Options

Pity timer

13Next

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I agree 100% with you that’s why I started the thread. Raising the pity timer to get a guaranteed prime might not mean crap for my lowly silver team. I can’t imagine that it does anything for you or other high level diamond guys. After all of the gifts and cvc rewards last weekend I was at 21 of the 250 boxes. There’s no way that I’m going to buy 27 more boxes with a .02% chance of getting the top guy. I can’t imagine what’s it’s like to put on a chase like you do and come out of it without your guy. I do need bxp but I’m not gonna start buying boxes because of the better pull rate. 
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    jalapenocubbies said:

But as I said, that’s a totally different conversation. 
    That's the conversation I'm trying to have, but people go "OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!" and tell me the guarantees are better. This is what Glu is good at, is giving you guys all stuff you don't need, and everyone is snowed by it.

Who gives a crap about a 24 or 48 box guarantee? I don't.

Edit: For the record, I still don't believe the guarantee system is any better. I dont need another repull of the worst prime as I was already pulling that clown 30x before they updated anything. 
    I don’t think anyone has said the new pity timers are great. The point i was making early in the chain is it got slightly better compared to the week prior, and there’s no rational argument that it got worse than the week prior. I don’t really compare one app to another, mostly because i don’t remember the exact timeline for prior years but also cause i only really care if its getting better for me now. 

As i said in my earlier posts, there is still tons of room to make the game, and particularly the top player odds, better. This was a small step in the right direction though.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2021
    "A small step in the right direction"

The change does not pacify me at all, nor gives me any confidence that they'll improve the currently offensive and predatory foil/ATG pull rates.  

It's doing what they wanted it to, though. They have nearly the whole lot of us fooled.

It's a big "meh" for me.

• Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    "A small step in the right direction"

The change does not pacify me at all, nor gives me any confidence that they'll improve the currently offensive and predatory foil/ATG pull rates.  

It's doing what they wanted it to, though. They have nearly the whole lot of us fooled.

It's a big "meh" for me.

Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Pity timers are back to 9/15! 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Pity timers are back to 9/15! 
    It's the same rate as last weekend's boxes, but scaled accordingly based on the cost of the boxes. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    221k to get Clark. This has got to end.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Sorry man, this was my chase for piazza. Never got him. Just curious though, was there a reason you went for him? His skill combo kinda stinks IMO. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

But it won't. It will only get worse. Pay up or quit.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    jalapenocubbies said: Just curious though, was there a reason you went for him? His skill combo kinda stinks IMO. 

Well... 20k turns into 40k... which turns into 80k.... which then turns into another 100k of rage opening.... and then the final 40k more while having an epileptic seizure from the blue xp flashing on my screen every time I open a box.

My real answer is that I'm not sure lol.

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    jalapenocubbies said: Just curious though, was there a reason you went for him? His skill combo kinda stinks IMO. 

Well... 20k turns into 40k... which turns into 80k.... which then turns into another 100k of rage opening.... and then the final 40k more while having an epileptic seizure from the blue xp flashing on my screen every time I open a box.

My real answer is that I'm not sure lol.

Trust me I get it. There’s certain players I chase no matter what, but this weekend was the same thing chasing piazza. Field pass turned into a a couple bundles, which turned into a few more etc.