Options

9/17 TESLA Global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
New Content Update on IOS added the Nebula Tesla, 14.5, 1.54M/1.52M, which probably means tomorrow's Global will be for a Tesla. The Nebula will be the top 30 gun, with the top 10 added at the Global open.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    I almost didn't start a Global thread this week on the theory that the Global has become a non-event. The guys who will win the weapons don't need them, they already have 15.5 weapons. I may suspend my IOS reports or at least cut back on them since even I don't care about the standings any more.

There are some potential events that may merit discussion: We might get a new Tier on Friday and the VIP and Super VIP may or may not prove interesting.

The Clan prize could be the long awaited 740 K Rocket Launcher, which would be worth the battle.

Hopefully something interesting will develop otherwise I may be forced to ignore the Global entirely.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    That would be interesting. Amazon's store has a name you and Scorpion are familiar with, the Black Hole 1.84/2.83M tesla as parts.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    That would be interesting. Amazon's store has a name you and Scorpion are familiar with, the Black Hole 1.84/2.83M tesla as parts.

The Black Hole is a better gun. I have 40 parts for it. However, Glu has a long history of not reoffering weapons, so I expect to see a new one, or at least a new name attached to the same specs as the Black Hole.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    New Content Update on IOS added the Nebula Tesla, 14.5, 1.54M/1.52M, which probably means tomorrow's Global will be for a Tesla. The Nebula will be the top 30 gun, with the top 10 added at the Global open.

Now that's strange ... I would have expected another BLACK HOLE (clone) being offered ... this is a sub-par weapon. What's worse is they're putting up a low rated 14.5 TESLA less than a week before TIER 15 is released, making it almost obsolete before one can open the box. SMH

Since there might not be a SNIPER this cycle (first time that's ever happened), I don't know what to expect GLOBAL wise next week. Let us hope the VIP Event is intact because I could use a new HEAVY.

In case you forgot, you also have the QUAZAR ELITE which is a BLACK HOLE clone.

Even though GLU is at it again, the statistics gathered in these threads are vital for tracking the really important game changes as they occur
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Now that's strange ... I would have expected another BLACK HOLE (clone) being offered ... this is a sub-par weapon. What's worse is they're putting up a low rated 14.5 TESLA less than a week before TIER 15 is released, making it almost obsolete before one can open the box. SMH

In case you forgot, you also have the QAZAR ELITE which is a BLACK HOLE clone.

Yup, my Quazar Elite is still in the box.

I now anticipate the Friday VIP the way I used to look forward to the Global. Since I have the Manta Tesla 15.5 and the Silk Heavy 15.5, I am unlikely to hit the Super this week. The change in Global offerings has left me a little confused. Thursday is a non-event for me, though I will be active in the Clan contest, particularly if the 740 Rocket Launcher is on offer.

Friday has two potential surprises: potential Tier 15 release (maybe) and possible 16.5 weapons (doubtful). We will soon see.
  • Options
    Yup, my Quazar Elite is still in the box.

I now anticipate the Friday VIP the way I used to look forward to the Global. Since I have the Manta Tesla 15.5 and the Silk Heavy 15.5, I am unlikely to hit the Super this week. The change in Global offerings has left me a little confused. Thursday is a non-event for me, though I will be active in the Clan contest, particularly if the 740 Rocket Launcher is on offer.

Friday has two potential surprises: potential Tier 15 release (maybe) and possible 16.5 weapons (doubtful). We will soon see.

Yeah my schedule says the 16.5s (VIP) coincide with the TIER 15 / New Region next week., but I am curious ... there's definitely nothing for you this week ... more 15.5 variations of those weapons you already have; best to try and hold on for one more week.

I suppose if they have another early release this week, we can start calling it the new schedule LOL 3 times is a charm.

This has also been the longest dry spell in recent memory; there has been nothing to compete for in weeks ... maybe it's me.
  • Options
    It is not just you. There has been nothing to compete for. Looking back over the last six weeks, I have been playing hard to maintain my AT Leaderboard status. I finished twice in the top 10 and the other 4 times in the top 30 in the last six Globals. All six weapons that I won in those Globals are still in their boxes. I have not fired a shot with any of them because they were not competitive weapons when I won them. A sad state of affairs.

None of this will prevent Androidians from running up massive AP numbers, in their quest for this week's feeble antique weapon.
  • Options
    This is true ... with every week that goes by I'm left wondering what could possibly motivate these lunatics. Every time I come up empty; it defies any "logical" explanation. Cheats, hacks, longtime legit players it makes no difference ... they keep running up the scores.
  • Options
    This Global should see the first 2.95 Drone on IOS. Patrickpiollot is at Level 148. He has played endlessly to get there. He is ranked #1 on the AT Leaderboard, 105,998 VP, 33 K ahead of 2nd place and 35 K ahead of me. There were 2 Bots with 2.95 Drones, but they were taken down by Glu a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    It's not a big deal defensively ... since they only appear on the battle field for a few seconds, the tactic is simple kill them (or the spook) before they can get a clean shot. If you see the missile lock, take the kill shot, duck or move ... no different from any other drone. Offensively I haven't got a clue since I don't have one; I can't see a drone doing any better than a grenade or rocket (probably not as effective), BUT the drone is free to use in battle whereas there is a cost associated with grenades.

Another advantage of the drone is that it can get a kill shot at the spook long before I can. I'm often standing there with a stupid look on my face while LITTLE ME wins the battle. There have been occasions where the drone has ended the battle before I make my first move forward, so it can shorten the elapsed time of the battle under the right circumstances.

One thing I noticed about rockets is that the drone isn't consistently accurate. Sometimes it will
    score direct hits and cause massive damage, other times it will miss entirely. It's unfortunate that we don't have an offensive missile lock.

Time will tell just how powerful these little buggers can get.
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    It's not a big deal defensively ... since they only appear on the battle field for a few seconds, the tactic is simple kill them (or the spook) before they can get a clean shot. If you see the missile lock, take the kill shot, duck or move ... no different from any other drone. Offensively I haven't got a clue since I don't have one; I can't see a drone doing any better than a grenade or rocket (probably not as effective), BUT the drone is free to use in battle whereas there is a cost associated with grenades.

Another advantage of the drone is that it can get a kill shot at the spook long before I can. I'm often standing there with a stupid look on my face while LITTLE ME wins the battle. There have been occasions where the drone has ended the battle before I make my first move forward, so it can shorten the elapsed time of the battle under the right circumstances.

One thing I noticed about rockets is that the drone isn't consistently accurate. Sometimes it will
    score direct hits and cause massive damage, other times it will miss entirely. It's unfortunate that we don't have an offensive missile lock.

Time will tell just how powerful these little buggers can get.

I have observed that the missile is not guided, like the turret. That is why the drone misses. It fires when the target is standing and the target ducks. Or fires at a moving target.

Oh, to have wire guidance.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    I have observed that the missile is not guided, like the turret. That is why the drone misses. It fires when the target is standing and the target ducks. Or fires at a moving target.

Oh, to have wire guidance.

I concur ... the one wish list item for me would be to be able to control the drone to some degree; even selecting it's target would be great. I haven't been able to discern any rhyme or reason why the drone fires on certain targets and ignores others.

Have you?
  • Options
    I concur ... the one wish list item for me would be to be able to control the drone to some degree; even selecting it's target would be great. I haven't been able to discern any rhyme or reason why the drone fires on certain targets and ignores others.

Have you?

So far as I have been able to discern, it appears to go after whoever is firing at the time it recharges. Recruits fire almost constantly so they get the most attention, followed by mercenarys, special forces, rockets and snipers. The only change to that is if you have a specific bad guy on a contract, then the drone will fire on him.

This comes from letting "Little Me" do lower contracts while I watch, collect the prize money and drone XP modules. On slow days I will sometimes run through all the levels letting the drone do most of the work.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 09/17/2015 3 DAYS 22.5 HOURS REMAINING:
    5,214 Registered Players (1.5 hours after start).

OK So the TOP prize is a BLACK HOLE clone named the METEOR; with the runner up prize being the NEBULA. Aside from this being a TESLA Global Event, the predictions are still accurate with regards to weapons' types and ratings.

Tomorrow's VIP / Super VIP Event could feature a 15.5 TESLA named the SCORPION; it will be the Super VIP Prize @ 7,000 GOLD, but you may want to overlook it in this event; this possibly could be a clone of a previously featured weapon.

Next week yet another clone of the 15.5 TESLA will be offered as the top VIP prize @ 3,500 GOLD; the Super VIP Prize(s) should feature a pair of 16.5 SHORT range weapons. I have no idea what the Global Event will be but I can take an educated guess ... either yet another HEAVY (scheduled) OR a SNIPER (probable). We could make the game interesting again by starting a pool and betting on what weapons will be offered in future Global Events; any takers?

The TESLA GLUT is now in full bloom.

CURRENT STATS:
    DRONE: 195K (Power) - 114/150 (Level) - 1016/1100 (XP) - 1,331,200 (Health)
    FUSES:. 40 x TIER 13 (XP-26)
    BASE: 1.47M

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23)
    ASSAULT: 14.5 IMMORTAL (acquired 07/30)
    HEAVY: 14.5 SIEGE TOWER (acquired 07/30)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Global for iOS matches the weapons.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Drone power jump to 215K is imminent, all weapons currently max out @ 369K with the exception of the rocket launcher which max's out at 215K. Support drone fuse supply is running on near empty, therefore I've decided to invest in weapons upgrades 100% or at least until I reach a milestone 369K drone.

These fused weapons parts can be recycled later on if by some chance I should acquire a new supply of support drone fuses.

I find it curious that reaching the original max'd out drone of 369K was attainable using the parts and fuses supplied via game play and that the new subsequent max'd drone level of 2.95M is practically impossible; curious indeed. This may be an inherit flaw in the drone development process itself for relative newcomers; I started playing PvP right around the time that the drone feature was first introduced.
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Global for iOS matches the weapons.

IOS operating system 9.0.1 is out and it sucks! I have slower video than before. If you have an Apple device, don't upgrade.
  • Options
    IOS operating system 9.0.1 is out and it sucks! I have slower video than before. If you have an Apple device, don't upgrade.

Any way to back out the update? On Android, similar issues with new releases have kept me at version 4.4.4 whereas the latest versions are at 5.1 and beyond. Going forward, it might be best to disable the update feature. It's been my experience that these updates sometimes only benefit newer devices and can cause problems on older ones.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Any way to back out the update? On Android, similar issues with new releases have kept me at version 4.4.4 whereas the latest versions are at 5.1 and beyond.

I had to do the exact same thing. Didn't have a backup at the time, so lost all data when I regressed to 4.4.4

If I can indulge, yet one more effect for those under Tier 12 or so - my Tier 9 game has now become successful, and on the Amazon League, I'm at rank 12 and yesterday got 100 VP, so I could probably stay near this rank and not drop out of the top 30. But, that would be suicide, and at some point will have to stop playing to get below rank 30 so I can have my 7th weapon boxed up uncrafted for future use. It's a double wammy because not getting the typical 3-10k pvp wins means slowing down base upgrades.

So to the crazy Silver League weapon crafting technique of dying on purpose to get speedy jumps when the waiting queue for 1st place to move their butts, I now have GLU forcing me to "get to the back of the line, son." Talking about no respect!

Scorpion, I need a look at Google Play rank insanity to bolster my own. Got the top 3 and #30 just for giggles?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I had to do the exact same thing. Didn't have a backup at the time, so lost all data when I regressed to 4.4.4

If I can indulge, yet one more effect for those under Tier 12 or so - my Tier 9 game has now become successful, and on the Amazon League, I'm at rank 12 and yesterday got 100 VP, so I could probably stay near this rank and not drop out of the top 30. But, that would be suicide, and at some point will have to stop playing to get below rank 30 so I can have my 7th weapon boxed up uncrafted for future use. It's a double wammy because not getting the typical 3-10k pvp wins means slowing down base upgrades.

So to the crazy Silver League weapon crafting technique of dying on purpose to get speedy jumps when the waiting queue for 1st place to move their butts, I now have GLU forcing me to "get to the back of the line, son." Talking about no respect!

Scorpion, I need a look at Google Play rank insanity to bolster my own. Got the top 3 and #30 just for giggles?

No problem ... I was planning to post standings at 3 DAYS 11 HOURS REMAINING in about 4.5 hours. LMAO

RANK#1: 11,060 AP
    RANK#30: 6,135 AP
  • Options
    I had to switch devices to re-charge my tablet. Ever receive an AMBER ALERT at the start of a PvP battle? Well I had to listen to the ALERT, obviously ... about 30 seconds. Then the game froze for about 2 minutes (good thing I let it sit) and when the FORFEIT or RESUME popup appeared, only 2.5 minutes were remaining in the battle ... luckily that was more than enough time.

So now I'm on the lookout for a black Chevy Tahoe, 4-door ... do you know how many of those are on the roads in New York?

**SMH**
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Here is an IOS update and the numbers are down with 84 hours 29 mins to go.

1 Superdad1968 6982
    2 Jamnslm 6585
    3 Susmu1336 6485

15 Tonyzapper22 3660
    16 Patrickpoillot 3585

29 Bradr752 2635
    30 Meds13 2610

With only 21 wins and 435 points, I am ranked 474. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Here is an IOS update and the numbers are down with 84 hours 29 mins to go.

1 Superdad1968 6982
    2 Jamnslm 6585
    3 Susmu1336 6485

15 Tonyzapper22 3660
    16 Patrickpoillot 3585

29 Bradr752 2635
    30 Meds13 2610

With only 21 wins and 435 points, I am ranked 474. Unbelievable.

Thanks ... can you post for IOS this week? I think BRAD has taken the day off to be with his CLAN.
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 09/17/2015 3 DAYS 11 HOURS REMAINING:
    5,214 Registered Players (1.5 hours after start).

RANK #1: 15,610 AP (TEDDY)
    RANK #2: 14,660 AP (MJURC2010)
    RANK #3: 13,710 AP (DOZER392)
    RANK #10: 11,435 AP (JACKO18)
    RANK #30: 8,530 AP (VICTOR)
    RANK #917: 351 AP (SCORPION)

Pretty much the same as last Global Event at this juncture. AP scoring almost identical.

Here's an interesting statistic: The Leaders, regardless of whom they are, scores AP at an average rate of 1,000+ AP per hour. This never EVER waivers and is so consistent, one could practically set their watch by it. That's a victory every 1.5 minutes for as long as that player leads, which at times is the duration of the Global (96 HOURS). Admittedly, these newcomers do not have the "staying power" the old timers once exhibited, but it is truly a test in stamina.

Boring ... Y-A-W-N

CURRENT STATS:
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 20/1115 (XP) - 1,433,600 (Health)
    FUSES:. 36 x TIER 13 (XP-26)
    BASE: 1.47M

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23)
    ASSAULT: 14.5 IMMORTAL (acquired 07/30)
    HEAVY: 14.5 SIEGE TOWER (acquired 07/30)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    AMBER ALERT (see above) has been lifted and the missing girl is back home ... now I can get back to my game ** SMILES **
  • Options
    IOS update with 80 hours 3 mins to go.

1 Superdad1968 11,862
    2 Jamnslm 8,585
    3 Journey1 6,807
    4 Susmu1336 6,560

9 TonyZapper22 5,046
    19 PatrickPoillot 4,046

25 Bradr752 3,685
    30 AlHappy 3,235

32 wins and 710 points, ranked 317.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, Concerned. Patrick just upgraded to a 2.95M Drone, the first on IOS.
  • Options
    Drone power jump to 215K is imminent, all weapons currently max out @ 369K with the exception of the rocket launcher which max's out at 215K. Support drone fuse supply is running on near empty, therefore I've decided to invest in weapons upgrades 100% or at least until I reach a milestone 369K drone.

These fused weapons parts can be recycled later on if by some chance I should acquire a new supply of support drone fuses.

I find it curious that reaching the original max'd out drone of 369K was attainable using the parts and fuses supplied via game play and that the new subsequent max'd drone level of 2.95M is practically impossible; curious indeed. This may be an inherit flaw in the drone development process itself for relative newcomers; I started playing PvP right around the time that the drone feature was first introduced.

drone_215k.png

The end of drone development has arrived. The remaining fuses 36x26 will not be enough for the next power jump. The best I can do at this point is max out the weapons *** SMH ***
  • Options
    I have done the campaign missions a bunch for the XP modules and have had the benefit of Gold League 32XP milestones, but at Level 39, I still have enough modules to get me to Level 147. Unfortunately, most of that is in 4XP modules. Get over to the Campaign page every hour and pick up some modules. I see a 2.95M Drone in your future.
  • Options

I am currently using an iPad4 without the new IOS update and I am starting experiencing video issues again and most of them have started today. The video lag is back with a vengeance. Yesterday, the lag was only occasionally annoying , but today it is starting to affect the targeting again. So what ever changes GLU made to game in today's content updates, it looks like they are "breaking" the game game again instead of fixing it.