Options

10/01 Heavy? Global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
In an increasingly irrelevant vein, it looks like tomorrow's Global will be for a 15.5 Heavy. There are actually 3 candidates for the top 30 weapon listed in the Store inventory: The Bamboo Elite, 15.5, 3.69M/5.64M, the Mahjong, 15.5, 3.07M/5.03M and the Samsara, 15.5, 3.69M/5.64M. My guess is that the Bamboo Elite will be the top 30 weapon. None of them will fare well against Tier 15 Defenses, complete with Drone.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Just think, several months ago this was the premier competition event we all looked forward to ... the HEAVY GLOBAL ... nothing was more important and then the gaming improvements started.

We no longer compete but we do fight for diamonds to be used for updates and upgrades.

We need to spice this game up a bit ... how can we do that?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Just think, several months ago this was the premier competition event we all looked forward to ... the HEAVY GLOBAL ... nothing was more important and then the gaming improvements started.

We no longer compete but we do fight for diamonds to be used for updates and upgrades.

We need to spice this game up a bit ... how can we do that?

You could make it impossible to log on, impossible to change clans, add drones to mess up the video, do repeated game aborts, feature streak ending restarts, clog play with hundreds of pages of parts, give meaningless prizes. How is that for spice?
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    You could make it impossible to log on, impossible to change clans, add drones to mess up the video, do repeated game aborts, feature streak ending restarts, clog play with hundreds of pages of parts, give meaningless prizes. How is that for spice?

It's really that bad eh? Come on you're not helping LMAO I was thinking along the lines of some sort of lottery based on AP and RANK, but it would need to be weighted some how to give everyone an equal chance at winning **SMILES**

Seriously, I can understand the video issues but what is this new login issue? I understand people are completely locked out. CONCERNED has a fix, I believe, using a backup to iTunes and re-installing the game. It appears to work according to him.
  • Options
    Ironically, I have had my two highest Diamond days ever since the new update. The vaults are huge, the opponents are much weaker. The video issues will get better, they always have. What they need to do is not offer some new spin on competitive play, they need new scenarios, new challenges. Right now the only challenge to this game is logging in and staying on.
  • Options
    LOL I don't mean to laugh, but the opponents are weaker because you're battling with yourself ... kind of ironic when you think about it.

There's one thing I can promise ... when your drone weapons reach 1.25M it will get interesting.

I've noticed that SILVER LEAGUERS in my bracket aren't even working for the 100 GOLD milestone anymore and we haven't received the update yet.
  • Options
    I know I must sound negative and the update justifies negativity. I have spent most of the day trying simply to get back into my Clan. One third of my clan cannot even get the game to run.

That being said for me the pickings have never been better. Page load is lightening fast and PVP contests require no work at all. The 15.5 Heavy that was an antique 3 days ago is now the ULTIMATE WEAPON.

The 2.95 Drones are not a factor, the only factor here is frame rates. From the perspective of an AT leaderboard player, life just got easier because everybody else quit in disqust.

My new approach requires me to play only 4 days a week, with a budget roughly half of last month's bill. Life is good, but it could be so much better with more challenging PVP play.

BTW, we haven't yet discussed Player Challenges which are the big new feature of the new version. Get this for innovation: Player Challenges don't involve winning or losing Diamonds. What is the attraction?, you ask. You get to brag to your friends on Facebook. Now that is spice!
  • Options
    RU kidding? The player challenge is for bragging rights? No rewards? For this they probably spent weeks developing and brought down the severs for hours? No fixes ...

If you want to call it quits now, I won't talk you out of it.

I keep hearing about these huge vaults but no numbers. What are we talking about here 200K, 300K?
  • Options
    RU kidding? The player challenge is for bragging rights? No rewards? For this they probably spent weeks developing and brought down the severs for hours? No fixes ...

If you want to call it quits now, I won't talk you out of it.

I keep hearing about these huge vaults but no numbers. What are we talking about here 200K, 300K?

My Vault threshhold is now 90K, which I normally get in the first 4 opponents. My average is probably just under 100K and my max so far is 118 K.

And, wait for it, I am running out of Drone parts pages! The Vaults are so large that I can fuse massive number of 410 and 510 K parts very quickly. I am going to have to move to Base upgrade while I build up my supply. I currently have 5 1/2 pages.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    My Vault threshhold is now 90K, which I normally get in the first 4 opponents. My average is probably just under 100K and my max so far is 118 K.

And, wait for it, I am running out of Drone parts pages! The Vaults are so large that I can fuse massive number of 410 and 510 K parts very quickly. I am going to have to move to Base upgrade while I build up my supply. I currently have 5 1/2 pages.

I have to echo on the vault sizes also. In my last 20 battles, the smallest vault has been 75.9K. The largest vault has been 111.79K. I have had only 3 vaults in the 75-80K, 7 vaults in the 85-90K, 5 vaults in the 90-95K, and 5 vaults over 100K.

Before the update, my vaults were in all the 60-80K range. Now after the update, I have average 88.79K per vault.
  • Options
    It is a Heavy Global:

Bamboo Elite 15.5, 3.69M
    Mahjong, 15.5, 3.07M

Clan Prize: 740K Machine Gun
  • Options
    That's good news ... I've routinely run into 100K vaults since TIER 14 but the average vault size had slipped a bit to 65K so a smallest size of 75K with an average of 90K+ is welcomed.

With respect to drone parts, I look at it this way. Your only reliable source for parts are the Global Events, the #3 on the AT List has now retired, your support drone is at 2.95M, the drone weapons are your only concern outside of the base.

Time to turn on the cruise control and save your $$$
  • Options
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 2.5M (80% upgraded)
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 124/1115 (XP) - 1,433,600 (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (140K), RL (134K), HR (140K), SG (140K)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 352P (10,560)

FUSES:
    13 x TIER 13 (XP-32); 32 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 12 x TIER 14 (XP-22);
    06 x TIER 13 (XP-21); 12 x TIER 12 (XP-20); 30 x TIER 07 (XP-19); 30 x TIER 06 (XP-18);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE; 16.5 COUGAR (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23); 15.5 MANTA (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    ASSAULT: 15.5 MORLOCK (acquired 09/25); 95% upgraded
    HEAVY: 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/25); 20% upgraded

Slowly but surely accumulating drone fuses for the jump to 369K on the support drone. Development has resumed at a modest pace. Number of drone weapons parts down to 10,560; approaching 215K ceiling on power.

With the new, yet to be received, update it's getting harder and harder to take drone development seriously but I do need somewhere to stash my diamonds right?

I'll need a 16.5 TESLA (or better) within the next few weeks. Could push it to 8 weeks if I decide to upgrade the "reserved" 15.5 MANTA. An 18.5 would be frightening, but I think we've seen the last of the massive weapons.

I received 5,000 GOLD from GLU for bringing to their attention the pricing discrepancies present in the GOLD Packages ... will wonders ever cease? That's TOOBAD.

Next worthwhile VIP Event should be on 10/26; please make a note of it.

Brace yourselves for TIER 16 (obviously an EVEN numbered tier) for it shall knock your socks off when you see the costs of upgrading.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Here is my rig for the Global:

BASE: 1.97M (ECONOMY UPGRADES ONLY)
    DRONE: 2.95M
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG, HR &SG 740K UPGRADED 6/20 LEVELS TO 1.07M, RL 740K UPGRADED 5 LEVELS TO 970k
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 1 PAGE, 30 TOTAL

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: CHEETAH, 16,5, 4.29M, No upgrades
    ASSAULT: BLACKTHORN, 17.5, 13.04M, 95% upgraded
    TESLA: APHRODITE,17.5, 12.29 No upgrades
    HEAVY: KARMA, 17.5, 14.75 No upgrades.

I am about to run out of Drone Weapons parts as a result of my recent wipe, so I will turn to Base upgrades.
  • Options
    Here is my rig for the Global:

BASE: 1.97M (ECONOMY UPGRADES ONLY)
    DRONE: 2.95M
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG, HR &SG 740K UPGRADED 6/20 LEVELS TO 1.07M, RL 740K UPGRADED 5 LEVELS TO 970k
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 1 PAGE, 30 TOTAL

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: CHEETAH, 16,5, 4.29M, No upgrades
    ASSAULT: BLACKTHORN, 17.5, 13.04M, 95% upgraded
    TESLA: APHRODITE,17.5, 12.29 No upgrades
    HEAVY: KARMA, 17.5, 14.75 No upgrades.

I am about to run out of Drone Weapons parts as a result of my recent wipe, so I will turn to Base upgrades.

This is reminiscent of my drone fuses woes *** SMILES *** except every Global PVP victory brings several parts as a prize. You'll be back in the thousands of parts in two shakes.

I suppose 410K parts appear to you as 64K parts appear to me LOL VERY SMALL.
  • Options
    This is reminiscent of my drone fuses woes *** SMILES ***

If they had wiped three weeks ago when I asked, I would have plenty built up by now. I view it as a good excuse to get the Base upgrade done.
  • Options
    Hey Guys ... I never got in gear for this Global ... I have a whopping 227 AP, or thereabouts. I've been pretty busy but I just can't motivate myself to compete in this Global ... SMH.
  • Options
    Hey Guys ... I never got in gear for this Global ... I have a whopping 227 AP, or thereabouts. I've been pretty busy but I just can't motivate myself to compete in this Global ... SMH.

I won't even ask what place that puts you in.
  • Options
    I won't even ask what place that puts you in.

I'm not sure, I don't want to look LMAO but it's got to be around RANK #3,000. I don't know what happened, I had coffee, started up the game, upgraded a square on my base (I think is was SENTRY LEVEL), left for work and that was it ... I haven't played since.

Maybe it was emptying my vault so early in the morning that did it? **SMILES**

I'll take a look soon ...

Surprisingly, I'm at RANK #1,294. The TOP 3, of course, are all north of 10,000 AP and the leader is currently 17,484 AP ... nothing unusual.
  • Options
    Here's something strange ... just noticed that the Global has disappeared and was replaced by the vanilla PvP which I love !!! Now THAT got my attention ...

Looks like the update is coming ... but at least I can continue to collect diamonds. Definitely NOT logging off.

I've noticed that players who have been playing for quite some time and NEVER ever posted to this forum are doing so now ... Jeez I guess that update is yet another major S.N.A.F.U. and no word from HANSLES.
  • Options
    Eighteen hours in, 78 Hours to go, here are the IOS stancingg:

#1 5496
    #2 4967
    #10 4027
    #23 2897 Bradr752
    #30 2510

I am the only top 10 player on the leaderboard, reflecting, I believe, a general disgust with the game.

Clan standings:
    #1 Elites 34706
    #2 Gate666 30766
    #3 Annihilators 30736

Reflecting a general disgust as well.
  • Options
    Eighteen hours in, 78 Hours to go, here are the IOS stancingg:

#1 5496
    #2 4967
    #10 4027
    #23 2897 Bradr752
    #30 2510

I am the only top 10 player on the leaderboard, reflecting, I believe, a general disgust with the game.

Clan standings:
    #1 Elites 34706
    #2 Gate666 30766
    #3 Annihilators 30736

Reflecting a general disgust as well.

Good Morning ... I wish I had something to post, but the Global is still down and no updates delivered as yet. I can't believe all of this trouble is essentially due to a Facebook feed and a minor game play upgrade ... SMH ... If ever there was an indicator of how bad things are, it's the leaderboard ... all of the top players are absent (present company excluded). These are players with thousands of victories, countless hours of game play and have invested their hard earned $$$ as well.

And why are they absent? They can't even login to the game? You just can't make this stuff up! Every time I think I've seen the lowest possible GLU level of incompetence, they somehow manage to drain a little more water out of the pool.
  • Options
    I love Glu's latest response to complaints: Don't start to play until the game has finished downloading. Then they issue a 7 step description on how to properly start the game. This doesn't work, of course, and it completely ignores the reported problem: The game works OK until the Drone enters, then the video dies.
  • Options
    Here is the message that Glu is sending in response to complaints of video breakup:

35am36e.jpg

Exactly how do you accomplish #6?
  • Options
    All I can say to this is HUH ???

To add insult to injury, let's say by some miracle they release a fix for everything, Gulp. How would someone get the update if they can't login and start the game?

I suppose they could post the update in the Apple Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Store, but then you would most likely need to re-install the game and if you're not adept at backup / recovery procedures you might be in a worse place than now.

This is one of the worst S.N.A.F.U.'s ever and has rendered game play F.U.B.A.R. for those unlucky souls affected by this fiasco.

I need to work out a recovery plan for these folks, provided that they still want to play the game.
  • Options
    I just fired up the Kindle to see if the Global is running on the Amazon and it is:

#1 8921 Bit
    #2 8335 Kane
    #10 2321 Fakejoe
    #30 1685 Grimreaper
    #2085 3 Toobad

Real quiet over there, but at least they have a Global.
  • Options
    I just fired up the Kindle to see if the Global is running on the Amazon and it is:

#1 8921 Bit
    #2 8335 Kane
    #10 2321 Fakejoe
    #30 1685 Grimreaper
    #2085 3 Toobad

Real quiet over there, but at least they have a Global.

Yeah they have a Global because the nightmare hasn't started yet. Besides, I like it better when there is no Global. LOL
  • Options
    Yeah they have a Global because the nightmare hasn't started yet. Besides, I like it better when there is no Global. LOL

If I thought the Glu was paying attention, I would have said that they closed down the Android Global because it was so clearly broken, but then, they aren't paying attention.
  • Options
    If I thought the Glu was paying attention, I would have said that they closed down the Android Global because it was so clearly broken, but then, they aren't paying attention.

I'll tell you the truth Bro ... all I need is diamonds and drone parts. They can take the rest of that Global BS and shove it. The Lunatics are probably crying about now LMAO

I mean does anyone actually win usable weapons or parts anymore?
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    And the poor guys in top 10 took enough speed for the whole weekend! What are they going to do with all the awake time ahead of them? A crochet frenzy maybe"
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    And the poor guys in top 10 took enough speed for the whole weekend! What are they going to do with all the awake time ahead of them? A crochet frenzy maybe"

How about that they've got all kinds of bugs crawling up their skin. They need it bad man and they're not going to get it !!!

Refresh my memory, the last time the Global was disrupted, I remember talk of tossing everyone in the Bronze League, but that never happened. What did happen? Did the Global finally start giving us enough time to qualify for the usual league placements?

Still no Global on Google ... I knew there was a reason why I couldn't get started yesterday. I think I had like 225 AP when they pulled the plug LMAO