Options

Deer Hunter 2014 crashes -every- time after completing a hunt

DarkSkyDarkSky Registered Users 10 Posts
Loads up fine, I switch over to region 6 where I am currently at.

Hunts load up fine, but after the hunt, after it tallies up my cash and I click NEXT, it crashes. I didn't noticed this before the xmas version was released. Also, it doesn't crash as much on lower number regions (eg. region 1).

But on region 6 and even 5, it crashes every single time after I click NEXT after completing a hunt.

I've paid money for things a few times on this game, and am very frustrated that I have to load up the game again (which takes forever) every time I finish a hunt.

Samsung Galaxy S3 / Android 4.3

Comments

• Options
    cewing1906cewing1906 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I'm hitting the same problem on region 6
  • Options
    cewing1906 wrote: »
    I'm hitting the same problem on region 6

Actually 6 and 7 crash on me (every time after finishing a hunt and clicking 'Next'). Region 5 seems stable.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Same issue here. Galaxy S3/Android 4.3, Region 6. 100% crash rate after completing any mission.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Any response from the makers of this app on this issue??? It's been an ongoing problem for weeks now.
  • Options
    I sent in a ticket, and got a form reply which didn't solve the issue. They did get back to me in less than 24 hours, though.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    We have another update coming soon which should address many issues, including hanging on Gman on load, wrong data saving, increased performance on low end devices and low memory crashes.
  • Options
    tenevkintenevkin Registered Users 1 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    We have another update coming soon which should address many issues, including hanging on Gman on load, wrong data saving, increased performance on low end devices and low memory crashes.

Should we wait for this or reinstall? I really can't be bothered to start over again, it's been three times now. I plan to avoid all GLU products in the future. Very unreliable and no real support or care from the corp.
  • Options
    tenevkin wrote: »
    Should we wait for this or reinstall? I really can't be bothered to start over again, it's been three times now. I plan to avoid all GLU products in the future. Very unreliable and no real support or care from the corp.

If you uninstall, you may lose all of your progress. Ensure you've updated to the most recent version, do a cloud save and submit a customer care ticket.
  • Options
    tenevkin wrote: »

Yah there's no way I'm uninstalling and losing everything.

And the latest update (yesterday or day before I believe) which basically just took away the xmas theme, didn't solve the crashing problem.

gluadmin: the fixes you mentioned above, with the upcoming update, do not address the problem we're all having.

The part it's crashing for us, is AFTER a hunt is completed. You have your $ tallied up, you tap "Next" and the game just disappears and we're back to our phone's icon screen.

Seems to happen only on regions 6 and 7, although once in awhile on region 5.
  • Options
    Same here, holiday hunts are gone, game still has 100% freeze-up rate after each hunt. Weird thing, if I lose a hunt, I can replay that hunt, but hitting "next" freezes it.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Hopefully with the info we've posted, they'll release a fix update. No reply from them in this thread on the problem yet though... :(
  • Options
    There are dozens of threads circulating at this point. Please look at this thread for instructions and updates: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?92564-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-DH14-PLEASE-READ
  • Options
    combatmedic31combatmedic31 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have searched the dozens of threads. This has been going on for months and you guys cant fix it. 5 updates into this and still a crash after every hunt. You prioritize a holiday theme hunt over your product having basic functionality to your end user customer? Try and make the product actually work next patch instead of adding reindeer zombies you will have a much better customer experience.
  • Options
    I have searched the dozens of threads. This has been going on for months and you guys cant fix it. 5 updates into this and still a crash after every hunt. You prioritize a holiday theme hunt over your product having basic functionality to your end user customer? Try and make the product actually work next patch instead of adding reindeer zombies you will have a much better customer experience.

We understand your frustration. There are different issues for different users that are addressed in each update. Please follow the instructions in the thread above to submit a ticket and formally document your issues.
This discussion has been closed.