. So I decided to put a little bit into the game real money and gold, couple that with a lot a free gifts combined with winning all but one CvC match up over the weekend which is remarkable in itself, I was able to come away with a legend that will help with CvC and EB and an ATG. So I rolled the dice a little and got a nice return imo. Also know it could've gone the opposite direction as well but this weekend I felt I got what I was after pretty economically.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited November 2021
    So how about that Keeper bump? I hope it’s on the way.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    samtheman said:
    So how about that Keeper bump? I hope it’s on the way.
    I hope that you’re not holding you’re breath. 
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    One thing I’ve never understood. At this point in the year, there is no reason that Keepers shouldn’t be at the same rating as the top level players. Almost everyone has upgraded their keepers to the max. You gain no advantage at this point and actually should be rewarded for investing in them since March. I know comments have been made that Keepers were not originally intended to be full year players. But at this point, I doubt anyone he kept their keepers high and not invested in other players to help their team.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I think Keepers were intended as a way to get players to move to the new version of the game. Some say they are useless after legends come out and if you can spend to keep up with new players and LXP every bump that is true. For the rest of us there is Keepers. Bottom line is they have kept them around 5% off the max overall since they were introduced in ‘19 so we’ve been conditioned to expect a bump after the overall goes up. I think this is the first time this year that didn’t get right on it however.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I think Keepers were intended as a way to get players to move to the new version of the game. Some say they are useless after legends come out and if you can spend to keep up with new players and LXP every bump that is true. For the rest of us there is Keepers. Bottom line is they have kept them around 5% off the max overall since they were introduced in ‘19 so we’ve been conditioned to expect a bump after the overall goes up. I think this is the first time this year that didn’t get right on it however.
    it really just depends how you play and what your expectations are.  Bump or not they still help me close woh whenever i play.   I dont use them in my regular lineup because I took WOH guys but it makes it easy.   I dont have to switch out xfactors.   Unless WOH suddenly gets harder then I dont really care if they lag behind.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I might be in the minority but I really only use 1 of my keepers. Typically they are only my third or fourth best player at their positions especially with the new moments that you have to factor in. They are great to get me started in the new season but they typically don’t have a long shelf life for me. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    samtheman said:

The number of free boxes were ridiculous and tbh, I’d expect fewer ‘free’ boxes this weekend even though it’s vip weekend. ‘21 continues to be a great year for f2p players and/or guys that don’t prioritize club points. 
    All about the login numbers… However glu done a great job this year during the series (unlike previous years) with gifts and put together what I thought were great boxes over the weekend. Glu 👏
    Now is when I usually start to lose interest quit and drift to madden and then eventually come back lol I hope they don’t give up on the game as they usually do. Hopefully find a way to keep us engaged great boxes, specials, gifts, double gold etc.. Now is when they should be doing MORE not less to engage us. Remember glu.. The season is over but Tsb 21 is not. 🍻