~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    @SisSnappedLikeThanos I watched get out but not us! I’ll watch it :)
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Sorry, I need to vent!

I've been feeling really anxious lately. I'm currently working for a project that will last a few months but the past couple of weeks have been a nightmare! People I'm forced to work with are a little difficult and I feel like two of them don't really like me so they give me mistaken information on purpose and I just feel like I can't trust anyone. I'm doing my best but it's just so hard, I'm used to sincere people and in here I feel like they talk behind my back. Maybe I'm being paranoid but still it's a very ugly feeling.
    On top of that the pay isn't really that good but I'm too scared to quit.

That and the Covid 19 situation are taking away my peace.

I don't know if anyone here believes in dreams having some sort of meaning but I do and lately I've been dreaming stuff like earthquakes or animals attacking me and that contributes to my paranoia :disappointed: I just want this to be over soon
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    To everyone struggling with their anxiety in this time of uncertainty:
    Please know that you are not alone. It is a stressful time for everyone and it’s so important to take care of yourself right now. I have been feeling insanely overwhelmed with anxiety lately, and I have found that limiting my exposure to the news (while staying informed, just not over-doing it) has been the most helpful, as well as staying in touch digitally with friends and family via phone calls, messaging, and so on; this has been a lifesaver for me. These past few weeks / months have been such a rollercoaster of emotion and anxiety, but it’s so important to breathe and most of all remember that you aren’t alone in this. I have clinical OCD (specifically the Contamination subset) and though I have been through extensive treatment and have learned how to manage it, this pandemic has absolutely taken a toll on my mental health and I know it has had the same effect on so many others. I feel like my progress has started to regress in many ways; most of the time I’ve just been trying to make it through the day. I’m not usually one for sharing my personal struggles but I wanted to reach out in case anyone else is also struggling like this and needed to talk - please feel free to message me if that’s the case. All in all, I just want to say that I’m so incredibly thankful for the friends I’ve made here, and if you are struggling, you are not on your own. Please remember to breathe during this time, and even though we are more isolated physically right now, you are not alone.
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @dpeters I’m so sorry this is happening to you at work right now. Nobody deserves to be treated that way, and you absolutely deserve better. I know it’s so much easier said than done, but please remember that the actions of your coworkers are in no way a reflection on you - it says a heck of a lot more about their own character to be doing something like that. I hope that things start to get better soon, and I hope that you are able to distance yourself from these people as much as possible.

Is there a way to possibly request working with a different set of people on this project? I know that may not be possible, but definitely worth a shot to ask if at all feasible. Hang in there, and things will get better in time. 💛
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
    Thank you for your words @VampireBarbie! Unfortunately it's not possible to change teams, I already tried and I know I should pay less attention to their attitude but sometimes it affects me more.

I'm sorry you're struggling with anxiety as well. This situation is difficult but we'll get through it. Are you staying home? I'm trying to limit my contact with news and social network in general but unfortunately I can't work from home.

Stay safe!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    Anyone else work a non-essential job that refuses to close? My retail store won’t close or give us any updates. Just getting angry with us for not making our sales goals. The rest of my mall is shut down except us. I’m going insane. 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Anyone else work a non-essential job that refuses to close? My retail store won’t close or give us any updates. Just getting angry with us for not making our sales goals. The rest of my mall is shut down except us. I’m going insane. 
    Same. Luckily I am in an admin role so very little direct contact but we have not closed down and I don't see it happening. Their plan is to close for 2 days to clean if a case is reported. Employees will be easier to track but you're banking on customers doing the right thing and that's only if they realize they have it to begin with. My husband's work has not closed either though and 95% of their employees can work from home. 
  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    @soundspretty That’s our plan too! They said it would be a 48 hour shut down to clean then back to business. I guess designer clothing means more than our health. I’m compromised so if I get sick it can be bad. 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @soundspretty That’s our plan too! They said it would be a 48 hour shut down to clean then back to business. I guess designer clothing means more than our health. I’m compromised so if I get sick it can be bad. 
    We primary sell furniture so the whole thing is ridiculous. People coming in and sitting on and touching a million things. We have delivery drivers going into people's homes who are sick and yesterday one driver was grilled by a customer for 15 minutes asking where he's been, if he's traveled, etc. before he would let him into his home. Sir, YOU are the one who decided you needed a couch right now. 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a film? I’d prefer horror but it’s okay as long as it’s not romantic (although I loved “her”, you can watch it on Netflix)
    if I am not allowed to discuss this, please PM me! I really need something to watch. Only films cause I’m watching peaky blinders but sometimes I want to watch something else
    @elettrahere I just watched “The Platform” on Netflix and loved it! It’s a little gory but the socio-political message was cool and I felt it was very thought-provoking.

If you’re a scary movie fan, you’ve probably seen most stuff already, so I hope you have not seen a few of these creepy ones: Elizabeth Harvest, Suspiria, Little Joe, The Devil’s Backbone, The Ritual, The Invitation, Pandorum, Midnight Meat Train, Hereditary, The Ruins, Goodnight Mommy, and Oculus.

• elettrahereelettrahere Registered Users, Member 1,920 Posts
    @Rikk I’ve seen the platform! I liked it although I didn’t really understand what happens to him in the end. I’ve only seen some of those, so thank you!!!
    iOS player 🤠
    #capontrendsetters
    #daily20kstarsforeveryone
    #maledollsmatter
    Anyone wants to recommend a series? I'm just finishing Stranger Things and now I don't know what to watch. I'm not into scary stuff but I like suspense.
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • HannahKKHHannahKKH Registered Users, Member 946 Posts
    @dpeters The Sinner, Mindhunter and How To Get Away With Murder are some of my fave shows!
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    Violet is my doll. iOS player ✨
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    PM me for FB add info! Let’s be friends 👯‍♀️
  • BumblebeebrayBumblebeebray Registered Users 112 Posts
    @dpeters Have you seen Tiger King yet? I don’t know if it could exactly be called suspenseful but my
    mind is blown every ten minutes as I keep watching more lol 
    @HannahKKH I just saw the trailer of Mindhunter and it looks interesting! 
    @Bumblebeebray thanks for the suggestion, I haven't seen it but will definitely look it up
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
    dpeters said:
    @HannahKKH I just saw the trailer of Mindhunter and it looks interesting! 
    @Bumblebeebray thanks for the suggestion, I haven't seen it but will definitely look it up
    Mind hunter is great but just to prepare you.. it starts off a bit slow. If you can push through it, it gets better. 
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    HannahKKH said:
    @dpeters The Sinner, Mindhunter and How To Get Away With Murder are some of my fave shows!
    Mindhunter is filmed where I live and my ex fiancé is an extra in one of the first episodes of season two
  • mandamay76mandamay76 Registered Users, Member 1,794 Posts
    dpeters said:
    Anyone wants to recommend a series? I'm just finishing Stranger Things and now I don't know what to watch. I'm not into scary stuff but I like suspense.
    I love Santa Clarita diet, and Kimmy Schmidt if you are looking for fun shows! If you have amazon prime watch sneaky Pete 
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Gosh I cant believe that I was planning to go clothing shopping irl to buy myself a new backpack and come to find out that Burlington coat factory is temporarily closed due to covid-19. I was actually gonna order my backpack from Burlington coat factory and then I also founded out that they closed down their website bc of corona. I honestly think that that was definitely a dumb business move bc I feel like they failed to realize that they could earn a more profitable value from their customers through these online orders. So yesterday, I ordered my new backpack online from Nordstrom website. I choose the red one instead of mustard since I feel like it looks better in that color. I love betsey Johnson brand. Cant wait for my order to arrive within 5 to 8 business days :smile:

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• jhabsjhabs Registered Users, Member 1,942 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Gosh I cant believe that I was planning to go clothing shopping irl to buy myself a new backpack and come to find out that Burlington coat factory is temporarily closed due to covid-19. I was actually gonna order my backpack from Burlington coat factory and then I also founded out that they closed down their website bc of corona. I honestly think that they was definitely a dumb business move bc I feel like they failed to realize that they could earn a more profitable value from their customers through these online orders. So yesterday, I ordered my new backpack online from Nordstrom website. I choose the red one instead of mustard since I feel like it looks better in that color. I love betsey Johnson brand. Cant wait for my order to arrive within 5 to 8 business days :smile:

These stores have distribution centers where staff work to ship items to customers. It’s actually pretty irresponsible for nonessential stores to continue to have staff come in to work to just ship out items to people! I think way more highly of all businesses that have closed their stores/websites due to covid 19 and I’m side eyeing all the businesses that are still operating as usual. It is a cute backpack tho lol
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @dpeters a warning about Mindhunter - the show wasn’t renewed for season 3 yet because the director is focused on other projects and the cast was told that they’re free to start filming other stuff as well, they were released from their contracts 😩

David Fincher is my favorite director and while I’m excited for his new movies etc., I absolutely HATE that he basically dropped the show like that. Both seasons focus on different killers so ending the show with s2 without ruining anything would be absolutely possible but there’s also a backstory that suggests that the show should continue for a few more seasons with culmination of that backstory in the final season. So I still recommend it, but just don’t get attach to that background story lol 
    thallisa said:
    @dpeters a warning about Mindhunter - the show wasn’t renewed for season 3 yet because the director is focused on other projects and the cast was told that they’re free to start filming other stuff as well, they were released from their contracts 😩

David Fincher is my favorite director and while I’m excited for his new movies etc., I absolutely HATE that he basically dropped the show like that. Both seasons focus on different killers so ending the show with s2 without ruining anything would be absolutely possible but there’s also a backstory that suggests that the show should continue for a few more seasons with culmination of that backstory in the final season. So I still recommend it, but just don’t get attach to that background story lol 
    Oh how disappointing! I didn’t know that. :( Also I was shocked to find out that the main character who uses such vulgar language is also a main character in Frozen lol 
    @Bumblebeebray @thallisa Thanks for the info! I'll give Mindhunter a try although I do need closure lol 

@mandamay76 I love Kimmy Schmidt too! So funny!  

Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    @jhabs hehe thanks girlie :blush: I really needed to buy myself a new backpack for my job since I love to work instyle :smile:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    dpeters said:
    I love Ozark and Queen of the South on Netflix! They both include violence though, Idk if that's what you meant by scary. They're both full of suspense. Tiger king was a fun watch 😂
    - Emmy
    My boyfriend and I broke up after 5 years and I feel like I’m dying. I can’t stop crying I just needed to tell someone. 
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    I’m so sorry that you’re going through that @jhabs 🙁 That really sucks! I know sometimes it really feels like you’ll never be ok ever again. It’s amazing when that feeling finally passes. Cry as much as you need to and let all the emotions out! Sending some love your way 
    @Rikk thank you, I am just so heartbroken. I haven’t stopped crying for like 12 hours. I’m just dreading every hour
    I'm so sorry @jhabs! Breakups are tough and you have every right to feel sad. Crying is good and on time you'll feel so much better. Sending positive thoughts your way!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere