Options

10/08 global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
Assuming the Glu follows its usual approach tomorrow's Global will be for a 15.5 Assault weapon.

The only 15.5 Assault weapon, available as parts, is the Nessy, 15.5, 2.05M/3.36M, which I presume will be the top 30 weapon tomorrow. The top 10 weapon will be slightly more powerful, but both seem inadequate for the task at hand.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Agreed ... I've got the 15.5 MORLOCK (the TOP 10 weapon is most likely a clone); I picked it up somewhere along the line. At 95% upgraded it's only practical use is for my favorite kill shot. It takes an entire clip to kill a JUGG at TIER 15. A lesser TIER, say 13-14 may get some use out of it though.

I'm looking to pick up a TESLA and ASSAULT (16.5 or better) at the earliest VIP that features these weapons.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Here's something new that has changed my understanding of the latest update somewhat. I fought several consecutive battles with varying defenses and drone strength and I am now thinking that possibly only the GLU "bot" has the drone clone.

It's far too small a sampling to say this with any degree of certainty, but it is something to consider.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Here's something new that has changed my understanding of the latest update somewhat. I fought several consecutive battles with varying defenses and drone strength and I am now thinking that possibly only the GLU "bot has the drone clone.

It's far too small a sampling to say this with any degree of certainty, but it is something to consider.

On IOS I have not seen anything but Bot opponents for 2 weeks. I upgraded my Drone two times and both times my opponents mirrored the upgrade. When I upgrade my Rocket Launcher to a faster cycle the opponent's Drone has the faster cycle. My last 200 opponents have all been 2.9M Base, 2.95 Drone. Kind of boring, but I am not having any trouble with them. BTW, the video on my new Mini 4 is perfect and I have had only one Resynchronization loss today, so it is getting better. People with slower processors are still suffering.

This Global I hope to complete Tier 15. I have used only Freebies during League play so I haven't made a lot of headway.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    On IOS I have not seen anything but Bot opponents for 2 weeks. I upgraded my Drone two times and both times my opponents mirrored the upgrade. When I upgrade my Rocket Launcher to a faster cycle the opponent's Drone has the faster cycle. My last 200 opponents have all been 2.9M Base, 2.95 Drone. Kind of boring, but I am not having any trouble with them. BTW, the video on my new Mini 4 is perfect and I have had only one Resynchronization loss today, so it is getting better. People with slower processors are still suffering.

This Global I hope to complete Tier 15. I have used only Freebies during League play so I haven't made a lot of headway.

I kinda think these may have slipped through the cracks ... I haven't seen any others since. It did happen once before but I ignored it because it was only a single battle.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Here's something new that has changed my understanding of the latest update somewhat. I fought several consecutive battles with varying defenses and drone strength and I am now thinking that possibly only the GLU "bot" has the drone clone.

Here is a GLU bot. Notice the 2.9M TIER 14 Base Defense Power and the 85K drone.

1zogp50.png

Here is a real life player from Brad's clan. Notice the different drone.

2i92quv.jpg

Even though right now, we can't or at least I can go to my battle log and click on the player anymore, it has be my expedience, the the bot all have simple names like Sunset, FuriousZebra, etc. As soon as the name gets involved, then it is an RL player.
  • Options
    Manwiththegold is a real player in my Clan. His Drone is now 2.95m. The guy can play this game.
  • Options
    Manwiththegold is a real player in my Clan. His Drone is now 2.95m. The guy can play this game.

Yes, that was my point. If you check above the screen captures, I do point that out that he was in your clan and was a real life player. The first Screen capture was the Bot.

To raise his Drone to 2.95M in less than a week, I would have to agree with you, "The guy can play this game."
  • Options
    No Global on IOS so far.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Yes, that was my point. If you check above the screen captures, I do point that out that he was in your clan and was a real life player. The first Screen capture was the Bot.

To raise his Drone to 2.95M in less than a week, I would have to agree with you, "The guy can play this game."

We can all play the game, the real difference is the depth of one's pockets; there is absolutely nothing in this game that is unattainable if you're willing to pay GLU's price **SMILES**

Now back to the business at hand, the 2.9M DEFENSE at TIER 14 is consistent with what I've been seeing at times. GLU has clearly changed the concept of the "bot in battle" but it's still too early for me to discern any reliable patterns. We are most definitely in a transitional phase that will require a somewhat different strategy of sorts; the problem is I don't have enough statistical data to formulate one as yet LMAO
  • Options
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 2.95M
    DRONE: 215K (Power) - 115/150 (Level) - 726/1115 (XP) - 1.43M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (140K), RL (134K), HR (140K), SG (140K)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 346P (10,380)

FUSES:
    10 x TIER 13 (XP-32); 12 x TIER 14 (XP-28); 32 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 14 x TIER 14 (XP-22);
    12 x TIER 12 (XP-20); 30 x TIER 07 (XP-19); 30 x TIER 06 (XP-18);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 16.5 COUGAR (acquired 09/25)
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23); 15.5 MANTA (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    ASSAULT: 15.5 MORLOCK (acquired 09/25); 95% upgraded
    HEAVY: 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/25); 20% upgraded

The march towards 369K (410K) commences.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    No Global on IOS so far.

Google (Amazon as well I presume) Global started on time with an interesting VIP Event; it appears to be the same VIP Event (only some of the names have changed as usual) that was featured on 09/25 two weeks ago. This in itself isn't out of the ordinary, but negates the notion that MEGA WEAPONS were a one-time only deal; apparently they're here to stay and you're going to need one soon.

13.5 DOBERMAN @ 350 GOLD
    14.5 SPEAR ELITE @ 750 GOLD
    15.5 THORNBACK @ 3,500 GOLD (MANTA Clone)

If this is indeed a replay of the earlier VIP Event, then the Super VIP should be:

16.5 CHETAH/COUGER @ 5.750 GOLD (Clone)
    17.5 KARMA @ 7,000 GOLD (Clone)

Another shot at a MEGA HEAVY for those that missed it the first time around. If you've got the b.a.l.l.s and bucks, I strongly advise grabbing one of these while the advantage is still in our court.

I should also mention that my 227 AP (along with the screamingly amusing win streak) were carried over to this weeks Global; that part of the game has still not changed LOL

Oh did I mention how I love the new sound effects, especially the drone machine gun? I've always been big on audio.
  • Options
    Still nothing on IOS. I guess it is our turn to be ignored.
  • Options
    Still nothing on IOS. I guess it is our turn to be ignored.

I wouldn't call it being ignored but since there are no upgrades that I am aware of, I would definitely drop CC OR HANDLES a note informing them that the Global has "stalled"; I would not assume they know about it since they will not arrive at work for at least another 3 hours; another 1-2 hours to start it up so we're talking 11AM PST at the earliest. Probably closer to Noon.

No big deal anyway ... 1st it's a Global, 2nd it's DAY #1, 3rd there are no VIP prizes you'll want or need ... play the vanilla PvP, collect your diamonds, drone parts, and VP and be happy.

That's what I did to pass the time last week **SMILES**
  • Options
    For me personally, no Global is a good thing. I don't need any upgrades except to finish Tier 15 Base and I can do that in a week using only Freebies, so if they skip it, I am good with that. Last weeks aborted Global on Android and the non-start on IOS this week are not signs of a healthy game though.
  • Options
    For me personally, no Global is a good thing. I don't need any upgrades except to finish Tier 15 Base and I can do that in a week using only Freebies, so if they skip it, I am good with that. Last weeks aborted Global on Android and the non-start on IOS this week are not signs of a healthy game though.

No it's not a healthy sign and that's why I will not be spending any more $$$ on it for quite some time OR until it becomes stable. We did a similar boycott mid-Summer ... nothing new ... par for the GLU course. That said, TOOBAD doesn't have me making any more investments until November anyway

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    No it's not a healthy sign and that's why I will not be spending any more $$$ on it for quite some time OR until it becomes stable. We did a similar boycott mid-Summer ... nothing new ... par for the GLU course. That said, TOOBAD doesn't have me making any more investments until November anyway

*** SMILES ***

Are you still thinking that October 29 will be the first 16.5 Global (Heavy) or will it be a week earlier (Sniper)?
  • Options
    Are you still thinking that October 29 will be the first 16.5 Global (Heavy) or will it be a week earlier (Sniper)?

Well it will be the beginning of the cycle and should feature a new TIER and REGION. Whether or not he Global will feature a HEAVY WEAPON is anyone's guess at this point ... GLU's card shuffling does not affect us. TOOBAD is immune to such things.

I am on the lookout for a new TESLA. I have the MANTA in reserve, but that will only be good for November ... by then the game should have some semblance of stability and TOOBAD will take care of the rest.
  • Options
    I am still using my Blackthorn Assault, 17.5, 13.04M, in preference to the Karma Heavy, 17.5, 14.75M. I am holding out for the next generation of SuperVIP Heavies at the end of the month.
  • Options
    I am still using my Blackthorn Assault, 17.5, 13.04M, in preference to the Karma Heavy, 17.5, 14.75M. I am holding out for the next generation of SuperVIP Heavies at the end of the month.

You must really hate those sights on the KARMA. The weapon itself is good for at least another 3-4 months; its rated at near 25M max. Dude, you won't really need a weapon until 2016, but if you really want another, who am I to tell you not to?

Next generation HEAVY means opening up another column of upgrades on the KARMA, remember?
  • Options
    You must really hate those sights on the KARMA. The weapon itself is good for at least another 3-4 months; its rated at near 25M max. Dude, you won't really need a weapon until 2016, but if you really want another, who am I to tell you not to?

Next generation HEAVY means opening up another column of upgrades on the KARMA, remember?

I hate the sights, I hate the chain lag on the Karma. The Blackthorn will kill an opponent before the Karma fires the first shot. It is powerful for sure, but it is slow and clumsy in my view. Since I got the Karma for free, and I have not done a single upgrade, it will be real easy to trade it in on a non-Gatling style Heavy.
  • Options
    I hate the sights, I hate the chain lag on the Karma. The Blackthorn will kill an opponent before the Karma fires the first shot. It is powerful for sure, but it is slow and clumsy in my view. Since I got the Karma for free, and I have not done a single upgrade, it will be real easy to trade it in on a non-Gatling style Heavy.

This is quite true, so I can't argue with that LOGIC ... only that with 3x17.5 weapons, I'd be quite happy to cruise for the rest of the year ... but that's the practical side of me talking ... I know you LOVE your weapons, so go for it.
  • Options
    This is quite true, so I can't argue with that LOGIC ... only that with 3x17.5 weapons, I'd be quite happy to cruise for the rest of the year ... but that's the practical side of me talking ... I know you LOVE your weapons, so go for it.

Ironically, the joy of these 17.5 weapons, including the Karma, is that they should all last a long while. While I don't like the Karma, it clearly will have a longer shelf life than any other Heavy in the short history of CKS. I am glad it is working for you.
  • Options
    Ironically, the joy of these 17.5 weapons, including the Karma, is that they should all last a long while. While I don't like the Karma, it clearly will have a longer shelf life than any other Heavy in the short history of CKS. I am glad it is working for you.

Well as I've described it previously, the only remains left of the enemy is blood splatter and you'll need a mop to clean it up afterwards.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Well as I've described it previously, the only remains left of the enemy is blood splatter and you'll need a mop to clean it up afterwards.

*** SMILES ***

BTW, everybody in my Clan loves the Karma. Most have upgraded it to 18.75M or higher using Gold. I am clearly the only one who is not gaga over the Karma.
  • Options
    BTW, everybody in my Clan loves the Karma. Most have upgraded it to 18.75M or higher using Gold. I am clearly the only one who is not gaga over the Karma.

LOL I understand ... it's sort of like someone sporting a lime green Ferrari ... no matter how fast the machine, it just sits in the garage.

I forgot to mention ... you know those electronics towers (racks) that serve as barricades? Well the KARMA can shoot right through them and kill a hiding enemy ... it's almost like the SHORT range equivalent of a TESLA.

Anyways, I've got to take a short road trip upstate (about a two hour drive) so I don't know when I'll be back online, but the timing could not be better; SERVER MAINTENANCE notification just appeared, so we may be going down as well ...

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    IOS Global started at 2:30 PM PDT, 14 1/2 hours behind schedule.

I have 13 restarts today. One of them ended a streak already.
  • Options
    IOS Global started at 2:30 PM PDT, 14 1/2 hours behind schedule.

I have 13 restarts today. One of them ended a streak already.

I have been online, pretty much all day without any problems, no restarts. Right now, just playing free energy I am currently ranked 218. I see Brad is ranked 4th right now.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I have been online, pretty much all day without any problems, no restarts. Right now, just playing free energy I am currently ranked 218. I see Brad is ranked 4th right now.

Restarts are hard to figure, I had hardly any the last several days, now a bunch today. Several members of my clan are experiencing more problems today.
  • Options
    Hey Guys ... just got back from my road trip upstate. There were bigger problems up there than anyone realized, but it's all fixed now (I wish it were GLU I was giving a "tune-up" LOL). I see Global has resumed ... fought a few battles and everything "appears" OK. Did anyone get an explanation for the outage?

By any chance has anyone found out what the Super VIP Prizes are? It would help me track these for future events ... I was expecting a 17.5 HEAVY so a confirmation would be great. I know this is probably the last thing on everyone's mind, so humbly I will ask anyway.

Thx

I'm also working on some ideas on how we can convince GLU to communicate these types of outages better to their customers even if I have to become a volunteer liaison ... this has to stop.

I encourage EVERYONE to participate in an iron clad boycott that we all can agree to. Together we may get somewhere; but this much is for sure, individually we will get nowhere.
  • Options
    At the end of a shortened first day, here is how it looks on IOS:

# 1 5141 Jamnslm
    #10 3071 Bradr752
    #30 1782 11142015