Options

The Tokyo Hotness!

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Uh, I figured it out, that coat is level 22, and Stellan's only mid-way through 20! I'm a slacker, and his device is so annoying to use. Oh well, he'll get there.

Edit: oh my goodness, just as I was writing this, MissBettyBoop gifted him with that coat! Betty, you're the best! Thank you so much!! He just loves it to death!

Also, you're really cute and have a lovely rabbit, I can't help but notice...
    image.jpg1_zpspqipz2lf.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi sweetie, thanks so much for your compliment and sorry for my late reply, not cuz I was busy but I was feeling sad and offended after seeing sb here said my country update "is boring" and wanted a baby update instead. (ok if combining that 2 issues together: JP and the low rise of population now it's a sensitive thing to talk about, to me at least and I hate it ) So yeah, I'll be off for a while. Ignorant people always get on my nerve.

Anyways, you know Stellan could actually buy the same coat I was wearing there? It's in your wardrobe, and I wish I could just gift it to him like I gifted to my bro Charli, I hope he got it already. Lately there is an issue with gifting and lost gifts too, how weird.

Moony, I'm not on my laptop but don't go anywhere yet. I will go upstairs and then backtrack to see what happened. Hang on please?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well, I am thrilled with the Japan update. First off, OMG, I love my home. It is so beautiful. I'm holding out on finishing the decorating incase this is a spend weekend. I love the whole feel of it. And, before it updated, is when Z, the Galaxy Phone who married her sister, then had the vegas quickie wedding, was newly divorced, and the game made me pair with some NPC. I took the date I had to, then I immediately grabbed Moony for a couples party. Next thing I knew we had the Land of the Rising Sun Update.
    Moony and I went on a whirlwind romance with the mountains in the distance, and he proposed. Then, the Game Show. OMG, no one does Game Shows like the Japanese. So much in fact, ABC made a game show, where we sent Americans over to participate in a real Japanese Game Show. I think 8 went over, and they sent one home every week.

The Quests for Japan are great. I'm so sorry you were hurt Moony, but, you should have pulled me aside and mentioned it privately. You and I would have filled up this thread with more information, entertainment and showed them how wrong they were. Give me a majestic view over a dirty diaper anytime. I thought you slipped away due to prior commitments or something. Please come back and join in the fun. How about a video. This update is your time to shine Moony. Don't retreat because people are unaware. You educated me this morning. Now lets have fun. I never knew for instance that Japan is called the Land of the Sun's Origin, or the Land of the Rising Sun. I took a minute and found out. So many of us have never been exposed to your beautiful country, either in film, travel, school. We don't have "Worlds Fairs" anymore. I go past the old fairgrounds where they twice hosted a haven for exhibits and minivillages of countries from all over the world. Maybe if we did have them now, people would know more. Anyway, soap box away (unless someone else wants it) But come back Moony. Let's Rock this thread. How about more pictures? Food, Cultural Garb, Music, Landscape. Don't let this opportunity slip away. ...Please? Consider it an early Wedding Gift to My Samsung. :) Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Moony I really am sorry you're going through it again buddy!

Speaking at Keanu Reeves I'll play devil's advocate here, so maybe you feel better.

I don't, remember reading something offensive to Japan, perhaps the way the person was expressed that has made you sad.

Just to remind you that forum has people from all over the world, so it is inevitable that there are cultural barriers.

You're very polite, sensitive and helpful when you're expressing and I'm sure this has to do with the way you were raised, but you can't expect everyone to be that way, at the mind of these people it's all right as the way they're acting!

Just for your fun a little story. I live in a country with many cultural differences, each region has its accent, vocabulary, way of acting and even differences in physical appearance. So I was traveling and a relatively new friend from another region put a hand on my a$$, I could see that she was being affectionate, but I was like really?

And all this in the same country! Imagine the world! Luz is right people will talk junk, but maybe isn't just ignorance there something more!

Please tries to cheer up and show how Japan is wonderful for us as Koko said!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    It's just that you're so very cute and perky, Vats. I'm sorry though. It won't happen again! Hands to myself, hands to myself... :p

• Options
    [video=youtube_share;BJQrzx1kT5I]http://youtu.be/BJQrzx1kT5I[/video]

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    It's just that you're so very cute and perky, Vats. I'm sorry though. It won't happen again! Hands to myself, hands to myself... :p

I had only drop hints here, but you manifested!

But thanks for the compliments!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Japan is unique and awesome Moony I would love to go there for real someday! :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Moony, if you really did feel like adding a travelogue feature to this thread, that'd be so much fun to see! If you have the time and energy, you should show off some pictures or videos that would help inform ignorant me & ignorant others...

I'm putting more Pizzicato Five because they're Japanese and I adore them, and I'll take any excuse to add music apparently.
    [video=youtube_share;rEg4lmyuQW0]http://youtu.be/rEg4lmyuQW0[/video]

• Options
    I love it. It's like a pubcrawl. We've (hopefully) got 2 parties going. One in the Update Japan is awesome thread (Tokyo Hotness) and the Alkoholiks AmazeB@lls Adventure Weekend Event. So come back Moony.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

Song says it all.

I love Japan, went there in January and best trip ever <3 That is even though I missed my flight. Happily extended 5 days. My family concluded that it was part of my sneaky plan.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the music, chica! If only he's still around and hears it...

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Aw Zoyechka, you reference really makes me flattered here O///O Thanks a lot dear, you gotta show us your Tokyo style here too, I bet others would love to see, including me of course :D
    Hi Moony! Oh gosh I haven't had the latest update yet so that's why I don't have my Tokyo background lol. But I love Japan & J-Pop. Idk how to ebb vids here but I love this song & this jpop star.

http://youtu.be/dWmhXASoeWo
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    I grew up watching anime, reading manga and playing JRPGs, and I love Japan for giving me all that!

Prepare your hearts now to an explosion of cuteness ...

People might get bored with the updade, but never with Japan!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    That was indeed an explosion of cuteness! Thanks Ash!

Since I've never been to Japan at all, here are two of my favorite things about Japan so far, things that I could love from a distance, anyways. My sister would always rave about the incredible offerings in the vending machines. Here's a long but interesting clip about them. I can almost feel my crippling indecision about purchases already!

[video=youtube_share;ZZmUuRG87sU]http://youtu.be/ZZmUuRG87sU[/video]

And since I raise shrimp as a hobby <don't judge me! they're peaceful and very sweet> I also love these Marimo algae ba lls. They are credited as being Japanese. My shrimp cling to these, eat microscopic junk off of them, hide among them. The Marimo are almost as enjoyable as the shrimp. They move around in the tide my filter creates, if they're not waterlogged. <these aren't my personal videos, but my setup looks very similar.>

[video=youtube_share;sZbBIRZHJeU]http://youtu.be/sZbBIRZHJeU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;OUR41tE5CmI]http://youtu.be/OUR41tE5CmI[/video]

• Options
    That was indeed an explosion of cuteness! Thanks Ash!

The name is Satoshi, we're on Japan right shrimp girl?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Eep! My bad. Satoshi it is! Good catch.

<hopefully that's not what's keeping Moony away! :p>

Am I now shrimp girl? Ugh. Well, it could be worse. I'd give funny examples of what would be worse, but think I'd better just stick with shrimp girl. They really are such charming little creatures. And very, very delicious.

[video=youtube_share;82_P7pDoqAY]http://youtu.be/82_P7pDoqAY[/video]

• Options
    Shrimp girl sounds like a superhero! I can't think of any appropriate super powers though don't really know much about shrimp :)
  • Options
    I'm afraid the only superpowers might be the abilities of Scuttling Quickly in useless circles and Being Easily Startled! Oh, but there's also the Extreme Delicacy, too. <and not delicacy like a tasty appetizer; delicacy like getting sucked up into the water filter and murdered if nobody puts a bit of sponge over the water intake valve.> Yes, it's Shrimp Girl!

image.jpg1_zpskrs3y7c2.jpg
    Seejay196 on DeviantArt drew this. Pretty awesome, right?

She's pretty darn cute, and does fit in a thread about Japan, kinda...

• Options
    So cute! :)
  • Options
    Yesterday I ate shrimp at lunch, the only thing I had in mind was you Luz!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    You're so sweet.

<Seriously, though, never get a nerd-hobbyist restarted once they've stopped blathering on about their obsession! You asked for this!> So, I'm currently all excited about my new tank, a three-gallon oversized brandy-snifter containing coral and tiny little opae ula shrimp. They're the poor little guys that get sold in those teensy little closed ecospheres to slowly starve to death.

Here's a cool video by a girl I like to follow. She raises opae ula, too. Here's her adorable re-working of a tank she'd had for a long time. She used to have it full of these crazy-colored plastic plants, and now she's chosen this gorgeous naturalistic setup instead. I love both looks. Check it out if you're bored.

[video=youtube_share;VDDxhXCglpg]http://youtu.be/VDDxhXCglpg[/video]

Love,
    Shrimp Girl

ps- because I'm an inconsistent monster, I eat shrimp too. I try to treat my pets very well to make up for this.

pps- I can't resist! Here's my brandy tank of opae. I've had this tank set up for a few months now, but I just added the larger coral insert. They've been crawling all over and exploring it like crazy. Yes, this thread is totally on-topic now! But maybe it's the subject that will finally bring Moony back! We have to try everything!

Sorry, my iPad camera and camera-skills are both terrible, and the shrimp are less than an inch long, and the curved glass doesn't help with the pics. But here it is anyway. The weird circles on the glass are from the suction cups that hold the light on the oddly-shaped tank.
    image.jpg1_zpsvcwmxkm4.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsttraofza.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsxbvl6i1l.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsuty3puca.jpg

• Options
    You're so sweet.

I must be, mosquitoes always choose me to be bitten!

Edit: Oh Luz, is beautiful your obsession with shrimps !!!

That tank should draw a lot of attention from people who visit your home, so you can talk a lot about isn't it?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Yes! Between having toddlers and having shrimp tanks, I never fail to drive my guests to bored tears with my stories! I'm pretty popular at parties, too. It's why I always have my business peeking out-- so that people will come talk to me, anyway.

• Options
    Oh Luz! I love those shrimps and have them too! My bro got them from a friend who sells them. We only have... 8 of them though, but they look a different type of breed from the video as well as yours. But how sad, they're in a rather small space, in a cylinder tank. Small but they fascinate everyone who sees them!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Well, if yours are the little volcano shrimp/opae ula, they don't technically need a ton of space. I feel much happier about them being kept in round spaces little yours, where they aren't confused by running into a tank wall, and can swim little shrimp laps if they feel agitated. I do think it really helps them to be in an unsealed container which allows for gas exchange, and for people to also feed them. I feed mine spirulina every day or so, and some blanched spinach or zucchini. They just look redder and happier, and have more larvae that way. With those closed ecospheres, the sellers promise that food isn't necessary. But what animal could be comfortable and well while it ate basically nothing? Are your shrimp salt, fresh or brackish water? The opae are brackish.

I have the more common, larger freshwater shrimp too-- crystal reds, etc. But I like the opae ula best.

Cool that you're into it, too!

• Options
    Yup the cylinder tank is really beautiful, and the corals are actually pretty rare as claimed. So yeah was mentioned that they can go without feeding, and no change of water required. But we did change it once, very scary experience since they're so tiny. Oh but we still feed that little ***** of algae once in awhile. I remember when they were a baby, they were VERY transparent and it was difficult to spot them. We even thought we got cheated lol! I don't know their type, because my memory is bad.

Oh and why do you shine a light on the tank? Is there a special purpose or just for lighting xD

Wow look at us and our shrimp talks.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I have the light on to help grow algae as well as to firmly establish a diurnal cycle for them < I think they're supposed to be nocturnal though mine always just do whatever, whenever>, and to be able to see if any of them are berried <carrying eggs>. Opae eat the micro-organisms and biomass that live off the algae, so I like to get a little mess going for them. Strangely, it's harder than you'd think to make algae grow in a brackish <half-way between salt and fresh-water> environment! The walls of the glass remain stubbornly clean at this moment, and I feed them religiously.

I shake my head, because my freshwater tanks <I have a 20 long and a 55 high> grow algae like it's growing out of style, and I have to remove it. But when I want some to grow? Forget about it!

Poor Koko may have to create the first ever KKH Shrimpkeeping Thread.

• Options
    Oh dear. We went out for a nice ride, and decided to have lunch. I feel incredibly bad now. I opted not for the brunch buffet, and ordered a succulent entree of Kokonut Shrimp. I....I...I missed all this about the Shrimpses before. But I kouldn't help it. I've been a kokonut all my life, and well....I just had to try it. I'll hang my head in shame now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Nah, no shame. You didn't eat my shrimp or Naimonster's, so all is good. I love shrimp scampi now and again. Sick, right? I question myself everytime I make it and then go upstairs to tend to my shrimp pets. I'm two people, apparently. But I have to say, an intact jumbo shrimp is kind of scary-looking! The alien look of a shrimp plays better for me in miniature!

I come from historically dairy-farming people, and we love to go to working farms with the kids, and cows are like the sweetest creatures to ever exist, but I still eat too much red meat.

No shame, Coconut Kokokokonut!