Options

10/08 global

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Hey Guys ... just got back from my road trip upstate. There were bigger problems up there than anyone realized, but it's all fixed now (I wish it were GLU I was giving a "tune-up" LOL). I see Global has resumed ... fought a few battles and everything "appears" OK. Did anyone get an explanation for the outage?

By any chance has anyone found out what the Super VIP Prizes are? It would help me track these for future events ... I was expecting a 17.5 HEAVY so a confirmation would be great. I know this is probably the last thing on everyone's mind, so humbly I will ask anyway.

Thx

I'm also working on some ideas on how we can convince GLU to communicate these types of outages better to their customers even if I have to become a volunteer liaison ... this has to stop.

I encourage EVERYONE to participate in a iron clad boycott that we all can agree to. Together we may get somewhere; but this much is for sure, individually we will get nowhere.

I am with you on this one, I am not giving them a farthing until they fix the game.
  • Options
    With 2 Days 9 Hours to go in the IOS Global which started late, here is how it stands:

#1 7399 Yuukiawaihara
    #10 4682 Jaguar0666
    #13 4175 Bradr752
    #30 2858 Yuen00911

My Setup:

Base: Tier 15, 2.59M, 81% upgraded, should complete this Global

Drone: 2.95M,
    Drone Weapons: MG 1.21M, HR, SG &RL: 1.12M
    12 pages of Drone Weapons parts, all 410K and 510K

Weapons:
    Sniper: Cheetah, 16.5, 4.29, 15% upgraded with game $
    Assault: Blacktorn, 17.5, 13.04M, 95% upgrade
    Tesla: Aphrodite, 17.5, 13.07M, 20% upgrade
    Heavy: Karma, 17.5, 14.75, no upgrades, still not using it.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am with you on this one, I am not giving them a farthing until they fix the game.

You know, my biggest question is why would I consider doing anything that is essentially the responsibility of any "normal" retailer or vendor and the answer is simple ... I love this game.

So the concern is my love for the game, and I thought I would never say this, is starting to fade. You adapt, formulate strategies, battle tactics, money management and what does that get you? They can't even keep the servers running !!!

All of these SERVER MAINTENANCE and CONTENT UPDATE notifications are nothing more than GLUganese for the servers just crashed and we're too ashamed to tell you about it. That's why we never get prior notice of a maintenance task coming today, tomorrow or even in 2 hours; it's s system wide failure and it's anybody's guess how long they will stay up or remain down.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore ... LMAO
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    With 2 Days 6 Hours to go the IOS Global looks like:

#1 13701 GuestA2A
    #10 6706 Forrest74
    #12 6632 Bradr752
    #30 4385 Alex5044

Interest is limited and participation of the top players is nearly non-existent. Only 2 of the top 10 on the AT Leaderboard and 4 of the Top 30 on the AT Leaderboard appear on this week's Global leaderboard.

Large vaults have allowed me to upgrade my Base a couple of notches to 2.82M. I should finish the Tier 15 upgrade tomorrow, my earlier Tier completion ever.
  • Options
    It's been difficult for me also to take enough interest to even play free energy. I have all but completed the campaign contracts which I usually do at the last minute, so that has improved somewhat. I did manage to make some progress with the drone; I've got the support drone up to 239K and half way towards the next jump but I'll never make 410K without more fuses.

Winning more fuses is pretty difficult when you find it hard to fight, fortunately I still have most of the TESLA/HEAVY TRIALS to complete and I'll be able to grab some fuses there, but those won't last very long. I did have plans to play the GOLD LEAGUE, but who am I fooling ... fighting enough battles to score 8,500 AP at this juncture would be almost as painful as closing campaign contracts. Last week's Global quit after 227 AP and this week it went down after 12 hours, but it eventually came back. How can someone "fight to their fullest ability" when the servers keep going down?

I'll give you this BRAD you're one tough and determined individual; that is a great attribute to have.

**SMILES**
  • Options
    It's been difficult for me also to take enough interest to even play free energy. I have all but completed the campaign contracts which I usually do at the last minute, so that has improved somewhat. I did manage to make some progress with the drone; I've got the support drone up to 239K and half way towards the next jump but I'll never make 410K without more fuses.

Winning more fuses is pretty difficult when you find it hard to fight, fortunately I still have most of the TESLA/HEAVY TRIALS to complete and I'll be able to grab some fuses there, but those won't last very long. I did have plans to play the GOLD LEAGUE, but who am I fooling ... fighting enough battles to score 8,500 AP at this juncture would be almost as painful as closing campaign contracts. Last week's Global quit after 227 AP and this week it went down after 12 hours, but it eventually came back. How can someone "fight to their fullest ability" when the servers keep going down?

I'll give you this BRAD you're one tough and determined individual; that is a great attribute to have.

**SMILES**

I am struggling with my own version of the same demon: I have no Drone weapons parts after the "wipe" I don't regreat the wipe, since my game was unplayable, but I wish Glu had done it when I asked which would have given me three weeks to build up pages. My solution to the shortage of XP Drone parts was to play the open missions in the campaigns in my spare time. I actually completed my drone with lots of Xp to spare, and it all came from open campaign missions. While the Gold league has some juicy modules, it is expensive and open campaign modules will get you there. Six modules are available every hour.
  • Options
    With less than 1 Day 17 Hours to go in the IOS Global, here is where we stand:

#1 20170 GuestA2A
    #10 9910 Manwiththegold
    #16 7707 Bradr752
    #30 5460 Racerxrex

My setup is the same as yesterday, except the I have completed the Tier 15 upgrade much earlier in the cycle than usual: Base 2.95M.

I have accumulated 20 pages of Drone Weapons parts, all 410K and 510K, enough to go back to work on Drone Weapons upgrades.

I have had three restarts that killed my streaks, but that is actually better than last Global.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    I have had three restarts that killed my streaks, but that is actually better than last Global.[/QUOTE]

Last week work better for me, I'm losing them for same reason, also couple times game is on but controls just don't work, not able to moved until time run out.
    Also game just shut down, no reason no Herron massage...
    is only happening to me?

I'm on rank 55, 80% of tier 14 upgrade, I did some upgrades on drone but run out of xp modules.
    I was hopping to get a good deal like last time on VIP by expending but last time was much better..
    Clan chat is not working? Or what?
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    Clan chat is not working? Or what?

Clan chat is not working. The messages disappear after 45 minutes. It makes it impossible to communicate with your clan. We can't recruit because we can't chat.
  • Options
    I've been running around all day and haven't fought a battle since 10 AM.

I tried something out of the ordinary in my continuing effort to identify what has changed in this release.

Apparently, it is now possible to downgrade your weapon. Your attack power will reflect the "weaker" weapon and your opponents will be weaker as a result. I want to determine if there are any limits on the downgrade of weapons, so my next test will be to knock my weapon all the way down to say 10.0 and see what kind of opponents are presented.
  • Options
    OK I've nailed down a few hard facts for you by experimenting with the matchup algorithm.

Now I was able to lower my ATTACK POWER by selecting lesser RATED weapons and every opponent came back RED; meaning it's next to impossible to defeat these opponents, I know this from experience and I wasn't going to risk my streak to find out if it has changed.

Trying to locate a more suitable opponent: I gave up after 10 attempts which is the threshold for any player I would imagine.

So here's the deal, while GLU has now made it possible to use a lesser rated weapon in PvP, it's next to impossible to find an opponent you can defeat with that weapon; just a different way to achieve the same results. Next up is the fact that it would appear using the small sampling I collected, that the great experiment in letting newer players compete PvP using lesser weapons in the hope that they could somehow lure them into spending $$$ has failed; to put it bluntly ... the gravy train is no longer in service.

I will not dismiss the notion that GLU has made a mistake; I cannot confirm that these are the new intended parameters for game play since GLU does not share any information with players and never states it's intentions.

What I can state are the results of hard data collected from the game via actual experience gained from using the available features of the game, so it's like this ... for newer players, given your current configuration, unless you're willing to start being a paying customer, unless you're willing to take on the monumental task of upgrading to TIER 15 using free energy OR you can somehow convince GLU to back out this change and allow you to continue to compete for free ...
    ... you are dead in the water; consistently winning PvP is no longer possible unless you're at TIER 14.
    I have revised this upward from TIER 12 for two reasons (1) the advice is a month old (2) TIER 16 will be released in 2-3 weeks.

Ironically, the same advice I gave 6 months ago appears to be the only option. Complete your contracts, upgrade your base, and once you've caught up (if you have the staying power that is), grab a current weapon or 2 and fully equip them, then and ONLY then will you be able to successfully compete in PvP.

From outside the box, I would say that CKS is becoming an exclusive club for players who have been playing for quite some time. Newer players will find it increasingly more difficult to compete and this is intentional; steer the new players to something like MIRN and continue milking the veterans until they quit from boredom and move on.

Statistics collected from recent Global Events support this conclusion. For example, on any given Global Event DAY #1 there are 45,000-50,000 players who have registered kills. Of those, only 1,000 are capable of scoring 25 victories on any given day of the Global; that's 1 out of every 50 or just 2%. Think about it ... only 2% of all players can score a single victory in any given hour. That's not conjecture or speculation, those are the facts. So ... 98% of all CKS players should not or rather, cannot compete in PvP ... yet they try anyway and that's their prerogative.

Since we're talking about a video game and NOT brain surgery here, it should be quite obvious that the game is "rigged" against new players trying to compete using free energy, regardless of what GLU or anyone else says ... your move.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thanks for trying this experiment. Did you downgrade a complete set of weapons? Also, I thought it was always possible to equip a lower rated weapon - just clarifying.

As to "paying", I'll return to talking about my LOW rated player, he's now at Tier 10, struggled severely at tier 7 to 8 with many impossible to defeat players, I've accounted my theory on that current thread as to the reason for those problems.

With built up gold, and originally won but not crafted weapons from before my problems, I bought with gold a heavy earned with level ups and a few free gold adds. By getting a level rating of 140, I am the one practically invincible. I can attack with near immunity tier 13 opponents, and make a little extra diamonds and progress has dramatically increased.

For stats, I have 4 11.5x crafted weapons, still 4 regions un-downloaded (began Ascention and already lvl 140!) and have a 14.5x heavy and tesla that could be crafted, but is too soon for that.

So, just saying that maybe there's a chance for lesser tiers advancing, but only with careful planning and some advancement risk. I agree, this player may never reach it to Tier 16, but isn't out yet!

Now back to my Tier 15 character, he's also facing risk. He's rank 59 as opposed to above's 39 because of device age and constant crashing. Gets more VP than junior, but less AP than him because of built up free gold. And, when I say free, take into account Amazon offers no pushed videos for any freebies.

Sorry for the personal input, thought it may help factor in the Amazon frame of free play perspective.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Thanks for trying this experiment. Did you downgrade a complete set of weapons? Also, I thought it was always possible to equip a lower rated weapon - just clarifying.

As to "paying", I'll return to talking about my LOW rated player, he's now at Tier 10, struggled severely at tier 7 to 8 with many impossible to defeat players, I've accounted my theory on that current thread as to the reason for those problems.

With built up gold, and originally won but not crafted weapons from before my problems, I bought with gold a heavy earned with level ups and a few free gold adds. By getting a level rating of 140, I am the one practically invincible. I can attack with near immunity tier 13 opponents, and make a little extra diamonds and progress has dramatically increased.

For stats, I have 4 11.5x crafted weapons, still 4 regions un-downloaded (began Ascention and already lvl 140!) and have a 14.5x heavy and tesla that could be crafted, but is too soon for that.

So, just saying that maybe there's a chance for lesser tiers advancing, but only with careful planning and some advancement risk. I agree, this player may never reach it to Tier 16, but isn't out yet!

Now back to my Tier 15 character, he's also facing risk. He's rank 59 as opposed to above's 39 because of device age and constant crashing. Gets more VP than junior, but less AP than him because of built up free gold. And, when I say free, take into account Amazon offers no pushed videos for any freebies.

Sorry for the personal input, thought it may help factor in the Amazon frame of free play perspective.

Of course, and don't take this the wrong way, but the Amazon platform DOES provide a cheaper way to compete, however that does NOT change the fact that only 2% of all players are capable of scoring a single victory per hour. The base must be upgraded as well as weapons, so while it may be cheap or even free to fight PvP battles, getting to the point of where you can effectively compete is a long way off for newer players.

I did downgrade a complete set of weapons, but I want to clarify based on your input (which is ALWAYS welcomed BTW). YES you could always equip lower-rated weapons (that's pretty much obvious since 98% of all players do just that) but attack power remained static; what has changed is the ability to find an opponent that you can defeat using those weapons because attack power is too low. We've ALL used FIND NEXT at some point in the game, but now, unless you're somewhat above mid-top ratings (say 12.5-14.5) you're never going to find that opponent without possibly spending a fortune in diamonds, which you'll never have since the only way to get them is in PvP ... result is it's near impossible to compete PvP.

A quick hint at what was coming was staring us in the face all the time. If you'll notice the "DAMAGE" rating of the lower rated weapons, they're practically non-existent (way down to left of the scale) ... that's the reason these guys cannot win. This particular number, as oppose to any other, is getting smaller with each new region ... sort of like an entire player group being ground into extinction.

For reference, my test started with 10.5 CAIN and 10.5 NARWAHL LONG RANGE weapons and I worked my way up to 11.5, 12.5 and 13.5. Interestingly, 10.5,11.5,12.5 yielded practically the same results ... it wasn't until 13.5 that opponents that could be defeated started to appear, albeit sparingly.
  • Options
    For the handful of folks still interested, here is what is going on in IOS:

#1 27230 GuestA2A
    #10 12065 Anhminh7482
    #16 10293 Bradr752
    #30 8107 11142016

Pretty moderate pace. My setup is about the same: 2.95M Base, 2.95 M Drone, MG & HR,1.21M, SG & RL 1.12M

Cost of the Global moderate: $60 so far and not looking to put much more into it. I am working on one more MG upgrade.
  • Options
    For the handful of folks still interested, here is what is going on in IOS:

#1 27230 GuestA2A
    #10 12065 Anhminh7482
    #16 10293 Bradr752
    #30 8107 11142016

Pretty moderate pace. My setup is about the same: 2.95M Base, 2.95 M Drone, MG & HR,1.21M, SG & RL 1.12M

Cost of the Global moderate: $60 so far and not looking to put much more into it. I am working on one more MG upgrade.

Uh - hmmm ... and what happened to the boycott Sir Brad? Again I am fighting this battle all alone LOL Unfortunately, only 1% of us can do anything to affect change and we belong to that group. So why should we "sacrifice" for the other 99%? Because it's the right thing to do, besides if we don't, the game will die.

I do not want to see moderate or even low costs ... I need zero costs.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Uh - hmmm ... and what happened to the boycott Sir Brad? Again I am fighting this battle all alone LOL

On the contrary, I have not given Glu a dime since the upgrade. My last buy in was September 27. I am playing on stored credits from before the update. The $60 figure represents the cost of Energy credits purchased earlier. I have enough Energy for one more Global, and am playing Freebies only during League play.

While I am still boycotting, I must say that the game is playing much better. The video is good on my new Mini 4 iPad and the streak killing restarts, resyncs and content updates are running at only one per day. I am actually enjoying the game.

On the flip side, I have pretty well topped out in this game. I now have a solid 2nd place spot on the AT Leaderboard, with no real threats from below. I may even run out of places to put my Diamonds until the next tier is released. Most of the top 10 players have either quit or slowed play because they have everything maxxed out. That is a first for this game.

The Elites Clan is the thing that makes the game fun for me. While Clan Chat is now broken, we have moved to the LINE app to stay in touch. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of frustration in the Clan.

My current plan is to subsist on free enegy until the release of Tier 16 and the availability of 18.5 weapons, which should make my gaming budget for the month of October $0.
  • Options
    On the contrary, I have not given Glu a dime since the upgrade. My last buy in was September 27. I am playing on stored credits from before the update. The $60 figure represents the cost of Energy credits purchased earlier. I have enough Energy for one more Global, and am playing Freebies only during League play.

While I am still boycotting, I must say that the game is playing much better. The video is good on my new Mini 4 iPad and the streak killing restarts, resyncs and content updates are running at only one per day. I am actually enjoying the game.

On the flip side, I have pretty well topped out in this game. I now have a solid 2nd place spot on the AT Leaderboard, with no real threats from below. I may even run out of places to put my Diamonds until the next tier is released. Most of the top 10 players have either quit or slowed play because they have everything maxxed out. That is a first for this game.

The Elites Clan is the thing that makes the game fun for me. While Clan Chat is now broken, we have moved to the LINE app to stay in touch. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of frustration in the Clan.

My current plan is to subsist on free enegy until the release of Tier 16 and the availability of 18.5 weapons, which should make my gaming budget for the month of October $0.

OK Brother ... I stand corrected !!! ... I'm going to hold you to the October $0.00 estimate LOL
  • Options
    SCOPRION has scored 19,999 Victory Points ... poised to break another barrier leading to the 20 TOP AT LIST ... roughly double everything I have ever done and I may get there LMAO
  • Options
    OK Brother ... I stand corrected !!! ... I'm going to hold you to the October $0.00 estimate LOL

If Tier 16 is released at 5 weeks after Tier 15 release, October 30th, I am good. If they release at 4 weeks, October 23rd, I may have to rethink my $0 budget.

Note that the theoretical cost of a top 30 finish on IOS has dropped from $100-$120 to $60-$80. Good news, but not necessarily a sign of a healthy game.
  • Options
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 2.95M
    DRONE: 265K (Power) - 117/150 (Level) - 21/1145 (XP) - 1.64M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (140K), RL (134K), HR (140K), SG (140K)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 346P (10,380)

FUSES:
    67 x TIER 14 (XP-28); 30 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 16 x TIER 14 (XP-22); 16 x TIER 07 (XP-19);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 14.5 SPEAR ELITE; 16.5 COUGAR (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    TESLA: 14.5 BLACK HOLE (acquired 08/23); 15.5 MANTA (in-reserve - acquired 09/25)
    ASSAULT: 15.5 MORLOCK (acquired 09/25); 95% upgraded
    HEAVY: 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/25); 20% upgraded

Google GLOBAL EVENT 10/08/2015 14 HOURS REMAINING:
    RANK #1: 71,831 AP (ANT068)
    RANK #2: 69,787 AP (FAIZZAZIZZ)
    RANK #3: 65,173 AP (TERMINATOR7AK)
    RANK #10: 38,229 AP (GIOVANNY69)
    RANK #30: 29,238 AP (MRS1SY)
    RANK #669: 2,407 AP (SCORPION) ... SCORPION limps towards the SILVER LEAGUE after losing 2 days.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    These Android numbers seem almost, dare I say it, reasonable, at least compared to the 200K totals of previous weeks. The highest score ever recorded on an IOS Global is 55,951 AP.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    ... While Clan Chat is now broken, we have moved to the LINE app to stay in touch. Lots of enthusiasm and lots of frustration in the Clan...

Haven't heard this mentioned yet and thought only Amazon had a problem with Clan Chat.

I assume you're talking about the wiping of messages from the Clan Chat. I see no regular time frame to the wiping, or how many posts can exists before it gets wiped, but it appears that GLU has reduced the buffer limit for each clan now. It's really effecting player interaction with some only showing up every hour, and messages can disappear at any time.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Haven't heard this mentioned yet and thought only Amazon had a problem with Clan Chat.

I assume you're talking about the wiping of messages from the Clan Chat. I see no regular time frame to the wiping, or how many posts can exists before it gets wiped, but it appears that GLU has reduced the buffer limit for each clan now. It's really effecting player interaction with some only showing up every hour, and messages can disappear at any time.

Clan messages now disappear after 50 minutes. That is true even if only one or two messages have been posted. Unless you check in regularly, you lose touch.
  • Options
    These Android numbers seem almost, dare I say it, reasonable, at least compared to the 200K totals of previous weeks. The highest score ever recorded on an IOS Global is 55,951 AP.

LOL yeah reasonable after losing 1/2 day maybe; the Google record Global is 130,000+ AP set just before all this upgrade mess came around. They may be good, but they're not that good. but these scores are more "average" going back a month or 2 LMAO Google Global has only topped 100K once when the new record was set; most times RANK#1 is between 70-80K.

While RANK #1 is impressive, let's give him his due, Gulp ... it's the entire leader board that gave rise to the nickname "Lunatic Asylum". If you go back to mid-summer the average score for RANK #1 was 60,000 AP (PCHELA was the champ 4-5 weeks running), so in that sense it's not much better than IOS. The big difference is that these guys do this week-in ... week-out.
  • Options
    With 30 Minutes to go, here is the final report on the IOS Global:

#1 32765 GuestA2A
    #10 15334 Manwiththegold
    #13 15970 Bradr752
    #30 9394 11142016

The Clan competition was the story here. My Clan, Elites, overcame a 22000 AP deficit to Gate666 clan to win with several hours of grueling fast play. The play was so fast that I could not use the Assault weapon, the Blackthorn and so turned to the Karma, which I actually was impressed by, after all of the nasty things I have said about it. It is not an elegant weapon by any stretch of the imagination. but it is efficient. I will upgrade it through the first Level and continue to use it.
  • Options
    Overcame a 22,000 AP deficit? Now THAT IS TRULY IMPRESSIVE and what competition is all about. I'll bet it was plenty of fun and will no doubt go down as one of the most impressive demonstrations of SNIPER prowess amongst the CLANS.

The KARMA aint pretty ... it's huge, heavy and has iron sights but once that baby gets going ... as I've said there's nothing left of the enemy but blood splatter !!!
  • Options
    New Content Update on IOS. Two new 16.5 Teslas added to the Store. Cronos, 16.5, 6.14M/10.08M and Gaia, 16.5 7.37M/11.3M. Both listed as parts. Maybe this week's Global will be a 16.5 Tesla. New cycle?
  • Options
    New Content Update on IOS. Two new 16.5 Teslas added to the Store. Cronos, 16.5, 6.14M/10.08M and Gaia, 16.5 7.37M/11.3M. Both listed as parts. Maybe this week's Global will be a 16.5 Tesla. New cycle?

That would be extremely early, I was thinking maybe it's a VIP Event but that wouldn't feature parts for a 16.5, so who knows?
  • Options
    That would be extremely early, I was thinking maybe it's a VIP Event but that wouldn't feature parts for a 16.5, so who knows?

None of this fits any pattern for this game. Global weapons have never been released before Wednesday, it is early for a new cycle. They are not part of the current VIP. I guess I should just quit trying to figure Glu out.
  • Options
    None of this fits any pattern for this game. Global weapons have never been released before Wednesday, it is early for a new cycle. They are not part of the current VIP. I guess I should just quit trying to figure Glu out.

Well let's assume for one second ... there's really no reason to link the cycle to the Global; we just accepted it because it was always that way but things are changing or transitioning ... to what is the question? We know they wouldn't dare start releasing regions / tiers on an accelerated schedule, right? But weapons? Hmm could be a valiant attempt to restore interest in the Global by releasing weapons rated higher than the prevailing tier?

I guess we'll find out soon enough ... either way they're "killing" the new guy because the gap will just keep getting wider and wider until they'll have no choice but to scream NO MAS.

To be perfectly honest, I need a 16.5 TESLA but I also know it will be featured in a soon upcoming VIP Event, so why fight in the Global. The new guys and players who play for free can't win this weapon because they either cannot win PvP or cannot afford PvP, so we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out ... but there are a small group who still make a living by competing for weapons parts; this could fall "right about there", well within their wheelhouse.