Options

Mecahnized Combat Units

Comments

• Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    it must have been rigged .. unless I win Gold on each spin .. like whaaaa ?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    What I've found is that I get (past tense) more GOLD than anything else, aside from equipment. Since we can no longer use tokens in CKS 6.0, this has been relegated to all "Wheel of Fortune" defunct aspects since there is NO WAY I am going to spend GOLD to try and acquire anything that these boxes offer ...
    ... so WENDIGO will be added to the rest of my useless collection of partially crafted items. :(
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    Well pvp lr is taking around 1.30 min to complete not counting the load time. It freezes also. The elite maps when played sometimes go into endless loop while loading. If i get to load a contract my player runs into the dark abiss for 3 min. Drone rockets still floating in air. 2cz2815.jpg
  • Options
    LMAO ... I'm not sure what that "Drone Rockets Floating In Air" is all about ... LITTLE ME hits everything he aims at. When you say floating, do you mean they are stationary OR hovering?

Might be a GPU glitch and possibly nearing the limits of what your device can support?

There's nothing like falling into the abyss (repeatedly) :) have you run into any bad guys hiding under the floor yet?

This is unbelievable ... every major flaw OR bug we've ever encountered for 1.5 years seems to have returned in CKS 6.0. Makes you wonder eh?
  • Options
    The drone rocket issue was recognized by glu as i posted a ticket they said they know of the problem and working on it. Rockets bounce of walls and the oponents then float and hover around sometimes going skywards slowly. Having falling into dark with elite maps only.
  • Options
    The drone rocket issue was recognized by glu as i posted a ticket they said they know of the problem and working on it. Rockets bounce of walls and the oponents then float and hover around sometimes going skywards slowly. Having falling into dark with elite maps only.

If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious ... rockets bouncing off the walls (or the opponents) and then floating in mid-air ...
    ... you've got to give it to them GLUTONS, they have one helluva sense of humor. :)
  • Options
    Tob14Tob14 Registered Users 4 Posts
    imagepng
  • Options
  • Options
    What's a devWhat's a dev Registered Users 21 Posts
    Looks like 91-250 is the place to be for robocoins
  • Options
    Cks version 6.0.1 available in App Store. It fixes the rocket glitch. But also makes mcus invincible to explosive damage as long they have shields. Also drone ineffective also when shields active.
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents ...

Here are a few observations:

(1) NANOCRYSTALS are worth their weight in GOLD, literally, maybe worth even more ...
    ... The key to THE NEW GAME, is to accumulate these as quickly as possible so we can purchase things like better weapons; TESLAs for example. This is pretty much obvious, I would think.

(2) Although the MCUs "appear" (for now) to be invincible, YOU are just as invincible ... all that's needed is a victory BEFORE the clock runs out. This much is consistent with the "regular" campaigns since in all the time I've been playing ...
    ... I've never heard of ANYONE dying in battle trying to close a campaign contract.

(3) When conventional weapons and overwhelming support drone power just will NOT make the grade, a simple knife throw will do ... go figure? LMAO

(4) An adequate TESLA will be needed very soon, but in the meantime a single "standard" rocket can do what countless drone rockets cannot ... again, go figure?

(5) Thinking a little "out of the box", I do NOT mind using the equipment since I have well over 11,000 pieces (and climbing) ...
    ... what else am I going to do with them? Besides I like watching things "blow up". :cool:

So this much is clear: The NEW GAME has dynamics that can not be "retrofitted" from OLD GAME battle tactics (and visa versa) OR weaponry, for that matter ...
    ... but for now, EVERYONE, MCUs and AGENTS alike, are enjoying "The Invincibility Effect".

Calling on ALL agents ...
    ... If you locate a means for acquiring vast amounts of NANOCRYSTALS in short order, The SCORPION would love to hear about it ... I may even present you with a reward !!!

Finally ... since the GLU Developers have invested so much time and effort into bringing THE NEW GAME to us, I feel I must, in the very least, be patient enough to put it through the paces ...
    ... I promise to give it that much. :)

Has anyone else noticed that moving from PvP to Elite after playing for awhile may require a game restart? I've noticed that the game becomes sluggish after playing either for awhile ...
    ... it's probably a good idea to restart periodically anyways though.

Oh almost forgot ... when MCUs are referred to as "Invincible", this mostly applies to Long Range contracts since we're using a quite useless SNIPER. Once we collect enough crystals (diamonds by any other name) to purchase (rather "EVOLVE") a TESLA, this will change dramatically !!! ...
    ... In the meantime, the standard ROCKET has now become your best friend. :)

The MCUs have started to invade my PvP space and I've found that killing all the other infantry folk makes killing MCU folk easier since you will NOT come under fire from so many different sources ...
    ... this will unquestionably slow PvP down quite a bit and place some real noticeable limits on scoring totals in general.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    24wvwr5.jpg

Here we go after the so call 6.0.1 version. The Connection problem with Wifi is back just like the very very . old days of CKS. The strangers of all things .. Internet browsing and other games works tremendously fine on my device .

And when I switch to my pure data phone line CKS is back to normal again ... ermmm where is the science of that ?
  • Options
    Zeusisme wrote: »
    24wvwr5.jpg

Here we go after the so call 6.0.1 version. The Connection problem with Wifi is back just like the very very . old days of CKS. The strangers of all things .. Internet browsing and other games works tremendously fine on my device .

And when I switch to my pure data phone line CKS is back to normal again ... ermmm where is the science of that ?

Yeah I noticed this last night ... wait for 5-10 minutes; then restart if it doesn't recover on it's own.

This one is easy and probably is a prelude to yet another update ... :)
  • Options
    As I am typing now already 5 hours wait .. and countless restarts .... countless because i really lost counts after 5 restarts and the game just would not start at all.
  • Options
    Zeusisme wrote: »
    As I am typing now already 5 hours wait .. and countless restarts .... countless because i really lost counts after 5 restarts and the game just would not start at all.

Now that is strange ... try clearing out the cache.
  • Options
    Holy Cow ... 4-5 x FULLLY CHARGED 32.5 TESLA BLASTS just to kill an MCU denizen BEFORE I could get a clean shot at the "spook" ...
    ... MCUs are now running interference for "spooks" fulltime.

This specific battle did NOT present a JUGGERNAUT however, and one can only imagine a battle vs. MCUs and JUGGERNAUTS.

Another battle featuring MCUs and JUGGS was some helluva fight ...
    ... thanks for the help LITTLE ME; you saved me some time and equipment.

Alright GLU ... I'll bite ... you now have MY attention. :cool:

I also feel the game should offer NANOCRYSTAL awards for fighting MCUs in PvP? ...
    ... how about some "icing on the cake" and give us some new prize awards.
  • Options
    After the update resync errors coming at pvp oponent selection screen. The game keeps restarting. Great update
  • Options
    Screenshot_20161111-134144.png?psid=1

Is there no place sacred anymore? Slumped over and thought to be dead, The SCORPION Rises ...
    ... mercilessly slaughtering every last one of them. LMAO

LITTLE ME ... a word ... PLEASE !!! ... what were you doing back there?

Are we having fun yet? :cool:
  • Options
    MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    I just shoot the mcu using quick short blasts of the tesla instead holding down to charge.
    MJ
  • Options
    Mjulien wrote: »
    I just shoot the mcu using quick short blasts of the tesla instead holding down to charge.

I hear ya Bro ...
    ... I think I'll just settle for sending a rocket up the bazinga; take out two SENTRIES and as many of those foot soldiers as I can. :cool:

Nothing like 1 SHOT 4 KILLS ... I'm done fencing with these mech heads. LOL
  • Options
    MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    The bazinga...hehehehe!
    MJ
  • Options
    Please refer to "CKS Version 6.0 MCUs: Early Observations":
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?227498-Mecahnized-Combat-Units&p=517525&viewfull=1#post517525

Screenshot_20161111-134144.png?psid=1

As the captured image above demonstrates, taking refuge behind some obstacle or barricade will NOT protect you from the dreaded JUGGERNAUT ... he can (and will) get right up in your face; close up and personal like.

In fact, in some battle scenarios he can get so close you can stick you HEAVY weapon right in his mouth and start pumping countless rounds of hot lead down his throat ... a relatively easy kill for a JUGG ... the JUGG still wields the biggest stick in the playground though.
    ... but YOU want to know about the NEW and "improved" PvP experience with the addition of MCUs right?

I mean, GLU kept us in suspense for a little over a month ...

So the first thing most new players would want to know is how difficult are these new PvP battles and do the MCUs add even more difficulty to these battles ...
    ... The short answer is, if you're current on your upgrades and haven't taken any "short cuts", the battles themselves are easier than BEFORE CKS 6.0. This is best illustrated by the following captured image.

Screenshot_20161112-104851.png?psid=1

The battle sequence started with a knife thrown at the "Mech Head" early on, followed by a sustained HEAVY barrage that dispatched the JUGGERNAUT ... all during this time, LITTLE ME was picking off the foot soldiers.

Once in position to take the "kill shot", all I need do was sit back and let the drone finish the job.

Not one MedKit was burned and Player Health had barely nudged ...
    ... so it doesn't get much easier than that.

If you haven't developed your drone, then the battle experience can be summed up as ...
    ... you just have one more bad guy to kill and a knife will usually do the trick :cool: nothing else changes.

Surprisingly, Long Range PvP Battles are marginally more difficult, but that difficulty simply means there are usually more bad guys to kill; each and every one of them may need to die, MCUs included, BEFORE the "spook" will make his appearance ...

All of these aspects converge so that PvP Battles take longer to fight and win.

This departs from previous versions of CKS ...
    ... where LR PvP Battles could be won is as little as 15 Seconds ...
    No more !!! ... the net result is slower gameplay and lower scoring totals as a result, in general.

This will also affect how long it takes to perform upgrades, such as those we typically apply to the Defense Base with each new tier release ...
    ... It may slow down the "high rollers", but I don't expect that the average player will need more time than they already typically spend playing this game.

The FULL impact of MCUs will not be known until TIER 33 arrives next week. I suspect that the MCUs will get stronger .... but that is not much different than the battles themselves becoming more difficult as we move from one TIER to the next.

As it stands today, MCUs are hard to kill using conventional tactics, but there are weaknesses that can be exploited quite easily; presently, the MCUs' firepower is nothing to be concerned about ...
    ... that could change at any time however.

So ... we'll take this topic up again once TIER 33 is released, but until then ...

• Options
    At what regions are each mdu released? I.e. North America - rusty. Europe - omega-5...
  • Options
    From where I sit, all MCUs are MDUs (figuratively speaking) since we're always on offense and our opponents are always on defense. That said, the logical place would be an additional component added to the DEFENSE BASE which may make it's debut when TIER 33 is released.

The above is only speculation however ... I could easily envisage PvP Battles morphing into all of the opponents "evolving" into MCUs (or MDUs) :) The campaigns themselves seem to be nothing more than a vehicle to increase "TECH POWER" and indirectly increasing the "SHIELD POWER" of our opponents, which brings me to my next observation ...

@TECH POWER=100, I've found that opponent SHIELD POWER ranges from 660-1010. I've also noticed that all opponents can effectively "re-spawn" if you don't kill them straight out; all of the "old" guys have a "healing ray" of sorts and all of the MCUs can re-generate their shields if you don't keep attacking ...
    ... Once the shield is completely knocked out, they become "mere mortals".

Now starting today, I shall turn my complete attention to these ELITE "campaign contracts" and as much as I hate doing it, I fear that I will need to start "banging my head against the wall" and complete a few of these new fangled regions.

In the meantime, to get a jump on some statistics, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any data that correlates "TECH POWER" to "SHIELD POWER" ??? My suspicion is that as we progress through the regions (and re-acquire better weapons), TECH POWER will increase ...
    ... causing opponent SHIELD POWER to increase in lock-step.

In short (and if true) I could infer that with each passing completed region, the PvP opponents will get stronger making the battles more difficult ... I don't have a real problem with that, but it DOES turn us 180 degrees around since closing the traditional campaign contracts increase PLAYER HEALTH which makes battles easier, in effect.

This is one of the main reasons why I've been slow to close the Elite contracts because I don't know what effect it will have on the game in it's entirety ... yet. :cool:

I'll have some tangible and measureable answers soon, but if anyone can shed some light on what I've "speculated" on above, it would be much appreciated.

Remember that the Elite Campaigns are there to "enhance" your PvP gaming experience; it is NOT a substitution type activity (unless closing contracts is all you want to do). So every milestone reached or achievements made will certainly affect how successful you will become at competing PvP and winning those stale prizes (again, if that's what you want to do). LOL

As always ... striking a balance has been and remains the rule of the day; become imbalanced, and the effects can be catastrophic. Problem is, I haven't determined what "balanced" implies with regards to those pesky MCUs ... this will be done.

• Options
    OK ... Region #1 is complete and "Big Mac" is dead ... R.I.P.

It was painful and took me a couple of hours of painstakingly upgrading BOTH primary weapons to 40-45% of rated power ...
    ... but I had a "pot of GOLD" waiting on the other side right?

I had that T-10 SPARK TESLA, fully upgraded back in April of 2015, waiting to be "evolved", and all I needed was 13 measly NANOCRYSTALS ... I had already accumulated eight (8) of them, so surely killing the boss was worth five (5) more ???

WRONG !!!

I only won four (4) more of these pseudo-gems bringing my total up to 12, one crystal short of having a FULLY UPGRADED (and EVOLVED, I might add) new "Current State Of The Art" ...
    ... T-I-E-R ... O-N-E ... T-E-S-L-A ... whoopee !!!

So after 2-3 hours of closing contracts, upgrading 2 x totally useless weapons (I already owned) for the privilege of burning 50 or so rockets, knives and grenades ... I'm now at TIER 2 wondering what effect, if any, all of this has had on improving my gaming experience ...

I'll let you know shortly. :cool:

UPDATE: TECH POWER and SHIELD POWER is unchanged, even that fracking reminder to "Kill The Boss" and collect more Intel on these MCUs is still persistently popping up ...
    ... do we need to kill 31 x more bosses (or more) over the course of a year (or longer) to make this d.a.m.n popup go away?

Nothing, that I can tell, has changed ... nothing at all.

Someone please, can anyone tell me what the point of all of this is? Surely there must be a reason. :(

Jeez Louise ... you just can't make this stuff up !!!

Well it's almost kick-off time ... let me go see if the NY Jets can win today; Lord knows I haven't won anything so far. LOL

UPDATE:
    As usual, the Jets lost and I've never seen so many punts in a single game ... man I can't get a break.
  • Options
    The Jets lost, as usual, but Seattle vs New England is (was) a great game SEA 31 - NE 24 ... 25 seconds remaining, Brady has his team near the goal line and Seattle has no more time outs.

Looks like Seattle is going to win and save my day; that's where my money is. :cool:

The best New England can do is force OT.

14 Seconds remaining, the Seahawks take over after New England failed to score on 4th and goal ...
    ... this one is a wrap and time for the traditional Jack following a winning wager. :)

Back on topic:

Here's a rather personal decision that we're all going to need to make.

NANOCRYSTALS are rare and precious ... I'm sure everyone will agree on that.

Do we hoard them for a later day OR do we use them the first chance we get?

We cannot "evolve" a TIER 5 TESLA, until we evolve all of it's predecessor TIER 1-4 variants ...
    ... decisions, decisions.

How many rockets are you willing to burn? :)
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Until I hear some benefit in acquiring Tech Power, and PVP matches not taking longer than usual, when and if we get version 6.0 I am staying away from Elite Campaigns. The ideas of fighting machines and seeing new opponents sound intriguing, but man, do I really need to spend more time on this game to have fun?

Scorpion, thanks for your evaluations to date. But, we need clearly defined carrots here and there don't seem to be any. Regarding Mech Teslas, are you saying to get a Tesla later on, you have to have all the previous models leading up to it? One of the nice bonuses of my first Tesla was in going back to all the regions I passed by getting the diamonds left. Do we know if Elite Campaigns have something similar?

One of my characters bought a T-10 Spark, one of the most wasteful buys of my experience. That may be the only Tesla I bought?

Wonder if GLU drops this bomb on us today? In other news, only saw 1 person in Global talking about not being able to equip their new won sniper. There where 2+ guys in my clan that acquired the skinless Trombone. Wonder if any of the top 30 come here to complain? I noticed the heavy offered in VIP and the Tesla offered as 1st league prize both don't have skins. It's getting worse. Everyone's talking about blue guns.
  • Options
    Good Morning TRY_AGAIN ...

Sorry to hear about the "skinless" issue persisting; it once was an isolated "bug" that rarely happened.

It's also troubling to me that CKS (now up to version 6.0.1) has yet to be updated on the Amazon platform.

The consensus regarding "evolving" weapons seems to be to ignore that activity for now, at least in as far as those 5 new Elite Campaign Regions. Several have made it all the way using nothing more than rockets, so I plan to do the same.

The "logical" side of me struggles with upgrading a weapon (SNIPER) that's completely useless BUT the "practical" side of me dictates that I do NOT expend resources needlessly ...
    ... in this case the rare and precious NANOCRYSTALS.

What the true implications are for completing these regions OR not have yet to be determined since everyone is a trailblazer in this regard. Rest assured that when I have a solid prognosis, I will post it.

For now, that is what GLU wants us to do ... and that bothers me to no end. LOL

The long hoped for (more than a year running) of a revised prize award structure, still eludes us ...
    ... no new carrots, in fact ... no carrots at all, I'm sorry to say. :(

Hang in there ... :)
  • Options
    This afternoon, I believe I encountered my first battle versus an opponent with MCU "Rusty" and MCU "Omega". I noticed an orange or yellow balloon above their heads (I suppose these can be upgraded) ...
    ... they also appeared to have SHIELD POWERs (blue bar above their name). :)

No problem ... sustained HEAVY weapon barrage put them down quickly ... not nearly as resilient as SENTRIES and far from a JUGG ... but they're starting to make their appearances.

Just some extra bad guys sent on their way to meet their maker ... no threat at all. :cool:

Now the following images are more recent and these two guys caught my attention ...

Screenshot_20161114-173223.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161114-173303.png?psid=1

If you'll notice ... one is a RECRUIT, the other a MERCENARY ... now if you look closely both are showing signs of metamorphosing into MCUs including SHEILDS.

They pass on just like anyone else at the hands of my HEAVY, but it confirms one thing I believe, as you complete these Elite Campaigns you're increasing the strength of your foes.

Now this is all very rudimentary in nature based on a very limited sampling of data, but it sure as hell looks like we're headed in that direction ...
    ... Proceed with EXTREME caution !!!
  • Options
    Good Morning Agents,

Most everyone should have had some taste of combat versus these "Mech Heads" since even the overly cautious and "never in a hurry" SCORPION has completed the 1st Elite Region".

Whether or NOT I proceed any further will hinge on a very simple and basic game aspect ...

TIER 33

It's due today and would represent, along with the current League Events, a completed Event Cycle with a new DEFENSE BASE.

While I'm on the topic, let's talk League Event Prizes.

I awakened this morning to finishing @ RANK #4 ... RANKS #2-#3 get 3 ROBOTOKENS ...
    ... RANKS #7-#10 get 1 ROBOTOKEN ...
    ... why does RANKS #4-#6 (and RANK #1, for that matter) get no ROBOTOKENS ???

It would seem logical that I would have collected 2 ROBOTOKENS ... but when did "logic" ever play an integral part of CKS anyways? :cool:

GLU could have also given the player who won the d.a.m.n event 4 ROBOTOKENS, right?

See this is exactly what I'm referring to by "restructuring the prize awards" ... had they done THAT, they could have thrown the rest out the window for I would have been very happy, personally.