Updating the game on my Android is prompting me to download again, is this safe?
You may get a message that the game files have changed or the location of the resource files have changed and you need to download them again. This happens if the initial download file was removed from your device manually after you installed the game or if the installation files or resource paks became corrupted.
It is safe to select to download again as long as you do not uninstall the game from the device.
I just updated my Android Glu game and it no longer works. It was working before.
Game updates can be tricky at times, especially when the resource file is big. When the game had been working OK, but no longer starts after the update, it's usually related to the resource pack that recently updated the game. The file was most likely damaged and needs to be replaced.
You may need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it. Usually the location of these resource files on the SD card should be /Android/data/<package-name> For example:
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free for Gun Bros
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.ck for Contract Killer
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.zombsniper for Contract Killer Zombies
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.warriors for Eternity Warriors
- /Android/data/com.glu.modwarsniper for Front Line Commando
- /Android/data/com.glu.gladiator_nr for Blood & Glory (NR)
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.brawler for Big Time Gangsta
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.deerhuntnew for Deer Hunter Reloaded
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.tinydungeon for Li'l Kingdom
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.carszombies for Gears And Guts
- /Android/data/com.glu.android.wasteland for Mutant Roadkill
The game should work after your new resource pack is downloaded and installed successfully.
How do I uninstall an App from my iPhone or iPod?
To uninstall an app you simply need to touch the icon and hold it for several seconds (may take up to 5). All of your apps will start to shake a little and an "X" will appear above them. Tap this "X" to uninstall the program. You can tap your home button to return your programs to normal function.
I uninstalled the game; it started over but my stats are still showing on Game Center.
Some of our games do not save progress online, the progress is saved on the local device. If uninstalled, the game will restart back from level 1 and all progress is lost. It is not recommended to uninstall games even for troubleshooting purposes. Game Center is only being used for rankings and leader board statistics, we do not save any gameplay progress to Game Center.
Games that fall into this category and should never be uninstalled to prevent data loss, are:
- Blood & Glory
- Contract Killer: Zombies
- Front Line Commando
- Stardom the A-List
- The NightWorld
- Circus City
- Safari Zoo
- Cut the Cheese: Fudge Dragon Rising