Options

Deer hunter 2014 crash

Comments

• Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Hey Francis, they did get back to me like you said, but they said to wait for the next update (which I don't know when it will be out) or to delete some files using "a file utility that allows you to browse files on your phone." I don't know which file utility to use so I can access these files they are telling me to delete. I need a name of a utility so I can download one and actually get the job done. I have looked online and am not having very much luck on how to get access to specific files within an app so I can delete certain files. Can you talk to them and send me a link of where to download such a utility? If you can't do it on forums, have them send me a link to my email that I provided when I made that ticket with support. That will work as well. If they can't give me a link, they can at least give me a name of such a utility. Thanks again for the help.

I believe there is a tool called iExplorer. This is not something you can install from the app store, you have to get it directly from the makers online. I don't really know much about it as we don't really get too technical here but that should point you in the right direction. Again this is not meant for the casual user, if you are not technical, please wait for the update that should be coming soon
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

I have worked with the Customer Care folks on every ticket number listed in this thread so far. The information was sent back you in the ticket. Please let me know if you guys got it to work after trying the suggested workaround.

For everyone else lurking and reading here: The good news is that this is all addressed in version 1.2 that should be submitted to Apple soon then released shortly thereafter.

Thanks again for all your patience.
  • Options
    yriff2006yriff2006 Registered Users 1 Posts
    What about the android? Galaxy Note 2 I am having the same issues and I have 1.1.2 update.
  • Options
    DirtyfiedsDirtyfieds Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the same problem it crashes while trying to open .. I too have money invested and like the game.. The App Store doesn't have an update will this fix it?
  • Options
    Brianjc9Brianjc9 Registered Users 2 Posts
    i was at level 28, almost every gun. 1.5m hunter bucks. app locked up. would never open regardless of connection. After I synced with itunes it came back but with no level, equip, money. My game center shows my stats. I have all 21 achievements so it recognizes that i have over 10k kills but none show up.....how can i fix it?

iphone 5 with latest software.
  • Options
    yriff2006 wrote: »
    What about the android? Galaxy Note 2 I am having the same issues and I have 1.1.2 update.

Android releases updates faster than iOS. If you have submitted a ticket already, please write back to them and include your Galaxy Note model number. There are tons of variations for Galaxy devices and this information is needed to troubleshoot.
    Dirtyfieds wrote: »
    I have the same problem it crashes while trying to open .. I too have money invested and like the game.. The App Store doesn't have an update will this fix it?

The update will fix it but it has not been released yet, we are waiting on Apple to review and approve so this will be done hopefully soon when Apple is ready. Thanks for your patience.
    Brianjc9 wrote: »
    i was at level 28, almost every gun. 1.5m hunter bucks. app locked up. would never open regardless of connection. After I synced with itunes it came back but with no level, equip, money. My game center shows my stats. I have all 21 achievements so it recognizes that i have over 10k kills but none show up.....how can i fix it?
    iphone 5 with latest software.

What does this mean "after I synced with iTunes it came back"? did you uninstall the game then re-install it? that would erase progress and is not recommended for this game. You need to submit a ticket to Customer Care, nothing we can do about this here unfortunately :(
  • Options
    NCjjleNCjjle Registered Users 2 Posts
    Seeing similar issue on my son's Galaxy tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) with the 1.1.2 update.
    ticket # is #131118-000422. Would be willing to try the file work around, if they let me know what it is.
  • Options
    NCjjle wrote: »
    Seeing similar issue on my son's Galaxy tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) with the 1.1.2 update.
    ticket # is #131118-000422. Would be willing to try the file work around, if they let me know what it is.

Thanks for letting us know. We have informed the team about your report. once we hear back, i will update you.

The file workaround that was mentioned in this thread is for iOS devices only. I don't think we have a similar fix for Android. I'll post back soon when I have more info.
  • Options
    Brianjc9Brianjc9 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Maybe I am a lucky one. Logged in today just randomly and all my gear money and status was restored. No notification from my support ticket but they fixed it. Kudos for the quick response.
  • Options
    JaybirdJaybird Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having the same thing on my iphone 4s. It was running fine and it updated today on the screen and then it wont load past the stream in the opening. i am very frustrated considering time and money spent. I followed all steps suggested with no progress.
  • Options
    MgallimoreMgallimore Registered Users 1 Posts
    iPad 2, updated iOS and game. Game now crashes as soon as stream scene shows without getting to any buttons at all. I have restarted iPad several times, closed all apps, and still same error. It's frustrating to not be able to do anything. I'm just glad I haven't spent anything other than time on the game; I would be rather annoyed if i had spent money on in-game purchases and couldn't use it. These crashes all but assure that I'll never spend a dime. Also, the constant barrage of trophies/accomplishment banners at the top of the screen is annoying. Please fix crashes and allow option to disable banners. Crashes have been going on for 3 to 4 days, now 100% of time.

I have submitted my issue with ticket #131126-000071.
  • Options
    Dkenney14Dkenney14 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have been experiencing the exact same problem for the past few days.
  • Options
    CJRichCJRich Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ditto...I've tried everything this thread has suggested to no avail. This has been happening for 2 weeks. When is the upgrade coming????
  • Options
    Thanks for your messages.

The update is in submission mode. Unfortunately during the holidays this process slows down for all developers because Apple requires more time to review and approve. We can't give you specific dates because we don't have them. It will definitely not be released this week, that's all we know for now but it is coming, hopefully soon.

I know this is not a solution, I am trying to get as much info as I can. I will update next week after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    IckideeIckidee Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm getting the same problem. The game won't load on my iPad 2. It was fine, I unlocked Africa and now I can't get past "looking for updates". I tried all the "fixes" suggested here. What's going on?
  • Options
    JSLJSL Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same Here #131201-000315 This sucks. Can't get past the Checking for updates screen.
  • Options
    NCjjleNCjjle Registered Users 2 Posts
    Clear the cache - this worked for me on two Android devices - GS4 and Galaxy Note2 7.0
  • Options
    That doesn't do the trick for an ipad2. Still can't get past the "checking for updates" this is really frustrating, Glu.

What you gonna do about it? Your customers want to use your product!
  • Options
    Roy13Roy13 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi, i have done my trophy hunts in region 1 and built up some good weapons and money. Everytime i go to region 2 for a trophy hunt or a hunting series, it takes my energy and kicks me out the game. Please help!
    Working of ipad
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Registered Users 17 Posts
    I put in a support ticket (131207-000311) for my game getting stuck at the "Checking for updates" screen upon start up. I have already completed Trophy hunts for Region 6 so nothing should have been downloading. This started after installing Blood Brothers (Mobage games) for free glu credits, but I honestly don't think the two are related, I have uninstalled it anyways with no change.

I have the spirit of giving pack along with the top end shotgun so I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall the game for fear of losing these.

PS: I have also cleared my cache and restarted my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini to no avail.
  • Options
    davidadavida Registered Users 4 Posts
    Francis, I hate to report that I just downloaded the 1.2 update and the problem persists. What do I do now?
    Francis wrote: »
    Thanks for your messages.

The update is in submission mode. Unfortunately during the holidays this process slows down for all developers because Apple requires more time to review and approve. We can't give you specific dates because we don't have them. It will definitely not be released this week, that's all we know for now but it is coming, hopefully soon.

I know this is not a solution, I am trying to get as much info as I can. I will update next week after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    cypher1584cypher1584 Registered Users 1 Posts
    davida wrote: »
    Francis, I hate to report that I just downloaded the 1.2 update and the problem persists. What do I do now?

Waited 1 month for the 1.2 update since I've already spent ~$75 on the game. Game still doesn't load on startup. Whats your response to this Glu ??
  • Options
    nnkpropertyservicesnnkpropertyservices Registered Users 1 Posts
    please help. i love this game and it now wont get past the "preparing" screen. i have the samsung galaxy note 3 with verizon. please instruct me on what to do. thank you so much. ticket #131214-000500
  • Options
    cyclemikecyclemike Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm having the same problem game worked perfect before update now stuck on loading screen
  • Options
    Install4uInstall4u Registered Users 1 Posts
    Yep, same problem with me as well. This morning I had a message that the game had installed an update and I was excited that it may be the new Christmas pack or levels. Ever since, I have not been able to get past the "Preparing Deer Hunter" page. The three dots just keep acting like they are loading but will not load past this point. I have not spent any money like some others but have completed all levels and trophy levels as well. I had the top guns fully maxed out and had almost 900,000 in cash with somewhere near 22 gold coins. I really don't want to uninstall / reinstall as I know I will loose all that I have earned. So, what should we do???
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Install4u wrote: »
    Yep, same problem with me as well. This morning I had a message that the game had installed an update and I was excited that it may be the new Christmas pack or levels. Ever since, I have not been able to get past the "Preparing Deer Hunter" page. The three dots just keep acting like they are loading but will not load past this point. I have not spent any money like some others but have completed all levels and trophy levels as well. I had the top guns fully maxed out and had almost 900,000 in cash with somewhere near 22 gold coins. I really don't want to uninstall / reinstall as I know I will loose all that I have earned. So, what should we do???

Exact same problem here. Started yesterday after Christmas update..played a few hunts, then yesterday night game stopped at preparing deer hunter eternally...not even notification of "you are full on energy" overnight...probably a bug from their end...very disappointing, after a couple pof months play, region 6, level 41 and 2.4 million, and hard earned 70 gold coins....frustrating.....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm doing better than alot of you. i can play the game somewhat but it skips like and freezes,so when its time to shoot you can't move your gun. please fix this game as far as i am concerned it's the best game the play store has to offer.
  • Options
    Tried again to open the game this morning. I was redirected to the App Store for an update. Installed the update...it wouldn't load. The game froze on the opening screen. "Installing update 0%" for five minutes. Gave up. Tried again later, it won't go past "checking for updates".

What's wrong with your developers? I know a lot of us are getting pretty close to giving up on this game for good.

Please don't bother sending me any more reminders "deer won't wait around forever. Play Deer Hunter" until you've fixed this.
  • Options
    cyclemikecyclemike Registered Users 4 Posts
    Glu Moderator
    For all the Android users the team is working on a fix that doesn't require anything on your end. They have been working day and night over the weekend to get this fix out ASAP. Do not uninstall your game as that will cause all your data to be lost.
  • Options
    dpacdpac Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi the same thing has happened to me. I play on my xperia tablet z, after the update I was stuck on the "preparing screen" for days I kept trying to no avail. So this is what worked for me. I was logged into to Google so I logged off (from the web page) rebooted and all ia well I havent logged back into Google as of yet but this fixed what sounds like the same problems all are having. Good luck