Lolol at first I thought it was a door mat. :p

HHahahhahaha Charliiii you made my night hahahahhahaha
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Lol my brother just showed me the news about Miss Universe. Gosh, quite humiliating to be honest.

I totally agree!

Carol spoilers ahead watch out!

I didn't watch the whole thing, so it's hard to judge because I couldn't see the posture or resourcefulness of Miss Philippines, but I didn't feel her, I liked more of Miss Colombia between the two finalists, especially after the mistake made by the host!

I was actually rooting for the candidate of my country:p, especially because she is the representative of my state in the national competition.
    omOAYIz.jpg?1

Our state has a long tradition in this type of contest and also to export several top models <3
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I only heard about it, but Has Steve Harvey made a comment? How do you make that kind of mistake?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    He confused first runner up with first place, if I got it well. Maybe english isn't his first language.

I don't know who's the host, is he american?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I totally agree!

Carol spoilers ahead watch out!

I didn't watch the whole thing, so it's hard to judge because I couldn't see the posture or resourcefulness of Miss Philippines, but I didn't feel her, I liked more of Miss Colombia between the two finalists, especially after the mistake made by the host!

I was actually rooting for the candidate of my country:p, especially because she is the representative of my state in the national competition.
    omOAYIz.jpg?1

Our state has a long tradition in this type of contest and also to export several top models <3

Oh no! You ruined the surprise for me lol
    He confused first runner up with first place, if I got it well. Maybe english isn't his first language.

Yes. Steve Harvey is an actor, comedian, radio & televison host, and an author. He's an American.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options

Yes, he's a kind of comic, a talk show host, host of game sow Family Feud. Maybe he's doing too much, and needs to
    focus.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lol. Great minds Carol. I didn't see your answer before I posted, but I hope he feels really bad and makes a statement. How do you process 'oh you won' oh, you didn't'
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lol. Great minds Carol. I didn't see your answer before I posted, '

Lol that's my motto too. Great minds think alike.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Hope you all are having a wonderful week before Christmas!! 5 days away, can't believe it!!

Not looking forward to only 3 days of General Hospital this week though! I look forward to my daily dose of drama dang it lol. I already lost one day last week for some reason, still don't know why. So so sooo freakin happy Jason dumped Liz's behind!! She deserved it!!

If I don't post again before then (I'm gunna try to remember haha), hope you all HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! <33

I really really loved Liz with Steve Burton's Jason but she doesn't have much chemistry with this Jason.
    Thank you so much for the gifts you've sent my new doll, James_A_Melton. I truly appreciate them!!!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and have excellent mystery box luck on KKH (#priorities). :-D
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I love the way Sam and Jason. ANd the Sam reminds Liz that she kept the truth from everyone for her own selfish wants. I kind of agree with Helena about Liz. See Sam loves every thing about Jason, while Liz wants to change him to fit the Cookie Cutter role she has for him. And as soon as Lucky comes back and wiggles his finger......Jason who? Just my opinion, but I love GH.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Carol and Koko!

Somehow I feel sorry for him too.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I just wanted to share.

Happy Winter Solstice!

yjzJ3wI.jpg

I don't have winter in my country, but this is a tradition since I was young. So today, I woke up and these were ready for me to gobble down. It's really close to Christmas, so Christmas has been starting to overshadow this day. I don't think there's any public celebration in my country, but everyone will eat this at home, it's a must. This is also eaten on another occasion (and really anytime I feel like it).

These are called tangyuan. They have a similar texture to mochi, soft and chewy. Traditionally, they come colorful and plain but they do come with fillings too. The really common fillings are peanut and sesame paste. The really nicely made ones will cause an explosion when you bite into it! The paste inside is sweet, my favorite is the peanut ones. I rarely like any hot dessert, but I welcome this any time!

p9vrgdV.jpg

Nowadays, there are many different variations to the soup base like green tea, red bean etc. The fillings are also endless. If you see that the ball is small, there usually isn't filling inside.

DrGmaSH.png

I believe some people also eat dumplings on this day too, here you go!

NDkgNGA.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Aw Nai, thank you very much everything looks delicious!

The Summer just entered here!

I've read that Christmas is celebrated on December because of the Solstice, that was a pagan celebration, so when they were converted to Christianity it started be the way we know.

Researchers claim that Jesus wasn't born in December, but I forgot the right date :p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Wow Nai, they look delicious :) I'd love to try them, I like love trying new food. And vegetarian too, so I can try them!!!!

Hope you've had a lovely time xo
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Actually, I agree with Vats, and I am a Christian. Winter solstice was celebrated for a quite a long time as a pagan holiday. The holiday of Christmas and Jesus' birth was "connected" to that holiday to make it more religious. From what I've read, the real "birthday" of Jesus was most likely in the fall. (The reasoning behind it is based on many things written in the Bible, for example when and why the shepherds were in the fields when the Angels came to give them the Good News.) Many of the elements of Christmas (including the tree), also have ties to winter solstice.

I don't think Vats was trying to argue or put down your beliefs. I simply think he was just stating information that he acquired. Please don't think I am arguing against your beliefs either, because I am the first to avoid arguments. I celebrate Christmas as Jesus' birthday, and our family even bakes a birthday cake for baby Jesus on December 25 as one of our traditions.

I will post no more on the subject, because I want to keep the peace and make this a happy, joyful environment. Please forgive me if I offended you, or anyone else.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    oh no what did I miss? Ok, I deleted a few posts, they were very heated. Oftentimes things are misinterpreted.

As a former Church Outreach Secretary, as an Irish Catholic I celebrate Christmas. And we really can't discuss religion persay, but we are celebrating a Christmas Event. From the bottom of my heart, I did not see anything that wasn't straightford, presenting thoughts as 'believed by reseachers'.

It showed that 'some people believe this'. And, even devout theologians will argue the same point about at least the time of year.

But content aside, I can't stress enough that if there is a problematic post, I'm begging you to pm me about it. Or report it. But please don't argue about it. In this case, I can assure you it was misinterpreted.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Happy holidays to all of my forum friends!⛄❄

188076.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Happy holidays Carol and everyone! PS Vats I cleared space in my inbox :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Naiiii, that looks delicious! I wanna try this! One day, when I come to Singapore :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    "While these explanations of how December 25 came to be the date of Christmas are all plausible, we know one thing for sure: The evidence that this day held a special significance to Christians predates the proof of a supposed celebration of Sol Invictus or other pagan deities on that day.

That the Christians chose a date so close to the winter solstice is also not proof that this was done to mimic pagan festivals. The various pagan religions all had festivals spanning the calendar. Whatever month the early Christians might have otherwise chosen would still place Christmas near some pagan celebration, and oppositional theorists would still be making the same claims."

From

http://www.catholic.com/blog/jon-sorensen/why-december-25
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Whatever happened to Baby Luz?

image_zps5rg7a8gg.jpeg

I kinda look like a hybrid of the sisters.
    d6f9b812-a0ef-4097-8e55-e6676abe01cb_zpshag3ia10.png

It is wonderful to have such great earnable items this week, though!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    You look great Luz. how you doing?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    happy-new-year-snowbud.gif
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Aww, thank you Carol. Lovely card. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I'm so laaaaate! Happy New Year everyone !! Things have been so hectic IRL that I wasn't able to give much thought to the game!! I mean, it's Thursday, and before you know it, it's friggin Saturday!! Hope yall had a great celebrating, and I wish you all the very best for the upcoming year !!

xWdfuD1WmMw8M.gif
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    Chanrin wrote: »
    I'm so laaaaate! Happy New Year everyone !! Things have been so hectic IRL that I wasn't able to give much thought to the game!! I mean, it's Thursday, and before you know it, it's friggin Saturday!! Hope yall had a great celebrating, and I wish you all the very best for the upcoming year !!

Happy new year's to you too Chanrin! You're not the only one that didn't have enough time to play KKH for the weekend event. I didn't grind that much on my game either because I'm such a busy individual too. Glu must think that KKH players have no lives lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    You know what I found very helpful, taking 8 hour parties, tapping out and going back in a few hours to do it again and finish the gig. When you packing down 28 Costar Event points, plus 12+8 an 8 hour gig was earning would get me 48 points, and that was much less stressful than the 3 hour parties. Just my opinion, it helped me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Ughhh I wanetd to do that but, I wasn't really sure how much time it took for the "small talk" action to respan, and I did not want to waste my time :( Now I'm left with 10 hours and FIVE 3-hour parties to throw and I want to give up because I didn'l like the dress that much anyway, but the fact that I'm so close is making me want to do it anyway...

But it's sunday, it's almost 6pm over here and I have soooooo many things to do =_=
    Happy new year's to you too Chanrin! You're not the only one that didn't have enough time to play KKH for the weekend event. I didn't grind that much on my game either because I'm such a busy individual too. Glu must think that KKH players have no lives lol

Right ? I mean ok, they were nice to give us an extra day (which foolishly missed because I turned off notifications and I had no idea the event started on thursday) , but they could have gifted us event points, or reduced the events points to 500 :(
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    You can do it Chanrin! You can do it. Dress Dress Dress Dress. Besides, if Nai ever posts that as a daily item, you'll be able to play. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Here are some photos from my trip to Athens :)

This is on road to Athens, caught in snow blizzard
    ofdgso.jpg

This is Athens - Glyfada beach and Acropolis view
    286v8e1.jpg

And this is NYE
    1ovng8.png

wuo7bp.png

iOS
    07/2014