Options

GLOBAL 07/16/2015 and LEAGUE PVP

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    LMAO ... maybe ... I don't think there's anyone (relatively speaking) playing MIRN else there would be more complaints.

You should try it. They improved the graphics engine by 10x fold. That's about it, same concept as this game. There shouldn't be any problems for MIRN because it's CKS 4.0. They should have been able to fix the problems and upgrade the game at the same time. The last time I checked Glu's earnings, CKS: Sniper generated 6 million, I wonder if they're stupid enough to kill this game off and restart with MIRN.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    skywave wrote: »
    some player on silver league vary fast to reach 500 league VP, i think he have a lot of $ to spend a lot of gold to get 500+ league VP,

500 VP in a League Event? All I can say is WOW ... the maximum possible FREE VP in a league event is 144, if anyone is interested, and the "practical" human limit in a 24 hour period is 432 (3xFREE + 6xGOLD per hour) just to put 500 VP in perspective. Anything beyond that borders on "inhuman" or "insanity".

Definitely NOT impossible and my only explanation would be a LOST LEADER in a Silver League Event with nothing else better to do.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Google ANDROID 07/20/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #1

league_event_20150720.png

Global Event: 20 PARTS
    Day #1: 10 PARTS

30 PARTS down, 20 PARTS to go

The Silver League competition is getting stronger as well; 300 VP is the new DAY #1 Target for winning this event outright, up from 200-250; a far cry from the days of 35 PARTS in Global and winning DAY #1 for 20 PARTS (TOP 3 FINISH) for the wrap up.

I suppose I can get in my target practice during SNIPER week.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Crafted Dominion, but not equipped. Now getting much better returns on long attacks, this gun is worth the price of admission! This tier 11 level is a lot of fun, and only had one pvp glitch restart the game.

My tier 6 game is getting much tougher, even though none of the 4 won weapons are crafted, it's like they're starting to count against my matchups? Weapon upgrades are tied to region advancement.

Didn't make silver league on second game this weekend, so 20 useless parts and now just some joker drone parts to pay me off in bronze. When you've got 4k weapons and always matched up to 8 to 20k bases, you have to switch to a dwindling supply of revenge matches. Even with the 5k bases, the bosses are so hardened that 180 secs of constant fire hardly budges their health.

The old ways of competing in these new high (12x weapons) end events don't work anymore. I'll never be able to sync myself up.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Crafted Dominion, but not equipped. Now getting much better returns on long attacks, this gun is worth the price of admission! This tier 11 level is a lot of fun, and only had one pvp glitch restart the game.

My tier 6 game is getting much tougher, even though none of the 4 won weapons are crafted, it's like they're starting to count against my matchups? Weapon upgrades are tied to region advancement.

Didn't make silver league on second game this weekend, so 20 useless parts and now just some joker drone parts to pay me off in bronze. When you've got 4k weapons and always matched up to 8 to 20k bases, you have to switch to a dwindling supply of revenge matches. Even with the 5k bases, the bosses are so hardened that 180 secs of constant fire hardly budges their health.

The old ways of competing in these new high (12x weapons) end events don't work anymore. I'll never be able to sync myself up.

Firstly ... Never Say Never ... you just need to get more creative ... there's always a way !!! The DOMINION was this week's weapon prize (TESLA) and if your 20 parts are useless because you didn't make Silver League, how did you craft this weapon? You've got me a little confused at the moment?
  • Options
    Silver League Event DAY #2 is shaping up to be much of the same from DAY #1 ... final results will list multiple 100 VP scores extending to well below RANK #10 with 2 or 3 exceeding the former 200 VP BASELINE.

There is no way to "fix" the league competition, per se. There are simply too many individuals competing for too few weapons parts. The ONLY and BEST solution is to fix the award structure on the front end; the GLOBAL EVENT milestone and award structure needs to be redesigned to bring it in line with the increasing number of players and their associated increasing scoring trends.

But as I've said in the past ... nobody at GLU is listening or even cares.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Were you around the last time they changed the awards structure? The old prize structure was top 5 and 15 for weapons, all other cutoffs half of current. I did 2 top 5 finishes and it involved 6 to 8 hours of steady play for 4 days. The change improved the game. They should do it again.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Google ANDROID 07/20/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #1

league_event_20150720.png

30 PARTS down, 20 PARTS to go

The Silver League competition is getting stronger as well; 300 VP is the new DAY #1 Target for winning this event outright, up from 200-250; a far cry from the days of 35 PARTS in Global and winning DAY #1 for 20 PARTS (TOP 3 FINISH) for the wrap up.

I suppose I can get in my target practice during SNIPER week.

*** SMILES ***

Day 1 on iOS was not to bad I ended on first rank with 220 vp . And that because a guy raise the prices by getting 178 points by 3pm so we have to chase him. So I craft my gun on first day 😃
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Were you around the last time they changed the awards structure? The old prize structure was top 5 and 15 for weapons, all other cutoffs half of current. I did 2 top 5 finishes and it involved 6 to 8 hours of steady play for 4 days. The change improved the game. They should do it again.

Yeah that could work. The biggest problem is getting GLU to do anything at all. Clearly what's in place is counter productive for both players and GLU's money maker. Dozens of "TOP" players have abandoned the game and more are becoming disgruntled every week. Do they have any pride or integrity at all?

Do it for the money ... but do SOMETHING ... SMH
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think you're the one confused!

I can't be both Tier 11 and Tier 6 at the same time, or can I? You've never been able to grasp that I play on two devices with the same game and same handle. What's fun was at one time I was in a clan and also a silver league event with both devices! If you think the possibility of attacking myself was impossible, you'd be misstaken!

Tier 11+ guys have it easy, making more diamonds with unequipped Dominion, and virtually unbroken win streak weeks. Tier 8 and under have a very different experience with this game without a lot of gold (hence your solution - "there's always a way") being spent! Other than spinning the wheel for parts, that weapon in Tier 6 is toast, and some of the guys in my Tier 6 clan are in the same boat.
  • Options
    The kicker here is that the problem is specifice to the Android platform, and they have never altered the game rules for one platform. IOS is fair at current levels and Amazon is a joke. The only thing I have ever known Glu to do that was platform specific, other than upgrade rollouts, was to screw up tournaments in Android.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Day 1 on iOS was not to bad I ended on first rank with 220 vp . And that because a guy raise the prices by getting 178 points by 3pm so we have to chase him. So I craft my gun on first day ��

Dear R1gol1n

So what you actually say is that you paid a load of money, just so that you can craft you weapon on day 1.
    What is bad with day 2 or day 3? Will you not be playing tomorrow?
    You made an investment by getting a new device and still putting money in the game, HOPING and BEGGING Glu not to s c r e w you up, on a game with a very short expiry date that it's already collapsing.

I truly am sorry for being harsh, I know probably I should not care what you do with your $ but you seem like a good guy and you deserved to hear this stuff. This is exactly the cases Angels is crying out loud for.

I just don't want to see another person spamming the forum like like Sono69 or streetboy124, claiming you didn't know.

I apologize once again.

Friendly,

NK14 (who's just sick of the online whiners...)
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I think you're the one confused!

I can't be both Tier 11 and Tier 6 at the same time, or can I? You've never been able to grasp that I play on two devices with the same game and same handle. What's fun was at one time I was in a clan and also a silver league event with both devices! If you think the possibility of attacking myself was impossible, you'd be misstaken!

Tier 11+ guys have it easy, making more diamonds with unequipped Dominion, and virtually unbroken win streak weeks. Tier 8 and under have a very different experience with this game without a lot of gold (hence your solution - "there's always a way") being spent! Other than spinning the wheel for parts, that weapon in Tier 6 is toast, and some of the guys in my Tier 6 clan are in the same boat.

LOL TRY_AGAIN plays on two devices ... there I've made a mental note of it ** SMILES **

It's not that I can't remember (GRASP) that you play on two platforms, rather the TRY_AGAIN circumstances have not been elevated to a level for me to remember the details ... that has just changed.

You might try prefacing your comments by stating that the following applies to this platform, complete your thoughts, then move on to the other platform.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The kicker here is that the problem is specifice to the Android platform, and they have never altered the game rules for one platform. IOS is fair at current levels and Amazon is a joke. The only thing I have ever known Glu to do that was platform specific, other than upgrade rollouts, was to screw up tournaments in Android.

Whilst these issues seem to plague the Google Android platform for now, these are the very early symptoms that often and eventually bring down an entire system if it isn't addressed early on. All it would take is a sudden increase in IOS players and WHAM you've got two platforms hanging on by their fingernails. Of course, Amazon has so few players, that platform will never be affected by this issue.

From a management perspective, the only thing that even resembles a reasonable decision on the part of GLU is that they plan on retiring the game long before the problem spreads system-wide (more mixed signals).

Similar to not mitigating a virus threat because you plan to replace the servers in the near future; I don't know a single manager who would gamble his livelihood on this type of philosophy ... GLU is the exception obviously.

But with all things IT, plans rarely are implemented as intended and therein lies the rub. Loose Android every so often and it's a blip on the profits curve ... loose IOS and ANDROID simultaneously and it flat lines.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    Dear R1gol1n

So what you actually say is that you paid a load of money, just so that you can craft you weapon on day 1.
    What is bad with day 2 or day 3? Will you not be playing tomorrow?
    You made an investment by getting a new device and still putting money in the game, HOPING and BEGGING Glu not to s c r e w you up, on a game with a very short expiry date that it's already collapsing.

I truly am sorry for being harsh, I know probably I should not care what you do with your $ but you seem like a good guy and you deserved to hear this stuff. This is exactly the cases Angels is crying out loud for.

I just don't want to see another person spamming the forum like like Sono69 or streetboy124, claiming you didn't know.

I apologize once again.

Friendly,

NK14 (who's just sick of the online whiners...)

Hey I'm sorry that other be having a bad day, I was there on same position, and I know that it sucks. Unfurtunally the ones that can fix this mess just don't care.
    Who remember the day when the game didn't work for weeks.. Don't remember what was the problem, I never was able to fix the problem on my side. I try to install again the game and just didn't work. So I have to start from beginning. When I was close to top 20 on all time leader board.. So I know how it feels.
    How many times do you have though on delete the dam game? Me I lost the count. But we still here hoping that the problems be fix.

Sorry !!
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Hey I'm sorry that other be having a bad day, I was there on same position, and I know that it sucks. Unfurtunally the ones that can fix this mess just don't care.
    Who remember the day when the game didn't work for weeks.. Don't remember what was the problem, I never was able to fix the problem on my side. I try to install again the game and just didn't work. So I have to start from beginning. When I was close to top 20 on all time leader board.. So I know how it feels.
    How many times do you have though on delete the dam game? Me I lost the count. But we still here hoping that the problems be fix.

Sorry !!

I must have missed something ... why are you apologizing? You've done nothing wrong; you're a big boy and can make you're own decisions.
  • Options
    One of the strangest aspects of CKS is the concept of success. Different people measure success in different ways. Some measure their success in how much or how little they spend, others by the power rating of the weapons they own but the one thing we all have in common is that we are all losers, yet we are successful.

No other game, that I have ever played anyways, has such a unique concept for success. Realistically speaking, how many of us have actually WON an event? Personally I have NEVER won a Global and the closest I have EVER come is RANK #42 and #43. I've WON several Silver League Events outright ... in a bracket comprised of 25-30 other players, half of whom were easy pickings with a handful already dead on arrival.

The bottom line is we LOVE to LOSE ... or at best we love the success of competing and surviving ...
    ... WE DO LOVE TO FIGHT !!!

I once had a personal goal of an all out assault in an attempt to actually WIN something.

Just a cynical gambler's take on this game ... I do love it so.

SILVER LEAGUE DAY #2 FINAL RESULTS coming in 3 HOURS.
  • Options
    One of the strangest aspects of CKS is the concept of success. Different people measure success in different ways. Some measure their success in how much or how little they spend, others by the power rating of the weapons they own but the one thing we all have in common is that we are all losers, yet we are successful.

No other game, that I have ever played anyways, has such a unique concept for success. Realistically speaking, how many of us have actually WON an event? Personally I have NEVER won a Global and the closest I have EVER come is RANK #42 and #43. I've WON several Silver League Events outright ... in a bracket comprised of 25-30 other players, half of which were easy pickings with a handful already dead on arrival.

The bottom line is we LOVE to LOSE ... or at best we love the success of competing ...
    ... we do love to fight !!!

Just a cynical gambler's take on this game ...

SILVER LEAGUE DAY #2 FINAL RESULTS coming in 3 HOURS.

This is where we will disagree. I've been playing this game since December and took a 4 month hiatus and just reached tier 11 without spending any MONEY. That's right! I have a great tesla and heavy gun without needing to spend a single cent. Success is measured one way and that's how far you've advanced in the game by spending as little money as possible. Anyone could drop 10,000 dollars on gold and get a maxed out drone, base and weapons. I EARNED MY SUCCESS AND BASE.
  • Options
    This is where we will disagree. I've been playing this game since December and took a 4 month hiatus and just reached tier 11 without spending any MONEY. That's right! I have a great tesla and heavy gun without needing to spend a single cent. Success is measured one way and that's how far you've advanced in the game by spending as little money as possible. Anyone could drop 10,000 dollars on gold and get a maxed out drone, base and weapons. I EARNED MY SUCCESS AND BASE.

YES ... we are ALL successful in one way or another, yet we are all losers. Let us not confuse the two.
  • Options
    YES ... we are ALL successful in one way or another, yet we are all losers.

Not me. When Contract Killer:Sniper dies, everything you have achieved in this game and your money wasted will be forever lost. When I walk away, I will have lost nothing. I'll be the winner. I played this game and enjoyed it for FREE!
  • Options
    Not me. When Contract Killer:Sniper dies, everything you have achieved in this game and your money wasted will be forever lost. When I walk away, I will have lost nothing. I'll be the winner. I played this game and enjoyed it for FREE!

Touche my friend ... touche !!! but even then you will have lost the most precious of all ... your time ... and your time is more valuable than any amount of money.
  • Options
    Touche my friend ... touche !!! but even then you will have lost the most precious of all ... your time ... and your time is more valuable than any amount of money.

I thought you'd say something like that. I'm currently on summer break and have 24/7 to play this game. When school starts again for me, I'll be gone but I'll provide screenshots of my character.
  • Options
    I thought you'd say something like that. I'm currently on summer break and have 24/7 to play this game. When school starts again for me, I'll be gone but I'll provide screenshots of my character.

Screenshots of what? The topic of conversation was SUCCESS vs LOSING TIME vs MONEY ... screenshots will do nothing at all to substantiate anything along those lines ... I will concede that we can agree to disagree however.

We all have lied ... not one of us has ever spent a dime on this game ... now you know the truth ... the question is are you willing to accept the truth?
  • Options
    Google ANDROID 07/21/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #2

league_event_20150721.png

Day #2: 12 PARTS

42 PARTS down, 8 PARTS to go

Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Google ANDROID 07/21/2015 SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #2

league_event_20150721.png

Day #2: 12 PARTS

42 PARTS down, 8 PARTS to go

Good Hunting !!!

Word on the street is you are blond, is it true? ;-)

PS. We're waiting for you...sooner or later...

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    We all have lied ... not one of us has ever spent a dime on this game ... now you know the truth ... the question is are you willing to accept the truth?

Not me. I have never lied on here. I have spent a few dollars on this game, but I think someone deserves a little kickback if I'm going to play a game nearly daily. If it's that good I keep playing, they should get something for it. The question is how much vs the quality vs fun vs frustration. Problem is, a lot of people think everything in this world should be free AND of quality. I don't mind throwing a few bucks their way, but I do expect quality and customer service when there are problems. The last two items have been lacking. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me a quick break from time to time to jump on and play. I wouldn't be wasting my summer playing a game if I were that young and on break.

Some people measure success by how much they can get away with for free, but for free you need to spend A LOT of time on this game, and sign up for countless offers for the free gold. Some measure success by having enough money in their accounts they can afford to spend a little on games and free up their time for other things. Success in game should only be measured by how strong you are and what weapons you have, despite how you got them. Angels claims superiority (ego trip much?) because they did it all for free. Others will claim superiority by spending their free time doing more than playing the game and having the money to advance. Either way, as long as your not hacking or cheating somehow, it comes down to how strong your base, weapons, and drone are.
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Not me. I have never lied on here. I have spent a few dollars on this game, but I think someone deserves a little kickback if I'm going to play a game nearly daily. If it's that good I keep playing, they should get something for it. The question is how much vs the quality vs fun vs frustration. Problem is, a lot of people think everything in this world should be free AND of quality. I don't mind throwing a few bucks their way, but I do expect quality and customer service when there are problems. The last two items have been lacking. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me a quick break from time to time to jump on and play. I wouldn't be wasting my summer playing a game if I were that young and on break.

Some people measure success by how much they can get away with for free, but for free you need to spend A LOT of time on this game, and sign up for countless offers for the free gold. Some measure success by having enough money in their accounts they can afford to spend a little on games and free up their time for other things. Success in game should only be measured by how strong you are and what weapons you have, despite how you got them. Angels claims superiority (ego trip much?) because they did it all for free. Others will claim superiority by spending their free time doing more than playing the game and having the money to advance. Either way, as long as your not hacking or cheating somehow, it comes down to how strong your base, weapons, and drone are.

Hear ... Hear ... I couldn't have said it better ... now THIS MAN deserves a WEAPON ... well said.
  • Options
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #3 is shaping up to be a typical 3rd league day, nothing remarkable happening. Warriors stitching up their wounds from battle, taking weapons inventory and mopping up those missing weapons parts.

I must say, It felt GREAT to be back in the saddle again after yet another extended sidelines visit.

KUDOS
  • Options
    NK14 wrote: »
    Word on the street is you are blond, is it true? ;-)

PS. We're waiting for you...sooner or later...

Cheers

I read your preliminary analysis ... NO I'm not blond ... YES I'm coming over (just not sure exactly when as yet) and I'm coming for YOU !!!

**SMILES**
  • Options
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT DAY #3 is shaping up to be a typical 3rd league day, nothing remarkable happening. Warriors stitching up their wounds from battle, taking weapons inventory and mopping up those missing weapons parts.

I must say, It felt GREAT to be back in the saddle again.

KUDOS

PVP Events are what makes this game fun, but it is more fun if you get a weapon when it is all over.

This weekend will be Sniper Global. While it may be fun to compete for a 12.5 Sniper, I have a much cheaper alternative. Right now there is a 12.0 Raven Sniper on sale for $4.5 M game dollars and a 12.5 Raven Elite for 480 Gold. Either will get you through the next Campaign. I picked up the Elite, which relieves the pressure for a TOP 30 finish this weekend.

Last month the Flue Elite that was offered was the same as the TOP 10 weapon, and the cash only Flute was identical to Cllarinet which was the Top 30 prize.