Options

Upgrades are a waste

Comments

• Options
    xixsidesxixxixsidesxix Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    edited May 2021
    @DFBB keep us posted if those upgrades help you win games as you log more games played. Looking forward to your post about getting crushed by a team with 80k lower team strength. Level playing field!!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    DFBB said:
    It's a bigger issue and needs more attention than it's getting.  In the community  it's a running joke that they dont work. So why  is it a feature? Blatant robbery tbh. 
    I think the same could be said for pennants, upgrades, and pitcher skills. 
    Pennants definitely help. I will  say that. I've logged it. And I know @DFBB has too
    I think pennants help, but I don't fast play because I'd rather allocate my gold towards upgrades. In regards to 'wasting gold,' I will say this: I never feel like crap when I spend gold on upgrades. I've lost count on how often I felt like puking after a chase gone wrong(way more often that I'd like to admit). 
    If they do nothing to help you win or score more points then your losing getting new players or xp you could have earned from using that gold on boxes
  • Options
    TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's a bigger issue and needs more attention than it's getting.  In the community  it's a running joke that they dont work. So why  is it a feature? Blatant robbery tbh. 
    Pennants definitely help. I will  say that. I've logged it. And I know @DFBB has too
    I think pennants help, but I don't fast play because I'd rather allocate my gold towards upgrades. In regards to 'wasting gold,' I will say this: I never feel like crap when I spend gold on upgrades. I've lost count on how often I felt like puking after a chase gone wrong(way more often that I'd like to admit). 
    You think? I remember you posted that you had logged pennants on two players that were identical. With the higher pennants being like .10 higher batting average
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah I tend to max out certain teams right away (Dodgers, Braves, etc) and there's a stark difference in performance between those players and any Marlins/Rangers/Tigers/Orioles/Mariners/etcetera that I might acquire.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    If they do nothing to help you win or score more points then your losing getting new players or xp you could have earned from using that gold on boxes
    Aka a scam
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Well, I believe they help and it's why I've done it in the past and prioritized it this year. If you're diamond and play a decent amount of games, you're going to have gold. Whether it's upgrades or boxes, it's all a waste of gold. That said, as a good friend often reminds me, you can't take your gold with you(he prob doesn't believe in the afterlife though lol).

I know I digressed a bit, but I will bring up a different angle. Maybe upgrades isn't the issue. I saw @dkarski87 mention that he loses to twaaatwaffle multiple times. I actually beat that dude by 15+ runs consistently. If he's beating anyone in your club, then that's a major red flag.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I cant score more then fuk.in 10runs in any 90% of my bgs or tourneys.  And then when I get what looks like a good match up, I get rocked. The only explanation is that they are handicapping teams, Which we have seen that feature in the past. When you start a h2h game, you are given the option of handicapping.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Every diamond team this year has already experiencing MORE LOSSES then any years past. Look at the records, wtf was the adjustment made in the first place? It was great and needed for the lower tiers but its not like teams were winning 95%+ of their games. The only explaination is like @JEDDDOGGY mentioned, higher costs to cycle d6, which they limited this year as well. Its a constant bending over by GLU seeing how far they can shove the stick up my ass.

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    You think? I remember you posted that you had logged pennants on two players that were identical. With the higher pennants being like .10 higher batting average
    I also had some pretty insane win streaks(as you prob recall. My data(esp pitching; most ppl don't do pitching upgrades) was always favorable compared to guys who didn't cap upgrades. 
  • Options
    @DFBB I have all pitching and hitting at 100 and my team still sucks with all 315 guys.
  • Options
    @DFBB I have all pitching and hitting at 100 and my team still sucks with all 315 guys.
    Idk man. It makes no sense to me and I'd be pretty ticked off too. 
  • Options
    Whatever they "fixed" they fuk.1n changed it back. Alot of clubs are reporting the same shit, winning games 6-5 if you can even win them. @DFBB. I wonder if you were experiecing the same outcomes if you would be more vocal about it. Cause obviously if your not impacted it then you dont feel the need to address it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Whatever they "fixed" they fuk.1n changed it back. Alot of clubs are reporting the same shit, winning games 6-5 if you can even win them. @DFBB. I wonder if you were experiecing the same outcomes if you would be more vocal about it. Cause obviously if your not impacted it then you dont feel the need to address it.
    Seems that way. Fk the people that spend to make their teams better. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Seems that way. Fk the people that spend to make their teams better. 
    As someone who used to work in wholesale, selling to stores all around the country, I know one rule of thumb that all of those stores go by. Don’t tick off the whales. 
  • Options
    Well im going to Costco and grabbing an industrial pack of Lube cause I doesn't look like the pounding is going to stop. If anyone else needs any, just tag me. @DFBB you said yesterday that you were put into the same pool, I have yet too see you in any match up in over 2k GP since the the change. So you are NOT in the same pool that you claim to be, because if you were you would be outraged with the amount of loses you take playing games.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Well im going to Costco and grabbing an industrial pack of Lube cause I doesn't look like the pounding is going to stop. If anyone else needs any, just tag me. @DFBB you said yesterday that you were put into the same pool, I have yet too see you in any match up in over 2k GP since the the change. So you are NOT in the same pool that you claim to be, because if you were you would be outraged with the amount of loses you take playing games.
    Yeah there's zero chance he's in our pool. And if he is, glu about to piss in it
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Whatever you do, don't eat the yellow snow.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Whatever you do, don't eat the yellow snow.
    It is not lemon flavored
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    This game is a world record sized bukake. Glu is holding the camera, and we're all the poor girl in the middle just taking money shots
  • Options
    I'm the poor girl in this scenario.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Again ill just say, to get upgrades to 100 takes a lot for most people, even diamond guys who play a decent amount. 
    At the end of the day its game so you should do what's fun for you.   If that gold creates more fun buying boxes which may or not get you players or spent on upgrades that may or may not work but helps your team strength.
    At the end of the day only you can answer that question.
  • Options
    You would think they make a greater difference now with everyone basically having the same line ups. 315max, no primes no legends. And unable to cap 20/20 skills (hopefully nobody is stupid enough to dump PXP into 315 players).  But it doesn't seem to be the case, even before this lastest brilliant idea these dumb asses had.  Later in the year when you cap get better players, cap skills, upgrades don't seems to matter as much. Lots of guys last year stayed at 84 across the board and basically scored the same run production compared to a guy who was 100 across the board. Obviously there are other factors to consider but it did seem to make little difference.

Anyone else wonder why they haven't put upgrades on sale in over 2 years? Remember they use to go on sale about once a week in years past....

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Anyone else wonder why they haven't put upgrades on sale in over 2 years? Remember they use to go on sale about once a week in years past....

Every Wednesday for up to 50% off!  Only the gold, never any discount for the cash 
  • Options
    Over 20k gold in savings when they went sale.... No wonder they got rid of that right?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Almost makes ya wish you didn’t auto tap so many games huh?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    whynot said:
    Almost makes ya wish you didn’t auto tap so many games huh?
    Found a way to glitch my upgrades to 200/100. All is well. Dm dkarski87 in game for the trick 
  • Options
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    @dkarski87 🤣🤣🤣🤣... love you too bud!  You are wrong though I do serve one purpose on here.  Nobody can push your buttons like me and it never gets tiring! 😁😁

BTW when you bringing me those points you promised?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Shit I see guys with 150k+ wins, I must be doing something wrong here if I'm auto-tapping @whynot.  Better respond quick before the thread gets shut down or mom comes home to make you lunch during school.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    This is a no bully zone
This discussion has been closed.