Options

10/08 global

13Next

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The reality is that the current Globals have fallen way behind the weapons that are needed to play the game, so they need to bump the cycle up at least one notch. As you have pointed out though, it doesn't matter whether this week's Global is for a 15.5 or a 16.5 Tesla, nobody who needs those guns will be able to win them.

My bet is we will see a 16.5 Tesla Global this week, which doesn't mean anything other than the VIP may feature a massive Tesla in the Super, though maybe not an 18.5.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The reality is that the current Globals have fallen way behind the weapons that are needed to play the game, so they need to bump the cycle up at least one notch. As you have pointed out though, it doesn't matter whether this week's Global is for a 15.5 or a 16.5 Tesla, nobody who needs those guns will be able to win them.

My bet is we will see a 16.5 Tesla Global this week, which doesn't mean anything other than the VIP may feature a massive Tesla in the Super, though maybe not an 18.5.

This may be tainted by having advanced weapons? My current matchups on long matches are with 2.07M bases, and are winnable without making mistakes. I now have the parts ready to craft for the short matches with 15.5 assault and heavy. Then break them out when I upgrade a column or two, but free play for me means completing the base at 75% now first.

So, from my view, I don't see how GLU jumping a full power level on the next Global would benefit them. But yes, I understand my handicapped frame of reference in comparison to the power players!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    This may be tainted by having advanced weapons? My current matchups on long matches are with 2.07M bases, and are winnable without making mistakes. I now have the parts ready to craft for the short matches with 15.5 assault and heavy. Then break them out when I upgrade a column or two, but free play for me means completing the base at 75% now first.

So, from my view, I don't see how GLU jumping a full power level on the next Global would benefit them. But yes, I understand my handicapped frame of reference in comparison to the power players!

You are right that a jump in Global prize levels wouldn't help the average player, but Glu hasn't really shown any interest in helping the player, average or otherwise. How big are the Vaults in your 2.07M opponents? It seems to me that the player playing the freebies should benefit from the bigger vaults.

I am playing freebies only several days a week and am still managing a lot of upgrades. Including Diamond production I am netting about 6M Diamonds a day, which gets me a couple of upgrades daily. I am doing about 50 free PVP, with a minimum Vault of 94K, averaging 97-98 K Vaults. Maybe my experience is not typical though.
  • Options
    I'll accept anywhere from 85 to 113K diamonds. There's an occasional PvP surge (my guesstimate) at times where I may have to hit the 1040 button up to 10 times to get the 80K, then other times where the first couple choices get me in the 100K range. Weekdays, I don't have wi-fi at work for security reasons, so I'm only about 25 free plays on those days, then weekends I can do the 50 free.

And it can be hectic keeping up on 3 GLU games at the same pace. My CKS Tier 11 player has to play 3-4 minutes to execute, MIRN Tier 7 and CKS Tier 15 are quick and easy bouts. I'll have to make a decision soon between the Tier 11 and 15 players, if the frame freezing issue worsens on the older device.

So, I may in total actually be keeping up with your VP rate, if combined - just a meaningless statistic, though.
  • Options
    I'll accept anywhere from 85 to 113K diamonds. There's an occasional PvP surge (my guesstimate) at times where I may have to hit the 1040 button up to 10 times to get the 80K, then other times where the first couple choices get me in the 100K range. Weekdays, I don't have wi-fi at work for security reasons, so I'm only about 25 free plays on those days, then weekends I can do the 50 free.

And it can be hectic keeping up on 3 GLU games at the same pace. My CKS Tier 11 player has to play 3-4 minutes to execute, MIRN Tier 7 and CKS Tier 15 are quick and easy bouts. I'll have to make a decision soon between the Tier 11 and 15 players, if the frame freezing issue worsens on the older device.

So, I may in total actually be keeping up with your VP rate, if combined - just a meaningless statistic, though.

I can't believe you are playing three IDs. I did two for a while and it turned into work. How are you liking MiRN? Seems like everybody is moving over.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I can't believe you are playing three IDs. I did two for a while and it turned into work. How are you liking MiRN? Seems like everybody is moving over.

It's relaxing. The Clans [Agnecy's] are much less serious, and complaints are in comparison to CKS sophom0ric. It was interesting when Tier 6 came out, the region 6 had just about enough diamonds [data crystals] to completely update it - that was bizarre. Tier 7 will take a couple weeks at my rate. The drones, too are much easier to max out, I'll return to those after tier update. Region 7 release a new uptick in fuses and part powers, so they will be more effective. But now, they can inflict about a 1/4 health damage and finish off anyone. The regions have some of the same layouts as CKS, but they use a lot of Turkish style architecture and feature the Dubai Grand Omni hotel interior as the only identifiable location - the map is non-identifiable.

In short, I'd recommend it highly to anyone just starting out in CKS, where you will always be so behind, you'll never catch up to Global standards, and that's considering you're an Amazon player!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Good Morning Gents,

I was thinking about MIRN and CKS just this morning while having coffee. MIRN could be a refuge for those who want to continue playing some version of the game just for fun, obviously. CKS has reached the point where for the first time in recent memory, base defense power is at parity with drone power (even if one hasn't upgraded to that point as yet).

This could mean one of two things. Either another extension of drone updates to something akin to 5.96M OR for the first time in a very long while, defense power will exceed drone power with the release of TIER 16.

While the interrelationship of these two features has never been clear cut, the convergence of 2.95M for both has some significance, though I haven't nailed it down with 100% certainty. The one thing that I am absolutely sure of is that GLU's numbers game ALWAYS has some significance.

Could this be the end? I cannot answer that question right now nor can I predict just how long CKS has to live, but the move over to MIRN might be a desired maneuver at this point in time if you wish to continue competing at some level.

Personally, once CKS hits the wall I'll be done. It's been a long, frustrating journey at times, and I have no desire to go through it all again since I already know the ultimate outcome.

I may have to go back to my online chess tournaments. Do any of you guys play chess?

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    DRONE STATUS:
    DRONE: 295K (Power) - 118/150 (Level) - 52/1165 (XP) - 1.74M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (140K), RL (147K), HR (151K), SG (151K)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 315P (9,450)

FUSES:
    60 x TIER 14 (XP-28); 30 x TIER 13 (XP-26); 16 x TIER 14 (XP-22);

I've effectively used over 10,000 Drone Weapons Parts with under 10,000 remaining; only 315 pages in total. It looks like I will have enough fuses to make 410K drone power during the next Global after all. I'll recycle the massive weapons parts I've been fusing and take it from there.

How does it look to you Sir Brad?

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    And here I thought it was insanity the sheer number of parts GLU was dumping on us. I'm a bit shocked you almost seem to be saying that they planned this out correctly?
  • Options
    And here I thought it was insanity the sheer number of parts GLU was dumping on us. I'm a bit shocked you almost seem to be saying that they planned this out correctly?

I don't know about GLU's ability to plan things out, but I never doubted that I would need every single part **SMILES** of course I didn't have nearly as many parts as our beloved friend.