Options

How Are We Doing: GLOBAL 06/18/15

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    What is your current VP and how much gold have you used in this event?

Just back from a late dinner at a bar (had phone with me ... never stopped playing) LOL

Currently RANK #3
    VP: 142
    GOLD: 200 BARS (left over from GLOBAL) VALUE: $9.99

Usually takes 225-250 VP to WIN a League Event. Current Leader has 160 VP. RANK #4 has 130 VP. After that, they range from 14 VP (RANK #27) to 110 VP (RANK #5).

These guys aren't rookies either ... maybe they're shell shocked from the Global. But they got lazy on the lead and never responded as I started to make my move. The 2 leaders woke up and took off, saying "oh no you didn't". I didn't give chase ... all I want is my 15 parts.

With just under 2 hours left, I'm out of GOLD but I think I can hold on with free energy. My original goal was to grab 5 parts but when I started slowly moving up in spurts, I realized they weren't watching the leaderboard .... fatal mistake.

*** SMILES ***

Can you believe a CONTENT UPDATE and RESTART with 10 minutes remaining in the event ??? and a NETWORK ERROR with 1 MINUTE LEFT ... UNREAL ... Probably cost many crucial last minute surge(s) ... finished with 12 PARTS and yet another battle to fight ... What a wild ride !!!

KUDOS MY FELLOW WARRIORS
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Google would kill it for me in a heartbeat. Don't have wifi at work, and wouldn't want to mix the two anyway. Can't believe the intensity there and on iOS.

Someone in my clan lost his 3rd place finish parts and gold to the network error. Now he says he has 200 VP in the next day league event. My errors where when I loged on, but kept my parts.

I lucked out, have my 2 Mudflows! 1 stays in the box, nice and fresh. First time I jumped around between 3 leagues, a bit disconcerting, saw a lot of guys in my clan during the shuffle.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The key, as you probably already know, is to open up a gap early and then just maintain. Quite often in Silver League a 10 point gap will hold through the close. I don't think Koppu or I will take a run at Miyazoo. I don't think anybody really needs the 20 parts.

I agree with you since it also depends on the time zone.
    I play the first 12-14 of each day on the league events and then I go to sleep.
    When I wake up, I have 2-3 hours left to decide how many gold I should spend (if any) in order to achieve my goal and if it's worth it of course.
    For example in the 1st day of the league event where we were in the same bracket, when I went to bed I had 90VP being 8th (10 hours before end) and you had approx 140VP being 3rd. I thought that it would be pointless to chase top-10. But when I woke-up (2.5 hours before end) you were still 3rd but with only 144vp and I was 19th with my 90VP. I rallied back to to 8th place (because I needed at least 10 parts) and 4-6 was not far away. At that point you were (idle of course and) 4th with 144VP. There were another 5 guys chasing the top-10 which made me spend another 20gold and out of nowhere I ended up 5th with my 12 parts in hand. I think you dropped 14th or something but I'm sure that if you were not sleeping, this would not happen. I guess before you went to bed you felt comfortable about finishing up top-10, (at least I would with 50vp difference). To conclude, my point is I feel it's not how you start, it's how you end (SCORPION is a great example).
    Anyway, 2nd day is on, in a new bracket. I have this newbie in my bracket named ELJAH (1300 VP overall, no tesla, no heavy) who already has 70vp being 1st when the 2nd has 32vp. Ough, gold management is not his forte I guess...
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion, what level are you? If you still 100 - You didn't loose any gold!

Guess I lost 35 gold jumping to 107. So, that bug is still alive and well.

Somehow with this region name, I think it's a mistake?

What does "LID_EPISODE_11" mean, the LID part? level id?

Finally started closing contracts again ... went through first campaign to LEVEL 110 ... NO GOLD AWARDED !!!
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Finally started closing contracts again ... went through first campaign to LEVEL 110 ... NO GOLD AWARDED !!!

So, it's official and not a mistake?
    Tier 12 and a new campaign is on in Android?
    On IOS I see nothing so far.
  • Options
    I don't know how official it is, I just completed the first of seven campaigns in ASCENSION. The LEVEL UP thing is all over the place. I didn't get any GOLD reaching LEVEL 100 either.

I should have used the term MISSION ... I mean the contracts that open from 1 microSD card, of which there are 7 or 8 I believe.
  • Options
    I don't know how official it is, I just completed the first of seven campaigns in ASCENSION. The LEVEL UP thing is all over the place. I didn't get any GOLD reaching LEVEL 100 either.

I should have used the term MISSION ... I mean the contracts that open from 1 microSD card, of which there are 7 or 8 I believe.

Ah ok, I thought you meant a new campaign after Ascension.
    Same happened to all of us I see. No gold, instant upgrade to level 100. No worries.

Did you see this?

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?145884-Some-players-are-on-PVP-so-others-dont-get-the-gun&p=318139#post318139

It's really interesting.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts

One thing that has changed with the Level change from 100 to 110 is that Player Health increased from 360 K to 672 K. I don't know if that actually reflects a doubling of Player Health.
  • Options
    One thing that has changed with the Level change from 100 to 110 is that Player Health increased from 360 K to 672 K. I don't know if that actually reflects a doubling of Player Health.

I didn't notice ... I'll check it out. But since I didn't notice, it couldn't have made much of a difference in my survivability LOL
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts

That only means one thing, you'll be taking a ton of damage with the new bases and I'm sure player health will double again once tier 13 comes out. It's really sad that another bs base is coming in the span of three weeks for droid and Amazon customers. To make matters even worse, the sniper rifle offered this week is already outdated and pointless to get.
  • Options
    That only means one thing, you'll be taking a ton of damage with the new bases and I'm sure player health will double again once tier 13 comes out. It's really sad that another bs base is coming in the span of three weeks for droid and Amazon customers. To make matters even worse, the sniper rifle offered this week is already outdated and pointless to get.

Are you thinking that TIER 13 is coming in two weeks? I think this was a mistake, as you mentioned earlier, unfortunately I think we're stuck with it. HANDLES must know ny now and yet no statement is forthcoming. That isn't a good sign !!!
  • Options
    I find it hard to follow you guys.
    Bradr752 says he's now level 110 but in the game (IOS) I see him level 100.
    I haven't encountered anyone level 100+ yet.
    So far, levels cap was getting higher only when a new region was introduced, if memory serves me well.
    So if there are players with level above 100, where's the new region (following Ascension)? :confused:
  • Options
    NK14 wrote: »
    I find it hard to follow you guys.
    Bradr752 says he's now level 110 but in the game (IOS) I see him level 100.
    I haven't encountered anyone level 100+ yet.
    So far, levels cap was getting higher only when a new region was introduced, if memory serves me well.
    So if there are players with level above 100, where's the new region (following Ascension)? :confused:

I am at Level 110 on the Amazon platform. I am TOOBAD there. Android/Amazon have opened up Tier12, Max Level 110 and a new campaign. IOS has not.

Sorry for the confusion. I normally try to identify the platform in my posts. Slipped up this time.
  • Options
    This is why I say these LEVELS are all over the place. I've been sitting on ASCENSiON (Google Android) for weeks now. I just didn't have the motivation to play contracts with everything else that was going on; I was at LEVEL 100.

I finally started to close contracts yesterday when I saw a TIER 12 DEFENSE for the first time in PvP. After 2 missions (Intel Located microSDs collected), I noticed that my LEVEL went to 110 (NO GOLD again BTW). Didn't think much about it until another player, I think it was try_again, pointed out there was a NEW REGION available, no announcement, no warning, it was just there.

So if you're confused about how any of this works, it's DEFINITELT NOT YOU, the game is so screwed up and out of control, I don't think anyone has a real handle (now that's funny) on anything, except maybe the trusty BRADR752.

Actually, I am impressed that you've grasped as much of the game, as you have, that fast ... KUDOS

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    The missions on the new Campaign are stale remakes of previous missions, nothing of interest at all. I just sucked up the Diamond Missions and left it. We will need new Snipers to complete even the first level of that campaign.

BTW, if you are not confused by what is going on in this game, you are not paying attention. I do not have a clue what they are up to.
  • Options
    The missions on the new Campaign are stale remakes of previous missions, nothing of interest at all. I just sucked up the Diamond Missions and left it. We will need new Snipers to complete even the first level of that campaign.

BTW, if you are not confused by what is going on in this game, you are not paying attention. I do not have a clue what they are up to.

I heard you ... I can't even do that yet since I still have 5 missions to complete in ASCENSION. I'll tell you falling behind is a *****. The newer players? No wonder they jump into PvP after 5-6 contract regions it's boring as hell.
  • Options
    I heard you ... I can't even do that yet since I still have 5 missions to complete in ASCENSION. I'll tell you falling behind is a *****.

It is OK to fall behind in the Campaigns, the real problem is the rapid cycle of new Base Tiers. It now requires a huge investment in time and Gold to get through a Tier, and before you get it done they have trotted out another. I am only halfway through the upgrades of Tier 11 on both platforms.
  • Options
    It is OK to fall behind in the Campaigns, the real problem is the rapid cycle of new Base Tiers. It now requires a huge investment in time and Gold to get through a Tier, and before you get it done they have trotted out another. I am only halfway through the upgrades of Tier 11 on both platforms.

My TIER 11 is at 138.24K and other than an occasion drone update, the base is where I sink all of my diamonds. As a matter of fact, this new TESLA is gonna sit there as 50 parts (uncrafted) for awhile until I really need it since I'm not in a position to upgrade it right away ... BTW if you don't craft the weapon, you don't have the weapon ... yet ... so the match maker will not take it into consideration.
  • Options
    You know what's funny ... it's just as hard to play for RANK #20 as it is to lead ... who would have thought it. There's only 24 people in my bracket that are actually playing; the rest just gave up I guess.

Trying to play nice gets you nowhere. Best to play normal and keep my rhythm.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options

This answers my question about going to level 110, and getting the health from that move. Still would like the 50 gold you get in the process, but that will never happen until Handles passes it on to the dev team.

bradr752, thanks for being the voice of decent with him - this game is officially broken in it's basic progression. We are now the grapes, Glu has become the wine press. All that's left in this raisin is pulp!
  • Options
    I wish it were possible to know how many players have managed to complete Tier 11. I know there are some, but the average player is going to take a while. My calculations say 18.5 M Diamonds to get from Tier 10 to complete Tier 11.
  • Options
    I wish it were possible to know how many players have managed to complete Tier 11. I know there are some, but the average player is going to take a while. My calculations say 18.5 M Diamonds to get from Tier 10 to complete Tier 11.

Hey Buddy ... I'm at 47 PARTS ... What happened to you yesterday? I thought you picked up 35 during GLOBAL ... I am getting another endless stream of TIER 12s now, many max'd out and more and more with max'd out drones. Burning diamonds again, another GLU foul up that's costing us thousands of diamonds. They were to retract this latest update, but haven't and I do not expect them too. I am feeling that pressure building again .....

I've got 1 column (fourth) and 1 box (third, GUARD LEVEL) left to complete my TIER 11 upgrades ... POWER: 153.6K. I need a break **SMILES**
  • Options
    Hey Buddy ... I'm at 47 PARTS ... What happened to you yesterday? I thought you picked up 35 during GLOBAL ... I am getting another endless stream of TIER 12s now, many max'd out and more and more with max'd out drones. Burning diamonds again, another GLU foul up that's costing us thousands of diamonds. They were to retract this latest update, but haven't and I do not expect them too. I am feeling that pressure building again .....

I've got 1 column (fourth) and 1 box (third, GUARD LEVEL) left to complete my TIER 11 upgrades ... POWER: 153.6K. I need a break **SMILES**

You said it yourself, this game would be no fun if there was no adversity.
  • Options
    You said it yourself, this game would be no fun if there was no adversity.

This is true ... but even the most optimistic fools, such as myself, have limits *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    This is true ... but even the most optimistic fools, such as myself, have limits *** SMILES ***

The longer you play this game, the more disappointed you will be. Your optimism will turn into despair because you have yet to experience the ultimate injustice this game has to offer. Imagine yourself playing in the global event to only find out that the game failed to reward you parts for a gun or the gun itself? How ****ed would you be? You can e-mail the help team, and if you fail to provide a screenshot, you get nothing! Even if you have a screenshot, you'll get a measly amount of gold. The weapons won in the global events will cost 7,500 gold in future VIP events, are you expecting me to spend over 200 dollars on a gun that I have already earned? So, until that fateful day comes, enjoy this game, frolic in the woods with your philosophical optimism but I assure you, sooner or later you will face ultimate despair.
  • Options
    The longer you play this game, the more disappointed you will be. Your optimism will turn into despair because you have yet to experience the ultimate injustice this game has to offer. Imagine yourself playing in the global event to only find out that the game failed to reward you parts for a gun or the gun itself? How ****ed would you be? You can e-mail the help team, and if you fail to provide a screenshot, you get nothing! Even if you have a screenshot, you'll get a measly amount of gold. The weapons won in the global events will cost 7,500 gold in future VIP events, are you expecting me to spend over 200 dollars on a gun that I have already earned? So, until that fateful day comes, enjoy this game, frolic in the woods with your philosophical optimism but I assure you, sooner or later you will face ultimate despair.

I've been there, done that ... remember the infamous upgrade weekend? Why do you keep reminding me and ripping off that scab LOL I have 45 parts for a heavy in my gallery as a reminder of the weapon that never was OR never will be LMAO I've seen every screw up this game has to offer and still I am here ... it's not despair ... but it is quickly becoming a bore.

Why do you ANGELS hang around? It sounds like they "broke you" a long time ago ... why do you persist?

This past Global was the most competitive and enjoyable I've experienced in quite some time. But you appear to NOT be enjoying yourself, so why do you bother? If I felt as you do, I would be in the wind so fast it would make your head spin ... you gotta lighten up or step off.
  • Options
    BRADR752 (and others as well) ... A few helpful observations about MAX'd TIER 12 DEFENSES (with OR without max'd out DRONES):

I was able to defeat a MAX'd out TIER 12 LONG with a MAX'd out DRONE using 2 MedKits and the 10.5 NARWAHL (fully equipped). It also took 2 TESLA blasts to the head to kill a JUGGERNAUT (first one may have missed the mark, but I don't think so).

I was able to defeat a MAX'd out TIER 12 SHORT (no drone) using 1 grenade and the 11.5 MEDUSA.

So it is possible to DEFEAT the TIER 12s using modest weaponry with a minimal amount of equipment extras. It also appears that the LONG and SHORT battles have maintained "parity" after this latest upgrade, so you should still be able to select either during PvP play.

BRADR752 ... what was the cost of fully equipping the new MUDFLOW TESLA? (diamonds and gold) if you can remember.

Thanks and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    BRADR752 ... what was the cost of fully equipping the new MUDFLOW TESLA? (diamonds and gold) if you can remember.

The first level was, I believe, 169, then 216.93, 293.16, 385.73 and 493.73 K making the total about 6.2 M Diamonds. I estimate this would be about 2400 in Gold.

BTW, upgrading Base Level 12 begins at 1.51 M Diamonds and goes to 2.1 M, should mean the total cost up fully upgrade Level 12 will be roughly 28 M Diamonds maybe 7200 Gold. That is roughly $250 real money buy-ins.

Can you say: KaaChing, KaaChing?
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    wow..!

ive just started tier 10..

I got screwed over on the last heavy as the leagues started swapping round constantly, well guess what.. they're at it again..!

happyhappy seems to have come out of nowhere, maybe a league from yesterday? I checked the league av8tor was leading, took a phone call came back and it had all changed.

ixIwGmd.png

and has since only played 1 game in the last 45 minutes.
  • Options
    As I added a couple more base economy in Tier 11, the payouts improved about 3K per level - a very nice thing. But, I'm seeing more Tier 12 before their planed time to appear (but inevitable), and diamonds are as you say starting to be burned up. I'm definetly starting to feel like a sky rocket running out of fuel, and fizziling out. Between talk of 494k weapon upgrades and 2.1 base upgrades, I think I will put a hold on base upgrades, and semi-retire in that field. I'm seeing more and more very high rated AP players with even Tier 9 bases, which tells me I'm not alone.

The game is approaching quick sand rather than challange. Forcing gold buy-ins was not my idea of enjoyment. At least my Tier 4 game is still on the gentle rise of being fun and rewarding at the same time. It's not my nature to give up, but I know when I see a geometric progression of a game like this, it means it's stacked against everyone. Glu does not seem to keep parity between what's required, and what we want to give, time and or money.