General Complaints Thread

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited October 2018
    My guess is the price is the same as the first time they charged it. It wouldn't be fair to halve the price or change the offering when others paid full price before for the same thing. Imagine if they did that with a SMC that came out a few months ago and suddenly it's cheaper or you get double the k-stars? That would be infuriating if you already bought it. 

@kokokokonut you used to have a radio show???
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I absolutely agree with the both of you @Rebelliaux and @Ohemilie. 💯👌🏾 I'm thinking that's mainly one of the reasons why I never purchased any of Kim picks. Whenever I see the Kim picks popup on my game, I'm not even slightly convinced to buy it for my doll. I don't think that it's a good deal that I won't be justifying in spending $10 for a dress and 60 kstars. It's just so unworthy to me. There isn't even a hairstyle and a pair of shoes to be included as a bundle just like SMC SMH 🤦🏾‍♀️
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Omg. I have forgotten back before all the NARS eyes, GS Eyes and the Christmas Eyes, we were all sporting that black smokey eyes 
    IOS Player 
  • KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Back when we used to get 1 hr gigs. Miss those days and my old game 😕
  • puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    All that I ask for is some players on Kindle to holler that they actually exist. Am I the only one really? I feel as if this is a game that's targeted specifically for Apple players. 
    Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • PicThisTiaPicThisTia Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    My iPad where I play reboot itself then I tried to go on and play the game this thing came up . It says to contact glu but nothing happen I have to wait 4 days and it feels like contact us thing doesn’t work like always why does it take so long for people to reach us back 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @KKHLucy what level are you on? I am level 52 and still getting 1 hour event offers from Simon. I hope it lasts!
    iOS
    @AliBryant level 38 I only get 8 hr 😭 I’m so sick and tired of these long tasks so they pile up!
    @KKHLucy I don't see the 1hr tasks very often. Whenever Simon only offers 8 hour gigs I decline him until he asks if he can call back in an hour and then I keep doing that until he comes up with something different. I usually just end up accepting a 3 hour. Have you been trying that?
    @soundspretty yea all he offers me is 8 hr gigs :( I always decline it
    @KKHLucy I don't blame you. Regular gigs take up so much energy
  • KaeHoldUpKaeHoldUp Registered Users 45 Posts
    My iPad where I play reboot itself then I tried to go on and play the game this thing came up . It says to contact glu but nothing happen I have to wait 4 days and it feels like contact us thing doesn’t work like always why does it take so long for people to reach us back 

What is happening to your game? 
    @KaeHoldUp my iPad restart it self so I had to re download everything I pop up on app and they had these message and I tried to contact us and no one contact me back in two days lol I’m like I’m about to throw the towel bc they must not want my money 
  • KaeHoldUpKaeHoldUp Registered Users 45 Posts
    @KaeHoldUp my iPad restart it self so I had to re download everything I pop up on app and they had these message and I tried to contact us and no one contact me back in two days lol I’m like I’m about to throw the towel bc they must not want my money 

Ohhh, I see. Give them a week and if nothing happened, maybe try again. They have a lot of people who feel wronged constantly contacting them. They probably have to prioritize their replies. If you’re able to get on in 3 days, no problem. They deal with that a lot already with people who they have tried to lock out on purpose (by assuming they all have “enhanced” games) so you’ll just have to wait and see. I’m sorry this is happening to you. The next time you’re in your game, make sure you go to the game settings area and copy down your game ID. They are more likely to help you if you have it. If you need any help, feel free to message me. I know how frustrating it can be to feel ignored, so I’ll try to help as much as I can. :) 
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I hate that after last week's initial happiness the boys are back to 2 earnables again.. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    It’s it’s like if they get two then maybe the girls stuff should be so hard like 600 points in two days who got 600 points money lol
    KaeHoldUp said:

Ohhh, I see. Give them a week and if nothing happened, maybe try again. They have a lot of people who feel wronged constantly contacting them. They probably have to prioritize their replies. If you’re able to get on in 3 days, no problem. They deal with that a lot already with people who they have tried to lock out on purpose (by assuming they all have “enhanced” games) so you’ll just have to wait and see. I’m sorry this is happening to you. The next time you’re in your game, make sure you go to the game settings area and copy down your game ID. They are more likely to help you if you have it. If you need any help, feel free to message me. I know how frustrating it can be to feel ignored, so I’ll try to help as much as I can. :) 
    Thanks bc I was feeling so upset like dang I’m trying to give u money take my dang money 
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    pua said:
    All that I ask for is some players on Kindle to holler that they actually exist. Am I the only one really? I feel as if this is a game that's targeted specifically for Apple players. 
    Hi! I am a Kindle player! There are a few of us!
    **Update **yeah this is sad literally four days and nothing so I’m basically gonna miss the weekend thing bc I don’t have forever to spend on the app checking to see if someone contacted me and I miss out on Halloween event Wednesday which wasn’t fun all to get no one to contact me and when I do probably get an person w a rude attitude like every other time. So I give up. Side note I agree bc u guys I pour my time and energy into those double things and I actually never got it lol and kollection same as newbies u don’t know and it took awhile for me to catch on. 
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    edited November 2018

To be honest, I’m out. I love the game and this forum but lately I’ve felt really frustrated with so many things; the increasing cost of everything, the disregard for long term players, the greed when pricing new things - pets and clothes used to be affordable but they’ve slowly increased items whilst not increasing star payouts for anything so it’s harder to succeed in the game. Kash and energy in boxes annoy so many people but it hasn’t changed in years and lots of players have said they feel frustrated with issues that would be easy fixes for glu such as scrapping kollections, increasing achievements and choosing date length etc. 

Anyways, I hope everyone carries on playing and that glu listens to players. I’m out

iOS player 
    level 69
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Glu needs to go back with Fyber and screw this scam of a company, Tapjoy.

i completed dozens of offers with Fyber with no issue. I’ve completed 6 with Fyber and not one has ever gone through. I’m so mad that I spent money to do one and can’t even get a response from anything but an automated response about it. 
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    Glu needs to go back with Fyber and screw this scam of a company, Tapjoy.

i completed dozens of offers with Fyber with no issue. I’ve completed 6 with Fyber and not one has ever gone through. I’m so mad that I spent money to do one and can’t even get a response from anything but an automated response about it. 
    Agree 💯! Even if the k-stars didn’t come thru, Fyner is really good with email replies and once you provided proof you finished the task, the rewards come thru. 

Tapjoy on on the other hand, I emailed them about not getting rewards from a few surveys I did and they were like oooh, you didn’t finish the surveys and basically adamant that they can’t send me the reward and I have to redo the surveys. Since then I didn’t bother with any tapjoy tasks. It is not worth the headaches. 
    IOS Player 
  • kyannnaakyannnaa Registered Users 12 Posts
    I really wish Glu would make makeup options that look good on the darker skin-tones. I get tired of seeing everyone on different platforms look amazing in the makeup, while my darker doll looks ashy and busted asf.
  • FluffybunnyFluffybunny Registered Users 15 Posts
    Ohemilie said:

To be honest, I’m out. I love the game and this forum but lately I’ve felt really frustrated with so many things; the increasing cost of everything, the disregard for long term players, the greed when pricing new things - pets and clothes used to be affordable but they’ve slowly increased items whilst not increasing star payouts for anything so it’s harder to succeed in the game. Kash and energy in boxes annoy so many people but it hasn’t changed in years and lots of players have said they feel frustrated with issues that would be easy fixes for glu such as scrapping kollections, increasing achievements and choosing date length etc. 

Anyways, I hope everyone carries on playing and that glu listens to players. I’m out

I'm out too.  The removal of videos for free stars after a $10 purchase, the time I waste watching all those stupid twitter notifications, and the gift/prize boxes that have crap in them have done it for me.  I wouldn't mind the bad prize boxes if I was getting free stars.  But I'm basically crippled in this game and tired of wasting my time for nothing.   
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I love this game, I’ve played it for several years and my K-star purchases/SMC’s etc have to be into the thousands at this point. I don’t even want to look at my past iTunes purchases as I’m sure its gross.

The Kollections are what might finally drive me out (and I’m sure my husband would be happy if I quit $$). I love everything in the Kollections but I cannot justify the cost to complete each Kollection I want. If they would halve the cost of the Kollections I’d likely participate in more of them. I regret the ones I did finish because I feel that signaled to Glu that we WANT this. 

At the bare minimum even upping the amount of daily videos for stars and fixing the business payouts would even help. I own all the businesses, do them routinely each week and it’s just not enough K-stars for how much everything in this game costs. I can’t keep tossing money at this game at this rate, without player money the game will go south fast. 

If the Black Friday sale, that we all look forward to all year long, involves Kollections as a way of obtaining items that’ll likely be my final straw from ever purchasing a k star package again.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    ITA @Kupkakez_ your points are all very valid. I love this game too. (I don't even like the Kardashians!) I just like designer fashion, and the way this game is set up. I too, at first did the Kollections because it was exciting to see so many new items available. But they are cost prohibitive. That the price goes up with each pick is the worst part. I wouldn't even mind them having kash and energy the way they do *IF* they cost the same price per pick like weekend event GBs do. I have been boycotting Kollections personally for the last 2 months. I refuse to play them anymore. I too have invested *thousands* in this game over the years, and I also pay to be VIP, and at this point I am 100% *not* getting my money's worth.

KKH performance was down last quarter. They had $7.1 million in bookings as opposed to the previous quarter with $7.8 million. KKH numbers are up slightly compared to last year, but are still tiny compared to Glu's other titles that pull in the big bucks. (Design Home had $41 million and Tap Baseball had $24 million in bookings last quarter!!) They are losing business from those of us who WANT to give them money, by keeping features like Kollections outrageously expensive. It's not just the voices here in the forum either. I am a member of several game groups on social media that are made up of paying players (not hackers!), and they express the same sentiment. It's the most frustrating thing to want to play, to want to *pay* to play even, but feel like your opinion doesn't matter one bit.

iOS
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    I think the amount they make per quarter is also dependent on events and actions in the game. For example when there's a kstar sale of course they'll make more money in that quarter, or with like the Christmas and valentines day boxes I think make more money than your regular weekend event. 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited November 2018
    why aren't sales a more regular thing? i've always been so curious about this because i'm sure people will likely spend more during a sale than just a regular K-stars package deal
    i love treating myself with some K-stars here and there (more than I should, I keep a folder of my Apple receipts just to make sure everything's there but I don't even want to start making the math of how much i've spent on this game) so if the prices of everything is increasing, why not giving us a little break and make sales a monthly/every 2 months thing rather than 3 or 4 times a year?
    The only time I've ever bought a k-star pack is if I've had Google Play credits or when the packs are on sale. For me, the best incentive to spend money on a game is if I get something out of it. Like with the holiday exchange boxes or a SMC. 

Problem with the kollections is that you're not guaranteed an item. There are always at least 2 boxes (sometimes 3) that contain energy and cash. Two things I would never ever ever spend money for. And based on the handful of kollections I've opened, are usually your first picks.