Options

Are their any real players with 369k drones?

TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
How is it possible at this time to have a real player have a 369k drone. If it was a prize it would have been in a super (hidden) VIP prize for those spending.more.than 6000 in gold who get access to weapons no.one else sees.
A 369k drone is an incredibly valuable prize. I am at 18.6k and it takes over 950,000 diamonds or over 1682 gold plus fuse parts. This is for just one level for drone. And besides the cost and where did drone parts come from, how did they update the weapons with the insane freezing with each push of the button.
I was attacked by ANDREYHALE, WOLVERINE Clan. Profile was 369k drone, 11.5 Horn 235.52k sniper, 11.5 Cello 209.9k assault, 11.5 Landslide 314.88k Tesla, 11.5 Naga 314.37k Heavy. Is this person real? I am curious what it took to get this incredibly equipted. Obviously had a maxed out base.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You can find out if they are real or GLU generated player by going to the home page, clicking the people icon, and in the battle log page click on the "person" that attacked you. If there are a bunch of stars for level, clan and any other areas, they are bots.

I have seen a real player with 51K drone, and I bet that cost quite a few million diamonds, or untold gold. He was difficult to defeat as the health meter was dropping quickly even when behind cover. Long attack mission.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Yeah it would be a minor miracle to sit there and build a 369k drone. It would take hours upon hours even if I had the diamonds ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    One of the members of my clan on Amazon, Silentdeath, has maxxed out his Drone at 369 K. He plays the game very seriously, plays the game hard several hours every day. He says he has not lost a battle since he maxxed out the Drone. No surprise there.

Too bad the player profiles continue to show your own Drone power, not the other guys. That would answer the question definitively.
  • Options
    xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
    Something else that I don't understand is the following... I belong to a clan. I update my drone with my diamonds, or gold. Once my drone advances by the meager steps that are achieved by my vault, why is it that every other member get's the benefit of what I have invested ??? I am not complaining, I just don't understand why thi is !!!
  • Options
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    Something else that I don't understand is the following... I belong to a clan. I update my drone with my diamonds, or gold. Once my drone advances by the meager steps that are achieved by my vault, why is it that every other member get's the benefit of what I have invested ??? I am not complaining, I just don't understand why thi is !!!

This is just a glitch in the software. (One of many) It is displaying your drone power, not the other guys. Everybody you look out shows your drone in their profile.
  • Options
    xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
    OK ... That answers that !!!
  • Options
    TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    Bradr752, i appreciate your posts. U appraised me of the super vip events. Ask your clan mate to reply to this post and have him/her tells us what it took to do it. Appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I can confirm there are real players with the maxed drone. Not many though.
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I can confirm there are real players with the maxed drone. Not many though.

Would have taken lots and lots gold to upgrade it to the max.
    Did you look into if the gold was bought or "fixed" through a hack?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    bys wrote: »

And another question. How the heck could they upgrade their drone parts when everyone (?) else can't due to it takes forever to load and select? This smells fishy!
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    And another question. How the heck could they upgrade their drone parts when everyone (?) else can't due to it takes forever to load and select? This smells fishy!

I think the loading problem is related to having many ... many drone parts (hopefully a fix is coming soon). So if you didn't wait to long to start building your drone, you could finish it before the "loading" problems became really unbearable. Had I known this in the beginning, I might have started building them straight away; I waited until I had completed 3 days of PvP to start and couldn't afford the time to build it since I had to get back into the fight. Now after 3 PvP it's all but impossible.

The good news is that whenever they finally fix it, I should be able to max one out in quick order since I've got thousands of parts.

Think about it 7-8 drone parts for every PvP victory. That's plenty of parts. Whoever decided to store each part individually, dropped the ball on that one (probably gave it to some "rookie" because they didn't think he could screw up the drone "feature") ... Ha
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The good news is that whenever they finally fix it, I should be able to max one out in quick order since I've got thousands of parts.

But it would still require a lot of diamonds and/or gold, or at the minimum the key to Fort Knox. :D
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts

The "hacks" I've seen online to get infinite gold and cash all seem like viruses, etc. waiting to happen. I've never personally downloaded any of these nor do I think a majority of them work. I'd like to hear how Glu is tackling this major issue. If legitimate players are potentially spending thousands of dollars the idea that someone can get every upgrade for nothing angers me.
  • Options
    But it would still require a lot of diamonds and/or gold, or at the minimum the key to Fort Knox. :D

You might be shocked and awed by the amount of GOLD that is spent in PvP alone. Hell for some, building a drone is cheap. I fully equipped a NARWAHL with nothing but diamonds in less than one day, easily spending a few million of them. In a week or more and you'll get your drone ... once the feature works that is.
  • Options
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    The "hacks" I've seen online to get infinite gold and cash all seem like viruses, etc. waiting to happen. I've never personally downloaded any of these nor do I think a majority of them work. I'd like to hear how Glu is tackling this major issue. If legitimate players are potentially spending thousands of dollars the idea that someone can get every upgrade for nothing angers me.

The very nature of most of those are to "hack" ... not the game but your device, do NOT believe the hype !!!

Imagine that, a perfect stranger is gonna show you how to make a million bucks and wants NOTHING in return? There are altruistic people on Earth, but they're not hacking video games. They know you're using a credit card and they want that info ... BEWARE.
  • Options
    Scorpion does it seem to you that the PVP matchups have changed again? I have been cherry picking high value Long opponents with no drone and they have been easy to find. I assume that they were all bots. Now I am getting an endless stream of low value, Short matches with a drone, sometimes 10 or 15 in a row. is it just me or are the good times behind us?
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Scorpion does it seem to you that the PVP matchups have changed again? I have been cherry picking high value Long opponents with no drone and they have been easy to find. I assume that they were all bots. Now I am getting an endless stream of low value, Short matches with a drone, sometimes 10 or 15 in a row. is it just me or are the good times behind us?

I was going to ask you the same thing ... It would appear that "Find Next" is becoming a thing of the past. We're being forced to fight. The diamonds burned to skip battles is just to costly.... Almost every opponent now has a max'd out defense and the number of max'd out drones is climbing ... another week and they will all be MAX'd out at this rate.
  • Options
    Every time I press the Find Next button the diamond value goes down,but the defense stays at 69 K, usually with a drone. I hit the button at least 20 times looking for a better match, no luck. It wasn't like that when I went to bed last night. I am going to have to change my algorithm: Take the first offer and stand by with the Medkits.
  • Options
    Every time I press the Find Next button the diamond value goes down,but the defense stays at 69 K, usually with a drone. I hit the button at least 20 times looking for a better match, no luck. It wasn't like that when I went to bed last night. I am going to have to change my algorithm: Take the first offer and stand by with the Medkits.

ABSOLUTELY ... going forward the only way to WIN PvP is using medkits ... I've taken on these battles trying to come up with an effective tactic, given my current weaponry which still lacks a good HEAVY. I'm using 2-3-4 medkits along with a knife OR grenade along the way. In one battle against a MAX'd out LONG, I fired a MISSILE at 4 guys hanging out together and guess what? Nothing happened ,,, not even an explosion, they just dispersed and took cover LOL

If I want that HEAVY next week, I figure I better stock at least 100 medkits ($19.99 alone) ... JEEZ ... Pass the K.Y. PLEASE.

It's either that or throw in the towel ... NO MAS !!!

I've also noticed at least 6-7 Content Restarts, clearly someone is experimenting. Great Event to sit out ... that's why they gave away this weekend's prize ... maybe.
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY ... going forward the only way to WIN PvP is using medkits ... I've taken on these battles trying to come up with an effective tactic, given my current weaponry which still lacks a good HEAVY. I'm using 2-3-4 medkits along with a knife OR grenade along the way. In one battle against a MAX'd out LONG, I fired a MISSILE at 4 guys hanging out together and guess what? Nothing happened ,,, not even an explosion, they just dispersed and took cover LOL

Th other problem is the video breakup when facing drones or the Juggernaut. My video seizes up and my attack dies. My current tactic is to get on the drone as soon as he appears. He is not dangerous, but he really screws up video continuity. I know that the lack of a Heavy is an irritant for you (rightly so, you were robbed) but I am using the Charon Heavy at 192 K and still using Medkits like Lifesavers.

My theory is that a new campaign will be out next week. They have released one the first Wednesday or Thusday of the month for the last several months. They will offer a new Heavy and give you the oppurtunity to win some easy Diamonds in the campaign. Too bad that the weapons offer in the new campaign will be an expensive dud if past experience serves.

My fear is that they will announce another Base upgrade. I just can't face it. I found the Level 10 upgrade to be exceedingly tedious. I am not ready to face Level 11!

Weirdly, since I posted my earlier complaint, I have been getting great matchups first try. Maybe Glu does monitor this forum after all.
  • Options
    Th other problem is the video breakup when facing drones or the Juggernaut. My video seizes up and my attack dies. My current tactic is to get on the drone as soon as he appears. He is not dangerous, but he really screws up video continuity. I know that the lack of a Heavy is an irritant for you (rightly so, you were robbed) but I am using the Charon Heavy at 192 K and still using Medkits like Lifesavers.

Yep ... attacking while video is choppy is suicide. I simply back off and take cover until frame buffer is cleared, then resume my attack.

BASE 11 is a non starter for me *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Glad to see you top guys talking about Base 11 as the death knell. I posted a while back about Juliette being just that, and then jumped in anyway.

Same thing here. All matchups are 69.12, mostly short, and many with drones. I've noticed periods where lower base power pops up, but always has very low payouts. You keep a winning streak going, have all 10.5 weapons, there's no turning back, matchups get tougher and tougher. The tipping point has past, I think we're just trying to realize there is no winning here, just a constant state of trying to keep up.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Glad to see you top guys talking about Base 11 as the death knell. I posted a while back about Juliette being just that, and then jumped in anyway.

Same thing here. All matchups are 69.12, mostly short, and many with drones. I've noticed periods where lower base power pops up, but always has very low payouts. You keep a winning streak going, have all 10.5 weapons, there's no turning back, matchups get tougher and tougher. The tipping point has past, I think we're just trying to realize there is no winning here, just a constant state of trying to keep up.

Agreed ... winning will come at a HUGE cost and with ever diminishing rewards as well. Maybe this is the grand design ... suck that last bit of golden life out of us before they slam the door shut ... your guess is as good as mine !!!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »

I actually remember your original post on this subject when Level 10 was just unveiled. You were certainly right. We are now locked in an arms race with tedious base upgrades, more powerful weapons and the dreaded drones. The process of repeating the same few PVP scenarios over and over to accumulate Diamonds for base and weapons upgrades gets less interesting all the time, and (GROAN) if they ever get the Drone upgrade problem fixed, we will have to contend with that too. Somewhere in the middle of all this, it stops being fun and becomes drudgery.

I pity anyone just trying to get into the game. It would be frustrating. And I guess for those of us who are becoming discouraged, we can always move on
  • Options
    Some of the newer players are complaining already around level 50-60, a few have simply called it quits. The common complaint is THEY CAN'T WIN without spending a fortune.

Go Figure ...

So what will be left? A few "diehards" who managed to equip a weapon strong enough to continue to play ... until the next upgrade finally breaks our competitive spirit? Who knows how soon they will release a fix for the drones, if ever?

Questions ... questions ... and no ANSWERS ... that's the REAL kick in the head.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I actually remember your original post on this subject when Level 10 was just unveiled. You were certainly right. We are now locked in an arms race with tedious base upgrades, more powerful weapons and the dreaded drones. The process of repeating the same few PVP scenarios over and over to accumulate Diamonds for base and weapons upgrades gets less interesting all the time, and (GROAN) if they ever get the Drone upgrade problem fixed, we will have to contend with that too. Somewhere in the middle of all this, it stops being fun and becomes drudgery.

I pity anyone just trying to get into the game. It would be frustrating. And I guess for those of us who are becoming discouraged, we can always move on

If the developers removed the drones, the combat system should be improved.
  • Options
    If the developers removed the drones, the combat system should be improved.

That's been my sentiment all along. Great idea ... bad implementation. Drones be Gone ....

Really? It's not even a revenue source at this point .... if I could actually build a drone that could "kill" something, then we would have something.

But THIS?

At least the old drones gave you something to shoot at LOL
  • Options
    That's been my sentiment all along. Great idea ... bad implementation. Drones be Gone ....

Really? It's not even a revenue source at this point .... if I could actually build a drone that could "kill" something, then we would have something.

But THIS?

At least the old drones gave you something to shoot at LOL

Eliminating the drones is the only sensible course, but how can they do it? Some players have, foolishly IMO, invested a lot into upgrading the drone. What are they going to do, offer a trade in for zero value like they did for the old drones?
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Eliminating the drones is the only sensible course, but how can they do it? Some players have, foolishly IMO, invested a lot into upgrading the drone. What are they going to do, offer a trade in for zero value like they did for the old drones?

Lol the players that have (invested) into maxing out the drone in such a short time have jail broken devices imo.One such player was even on global chat a couple of days ago even laughing about the fact that he did it.

I think the only course of action that would even begin to keep this game fair and balanced is for Glu to get rid of the broken drone fiasco.
  • Options

Interesting problem and no easy answer. We'll need to ponder that one.

Anyways, with regards to max'd out short battles, I think I might have discovered a working tactic for one of the SHORT scenarios (appears to be the most common). I tried it, didn't use any medkits, but used 4 knives and a couple of grenades. I may be able to shave a grenade and knife. The intention was to find the "cheapest" way to win these battles.

Here's the start:

If you can manage to kill the first two mercs with a knife AND not be detected, you can advance past the first SENTRY without firing a single shot.

You are now in range of the JUGGERNAUT, another SENTRY and 2 or 3 other mercs. There's a SNIPER on the balcony, so keep an eye on him. Concentrate your fire on the SENTRY when the JUGG isn't firing. Take out that SENTRY

NOW when the JUGGERNAUT is close to one or more of the mercs, hit him with a grenade. This should weaken him AND the mercs. A second grenade will take out the mercs (if a merc is still alive, finish him with a knife) and weaken the JUGGERNAUT to the point that an ASSAULT blast will take him out. Take out that JUGGERNAUT.

Turn and take out the balcony SNIPER and there's now just you and your spook.

All you need now is to take out that spook along with his drone (take out the drone first) with your ASSAULT rifle.

Keep in mind I do not have a HEAVY. If you've got a decent HEAVY, this should shave some more EQUIPMENT cost.

I tried it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It still needs some work before I'll go into battle with it, but it's a start. I estimate I still had 15-20% of life left in me *** SMILES ***

BYW ... I just qualified for the Silver League and if I played any slower, I'd be comatose :-)