Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm torn between watching KUWTK (they find out abt Scott cheating) or RHONJ : Teresa checks in from prison

They both start in 7 minutes! Decisions decisions
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Sigh. I've been told the sudden 2 for 1 Ban special came out of nowhere, and it appears heavy handed. I would like to point out, one person was masquerading as two. Pretending to be two people to deceive the members, and Glu is against the rules. And, the person was given the opportunity to explain, and keeping the more authentic ID was a real possibility. So please, don't be so quick to judge my motivations. I love our community, and I always willing to try and work things out.

And now I'm back to try and hair for the last game. Unfortunately, last two times I did, all that was left was the hair, and 4 or 5 4000$, and the others 50 Energy. :)

Okay, so is it still okay for LuzVarias and Stellan to both kinda "exist", where they're out in the open? Thanks.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I'm torn between watching KUWTK (they find out abt Scott cheating) or RHONJ : Teresa checks in from prison

They both start in 7 minutes! Decisions decisions

I am DVRing both and watching the President on 60 Minutes. Eclectic taste, I know.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Sigh. I've been told the sudden 2 for 1 Ban special came out of nowhere, and it appears heavy handed. I would like to point out, one person was masquerading as two. Pretending to be two people to deceive the members, and Glu is against the rules. And, the person was given the opportunity to explain, and keeping the more authentic ID was a real possibility. So please, don't be so quick to judge my motivations. I love our community, and I always willing to try and work things out.

And now I'm back to try and hair for the last game. Unfortunately, last two times I did, all that was left was the hair, and 4 or 5 4000$, and the others 50 Energy. :)

Kind of along Luz's follow up question, we are allowed to play multiple games I assume since many people here do. Why are we not allowed to post on the forum as either of our game IDs? It's not as if there is a financial gain to posting with both your IDs and both your IDs are connected to legitimate dolls in the game so where is the harm?

(Just curious as I only have one doll but have been involved in other forums where people had a couple of IDS and could post with either ID)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok. in answer, I asked Luz to host an event as Stellan, it was not to deceive anyone, and everyone knew it wasn't really a guy with the Name Stellan. My error. And no, we can't set up new accounts for our dolls. Smh
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm still confused. I did not think the issue was someone speaking as both themself and their doll on our Forum. For example when you asked me to host a weekend event thread, you were kind enough to ask me if I wanted Holly or "Dixie" to be the hostess. That's along the lines of your example regarding Luz or "Stellan." That is acceptable.

But it sounds like someone was banned because they posted as two different User IDs. Right? For example, let's say I had my HollySisk user ID and I created a second KKH game, named my doll Fred, and had a corresponding second user ID, Baby Duck. Am I correct in interpreting your post that we cannot post with two different user IDs? And my question from earlier was, if both User IDs are legitimately connected to a KKH doll then why can't both IDs be used in the forum?

I ask both out of curiosity and sincerity. I've been considering starting a second game and I certainly wouldn't want to find myself banned from the Forum for logging in to it from that other game.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    Well, I clearly missed something here!

I understand having two games, many people here have more than one (and some adventurous peeps have more than that) but why would you need two forum IDs? You can easily make a note on the base of your posts stating who you are and who your characters are - having two IDs essentially means that you are masquerading as two separate people on the forums. Why the need to do that? Are you planning on having a conversation with yourself?

It's just confusing to everyone else, and could completely discredit you. No reason for it, and seems a little shady...
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    If the poster was posting as her doll with a different identity, when asked to explain, that should have been said. When I asked why about the 2 identities I was ignored. And they stopped logging in. I read some of the posts of the phony id, and it wasn't as a doll. It was clearly as another walking talking breathing person. I haven't looked back but I can probably find instances of this person 'talking' to themselves if you know what I mean.

Holly, I said you could host either as your doll or as you, but that didn't mean starting a new identity. When I have AppleP talk on the forum, it's my id, I identify it like *AppleP sneaks over to the keyboard. Hi Stellan, what about the fish dinner we were going to share? I want the shoes, but Koko changed the password. Darm it!

That's what I thought you would do Holly, simply adopt the persona. When I asked Luz to have Stellan host, I didn't know Stellan had his own id. I thought it was cool when he popped up with one. It was fun. Eveyone knew Stellan wasn't real. When we talked to him, we knew we were talking to a doll.

But it would be a very bad idea for us to make new ids for our dolls. I'm going to ask that we don't. We have pretty good imaginations. So, if you want to talk as your doll. Announce their presence some way, then make their post in a different color. We'll get it, we're smart.

The fact that someone made a new id, and pretended to be another poster, with their own doll and deceived us is wrong and against the rules. And, if someone gives you a chance to explain, dollars to donuts it means no decision has been made yet, and you have a chance to control the outcome. It means someone is giving you a chance to fix this. Running away and not explaining, tells me the 2nd ID was for some nefarious reason. Start drama at some later date? Say what you're afraid to with your own id? Start a war against another member? Maybe. But if you don't tell me why when I ask, there is just no other choice than to put you out.

See, and now the question of new ids for the dolls comes up. Stellan was already made, Luz was upfront that he was her doll. So, I have no problem with that. However, I guess Stellan shouldn't post, because then Holly should have a doll id, I should have 3, Nai 2, it's just bad.

Take into consideration, that number of members, active members, etc, these are all statistics for the forum. We can't inflate those numbers. It would be bad for Glu. I know in the other forum I was at, the numbers were important for advertisers and came into play determining fees and things. I don't know if those statistics are important to Glu, but I don't want to find out later that we (I) skrewed things up by letting us inflate the numbers with multiple accounts.

Hey, when we want our dolls to talk, why not take a SMALL (Avatar) size pic of your doll, the size of a columnists headshot in a newspaper. Post that, and then talk as your doll. It will look like a text message.
    Hey Everyone tomorrow is Luz' Birthday!!!!!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for clarifying that Koko - it can't be an easy situation to be in to be the one enforcing the rules. I think you're very fair when it comes to getting to the bottom of things and I've noticed you always give the chance for someone to be honest about a potential mistake - if you choose not to be honest, then you have to deal with the consequences. This is a place of fun, and little things like that can subtract from the joy we find by being on here.

Onto a lighter note, I finally had the chance to actually watch some teevee this week (the twins have had us running ragged) and came across a show named Quantico - has anyone watched it? Thoughts? Only saw the first episode, and I hate starting something only to find out it's been pulled after the first season fails - we usually find out too late in Aus that this has happened, and I don't have the time or inclination to get invested in a new show to have that happen. Opinions, anyone?
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    Waves frantically, I'll be happy to jump on a plane and come babysit if you want to check out a movie? And Quantico.. I heard something about that. I think someone I like is in it? brb. :)

Edit. It's already on? It's Josh Hopkins the guy from CougarTown I wanted to watch for. How many did I miss?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Feel free, I'll leave the front door unlocked for you! We had our first night off (since the girls came home from hospital nine months ago) for my cousins wedding last week, and it was bliss! Felt sorry for my poor sister though :)

I don't think the season is too far along, it was only episode one here and they're fast-tracking from the states for us, so we should only be two or three episodes away from you guys. The premise seems interesting, but I'm going to watch a few more eps before I pass judgement - you usually have to get through the introductory pilot before you can accurately pin it as a show to watch
  • Options
    That's a great idea, you watch it for another couple of weeks, tell me if it's good, and then I'll binge watch it. :) How was it for you, first time away?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hahahaha, I seriously just sat here for about five minutes trying to work out if you're referring to the first episode or the first night out - still can't quite work it out, so I'll answer both XD

First night out - made very easy by my sister telling me that she would text me an update on how the girls were doing, but if I texted her she was ignoring me. She even booked us a room around the corner from the reception so that we had a true night off. I had so much fun - but the hangover the next day was most definitely NOT fun.

First episode - it was told through a lot of flashbacks to introduce the characters - I HATE that! You really run the risk of it being too jumpy to follow, however it worked in the end and they left it on a nice tense little cliffhanger, so it worked in that it made me want to see what happens next.

Mind you, if the whole show is told in flashbacks that will annoy me...
  • Options
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    First episode - it was told through a lot of flashbacks to introduce the characters - I HATE that! You really run the risk of it being too jumpy to follow, however it worked in the end and they left it on a nice tense little cliffhanger, so it worked in that it made me want to see what happens next.

Mind you, if the whole show is told in flashbacks that will annoy me...

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding getting invested in a new show only to learn its been canceled. I've been burned many times and find it so frustrating that networks don't give shows more time to grow their audience.

however, Quantico is doing well in the ratings. In fact, it was the first of the new series to increase its audience size week 2. Critics were gung-ho before it even premiered and I'm happy that there is an audience for it. I'm truly enjoying it. The show will continue to make use of the time shift though so if that really annoys you, you might want to bail. That time shift has been successful for How to Get Away with Murder so Quantico knows audiences will accept it.

Last night was the third episode.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Well I'm happy to hear that's it's doing well, it makes me more interested in watching it. I knew you guys in the U.S. Would be a few episodes ahead, about the only show we get at the same time as you is Game of Thrones (and that's only to combat the amount of people downloading it illegally.

I'm definitely not a fan of flashback shows, but I'll still wait and see. I need something to look forward to for when the twins are finally, blissfully asleep for the evening and I can actually think again XD

In the meantime, I might also give How to get away with Murder a go - haven't heard of it until I read the forums.
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    So I've had a pretty crazy day so far and it's only around 2:30pm. I won't go to much into detail bc I'll be violating all kinds of HIPAA but dude I work with had a meltdown and there's a ton of property damage.

I just had to vent, sorta! If I didn't have to go back to work at 4 I'd be enjoying liquid relaxation ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Uh, you probably need a new job. Please tell me he didn't lay a finger on you!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Nah, but I did have one dude that assaulted me daily. Sooo sweet when he was in a good mood but when he was upset, watch out!

I think the thing that bugs me is sometimes I don't know the trigger and sometimes I can't calm and that gets frustrating. But yes, I am actually looking elsewhere, not because of aggressive/destructive behaviors of consumers but just because the agency I work for has been super shady lately and I need a change. I have an interview with what I hope is a nice family in about 2 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)
  • Options
    Eselle Wow. I'd be sick right now if I had been there. Try to put it out of your mind.

My problem seems so inconsequential now. And I hope that person gets the help they need Esselle. You never know what's inside a person. If they have always been fine before, there must have been a trigger. I hope this was a solitary thing for that person, and I'm really really sorry you had to be witness to it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    So sad what's going on with Lamar. I hope he'll be ok

Andriod player
  • Options
    Thanks for the support Koko! He's staying home today so there's no work for me this morning but his health is important.

And I agree, DMV_Doll. I was actually checking here to see if anyone had already posted about Lamar's situation. I hope he pulls through but it's not looking good since his vital organs have begun failing. I feel so sorry for his children and Khloe. :(
  • Options
    Eselletea wrote: »
    And I agree, DMV_Doll. I was actually checking here to see if anyone had already posted about Lamar's situation. I hope he pulls through but it's not looking good since his vital organs have begun failing. I feel so sorry for his children and Khloe. :(

I feel so bad for Khloé. She's had so much loss in her life and several losses in the last year.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    It's heartbreaking. I hope Scott gets himself together as soon as possible.

Andriod player
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    It's heartbreaking. I hope Scott gets himself together as soon as possible.

Maybe this will motivate Scott to finally reevaluate his choices and straighten up.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    BlushingBlushing Registered Users 18 Posts
    I'm listening to the news updates; they say that Lamar's not brain dead, but there is significant brain damage.

And I really do hope this opens Scott's eyes up; I don't think Kourtney will take him back again, but at least him getting his life together will be good for his children and his self. Scott's actually sent himself to rehab just two (?) days ago, and he said this whole situation was a "huge wakeup call."
  • Options
    Poor LamLam, I really like him. He was so good for hier it seemed. And I think she's going to mistakingly blame herself if he doesn't get better.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    What makes people obviously mean? I don't get it. My mother used to say it was the way they were raised, and then I felt sorry for whatever the cause was. Now that I'm older, stahtffe.

Oh and have shaken it off, I jump to great news. soon Jake will find out he's Jason on General Hosptial. I can't wait for that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    I'm in algebra class rn, waiting for the bell to ring.... Just 20 minutes left until I can go home!! :b
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options

Oh and have shaken it off, I jump to great news. soon Jake will find out he's Jason on General Hosptial. I can't wait for that.

When Jake & Elisabeth set their wedding date I thought, well now we know when he'll find out. November 6th
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Anyone else here received a PM with a proposal for a stable relationship?

I just want to check whether we are facing another spammer or if I'm being harassed!

Anyway where is the weekend thread? My game updated something for tomorrow!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!