Options

03/10 SNIPER GLOBAL (Better Peashooters?)

13Next

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    And to mix it up, the Clan Wars schedule is not following DST. Gotta keep us on our toes!

LOL you gotta luv 'em.

Listen I've started skipping battles again, but there seems to be a pattern. If I get a really low vault on the first attempt, say around 50K, a 1M+ vault is soon to follow within 2-3 retries. If I get a moderate sized vault say 700K, it might take 7-8 retries to reach a 1M+ vault ... sometimes 1M+ vaults will come in clusters and have even attracted 2 and 3 of them one right after the other.

I just brought the CUTTLEFISH up to 80% and still cannot crack 1.07M. I've raided quite a few of them, but that appears to be my ceiling for now. We'll see what happens after we grab that 21.5 SNIPER. :)

Maybe NOT upgrading my base is part of the reason for that ceiling of 1.07M ... :( ... my experiment will continue for about another week when I will decide whether to start upgrading my base ... I really want to see what happens at TIER 22 though :)

What was it they once said about curiosity and cats?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I see your clock is finally corrected :) welcome back to DST.

Yes, I noticed that, but I was really hoping for another GLU screwup, selfishly, LOL. In a perfect world for me, I set my clock ahead 1 hour for DST anD GLU left their game clock alone, the global ends at 10:00PM PST instead of 11:00PM PST.
  • Options
    LOL you gotta luv 'em.

Listen I've started skipping battles again, but there seems to be a pattern. If I get a really low vault on the first attempt, say around 50K, a 1M+ vault is soon to follow within 2-3 retries. If I get a moderate sized vault say 700K, it might take 7-8 retries to reach a 1M+ vault ... sometimes 1M+ vaults will come in clusters and have even attracted 2 and 3 of them one right after the other.

I just brought the CUTTLEFISH up to 80% and still cannot crack 1.07M. I've raided quite a few of them, but that appears to be my ceiling for now. We'll see what happens after we grab that 21.5 SNIPER. :)

Maybe NOT upgrading my base is part of the reason for that ceiling of 1.07M ... :( ... my experiment will continue for about another week when I will decide whether to start upgrading my base ... I really want to see what happens at TIER 22 though :)

What was it they once said about curiosity and cats?

I don't think that update our CUTTLEFISH will make a difference in the vault size, because of the power of the FOX. The FOX maxes out at 188.74M, but the CUTTLEFISH only has a max of 161.22M.

I would think that maxing the base economy would help more. My base is at 65% upgraded and my vaults have leveled out, but you are right no increase in max vault.

I am looking forward to what you find out.

One thing that I have noticed, is if I get a 901K vault in the first couple of vaults, if I skip it looking for a bigger vault, it seems takes a long time before I get another 900K or a 1M vault.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I don't think that update our CUTTLEFISH will make a difference in the vault size, because of the power of the FOX. The FOX maxes out at 188.74M, but the CUTTLEFISH only has a max of 161.22M.

I would think that maxing the base economy would help more. My base is at 65% upgraded and my vaults have leveled out, but you are right no increase in max vault.

I am looking forward to what you find out.

One thing that I have noticed, is if I get a 901K vault in the first couple of vaults, if I skip it looking for a bigger vault, it seems takes a long time before I get another 900K or a 1M vault.

Agreed ... the FOX is the main reason for the large vaults and by that logic the FENNEC which tops out at 241.17 should give us a sizeable boost in vault sizes. So ... if we maintain a 60 day upgrade cycle for the TESLA, then we're going to need to keep the SNIPER up to date moving forward. It's cheap to upgrade and is a small price to pay for the larger vaults.

Next on my to do list is to acquire a 21.5 ASSAULT weapon. It should have the same effect on short battle vault sizes. I can then start my base upgrades (again maybe) using diamonds won during an ASSAULT Global ... best laid plans always hit a snag though :)

Yeah I know ... there's one waiting for me in the VIP Event :( problem is I choose not to participate and would rather fight for the weapon. Another one of those nightmarish League Events could kill my spirit ... yet again LOL
  • Options
    RANK #1: 32,512 AP (BAKICAR)
    RANK #2: 23,745 AP (MARAT)
    RANK #3: 23,396 AP (ORLIIK)
    RANK #10: 13,020 AP (CROMAN666)
    RANK #30: 8,499 AP (QUICKSILVERX)
    RANK #52: 6,335 AP (SCORPION) ... TOOBAD (35 Parts) is in play :cool:

257 Victories; No Losses. Cruising along ...

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Agreed ... the FOX is the main reason for the large vaults and by that logic the FENNEC which tops out at 241.17 should give us a sizeable boost in vault sizes. So ... if we maintain a 60 day upgrade cycle for the TESLA, then we're going to need to keep the SNIPER up to date moving forward. It's cheap to upgrade and is a small price to pay for the larger vaults.

Next on my to do list is to acquire a 21.5 ASSAULT weapon. It should have the same effect on short battle vault sizes. I can then start my base upgrades (again maybe) using diamonds won during an ASSAULT Global ... best laid plans always hit a snag though :)

Yeah I know ... there's one waiting for me in the VIP Event :( problem is I choose not to participate and would rather fight for the weapon. Another one of those nightmarish League Events could kill my spirit ... yet again LOL

I know you probably don't want to hear this but the Sorceror Assault, 22.5, 314.57M/482.35M is playing to rave reviews.
  • Options

The FENNEC should give a boost to the LR vault sizes.

Brad, what have you found using the SHAMROCK MKII (279.97M)? Have your LR max vaults increased past the 1.07M range?

I need to increase my SR weapons, also. Currently, I am using a 20.5 PANDA (104.33M) and the 20.5 ORC HEAVY (138.15M). The ORC is upgraded to 80% and I have not upgraded it any further, because I am skipping all SR battles, right now. The reason that I am skipping SR battles is because of vault size, Right now, my SR vaults are running in the 600K - 700K range, whereas my LR vaults are in the 900K - 1.07M range.

I am going to be looking at the upcoming VIP events as I currently have almost 3700 free Gold built up.

My playing time is going to suffer for the next couple of weeks as I need to re-certify my CCNA so that I can be sent to Florida, the first part of April for a week, to certify as a CCSI (Cisco Certified System Instructor).
  • Options
    My playing time is going to suffer for the next couple of weeks as I need to re-certify my CCNA so that I can be sent to Florida, the first part of April for a week, to certify as a CCSI (Cisco Certified System Instructor).

If you're not going to be able to put in the time over the next two weeks (other than leisurely gameplay), then I might advise that you get your base completely upgraded (preferably BEFORE you depart) and save your GOLD for TIER 22.

If you spend the GOLD now, you won't get much "bang for the buck" because you won't be playing much. If you wait, you'll be in the same circumstance in roughly 3.5 weeks from now and there will be a 22.5 weapon sitting @ 3,500 GOLD instead of the 21.5.

That said, the RAINBOW MKII is beaconing (beckoning) me :)
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I know you probably don't want to hear this but the Sorceror Assault, 22.5, 314.57M/482.35M is playing to rave reviews.

Sir Brad ... I must admit I like the name SORCEROR and that top end of 482.35M is quite impressive.

I know the weapon has a 60 day shelf life from past experience with these VIP ASSAULT weapons. It has more killing power than any Global HEAVY that will be featured over the next two months.

So how can SCORPION turn a blind eye and walk away? ... I'm starting to ponder the same thing :)

What do I really want? ... an ASSAULT WEAPON named "SCORPION" ... LMAO

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Global numbers on Apple platform with 7 Hours to go:

#1 33721 DG1923I
    #2 27004 TOPDRAGON1688
    #3 26060 LEXA1971

#10 19435 TETSU15

#26 14410 BRAD752

#30 13582 BADDOG00

I am sitting #172 with 4860 points. 199 wins 0 Losses. Still in cruising, just acquiring Diamonds
  • Options

Agreed, so I'm upgrading the BASE ECONOMY to confirm if that has any effect on vault payouts. I'll tell you one thing ... the more I experiment with BASE DEFENSE components, the more useless the base becomes.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    RANK #1: 33,187 AP (BAKICAR)
    RANK #2: 24.596 AP (ORLIIK)
    RANK #3: 24,535 AP (MARAT)
    RANK #10: 14,479 AP (TOKAPEB)
    RANK #30: 9,607 AP (PIGEON)
    RANK #49: 7,310 AP (SCORPION) ... TOOBAD (35 Parts) is in play :cool:

296 Victories; No Losses. That's a wrap ... it's "Bedtime for Bonzo" ... 20.5 CUTTLEFISH @ 100%.

New Record High Vault Take: 1.09M Diamonds. Ooh Rah !!! I finally broke through the ceiling :)

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    The only practical (realistic) use of base upgrades is for vault capacity ... that's it. We've all known that BASE ECONOMY was important since that was always the first component we upgraded, but now the game has mutated to the point where it is the ONLY component that "needs" to be upgraded.

The depressing part is that this single component is responsible for upgrading weapons, box by box, and if the cost of that upgrade exceeds the vault's capacity, you cannot use diamonds to apply the upgrade.

Hard to accept that 805M+ diamonds and a thousand PvP victories are required for a modest increase in vault capacity of 13M diamonds at TIER 21 over TIER 20.

How do we circumvent this shortcoming? The obvious (quick) answer is to not upgrade the weapons at all (at least those upgrades that exceed the capacity of the vault) which becomes problematic in many ways. At one level below the prevailing TIER, that's usually the 60% power threshold.

If you're the type of player who rarely upgrades your weapons, then the answer is a no brainer ... STOP upgrading the defense base, for you are surely wasting your time and effort.

Collating ....

Now this prescription is for those seeking relief from the DEFENSE BASE upgrade grind. For those that play constantly OR consider throwing away millions of diamonds as just another "part of the game" ... carry on ... no harm, no foul.

:):(:):(:)
  • Options
    Congratulations Sir Brad ... I figured you did the do around 1 PM yesterday EST. KUDOS :)

Remember I promised to stick around long enough to see you become #1 ALL TIME ... well, that has come to pass my friend.

Again ... CONGRATS !!!

Thank you. Thanks for sticking around while I got the job done. It only took 18 months. LOL
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Thank you. Thanks for sticking around while I got the job done. It only took 18 months. LOL

Wow is that all ... it seems like forever !!! Anyways, you deserve it ... Well Done BRAD.

Well it's Monday in the Silver League and I'm tied for 1st/2nd at only 70 VP and they've already started to play musical ranks. Boy what I would do to get my hands on the genius that thought this would raise competition to the highest level.

*** SMH ***
  • Options
    Agreed, so I'm upgrading the BASE ECONOMY to confirm if that has any effect on vault payouts. I'll tell you one thing ... the more I experiment with BASE DEFENSE components, the more useless the base becomes.

*** SMILES ***

I've confirmed that upgrading the BASE ECONOMY has little or no effect on opponent vault sizes. I have also confirmed that acquiring a 21.x ASSAULT weapon will have the same effect on SHORT RANGE vault sizes as a 21.x SNIPER rifle has on LONG RANGE vault sizes.

I've determined that the combination of both SNIPER and ASSAULT at parity will result in marginally larger vault sizes for all battles (SHORT or LONG), as well as push the vault size ceiling higher than would otherwise be achieved if only one weapon type were at the prevailing level.

If it wasn't for these periodic projects of mine, I wouldn't be able to pull myself back from the "brink of boredom" ... it has a therapeutic value I guess :)
  • Options
    It was yet another "photo finish" earlier this morning and was practically identical to the Silver League DAY #1 finish a week ago today when the 20.5 CUTTLEFISH was up for grabs ...
    ... in fact, only the names of the victims had changed ... same rank, same VP total. :)

Screenshot_20160315-025957.png?psid=1

Immediately following the crafting (equipping) of the 21.5 CORSAC, a string of PvP battles ensued.

Although my current ceiling of 1.09M persists, raiding 1M+ diamond vaults are now the norm, with most "raids" coming home in under 5 retries.

LONG vs SHORT range battles are running at close to 50/50.

All LONG RANGE opponents are coming up as "WHITE" as opposed to "GREEN". I attribute this to the fact that the CORSAC @ 0% is much less powerful than the FOX @ 100%.

I'll gradually upgrade the CORSAC and inform you of the results.

Screenshot_20160315-033200.png?psid=1

The DEFENSE BASE upgrades experiment continues; only the BASE ECONOMY has been upgraded thus far. I'll make a decision on whether to complete the base upgrades by the close of the next Global Event on 03/20/16.

Recently acquired 21.5 RAINBOW MKII should be at 100% power later on this morning. The acquisition of this weapon was a calculated, strategic decision. Only time will tell if it was the "right" decision.

Finally ... an Android OS update was applied and I can confirm that version 6.0.1 is safe to install.

A most productive week considering TIER 21 was delivered only 5 days ago ...
    ... not bad at all, if I must say so :cool:

TOTAL COST: 3,515 GOLD including 2,707 (free) GOLD accumulated as of previous cycle. With a balance of 597 GOLD, that translates into roughly -- $9.99 -- spent on this Global.

With proper planning and management of resources, this game does NOT need to be a costly experience in order to be a successful one; but you need to spend something :)
  • Options
    Well here you go Scorpion, something for you to shoot for. Now this happens to be a real player, so it will not affect what the bot are paying, but it is pretty to look it.

16h25tv.jpg
  • Options
    Well here you go Scorpion, something for you to shoot for. Now this happens to be a real player, so it will not affect what the bot are paying, but it is pretty to look it.

16h25tv.jpg

WOW !!! Now THAT'S a vault ... I can only dream of seeing something that large :) I tried going though my log looking for any real players that paid 1M+ and couldn't find a single one ... they're all bots.

When you tap the "fought battle" and the profiles come back "PLAYER NOT FOUND", that's a bot right?
  • Options
    WOW !!! Not THAT'S a vault ... I can only dream of seeing something that large :) I tried going though my log looking for any real players that paid 1M+ and couldn't find a single one ... they're all bots.

When you tap the "fought battle" and the profiles come back "PLAYER NOT FOUND", that's a bot right?

Yes that is correct. On IOS, we see Player Info Unavailable. With a real player, you are able view their profile. Deuzz was the first real player that I have fought in over a month. All of the other real players that I have found, had emptied their vaults before they logged off, hence I end up skipping them.
  • Options
    Yes that is correct. On IOS, we see Player Info Unavailable. With a real player, you are able view their profile. Deuzz was the first real player that I have fought in over a month. All of the other real players that I have found, had emptied their vaults before they logged off, hence I end up skipping them.

Yeah that's the message "PLAYER INFO UNAVAILABLE" ... my bad. But I agree that most of the smaller vaults are real players ... I need to catch someone asleep I guess LOL
  • Options
    My nephew took a crack at PvP in MIRN tonight, which I though was strange since he never played the Global, but he and one other player were all there was in his bracket ... he was disappointed.

I figured it might be a good teaching opportunity, but thought better of it ... :) not such a good idea to introduce "competition" to a 5 yo, at least not in a video game right?

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    All LONG RANGE opponents are coming up as "WHITE" as opposed to "GREEN". I attribute this to the fact that the CORSAC @ 0% is much less powerful than the FOX @ 100%.

I'll gradually upgrade the CORSAC and inform you of the results.

The 21.0 FOX SNIPER's maximum power is 188.74M, while the 21.5 CORSAC tops out at 214.96M.

100% Power on the FOX is at parity with the CORSAC @ 80% power (189.79M).

At 80% power of 21.5 weapons, parity is also achieved with the defensive power of TIER 21 (188.74M); any weapon that exceeds that threshold has limited "practical" use at TIER 21 ... obviously.

21.5 SNIPERS and 21.5 ASSAULTS consistently draw 188.74M defenses with a cloned drone ("bots").

I'm not expecting any sizeable increase in vault sizes at this time, but at 100% the CORSAC should start to draw roughly 1.2M diamond vaults (average) from maximum defenses, if my calculations hold true :)

It is a rare occurrence that a raided vault size is under 1.02M diamonds. In fact I had to go back to midday yesterday to locate a vault paying under 1M, which is a good thing given the current cost of base upgrades.
  • Options
    On another note, I am slowly regaining some motivation to fight, but the realization that I'm winning diamonds that will ultimately get throw down a "black hole" is bothersome. It all comes back to my most consistent complaint ... where are the rewards for winning? Surely GLU can do better !!!

I do realize that prizes were never much more than newer weapons in this game, but CKS has become nothing more than increased vault payouts that are immediately used for base upgrades which have a "net" cost increase of 5% over the previous tier ... you can never get ahead. Defensive strategies are completely absent and obsolete; anyone can defeat anyone else's defense.

If you're going to ask me to win 1,000 PvP battles per cycle ...
    ... at least let me choose what to spend the diamonds on; upgrading The Base is worse than upgrading The Drone ... unfortunately most players will experience problems upgrading either of these ...
    ... neither is a bargain ... with 80-90% of all winnings going towards base upgrades?

It is without a doubt ... the "High Rollers" paradise.

Just Venting ... Now it's time to turn things up a notch !!!
  • Options
    CONCERNED ... I wanted to wish you the best of luck in re-certifying your CCNA. I know that certification isn't easy and is time intensive, so it's best to leave the tablet in the hotel room :)

I would have said, leave it home, but you're a big boy LMAO
  • Options
    SIR BRAD ... other than those closest to you on the leaderboard, I believe your place in history will be safe for some time to come. With every new TIER you complete you are making it more improbable that someone can actually catch you; but not just because of the VP needed (which will be hard enough), but for the amount of time, effort and expense that will be required to overtake you.

It's one thing achieving the ultimate milestone, it's quite another to catch and overtake that individual ...
    ... as TZ undoubtedly is well aware :)

KUDOS on a truly monumental achievement !!!
  • Options
    CONCERNED ... I wanted to wish you the best of luck in re-certifying your CCNA. I know that certification isn't easy and is time intensive, so it's best to leave the tablet in the hotel room :)

I would have said, leave it home, but you're a big boy LMAO

Well I have completed the first half of my Cisco Certification today. I passed the. CCNA 200-120 exam with a score of 961 out of 1000. Fortunately, I was able to do this one from home, so it was not too bad. But, it did cut into my CKS/MIRN playing time, big time.

I finished the CKS GLOBAL in 700th place and missed out on the 1st two 100 Gold milestone.

I just found out the 2nd half of the Certification, the CCSI will be moved from Florida to Rochester, New York. I am still waiting on the dates.
  • Options
    SIR BRAD ... other than those closest to you on the leaderboard, I believe your place in history will be safe for some time to come. With every new TIER you complete you are making it more improbable that someone can actually catch you; but not just because of the VP needed (which will be hard enough), but for the amount of time, effort and expense that will be required to overtake you.

It's one thing achieving the ultimate milestone, it's quite another to catch and overtake that individual ...
    ... as TZ undoubtedly is well aware :)
    KUDOS on a truly monumental achievement !!!

Thanks. Right now the top 4 players on the IOS All Time Leaderboard are within 10k of one another. It is unlikely to resolve itself for weeks or maybe months. I will keep you posted.