Options

10/01 Heavy? Global

13Next

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    If memory serves this could take a couple of days, in time for the next Global we hope ... if I don't hear from you guys for the next few days, Keep the Faith and ...

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!

That would be reminiscent of past heavy events then. Working for parts this time, and GLU shuts me down from another heavy.

Now, isn't that precious. (quote from either Dana Carvey or the Gollum? You pick.)
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    WOW now that's interesting ... what I might do in this situation is try to determine if RANK#1 wants to be there or not. If he does, he'll continue to take the lead back and you can keep pace with him.

But it does look tight ... JEEZ

Bronze Leaguers are feisty fighters, although I feel like a gorilla fighting for a single banana, these guys don't lay down let me tell you. Of course we're playing for the win and they really don't stand a chance, but I won't use any GOLD (doesn't make much sense anyway) to acquire 3 TIER 7 fuses. LOL

Well it still looks like it is going to be a wild finish. The standing in my Silver Bracket are now as follows:

1. thru 6. 104 points
    7. 103
    8. 99
    9. 98
    10. 92

As soon as one of the top six jumps ahead by 2 points, the other 5 quickly tie him.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    With all of the problems with bad video after the update, I moved to the iPad Mini 4. I had intended to all along, but then I kept hearing the buzz about the Pro coming out next month, so I held off. The video on the 4 runs easily, no problems at all.
  • Options
    Super VIP weapons are junk: Maple, 16.5 Assault at 5750 and Cronos, 16.5 Tesla at 7000. Give me a break. (I did not buy in)
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Super VIP weapons are junk: Maple, 16.5 Assault at 5750 and Cronos, 16.5 Tesla at 7000. Give me a break. (I did not buy in)

I wouldn't call a 16.5 TESLA junk ... so maybe it will be available at 3,500 next VIP; I could definitely use one. Remember one man's garbage is another man's treasure ... I see this in action every Thursday on recycling day. **SMILES**

I'm happy that someone finally took my advice and solved the video problem by upgrading the device instead blaming, and waiting on, GLU. Since both devices are at your disposal, your mission , should you decide to accept it, is to determine why one device works and the other does not ... you're uniquely equipped to finally solve this mystery once and forever. Many IOS users will be in your debt.

6.5 hours ... still locked out; maintenance started @ 04:21 PM EST.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I wouldn't call a 16.5 TESLA junk ... so maybe it will be available at 3,500 next VIP; I could definitely use one. Remember one man's garbage is another man's treasure ... I see this in action every Thursday on recycling day. **SMILES**

6.5 hours ... still locked out; maintenance started @ 04:21 PM EST.

Last week's Supervip handed out 17.5 weapons, this week's Super gives out 16.5s. Not junk, but certainly a disappointment.

IOS server maintenance was over 6.5 hours.
  • Options
    Last week's Supervip handed out 17.5 weapons, this week's Super gives out 16.5s. Not junk, but certainly a disappointment.

IOS server maintenance was over 6.5 hours.

Dude those massive weapons are never coming around again. Look at the KARMA, 17.5 was a completely misleading rating (now that's a surprise). It's true rating should be somewhere north of 20.0. You cannot expect to see an incremental increase in weapon strength every VIP, it doesn't work that way. The best VIP is the one that coincides with the start of a new cycle and new tier (odd numbered) at 60 day intervals (optional), I thought you were aware of all of this ... those are the TOOBAD mechanics.

With three 17.5 rated weapons, you will never be upgrading a weapon again (not in 2015 anyway); this should be a GREAT place to be so why the disappointment. You'll need a new reason for the buy in is all.

To be frank, weapons and drone aside, your reasons for playing this game are starting to evaporate; the only reason left is ... for the thrill of the hunt OR the fun of it all. Even protecting your AT list position will begin to appear futile.
  • Options
    Is Android back up and running?
  • Options
    OK here's the deal ...

First off, once the update appears on Google Play OR the Amazon Store, you must manually trigger the update to come down. If you don't and try to start up CKS, you WILL get LOGIN ERROR and SERVER MAINTENANCE notification ... forever from what I can tell. I believe this was what IOS players experienced when not being able to LOGIN; CKS 3.0.1 device app trying to access CKS 3.1.1 gaming engine.

Secondly, once CKS is launched, it immediately started downloading; 5 or 6 separate downloads and this explains GLU's statement to wait until all of these downloads were completely downloaded before starting to play the game. This still doesn't make much sense since you cannot play the game until the downloads complete. I'll admit that this process could have been corrected for the Android versions and may have been different for the IOS version originally,

Once in the game I immediately noticed the FACEBOOK connection RED EXCLAMATION ICON on the home screen, which will remain RED until you actually login to FACEBOOK. I haven't tried to make this go away however.

After checking all of my vitals, diamonds, vault, GOLD, weapons, drone and base, I proceeded to my first battle.

My very first battle was a SHORT battle and as previously noted, had a vault of 101K and the opponent drone was the same power rating as my own. The battle proceeded as expected and the spook met his maker within a minute.

Upon collecting my diamond reward, I noticed the "SHARE ON FACEBOOK" check box, which I promptly cleared. I was also presented with a WATCH VIDEO for some health popup which I tapped and the video started almost immediately, which was a surprise.

The BRONZE LEAGUE resumed play as scheduled and the VIP Event was now present.

There is also a GOLD SPEND notification in game settings, that is disabled by default. I really don't know what this does. There are a few other settings that I will need to play with.

Next I decided to give campaign contracts a try. The POSH region had to be downloaded again. After closing a contract, I was presented with the usual DOUBLE REWARD video option which I tapped as usual. The video played again almost immediately, but what was a nice surprise is that afterwards the game returned to the campaign map ready to select another contract. Closing contracts is still a painful experience for me, but at least now it's not as slow.

All in all, game performance appears to be better and generally faster. So far there is nothing out of the ordinary to report but I shall keep you all informed as I continue to put this new release through the paces.

BASE is now 95% upgraded ... one single SENTRY LEVEL upgrade remains. ** SMILES **
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Some notes on Amazon Store update.
    On one device, I left the Amazon Store app running overnight, and the update appeared the next morning.
    On the other device turned off, I started up the Amazon Store app, touched the 3 dot menu on the top left, went to "My Apps" tabbed over to updates, and had to hit the refresh button in the top right. The CKS app then showed up.

Follow Scorpion's instructions after this install, but I just hit the open button on the installed screen, waited for download, at one point one of the devices said I'd have to delete same apps to continue, I told it to try again, and everything then loaded (I hope!)

By the way, anyone look at VIP this morning? I didn't open it because of time constraints.
  • Options
    VIP has an 11.5 Sniper at 350, a 12.5 Assault at 750, and a 15.5 Sniper at 3500. Super VIP has a 16.5 Assault at 5750 and a 16.5 Tesla at 7K. Scorpion called me out for saying that the Super VIP was "junk"
  • Options
    VIP has an 11.5 Sniper at 350, a 12.5 Assault at 750, and a 15.5 Sniper at 3500. Super VIP has a 16.5 Assault at 5750 and a 16.5 Tesla at 7K. Scorpion called me out for saying that the Super VIP was "junk"

Feeling better this morning? I also want to note that the 7,000 GOLD TESLA will most like be a 3,500 GOLD prize in the near future; probably the next VIP Event later on this week. If so, then that Super VIP Prize might be a "mega weapon" for those so inclined to grab one.
  • Options
    How is the update running on the Android platform? IOS is much better, but I have upgraded my device so it is hard to tell.
  • Options
    How is the update running on the Android platform? IOS is much better, but I have upgraded my device so it is hard to tell.

No real change in gaming experience, but I did notice faster video ad load ups. Video starts almost immediately instead of a delay. Campaign play is better, not as slow as before between contracts but still painful for me.

Other than that, I've disabled FACEBOOK feature but I did notice a few new game settings that I haven't figured out their use as yet.
  • Options
    Most of the new features you can ignore. FB, ignore for sure.The Challenges tab you can ignore though I look at to see how has challenged me, just for fun.

I have a permanent red exclamation point by the FB icon I can't get rid of.

I don't know how long it has been there but there is a Gold notification slider in settings that prevents you from accidentally spending Gold when you intended to use Diamonds for an upgrade. That is a good addition.

How are the vaults?
  • Options
    Most of the new features you can ignore. FB, ignore for sure.The Challenges tab you can ignore though I look at to see how has challenged me, just for fun.

How are the vaults?

You know I hate anything that shows RED and I know if I open up a FB account just for CKS it will cause more overhead and force the FB app to always be open, so I guess I'll get used to seeing that RED icon.

The vaults are ranging from 90-110K so that's a welcomed change. LITTLE ME is back and killing opponents, but since he's rated at 215K the opponent's drone can't kill me LMAO rockets just bounce off the barriers ... strange twist that will no doubt lead to more GLU game tinkering.
  • Options
    You know I hate anything that shows RED and I know if I open up a FB account just for CKS it will cause more overhead and force the FB app to always be open, so I guess I'll get used to seeing that RED icon.

The vaults are ranging from 90-110K so that's a welcomed change. LITTLE ME is back and killing opponents, but since he's rated at 215K the opponent's drone can't kill me LMAO rockets just bounce off the barriers ... strange twist that will no doubt lead to more GLU game tinkering.

Have you noticed that the opponents seem easier to kill?
  • Options
    Have you noticed that the opponents seem easier to kill?

For the most part, yes. I use the JUGG as my barometer ... the ankle kill shot by the BH TESLA was no longer effective after moving to TIER 15, but now it's back, so in that sense the kill difficulty is that of TIER 14.

I love the ankle kill shot because I can kill a SENTRY and a JUGG with a single TESLA blast that glances the SENTRY and hits the JUGG in the ankle ... just a matter of 1 vs 2 TESLA charges, but time and timing are always of importance.

The 14.5 BLACK HOLE will be effective longer because the defense is really 14.0 but I have a minor problem. To get to the 6th INTEL SDCARD in the campaigns, I will need to either upgrade the 14.5 SPEAR ELITE (I deplore upgrading sniper rifles) OR switch weapons over to the 16.5 COUGAR. If I deploy the 16.5 COUGAR I will attract tougher LONG RANGE opponents in a few weeks, so I need a 16.5 TESLA to go along with the 16.5 SNIPER ... all I can do at the moment is leave the COUGAR in reserve OR bite the bullet and upgrade the SPEAR ELITE (probably twice) and burn the cash I can use for my next ASSAULT upgrade.

Problems ... problems ... but keeping one's weapons in sync is the key to success.

Then there's the KARMA ... all this baby leaves behind is blood splatter LMAO
  • Options

Initially, I thought the same thing about the red exclamation point of the Facebook icon, but now for the most part, I don't even notice it much any more. It is just 1 more bit of red on our screen, right now there is red on the STORE, PVP, VIP EVENT and CAMPAIGN tabs. So the FB icon red is not much of a concern.

I take it that you are saying that when facing a drone of the same size as yours in the battle, the drone is of no importance to the outcome of the battle?

Another place that I have noticed that screen loading is much quicker is while paging thru my weapon parts pages. There is almost no lag between pages now.
  • Options

I don't know how long it has been there but there is a Gold notification slider in settings that prevents you from accidentally spending Gold when you intended to use Diamonds for an upgrade. That is a good addition.

How are the vaults?

I agree that the gold notification slider is a good addition. Also, it was not any great surprise to me that it was off by default by GLU. I guess they wanted those few extra mistaken spends of gold instead of diamonds until the word got around that the feature was there.

I know several times, due to video lag I think, I ended up spending gold while fusing drone parts or weapons parts by hitting the FUSE button a second time when there was no initial response.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Initially, I thought the same thing about the red exclamation point of the Facebook icon, but now for the most part, I don't even notice it much any more. It is just 1 more bit of red on our screen, right now there is red on the STORE, PVP, VIP EVENT and CAMPAIGN tabs. So the FB icon red is not much of a concern.

I take it that you are saying that when facing a drone of the same size as yours in the battle, the drone is of no importance to the outcome of the battle?

Another place that I have noticed that screen loading is much quicker is while paging thru my weapon parts pages. There is almost no lag between pages now.

Yes as we've both discovered that drone weapons strength exceeds player health around 1.25-1.5M power, at 215K they are absolutely NO THREAT AT ALL ... now I wouldn't stand there like the Man of Steel taking rockets to my chest, but they can't hurt us through the barriers and that's good enough for me.

So there is a paradox emerging. You win PVP, you win diamonds ... you must upgrade the drone after base and weapons, of course. ... the stronger you make the drone, the stronger your opponent becomes.

Fortunately we've got plenty of lead time before the perceived threat becomes reality.

As fate would have it, we in the Lunatic Asylum had been battling max'd out defenses with 2.95M drones for over a month (benefit or misfortune depending on your POV).

Observing from the 10,000 foot view of the game I foresee hacked drones becoming more of a hindrance than a helper in battle and should force many from the game. It also will tend to slow down the more advanced drone developers since the battles they will be engaged in will become increasingly more difficult, more time consuming and more expensive.

This explains why the Lunatic Leaderboarders avoided TIER 15 upgrade because it appears to be the tipping point. Now either these guys are extremely smart and good at what they do OR they are privy to inside information that we are not. Either way I would love to have a heart-to-heart with one of them ... just to compare notes LMAO.

Make no mistake about it, we are in a game transition phase and the results of which are designed with a single minded purpose ... to benefit GLU.
  • Options
    Yes as we've both discovered that drone weapons strength exceeds player health around 1.25-1.5M power, at 215K they are absolutely NO THREAT AT ALL ... now I wouldn't stand there like the Man of Steel taking rockets to my chest, but they can't hurt us through the barriers and that's good enough for me.

So there is a paradox emerging. You win PVP, you win diamonds ... you must upgrade the drone after base and weapons, of course. ... the stronger you make the drone, the stronger your opponent becomes.

Fortunately we've got plenty of lead time before the perceived threat becomes reality.

While there is the appearance of stalemate in the Drone arms race, it actually turns out that there is a powerful asymmetry at work here. While your opponent's Drone may be the same power as your Drone, the effectiveness of that Drone is much lower, since its tactics are very limited. Simply put, you can duck the opponent's Drone, but his minions will just stand there while your Drone mows them down. With 1.12M weapons, my Drone can win battles all by himself. If I stay under cover, he will take everybody out. It takes a little time but he will get them all, including the bad guy himself.

I frequently lay low if my Health is suffering and wait while he clears out most of the nastiness. Also, there is plenty of time to get a couple of doses of the Healing Ray if you need it.

As a practical matter, even a medium power Drone can't be killed, so he is able to provide much more Drone help than your opponent gets from his Drone. I am able to notice the increase in Drone fire power every time I upgrade a Drone weapon.

With the recent video nastiness on IOS, the Drone was able to work, when you were stuck. He was a literal life saver. I actually think that an upgraded Drone is now more of a help than ever.
  • Options
    While there is the appearance of stalemate in the Drone arms race, it actually turns out that there is a powerful asymmetry at work here. While your opponent's Drone may be the same power as your Drone, the effectiveness of that Drone is much lower, since its tactics are very limited. Simply put, you can duck the opponent's Drone, but his minions will just stand there while your Drone mows them down. With 1.12M weapons, my Drone can win battles all by himself. If I stay under cover, he will take everybody out. It takes a little time but he will get them all, including the bad guy himself.

I frequently lay low if my Health is suffering and wait while he clears out most of the nastiness. Also, there is plenty of time to get a couple of doses of the Healing Ray if you need it.

As a practical matter, even a medium power Drone can't be killed, so he is able to provide much more Drone help than your opponent gets from his Drone. I am able to notice the increase in Drone fire power every time I upgrade a Drone weapon.

With the recent video nastiness on IOS, the Drone was able to work, when you were stuck. He was a literal life saver. I actually think that an upgraded Drone is now more of a help than ever.

While I agree with you in principal, the fact remains that I have no intention of being on the battle field long enough for either drone to be of much consequence I can kill the enemy faster than any offensive drone can, and the moment the defensive drone appears his master is already amongst the walking dead, no pun intended, so as I mentioned there is a paradox emerging.

That said, LITTLE ME has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, usually due to circumstances beyond my control. I now look at drones as more of a safety net OR failsafe than a true battle companion. Now if I could somehow control what the little bugger was doing, we'd have something truly great to discuss. If I could just say "Sic 'em boy" that would be worth price of admission.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    While I agree with you in principal, the fact remains that I have no intention of being on the battle field long enough for either drone to be of much consequence I can kill the enemy faster than any offensive drone can, and the moment the defensive drone appears his master is already amongst the walking dead, no pun intended, so as I mentioned there is a paradox emerging.

That said, LITTLE ME has saved my bacon on numerous occasions, usually due to circumstances beyond my control. I now look at drones as more of a safety net OR failsafe than a true battle companion. Now if I could somehow control what the little bugger was doing, we'd have something truly great to discuss. If I could just say "Sic 'em boy" that would be worth price of admission.

*** SMILES ***

True enough. The real problem with the Drone is that the speed of PVP is so fast, the Drone doesn't see much action.

I sometimes stand aside so that I can watch the little bugger work.
  • Options
    True enough. The real problem with the Drone is that the speed of PVP is so fast, the Drone doesn't see much action.

I sometimes stand aside so that I can watch the little bugger work.

I do that as well, sometimes after the phone rings or my nephew wants to show me something ... LITTLE ME makes a great secretary too. LOL