Cost of TSB

13Next

Comments

  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,454 Posts
    edited June 2022
    @dkarski87 that's interesting that the people who have complete control over the culture and morale of it's users would call the community "toxic and negative"? Gee, wonder why...

    Also, I absolutely cannot wait to kick off my remote interview with: "First and foremost, I would like to begin with concerns from my trusted and respected forum peers, @Looseballsack and @Taknadump111"
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 120 Posts
    Much Respect too! Wait, WHAT!!!!!
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 277 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    It's a waste of time @JEDDDOGGY but definitely take the money lol. So many people have quit the game this year like never before. They even lost both moderators and still fail to listen to any feedback. The has been a sinking ship for months and nobody at GLU seems to care. They listen to feedback but do nothing about it. I've said it many times, hands down the worst TSB version I have ever participated in. Best thing for everyone to do is finish out the current version and then part ways with the game. Its only going to get worse next year, with the new people running the game they simply don't care about anything. They complain that "the community is so toxic and negative" Here's a simple suggestion, try doing something that benefits your users instead of constantly fuking them up the ass. Maybe then you would see a turn around in the game,  the way it is now....People just aren't engaged anymore, the game is dead.

    That’s interesting that you say that they complain about the community. This means they are, in a way, trying to keep this game alive, and not abandoning it for a new mlb game. Which means they really sucks and this game is doomed.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    It's a waste of time @JEDDDOGGY but definitely take the money lol. So many people have quit the game this year like never before. They even lost both moderators and still fail to listen to any feedback. The has been a sinking ship for months and nobody at GLU seems to care. They listen to feedback but do nothing about it. I've said it many times, hands down the worst TSB version I have ever participated in. Best thing for everyone to do is finish out the current version and then part ways with the game. Its only going to get worse next year, with the new people running the game they simply don't care about anything. They complain that "the community is so toxic and negative" Here's a simple suggestion, try doing something that benefits your users instead of constantly fuking them up the ass. Maybe then you would see a turn around in the game,  the way it is now....People just aren't engaged anymore, the game is dead.

    That’s interesting that you say that they complain about the community. This means they are, in a way, trying to keep this game alive, and not abandoning it for a new mlb game. Which means they really sucks and this game is doomed.
    I disagree. The fact the are complaining about the user community and saying they are overly negative says they aren’t listening to them. The changes being made are showing they are punishing the users for that negativity. A company exists to provide good and services for its customers. If they can’t provide that, the customer goes elsewhere. If they keep making changes that hurt the customers and complaining the customers are negative, they are no longer trying to entice the customers nor retain them. If they wanted to keep the users, they would start making changes in our favor. 

    As much as we complain about this game in past years, there were always changes made to keep us around. Increased odds, better prizes, more events, etc. They would do something to entice. So far this year, not a single change made in the customers favor to entice them. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,875 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    This Forum has been abandoned and the game is being run into the ground. So many loyal and SPENDING customers are being given a daily FU. I guess their new business strategy is to kill this forum and kill the game. And to discourage spending by me, at least. Successful on all counts. Hey Blue, Alex…..are y’all banned from this forum? Or on an EA all expense paid vacation? Not even a post card? 
    Alex quit a week ago. That’s how bad this game is.
    If Alex quit then things must have gotten real bad with the game. Next you're probably gonna tell me that @dkarski87 gone legit too?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,687 Posts
    Houmy said:
    tshea510 said:
    This Forum has been abandoned and the game is being run into the ground. So many loyal and SPENDING customers are being given a daily FU. I guess their new business strategy is to kill this forum and kill the game. And to discourage spending by me, at least. Successful on all counts. Hey Blue, Alex…..are y’all banned from this forum? Or on an EA all expense paid vacation? Not even a post card? 
    Alex quit a week ago. That’s how bad this game is.
    If Alex quit then things must have gotten real bad with the game. Next you're probably gonna tell me that @dkarski87 gone legit too?
    No ones talking, as usual. From “activity”, looks like Blue was gone for 2 weeks, while Alex has been on daily. But crickets…….probably too busy enjoying this outstanding pile of garbage
    Just a former Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited June 2022
    Alex quit, @jalapenocubbies quit. I left the VIP council chat a few weeks ago as well. They have totally ruined the game to the point where most long-time users aren't even opening the app anymore. The chat is total joke, its not like years past where you actually had developers in there that listened and acted on feedback to actually try and make the game better. Now all you have is @blueleopard who checks in maybe 1-2 times a week and gives his bosses a "report" which just gets ignored week in and week out.  I've never seen so many quit as quickly as they have this year with TSB22. EA or whoever is calling the shots have totally destroyed this game. Its actually a good thing IMO, so many have finally broken the habit and moved on. They complain about how toxic and negative the the community groups are, well its not rocket science folks. Why don't you try and improve the user experience so that everyone wouldn't be so negative? I mean its common sense, the entire make up and feel of TSB22 has been a shit-show from BETA. and nothing was done about it to try and fix the user experience for the community. They just made it worse every single week. Hands down, the worst TSB version that has ever been released. Is this just my opinion? Sure
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 120 Posts
    It's not just you, I've personally only been playing since 19 and THIS is the worst and 99.9% I won't be around to see just how much more worse they make it when and IF 23 comes out 🤮👎
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 277 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Alex quit, @jalapenocubbies quit. I left the VIP council chat a few weeks ago as well. They have totally ruined the game to the point where most long-time users aren't even opening the app anymore. The chat is total joke, its not like years past where you actually had developers in there that listened and acted on feedback to actually try and make the game better. Now all you have is @blueleopard who checks in maybe 1-2 times a week and gives his bosses a "report" which just gets ignored week in and week out.  I've never seen so many quit as quickly as they have this year with TSB22. EA or whoever is calling the shots have totally destroyed this game. Its actually a good thing IMO, so many have finally broken the habit and moved on. They complain about how toxic and negative the the community groups are, well its not rocket science folks. Why don't you try and improve the user experience so that everyone wouldn't be so negative? I mean its common sense, the entire make up and feel of TSB22 has been a shit-show from BETA. and nothing was done about it to try and fix the user experience for the community. They just made it worse every single week. Hands down, the worst TSB version that has ever been released. Is this just my opinion? Sure, but I bet if you polled the game, you idiots would really get an eye opening experience about how bad this game really has become. Congrats on destroying what was once a pretty neat game.
    When our customers are complaining here and our nps scores go down, we always say that it’s their fault and they are too negative instead of improving things on our side 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,454 Posts
    I just got off my zoom meeting with the EA Research Team. I'll try to find time to post a recap at some point later tonight or this weekend.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 120 Posts
    Cool, did you by chance bring my name up and let them know how much I "Love" this game so maybe they can float me some PXP to lvl up the 3 prime players I got today! 🤜🤛👍
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    edited July 2022
    For you older people like me


  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I just got off my zoom meeting with the EA Research Team. I'll try to find time to post a recap at some point later tonight or this weekend.
    Curious how this went. My guess is, as has been the MO for years, they will listen to our advice and recommendations, then find a way to monetize the hell out of it and push players away. But hell you got a gift card out of it so it’s a good deal for you. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 277 Posts
    hope you suggested more boxes and more sets, this game would benefit from it
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @jalapenocubbies They're gonna send me a $100 gift card for participation. Plus, I'm not aiming to make change as I realize fully well that those efforts would be futile. I do have a couple things I want to say though. They can pay me $100 and they're gonna get my feedback. Don't care what they do with their notes from the meeting. They can crumple them up into a little tiny ball and then... anyway, should be a good time. 
    😂
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,222 Posts
    I gotta ask… where was the $100 gift card for?   (Please say Wendys, please say Wendys)
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I gotta ask… where was the $100 gift card for?   (Please say Wendys, please say Wendys)
    I could be confused but I pretty sure it sends you to a website where you can pick from a list of places. When I got mine in the past I picked Amazon. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,875 Posts
    I gotta ask… where was the $100 gift card for?   (Please say Wendys, please say Wendys)
    $100 credit towards in-game purchase of stickers 🖖
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    well damn, it's been like 2 months since i deleted this shit and completely forgot to check here for all the juicy news... congrats ben and alex on quitting as well!

    hey EA... GO **** YOURSELF


    motorcitym4yhem 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I love checking in to make sure I continue to have no desire to play. I heard about the sweet update they just had.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 120 Posts
    You've made a wise choice my friend! Stay Strong 💪
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    You've made a wise choice my friend! Stay Strong 💪
    There is zero chance I would ever come back and play the way this is setup. There isn’t enough gold to be had unless you’re a damn millionaire. There is no way anyone can look at what they produced this year and say it’s acceptable. Look how many long tome players have quit. I mean I guess congrats for keeping the top few clubs in tact spending everyday but I don’t see that as a successful business model. This isn’t even mentioning the fact every time they update something new breaks but they never fixed the original problem anyway. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,875 Posts
    Did I get this right?


    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Did I get this right?


    not really, they knowingly rode it into the ground so when they introduce a completely redesigned game next year on their own engine they won't have to deal with the longterm gamers.  

    the devs that walked away are looking on begrudgingly at the bastardized version of their laborous efforts with a shitty payday.  in a few short years they turned a 100k grossing game into a $5 million grossing juggernaut and it was sold out from under them in the $2 billion acquisition and they barely got a handy...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,454 Posts
    I guess I just totally forgot about recapping my zoom meeting with EA's research team. Anyway... by now its just bullet points since I've slept since then. 
    • Most of the questions they asked were about gameplay and game modes
    • There really were not a lot of questions about how/when/if I spend money on the game
    • One of my main points throughout was that the game is unrealistically expensive 
    • Don't see TSB going away anytime soon as they're invested enough in it to do this research
    • They did ask some questions about going from D6 cycles to Champ Tiers 
    • There was some focus/couple questions on how I build my team
    • Asked if I had tried competing games like 9 Innings and what I liked/disliked about it
    • When they asked about Rally I said that I don't know anyone that plays it
    • I was pretty adamant to them that they should just have primes and legends year 'round
    • Evolution of the game from when I started playing up to now was of interest to them
    • Pointed out that top WOH tier used to have an amazing reward (and thus was more challenging)
    • One thing I was adamant about was having a manually played 5 inning game head-to-head event

    Like I say, there was probably a lot more, but those are the main things.

    Also, I have an update pending. Been putting it off, but saw some comments in global about captcha. Did they add that back? If so, UGH, lol. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,652 Posts
    Greetings all! It’s been since April since I’ve deleted the last 3 seasons of TSB and I can honestly say that I don’t miss it( ok maybe a little when I’m really bored). I’m kinda shocked to hear that Alex quit but it sounds like anybody that has quit this game is definitely making the right decision. TSB used to be a great game and the forum was a great place to hang out and socialize. Jedd glad to see that you got $100 of your money back! Doc, since you’re not with the hot wife there’s definitely no shame in posting the pics now. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,404 Posts
    Haven’t checked in in a bit.. damn this place is dead. It’s a shame. Glu/ea 👎🏻
Sign In or Register to comment.