Check Connection and Group Goals

13Next

Comments

• SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Ah. Sorry. That's a bummer. 

- SuFe718
  • ASML2018ASML2018 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    All of a sudden a week ago only half of my venues load - otherwise just get Gordon sharpening his knife forever. Duels just crash - the whole game just shuts down when I go into it. This all started happening on the same day. It is not an issue with my internet. So frustrating - ready to just delete the game!!
  • dizzblnddizzblnd Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Thank you Mike, it resolved itself 😊
  • She1tieShe1tie Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Anyone else experiencing this new (to me) problem with Group Goals: I will play and successfully finish one Group Goal. However , when I attempt to start a new Group Goal, I receive a Check Connection message, and will be unable to play any additional Group Goals. This persists for hours, until I suddenly receive a message that the Goal I originally finished, hours before, has ended. The game then alllows me to play a new Goal, and the whole frustrating cycle starts over again. In other words, the game doesn’t seem to be processing that I finished and completed a Goal, and locks me into that one goal, preventing me from moving on until the Goal’s timer runs out of its own accord. Because some of the Goals are 12 hours or more long, it means I can only play about 1 Goal a day - with the exception that I can always play Gordon’s Goals. However, I want to contribute to my friend’s Goals! And yes, I’ve followed all the protocols, contacted customer service, etc. Anyone else run into this? 😕😫
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    Unfortunately group goals have not worked properly since their inception. Customer service has assured us the problem is being investigated however after almost a year of them saying this, we are still experiencing connection error issues, so don't hold your breath.

Update: Happy to report that I sent my issue to Customer Service, and they did respond quickly. Whatever they might have done, the issue is resolved and the game is running smoothly again for me. 👍
    Excellent news! I sincerely hope it lasts for you...
    Yes, congratulations! After months of having no connection error issues, they've started up again for me. Daily. 😩

Same problem as before, a completed gg doesn't register in Glu's system after I collect my prize, and thus prevents me from joining any new ones (except Gordon's) until it times out, up to 12-18 hours later. I'm connected exclusively thru high-speed wifi, may try enabling cellular. 

- SuFe718
    edited July 2018
    @SupremeFettucine and @Leebra - disappointing (but probably not surprising) news: the problem’s back and I’m right where I started, unable to play Group Goals. Exact same issue as SupremeFettucine describes - the game doesn't seem to record my GG completions, locking me out of playing any additional GGs until the original one times out, hours later. Very frustrating. I sent another message to Customer Service. I really like this game, but it’s getting very irritating....😕😢 Sigh.....

• gingerjaegingerjae Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I have had this problem recently, too, where either I can't join or create any goals, or I join a goal but the actions aren't registered toward the goal. Within the last week, I joined a goal to collect 4 recipes, and after I collected 3 I realized it wasn't counting them. I know that usually after I join a goal, if it doesn't show up on the bottom of the map, I have to go back into the social hub and then close back out and the goal will show up like it should. My goal did show up on the map but it stayed at 0 of 4 after collecting recipes. I thought that if I waited until later and tried again maybe it would work, so when I had more recipes to collect, I made sure the goal was active and then I tested one. When it didn't count, I quit the goal and joined a new one instead. That goal worked, and later I rejoined the goal that had failed me previously and was able to complete it, so the issue didn't last that long for me, but I did waste hearts having to join the goal twice.
    @gingerjae, yes, I’ve experienced the same problem you have re: starting Goals only to find my efforts aren’t being counted. In a few cases, I’ve just had to lose the hearts and abandon the Goal altogether and start a new one...just couldn’t get the first Goal to register my attempts. Hate to do that, because it makes me feel like I’m abandoning my friends’ Goals, but, no alternative.... 😔
    edited July 2018
    @gingerjae and @She1tie - oftentimes,  disconnecting wifi and reconnecting while in-game then quitting out of the game entirely and relaunching it will solve the goals not being counted PROVIDED their banners appear at the bottom of your home screen. It seems to be a glu server issue and trying to kickstart the connection is your best bet. Total pain to do all those steps but better than losing gold/hearts and feeling like you're letting down your friends. Same procedure also helps when special events drift between active and inactive during gameplay. Hopefully that helps! 

Unfortunately, neither that -- nor anything else I've tried -- will solve the "ghost goals" problems (GGs which remain invisibly in effect after successful completion causing player to be unable to join any new goals, except for Gordon's, until first goal fully times out). Just have to wait it out. Frustrating but I've recently decided to choose to take it as a signal to stop playing. 

- SuFe718
    @SupremeFettucine - thanks for the tips! I’ll try those exact steps next time I encounter the “Goals not registering” problem! And yes, I agree with you...I take the “ghost Goals” problem as a sign I should quit for awhile! 😆
  • tamgramtamgram Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I play on my iPad and often times can't play group goals. The app showed that it was taking up 917MB which I thought was very high so I deleted it and re downloaded the app. I had to play a game in the first level before I could sign in on Facebook but I did and it fully recovered my game and now I can play group goals again. The crazy thing is that when I deleted the app, instead of freeing up 917MB, it freed up over 3GB! I don't know where all that memory was hiding. Glue recommends not to delete the app because you may not be able to recover your game but it worked for me.
    @She1tie Yes, as I suspected would happen. Just when you think everything is sorted, the problem comes back with a vengeance. Right now I managed to do a grand total of one goal and the game won't let me do any more.
  • dizzblnddizzblnd Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Same has been happening to me.. just started today 7/20  I completed one goal and then tried to complete a friend's goal and it wouldn't work. but I could complete Gordon's goal with no problem but when I try to complete a friend's goal again it wouldn't work. 
    @leebra and @dizzblnd, I might have stumbled across a “work around” with regard to the Group Goals that won’t record a successful finish and won’t allow you to start a new Goal. Here’s what I’ve been doing: as soon as I complete a Group Goal, I log out of the game completely...I don’t even pick up my reward for finishing the Goal. I wait a few seconds, log back into the game fresh, and then pick up my reward for the Group Goal I just finished. At that point, I chose a new Group Goal. It does slow you down and is a bit of a pain, 😕 but by going through those steps, I’ve been able to play several Group Goals in a row. So, it’s worth the nuisance, since for the last few days, before I figured out to go through those additional steps, I’d only been able to play one Goal a day, before I’d be shut out for hours. 🙄 Can’t guarantee it will work for you, but, give it a try...you’ve got nothing to lose! Hope it works! 😊
    Based on @She1tie 's advice, I've been able to whip through more than 10 goals so far today -- not by quitting out between goals but just by joining a new goal BEFORE collecting the prize for my previously completed one! Not sure if this is simply because GGs decided to be functional today or because we've jointly uncovered some secret workaround, lol. 

- SuFe718
    @SupremeFettucine, that’s interesting! I’m going to try your variation of the work around...it would be a lot faster than mine! Anything to complete a Goal! 😄 Thanks! 👌
  • tamgramtamgram Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I think you're on to something She. I've been logging out before collecting goals for 2 days now and so far no problem! Thanks for the tip!
    UPDATE: sadly I'm unable to do group goals again.
  • j711j711 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Can someone help? When I go to the list of group goals, all I see is Gordon's goal and an option to create my own group goal.

Please help. Thanks!
  • detungdetung Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I get locked out of group goals very often when I can only see Gordon's or create my own. Why does this happen? I also noticed that if a friend (or friends) starts a group goal I don't get to see any others. Sometimes this is solved if I go complete their goals but sometimes it's goes back to just mine and Gordon's goals. Very frustrating.