Options

9/17 TESLA Global

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have done the campaign missions a bunch for the XP modules and have had the benefit of Gold League 32XP milestones, but at Level 39, I still have enough modules to get me to Level 147. Unfortunately, most of that is in 4XP modules. Get over to the Campaign page every hour and pick up some modules. I see a 2.95M Drone in your future.

The GOLD LEAGUE ... now that's worth considering, not for a weapon obviously, but just to get my hands on some fuses. Maybe next few Global / League Events ... I'll hopefully have my new weapons by then. TOUCHE !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    I have done the campaign missions a bunch for the XP modules and have had the benefit of Gold League 32XP milestones, but at Level 39, I still have enough modules to get me to Level 147. Unfortunately, most of that is in 4XP modules. Get over to the Campaign page every hour and pick up some modules. I see a 2.95M Drone in your future.

I am curious at you 4xp modules. The smallest I have are 12xp, obtained at tier 2. When did you acquire them? I play on iOS.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    I am curious at you 4xp modules. The smallest I have are 12xp, obtained at tier 2. When did you acquire them? I play on iOS.

The 4 XP modules were left overs from CKS 2.0. They had completely different types of drones back then. I sort of liked blowing them out of the sky; they were totally defensive in nature.

When they released CKS 3.0 with the new drone feature, GLU decided the old parts were worth 4 XP and 8 XP. Many of us had thousands of them, so when you hear us talking about using them it means we've become desperate for fuses LMAO
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    IOS update with 75 hours 53 mins to go.

1 Superdad1968 12,082
    2 Jamnslm 9,110
    3 Journey1 7,968

14 TonyZapper22 5,296

21 Bradr752 4,689

24 PatrickPoillot 4,046

30 Clustered 3,757

44 wins and 1010 points, ranked 225.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The 4 XP modules were left overs from CKS 2.0. They had completely different types of drones back then. I sort of liked blowing them out of the sky; they were totally defensive in nature.

When they released CKS 3.0 with the new drone feature, GLU decided the old parts were worth 4 XP and 8 XP. Many of us had thousands of them, so when you hear us talking about using them it means we've become desperate for fuses LMAO

I started playing in CKS 1, evolved through the drones in CKS 2 and into this version. I agree that the drones in v2 were a joke. Haven't a drone in v3 that has been much of a challenge yet though. Maybe I could hope for being able to select targets at a level or higher. Would not do to allow picking on weaklings.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Google ANDROID GLOBAL EVENT 09/17/2015 2 DAYS 20 HOURS REMAINING:
    5,214 Registered Players (1.5 hours after start).

RANK #1: 28,896 AP (TEDDY) ... 265K Drone.
    RANK #2: 24,796 AP (MJURC2010)
    RANK #3: 21,015 AP (GUESTZESTIN) ... 215K Drone.
    RANK #10: 19,710 AP (JACKO18)
    RANK #30: 13,118 AP (DAFFA)
    RANK #468: 1,126 AP (SCORPION)

I neglected to mention that this week is an off week for VIP Events which means next week there will be two (2) VIP Events; MON-WED and FRI-SUN. Please make a note of it. Next Friday also marks the start of a new cycle with 16.5 Rated weapons being offered.

CURRENT STATS:
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 20/1115 (XP) - 1,433,600 (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (106K). RL (112K), HEALTH (113K), SHIELDS (113K)
    FUSES:. 36 x TIER 13 (XP-26)
    BASE: 1.47M

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23)
    ASSAULT: 14.5 IMMORTAL (acquired 07/30)
    HEAVY: 14.5 SIEGE TOWER (acquired 07/30)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I am currently using an iPad4 without the new IOS update and I am starting experiencing video issues again and most of them have started today. The video lag is back with a vengeance. Yesterday, the lag was only occasionally annoying , but today it is starting to affect the targeting again. So what ever changes GLU made to game in today's content updates, it looks like they are "breaking" the game game again instead of fixing it.

Unfortunately, GLU can neither break or fix the frame rate drop problem. Trust me when I say there's something about or running on your device that's causing these problems. Could be anything from a background task that initiates under some strange set of circumstances to the graphics subsystem being overloaded with textures and "frames". The important thing to realize is that what ever it is, it's running on your device.

CKS in itself is definitely no technical gem when it comes to programming, but in this case, GLU cannot and will not fix it.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I am currently using an iPad4 without the new IOS update and I am starting experiencing video issues again and most of them have started today. The video lag is back with a vengeance. Yesterday, the lag was only occasionally annoying , but today it is starting to affect the targeting again. So what ever changes GLU made to game in today's content updates, it looks like they are "breaking" the game game again instead of fixing it.

My video is running better today with 9.0.1, but a number of people are reporting problams with video and also spontaneous game aborts. These complaints spiked yestrerday and I assumed it was 9.01, since you have problems, maybe it is something else. It would be nice if this one got fixed.

In theory, 9.0.1 is supposed to improve video. My suspision is that Glu has not yet optimized for IOS 9, and knowing Glu they may never bother.
  • Options
    Once again proving that it is impossible to predict what Glu will do, there is no VIP today, at least on IOS. We will see if they release Tier 15.
  • Options
    My video is running better today with 9.0.1, but a number of people are reporting problams with video and also spontaneous game aborts. These complaints spiked yestrerday and I assumed it was 9.01, since you have problems, maybe it is something else. It would be nice if this one got fixed.

In theory, 9.0.1 is supposed to improve video. My suspision is that Glu has not yet optimized for IOS 9, and knowing Glu they may never bother.

Spontaneous application aborts or exits are usually caused by the device being under stress and short on resources; mainly available HEAP space. The OS protects itself above all else and when an app starts using too many resources, it terminates it; sometimes without warning.

There is a reserved amount of memory called the HEAP and some of it is used whenever a task is initiated, whether by you or the system itself. Many of the OS tasks run in the background practically invisible to the average user. Identifying the culprit unfortunately requires some technical knowledge and access to system level settings. Unfortunately, most Apple users have neither.
  • Options
    Once again proving that it is impossible to predict what Glu will do, there is no VIP today, at least on IOS. We will see if they release Tier 15.

It's an off week my friend ... there will be two VIP Events next week; this is usually the case ... I call it the OMEGA - ALPHA effect LOL it happens at the end of one cycle and the beginning of the next.

Here's a quick guide to VIP Events:

WEEK #4: OMEGA (end of cycle - MON-WED)
    WEEK #4: ALPHA (beginning of cycle - FRI-SUN)
    WEEK #1: FRI-SUN
    WEEK #2: FRI-SUN - rarely this one might occur on MON-WED (don't know why)
    WEEK #3: *** OFF *** where we are right now.
    WEEK #4: .....

I'm hesitant to move all of this up a week to coincide with the NEW early release schedule for fear it will confuse players even more. **SMILES** But it is easy to get accustomed to VIP Events occurring on Fridays, as illustrated above.

I'm sure the reshuffling of the Global Events adds to the confusion.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts

Just my 2 cents (well maybe a penny), MIRN just had a content update yesterday with a very long awaited Tier 6 and new region, so it's quite possible this has a cascade effect if the programmers are multi tasking, although the games are so similar, this isn't a stretch to say. What's nice here too, is the PVP matches have added complexity, too. Currently, I'm rank 1 in the global.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents (well maybe a penny), MIRN just had a content update yesterday with a very long awaited Tier 6 and new region, so it's quite possible this has a cascade effect if the programmers are multi tasking, although the games are so similar, this isn't a stretch to say. What's nice here too, is the PVP matches have added complexity, too. Currently, I'm rank 1 in the global.

It's no stretch and you're dead on ... question: is your new region LOCKED or playable?
  • Options

Congratulations on being 1st. It looks to me like you a way in first. Once again, on Amazon a Top 30 finish is possible using only free Energy credits. Tenth place has 2546 AP and 30th has only 1510 AP. TOOBAD just played 1 PVP and 3 AP puts him in 2145th place.

Amazon is certainly the platform of choice for the player on a limited budget.
  • Options
    Congratulations on being 1st. It looks to me like you a way in first. Once again, on Amazon a Top 30 finish is possible using only free Energy credits. Tenth place has 2546 AP and 30th has only 1510 AP. TOOBAD just played 1 PVP and 3 AP puts him in 2145th place.

Amazon is certainly the platform of choice for the player on a limited budget.

Whilst true that those on a limited budget may find Amazon more to their liking, it is the exact opposite of Google ... on Google there are too many players and on Amazon there aren't enough players. I don't want to minimize what AT Leaders have accomplished, but it's sort of like being the home run king on a AAA Farm Club ... not that you didn't hit those home runs, it's just that nobody cares ...

most unfortunate indeed.
  • Options
    Yes, MIRN "The Nomads" region 5 is open. A bit barren, but levels are new with a multiple level airport, hotel room and hotel stairwell. Only 1 intel, and harvesting crystals for base.

You'd be interested to know that drones are maxed out at 5,760 right now. Players concentrate on upgrading addons since no high power ones have shown up, yet.

And yes you're both right about Amazon. It's not even close to the fame you both have tasted, but just the prizes you get is enjoyable. Have won one Silver League 3 day 1st prize, and now in heavy glut, with that global being repeated.

Also have a VIP event release, and I see paying customers with weapons worthy of Tier 8 bases, 2 ahead of current.
  • Options
    Whilst true that those on a limited budget may find Amazon more to their liking, it is the exact opposite of Google ... on Google there are too many players and on Amazon there aren't enough players. I don't want to minimize what AT Leaders have accomplished, but it's sort of like being the home run king on a AAA Farm Club ... not that you didn't hit those home runs, it's just that nobody cares ...

most unfortunate indeed.

While TOOBAD does not play the Amazon platform any longer, I do check in every Global to see the competition. I play 1 or 2 PVPs, to see how deep the field is. The answer: not very deep. Based on those few PVPs they put me in the Bronze League, and I win prizes every day, even though I don't play single PVP. Last week, I placed first one day without ever playing a PVP. There were never more than three in my bracket so a won prizes every day without playing.

Interestingly, first place this week is over 10K, but 2nd is only 6K.
  • Options
    I will add that clans do add to the fun of the game, if they are active. From game talk to books, and sports, it's a nice social plus to the game action.

Plus, I've had help from my clan on my other's game playing "point" guard, advancing 1st place that I don't need, he does, and being able to make far more diamonds, than doing the holding pattern for hot potato. There's also the banter of, I'll hold back if you need the parts, so it's quite beneficial.

The good leaders are active recruiters as well.
  • Options
    I will add that clans do add to the fun of the game, if they are active. From game talk to books, and sports, it's a nice social plus to the game action.

Plus, I've had help from my clan on my other's game playing "point" guard, advancing 1st place that I don't need, he does, and being able to make far more diamonds, than doing the holding pattern for hot potato. There's also the banter of, I'll hold back if you need the parts, so it's quite beneficial.

The good leaders are active recruiters as well.

My involvement in the Elites clan is central to my enjoyment of the game. I also had a great clan on the Amazon platform.
  • Options
    My involvement in the Elites clan is central to my enjoyment of the game. I also had a great clan on the Amazon platform.

I am sure I would love being part of a clan, you guys know, if nothing else, I LOVE to chat and talk about the game. My biggest draw back is that the clan achievements don't translate into personal use. Am I correct in stating that diamonds won in clan battles cannot be used personally for upgrades et al? Hell I don't even know if clans battle for diamonds ... **SMILES**

I know you're picked up some rare drone parts via clans, but what about base and weapons upgrades?

I also have another problem ... GOOGLE ... LMAO
  • Options
    I am sure I would love being part of a clan, you guys know, if nothing else, I LOVE to chat and talk about the game. My biggest draw back is that the clan achievements don't translate into personal use. Am I correct in stating that diamonds won in clan battles cannot be used personally for upgrades et al? Hell I don't even know if clans battle for diamonds ... **SMILES**

I know you're picked up some rare drone parts via clans, but what about base and weapons upgrades?

Everything works the same in a Clan. You get the Diamonds. During the Global there is a Clan prize. Total AP of Clan members is tracked and and total AP for the Clan determines the winners. All your other winnings remain the same. If your clan places high, you get a rare Drone Weapon (This week it is the coveted 740K Rocket Launcher) in addition to anything you win as an individual.

Other than being in a Clan with the potential to get Clan prizes, the game is exactly the same.

Clans are easy to join and easy to leave if you don't like it. You may want to give it try to see. The Clan listings are on the Tab next to the All-Time Leaderboard.
  • Options
    Big New Content Update (12.7Meg), but no new Region, no new Tier and no obvious bug fixes. Anybody know what we got?

Whatever it was, it probably means no Tier 15 this week, since it would have been included in the update.
  • Options
    Big New Content Update (12.7Meg), but no new Region, no new Tier and no obvious bug fixes. Anybody know what we got?

Whatever it was, it probably means no Tier 15 this week, since it would have been included in the update.

I might be wrong, but didn't the countdown to unlock a region start around 4-5 days? If so that would mean we won't see the new region until Monday. Do I sense some impatience?

I also remember the new TIER was released a day or two before the region update came down, Either way, I would start worrying if we don't get an update next week since that would mean CKS has reached the end of the road ***SMILES***

This brings up an interesting question that I've been tossing around in my head for quite some time now. Does the end of development (i.e. new regions, contracts, base tiers) necessarily mean the end of the game itself? All it really means is that there will be no more updates and upgrades, but the game could conceivably go on indefinitely and if you ask me would truly level the playing field since everyone would eventually be on the same tier, have the same drone, and have the same weapons ... the only difference being who is the BEST GLADIATOR?

Looking at it in a different way, would the game be as enjoyable without any updates or upgrdes?

Is the REAL motivating force behind the game, human greed for the bigger and better?

Food for thought eh?
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but didn't the countdown to unlock a region start around 4-5 days? If so that would mean we won't see the new region until Monday. Do I sense some impatience?

I also remember the new TIER was released a day or two before the region update came down, Either way, I would start worrying if we don't get an update next week since that would mean CKS has reached the end of the road ***SMILES***

What you sense is not impatience to tear into a new Tier ans/or Region, it is impatience to get my Drone complete. I need at least another week to do that. (I have 10 levels to go) Once they drop a new Tier on me, the Drone goes to the back burner for at least two weeks. Btw, I am revisiting Le Fusil to cop some XP modules. I start a battle, fire a single shot in the air and the drone kills everybody. I do have to press the Forward Arrow button once in a while, but otherwise he does all the work.
  • Options
    What you sense is not impatience to tear into a new Tier ans/or Region, it is impatience to get my Drone complete. I need at least another week to do that. (I have 10 levels to go) Once they drop a new Tier on me, the Drone goes to the back burner for at least two weeks. Btw, I am revisiting Le Fusil to cop some XP modules. I start a battle, fire a single shot in the air and the drone kills everybody. I do have to press the Forward Arrow button once in a while, but otherwise he does all the work.

Impatience by any other name eh buddy ... well I've noticed that the drone easily wipes out campaign mission competition as well and is capable of killing everything on it's own with little help from me; not a real measure for his effectiveness in PvP however ... but it is impressive.
  • Options
    Am I mistaken that a VIP set was to have opened today as well as the announcement of the new region?

And with this post, after nine months, I advance to junior. Yeah me!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Am I mistaken that a VIP set was to have opened today as well as the announcement of the new region?

And with this post, after nine months, I advance to junior. Yeah me!

I certainly expected a VIP today, looks like a new region is a week away. Congratulations on your promotion.
  • Options
    Another totally off topic post, but I think some players amy find this surprising.

In Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, the new region has enough diamonds (crystals) to completely stock the new Tier 6 base that was just released. It makes bases feel cheap, here it takes real effort to do the same and 2 or more weeks.

I'm sure some have already breezed through the new region too, in search of the next in-game cash weapon.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Unfortunately, GLU can neither break or fix the frame rate drop problem. Trust me when I say there's something about or running on your device that's causing these problems. Could be anything from a background task that initiates under some strange set of circumstances to the graphics subsystem being overloaded with textures and "frames". The important thing to realize is that what ever it is, it's running on your device.

CKS in itself is definitely no technical gem when it comes to programming, but in this case, GLU cannot and will not fix it.

On this particular iPad, CKS is the only thing that is running. I have shut off all notifications and never run anything else. What makes no sense is the app was running just fine with an occasional momentary video lag. Then a message pops up saying new content is available. The new content is downloaded and now there is a serious video lag. I have check my Internet connection and it is fine - 20Mbps down, 12Mbps up and 8ms latency.

Thru my years of working as an IT Manager, when a problem surfaces, the first question that "we" always ask is "did anything change?" In this case, the answer is yes new game content. The only other possible change is the release of version 9.0.1.

Now I don't know what the iPad is doing in the background, i.e. checking on the IOS version, etc. But the bottom line is the iPad was "fine" and now it is not. The iPad did not change, but the app content did and now there is video lag and freezing. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that it is suddenly an equipment problem.

That is not to say that the equipment is able to run the app efficiently, now. But the problems have to be now caused by the app not the equipment. The app is what changed. IMO
  • Options
    On this particular iPad, CKS is the only thing that is running. I have shut off all notifications and never run anything else. What makes no sense is the app was running just fine with an occasional momentary video lag. Then a message pops up saying new content is available. The new content is downloaded and now there is a serious video lag. I have check my Internet connection and it is fine - 20Mbps down, 12Mbps up and 8ms latency.

Thru my years of working as an IT Manager, when a problem surfaces, the first question that "we" always ask is "did anything change?" In this case, the answer is yes new game content. The only other possible change is the release of version 9.0.1.

Now I don't know what the iPad is doing in the background, i.e. checking on the IOS version, etc. But the bottom line is the iPad was "fine" and now it is not. The iPad did not change, but the app content did and now there is video lag and freezing. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that it is suddenly an equipment problem.

That is not to say that the equipment is able to run the app efficiently, now. But the problems have to be now caused by the app not the equipment. The app is what changed. IMO

Well we don't know what GLU does with these CONTENT UPDATES. It could be code or it could be a sale item. They've never actually announced these changes in the past. Now I'm not saying they could not have changed something that caused a problem, hell they're pretty good at that, but making a change that results in poor video is a stretch especially when it doesn't affect everyone.

It's a tough nut to crack, that's for sure ...