~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    When you're legit married to Santa Claus :p

976714f7-64a9-4b0d-a83c-22a85b1c119b_zpsslkijc6h.png
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I think there was a one hour task with the update. There were two new storylines: one was for the restaurant and another that I can't remember. Pretty sure one of them was a one hour. Or are you talking about side gigs? I'm backed up so I haven't gotten one yet.

Lunch with Maria at the new restaurant in Hollywood was an hour.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »

Santa's trading up for a younger Mrs. Claus :p:D

And thank you isabeau I knew there was something! Actually all the restaurant gigs are one hour. I was tapping away in them and next thing you know I'd finished. Spent more energy than I probably needed to finish...
  • Options
    Santa's trading up for a younger Mrs. Claus :p:D

And thank you isabeau I knew there was something! Actually all the restaurant gigs are one hour. I was tapping away in them and next thing you know I'd finished. Spent more energy than I probably needed to finish...

You know you're always so very welcome, doll.:) Oh! And I got another restaurant gig this morning too--an hour just as you said. I wonder if this will last; pretty happy about that. <3
  • Options

How on earth...?! Sugar, the creation of your holly jolly couple = <3<3<3 I *love* it!
  • Options
    Lol Isabeau, ikr!! It was purely coincidence. It's always a surprise to me what hubby will be wearing but I changed my outfit and then when into one of my homes and actually laughed out loud when I saw him! How could we be more perfectly matched :o
    isabeau wrote: »
    How on earth...?! Sugar, the creation of your holly jolly couple = <3<3<3 I *love* it!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Santa and the trophy wife. Lol.

AppleP is not going to have an easy time of finding a new husband she's been trolling all of the clubs instead of doing parties looking for cute NPCs. she walked into Oak saw 2 cuties. one looked Ok, and the other was sensational. So she taps on the first one she she adds him as a contact. taps on the second one - the yummy one -oh my God it's Trevor. He's no NPC! Oh Trev honey........the cute one I was going to date with the shades...Noah, because he's already a heart contact..... he'll only stand behind me for pictures that's no good I hate that so I need someone who starts out as a professional contact.so I have him in as a star and then if I start to date him hopefully I'll still get to take a picture of him without him being right up behind . Life is so hard for a single doll.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    You know you're always so very welcome, doll.:) Oh! And I got another restaurant gig this morning too--an hour just as you said. I wonder if this will last; pretty happy about that. <3

The first was lunch with Maria, then the owner asks you to make an appearance/run the staff, and then I think you get the option to buy the restaurant? 65 k-stars of course :mad: I still haven't bought the ice club, gym, etc. Not sure I will. I'd rather buy stuff for my doll.
  • Options

AppleP is not going to have an easy time of finding a new husband she's been trolling all of the clubs instead of doing parties looking for cute NPCs. she walked into Oak saw 2 cuties. one looked Ok, and the other was sensational. So she taps on the first one she she adds him as a contact. taps on the second one - the yummy one -oh my God it's Trevor. He's no NPC! Oh Trev honey........the cute one I was going to date with the shades...Noah, because he's already a heart contact..... he'll only stand behind me for pictures that's no good I hate that so I need someone who starts out as a professional contact.so I have him in as a star and then if I start to date him hopefully I'll still get to take a picture of him without him being right up behind . Life is so hard for a single doll.

It wouldn't be so bad if the NPCs would "refresh" every once in awhile. They had to create them anyway for the fan count list so why can't they show up in our game too?
  • Options
    LMAO! Koko :p You know when I first joined the forum and started adding friends to my game I wanted to date Trevor too :o I didn't know that it can be a one-sided relationship lol, I thought both parties had to agree to date and I was waaaaaaay too shy back then to ask him :rolleyes:

• Options
    I know, yesterday he was rocking a Simon leBonne (sp?) look. The guy from Duran Duran? I had my finger on the button ready to add him, then I saw it was Trev, and I thought ewww how stalkery of me. Yes it can be one sided, 50 of us can add and marry trev. But, having him here as a friend, I would feel weird marrying his doll without his ok. And, if you ask a friend, then they feel they 'have to say ok', and it's just wonky. So, I'll either find a good looking 'fb add' that I have no real contact with, I'll take Shades - the cute NPC but never take a picture with him. I swear the 'romantic' pose is just wrong. They're right up against your behind. and leaning in. I need a free standing hubby I can take pics with. I had that with Fab. Sniff sniff. If you marry a real player game, you have the choice of the 'personal space invasion' or the side by side that is much better for photo manipulation. Ok, off to FB to check out iOS guys. I'll lose the sweet greetings, but my doll will take better pics with her hubby.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    My advice to AppleP is enjoy her singledom, cause this way the right guy will show up naturally!;)

Talking on growing the family, Vats is starting to ponder about a second child. This is now a recurrent thought on his mind, however he feels that Mellanie needs to grow up a bit more and make sure that he won't have a Nanny taking care of his children instead of Bort.

However I'm not sure if Bort wants a second child anymore... He used to ask V. about it every 12h, but suddenly months ago he stopped and never asked again. Of course adoption is still an option, but 160 k-stars doesn't seem so atractive now that we can full customize and have plenty of new options of colors from the new update, differently from June of 2015.

Guess he still have time to think, until we have an option to grow babies, get rid of the nanny and Bort gets fixed. But who knows? Maybe in 2017 the family will become bigger.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts

flx82o.jpg

He's seriously cute, though.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Hey, any iOS game want to tell me what AppleP is wearing in your game? i keep changing settings, I'm about to wipe my old standby ipad, start a new account just to see what Apple's wearing.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Since my question was deleted in another thread (not criticizing just saw a post by another member and was genuinely curious) I'll just post here: Have parties actually gotten harder or do they just seem that way because reality shows are so easy? I remember party events seeming a lot easier than gig weekends but with reality shows it's the opposite now.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Since my question was deleted in another thread (not criticizing just saw a post by another member and was genuinely curious) I'll just post here: Have parties actually gotten harder or do they just seem that way because reality shows are so easy? I remember party events seeming a lot easier than gig weekends but with reality shows it's the opposite now.

I think parties are easiest if you have certain things in place and are at a certain level in the game. I hate to see people dreading party weekends, because I know it is frustrating to be told to hang in there and wait til you are a higher level. I am reluctant to praise an event for ease, because I know Glu reads and reacts to that :) but party and gig weekends are two of the easier ones.
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I think parties are easiest if you have certain things in place and are at a certain level in the game. I hate to see people dreading party weekends, because I know it is frustrating to be told to hang in there and wait til you are a higher level. I am reluctant to praise an event for ease, because I know Glu reads and reacts to that :) but party and gig weekends are two of the easier ones.

The last party weekend prior to Halloween I really struggled with. I barely finished on Halloween but this past weekend I did pretty good. I finished around Sunday afternoon and I didn't lose sleep and even went out for a few hours on Saturday. I wouldn't say it was easy to finish but I wasn't stressing about it either. Although I tried your hint Jules and could not get it to happen lol.

Now dating events I think are still really hard just because of the unpredictability of how long of dates you're going to get. I will forever complain about those.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Guys, remember our Christmas card last year?

Check out page 13, 14 and 17 for the pictures.

What do you guys thinking of doing it this year as well? Last year Amy was the mastermind, she thought of the idea and approached me. We discussed the theme (Vatsy gave the PJs idea btw!) and there was a great amount of participation, that I had a really tough time putting everyone together, I was a real beginner (I still am)! We both got really excited, we got close as well! I miss her... hope she is doing ok, and honestly, I hope that doing this would bring her back here.

As I'm looking through the pictures, a lot of friends have left over the past year, maybe half of the lot? But I know the lot of you who are still here, we've known each other for more than a year now! :o

Oh, my personal favorite is the New Year countdown mega selfie. Actually one more, Luz & Stellan's Christmas card with their cute family photos in the background.

We actually intended to do 2 themes for the Christmas card last year but I split them into Christmas and NYE in the end. I'm getting long-winded! Ok just throw some suggestions for themes and ideas since this year I have no one to discuss it with :(
    PM to add
  • Options
    You've got all of us! I love the idea and I'm anxious to hear what everyone's ideas are. This will be fun. Between those who've been here before, to those celebrating with us this way for the first time.....it's a great time to dust off your imagination and help plan.

And I promise to figure out what if any color schemes before I submit my dolls. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Nai this is a great idea! I love theme-time where so many join in the fun :D We could do an outdoor theme or sleepover or Christmas formal ... I'm up for anything :p
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Nai, I'm here too and up for this! I think its amazing idea. Let's do it again. That thread you posted brought so much memories :) we've had some great time here these past years... I am sorry I am not so active anymore, I just have so much going on in my life and I just don't have the time like before... God, I miss Amy so much.. :(
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah Yeah let's do it again!

So how about Santa's Workshop as a theme for the Christmas card this year?

I miss Amy too!

Sassy I just want to say that I adore you, k?!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks for the input guys :o

I personally don't celebrate Christmas, so I don't have much idea for this. Shoot more ideas my way!

I'll probably start the thread tomorrow or else I don't have much time.
    PM to add
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Guys, I am so excited! I haven't been too active here lately because I am BUYING A HOUSE! I fell in love with it - a little 1920s spanish bungalow, fully restored, in a cute neighborhood. I went under contract in October and have been going through the process and now I am at the last few days before closing and I am just running all over the place getting stuff together for it. I will probably be scarce til after New Years so Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope you open all the right gift boxes!!
  • Options
    Oh Jules. That is wonderful news. Huge Congratulations. Enjoy and know that I'm thrilled for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yay, congrats Jules! I love house decorating. It's so exciting when it's your house and your options are limitless. We remodeled our kitchen last year and a few months ago we bought a new mattress and ended up buying new bedroom furniture too. So of course that called for a new comforter which oh dear, clashes with the walls so now we need to repaint. I may or may not have picked a clashing color on purpose :rolleyes:
  • Options
    That's awesome news Julesmo, and super exciting!!! CONGRATS :D:D
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Guys, I have news from Amy..

She wrote me the other day, explaining everything and she told me to pass her "hi" to the forum and to tell the story.. she married her ex boyfriend of 10 years, in the summer in a private ceremony.. her boy isn't well, they are praying for one more Christmas together.. so pray for Amy and John.. she said she is spending her free time with him and thats why she stopped playing the game.. she lurks the forum once in a while and reads our threads.. she misses you all, especially Koko, Vatsy and Nai.. she has plans on coming back, next year she said.. so thats it for now..

Little something from me:
    I am not so active cause life got messed up, some ugly things happened to me so I shut down for a while.. I am OK now, slowly recovering.. the new job is great but so much things to do, so I dont have lots of free time left for the game.. so thats it, I am trying to come here as often as I can ❤️

Vatsy, I adore you too! And I miss you so so much, my love.. ❤️
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    WOW Sassy, that's a lot of information to process! Prayers to Amy and John. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through but so nice they have each other for now ❤️

Prayers and hugs to you too dear Sassy ❤️ Glad you are recovering and able to pop in here once in a while. You are really missed here!!
    Guys, I have news from Amy..

She wrote me the other day, explaining everything and she told me to pass her "hi" to the forum and to tell the story.. she married her ex boyfriend of 10 years, in the summer in a private ceremony.. her boy isn't well, they are praying for one more Christmas together.. so pray for Amy and John.. she said she is spending her free time with him and thats why she stopped playing the game.. she lurks the forum once in a while and reads our threads.. she misses you all, especially Koko, Vatsy and Nai.. she has plans on coming back, next year she said.. so thats it for now..

Little something from me:
    I am not so active cause life got messed up, some ugly things happened to me so I shut down for a while.. I am OK now, slowly recovering.. the new job is great but so much things to do, so I dont have lots of free time left for the game.. so thats it, I am trying to come here as often as I can ❤️

Vatsy, I adore you too! And I miss you so so much, my love.. ❤️
  • Options
    I'm so glad we've heard from Amy. Sending love and good thoughts her way. And Sassy, stay strong and I'm so sad you went through an ordeal. You and Amy have such beautiful hearts, I'm so sorry for your pain. I wish lovely things for you both.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary