Options

Weekend Event 7/3/2015 - Red, White, and Ramadan - HolidayHoliday!

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Thank goodness for the star-spangled clothing and my distaste of such! Lol. The weekend events make me a bit anxious to get the prizes....but not so much, this time! Thank you DMV_Doll for showing it to us.

Everyone have a great weekend, and I wish you all the best of luck!😀

Anytime Serendipity 😊

I'm actually a little surprised Glu did a 4th of July themed weekend considering this is an international game.

If I was from GB I would be a little offended since Independence Day came from the American Revolution War which overthrew the authority of Great Britain, and founded the United States of America.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Anytime Serendipity ��

I'm actually a little surprised Glu did a 4th of July themed weekend considering this is an international game.

If I was from GB I would be a little offended since Independence Day came from the American Revolution War which overthrew the authority of Great Britain, and founded the United States of America.

Too soon, you're thinking?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »

Way too soon!

Andriod player
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Luz, you are funny.

I'm from Russia and we don't really celebrate any American holidays, yeah, we do aknowledge Halloween and St Patrick's Day (yes I'm aware it's Irish) and Christmas etc and throw parties sometimes even. This game to me and Kim herself with her reality TV thing and glamour and drama and ridiculousness represent USA's mainstream culture, and I don't mind taking a dip or two in it now and then.

Anyways, I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to play at all. Hope I won't miss anything big!
    Guys, make sure you all have fun and enjoy summer! Love ya.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Way too soon!

That really did make me laugh.

Edit: truncated by Luz to protect poor Koko's sanity.

• Options
    Luz, you are funny.

I'm from Russia and we don't really celebrate any American holidays, yeah, we do aknowledge Halloween and St Patrick's Day (yes I'm aware it's Irish) and Christmas etc and throw parties sometimes even. This game to me and Kim herself with her reality TV thing and glamour and drama and ridiculousness represent USA's mainstream culture, and I don't mind taking a dip or two in it now and then.

Anyways, I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to play at all. Hope I won't miss anything big!

We'll miss you, Kate! Hope you have a fabulous time away. Don't forget us.

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Since Kim has been shown to celebrate the 4th of July, I think Glu is pretty safe in celebrating it with us. Let's refrain from bringing politics into it, or the thread will get shut down and it won't by by my hand.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Here is outfit for the girls

PhotoGrid_1435878739169_zpsyeybnfg2.jpg
    I'm most likely not going to spend any k stars for this event.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Back in 1987 I was living in Germany and my family decided to spend the first week of July enjoying the beautiful country of Yugoslavia. On July 4th, my Mom was complaining about the lack of red, white & blue and I said, "I doubt the citizens of Yugoslavia see a reason to celebrate American independence Mom." She looked at me blankly...and then after a beat grasped my point. LOL.

Since the Kardashians are American, I understand glu creating a weekend event around the 4th of July celebration. I do wish that everything wasn't so stars & stripes because it won't make sense for our Dolls to wear it unless its Independence Day or Memorial Day.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    In case y'all didn't know, if you click on the holiday decorations you will earn gold coins and energy. I appreciate the opportunity to earn extra energy.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    In case y'all didn't know, if you click on the holiday decorations you will earn gold coins and energy. I appreciate the opportunity to earn extra energy.

I really like that feature too, I'll take more energy any time😊

But my fav is when u tap on the fireworks and it explodes. It's super cool and creative. lol

Andriod player
  • Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Out of curiosity, why is ok to talk about religion in a thread, but not politics/ history?

Edit: now that I think abt it... Kim doesn't celebrate Ramadan. She has said on many occasions she's Christian.

DMV_Doll, the Ramadan reference was added by koko because I mentioned that I'm observing Ramadan. And since I'm hosting this weekends party... You get the drift. Anyway this forum caters to all sorts of people and we celebrate Christmas, thanksgiving etc with you guys. Also, we don't actually discuss Ramadan or other religious stuff here. It's just a reference to a holiday..
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    Sassi wrote: »
    DMV_Doll, the Ramadan reference was added by koko because I mentioned that I'm observing Ramadan. And since I'm hosting this weekends party... You get the drift. Anyway this forum caters to all sorts of people and we celebrate Christmas, thanksgiving etc with you guys. Also, we don't actually discuss Ramadan or other religious stuff here. It's just a reference to a holiday..

I get your "gist". I've been around forum for a while, and I dig the multicultural vibe. I enjoy learning abt everyones background.

I mentioned religion bcuz I dont see why there's a restriction on history/ politics, but not religion. Both are considered taboo, along with money.

Since this is an international forum anyone could be offended by the mention of a religious practice just as they could for Independence Day.

Both should be allowed or not allowed to be mentioned in forum IMO

Im sure this is not the popular opinion here, but I'm going to stop b4 I end up like Zoey✌

Back to weekend event preparations. I wonder how much the sale will be on K Stars...

Andriod player
  • Options
    EllieFoxEllieFox Registered Users 22 Posts
    Uhm... 9:43 AM here, in Romania-Eastern Europe, and still, no sign of an update. I wonder when will come up for me. I'm on Android.
    And hello everyone & happy holiday ! :)
  • Options
    twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »

Oh my goodness LuzVarias, you are both witty and laugh-out-loud funny!!

Cranberry juice just came out of my nose. :rolleyes:

I have learned my lesson, never ever read your posts while consuming a beverage.

Thanks for the laugh, I kinda needed one...coulda done without cranberry on my white duvet though!! ;)
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    zing lmao

the way i see it, Kim is american. she grew up in this country celebrating all the stupid sh*t we do. it is one weekend out of 52 ffs let us be great!
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    zing lmao

the way i see it, Kim is american. she grew up in this country celebrating all the stupid sh*t we do. it is one weekend out of 52 ffs let us be great!

Totally. Let's rock it
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    Here is outfit for the girls:
    PhotoGrid_1435878739169_zpsyeybnfg2.jpg

Thanks muchly for posting these pics DMV_Doll!!

Does anyone know if the clothes above are the only items/prizes we are working towards this weekend?

Or is this it for the Fourth Of July VIP Event?

I gotta tell ya, as a Canadian, these clothes are not at all enticing. :(
    (I'm sure I will get over it. :rolleyes:)

Question:
    You are an American KKH player, do you love this event and want to get all the clothes?
    Just curious as to your thoughts. :D
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    twofangs wrote: »

Does anyone know if the clothes above are the only items/prizes we are working towards this weekend?

Question:
    You are an American KKH player, do you love this event and want to get all the clothes?

The only thing I like is the bikini. I imagine it will take more K stars than I can afford. I am sad about this weekend event overall because I have not bought any of the new hairstyles yet in anticipation of a VIP event so I could spend and get other items. I might just wait until the next VIP event to spend stars so hopefully there are better items!
    iOS
  • Options
    twofangs wrote: »

Does anyone know if these clothes are the only items/prizes we are working towards this weekend?

Question:
    AliBryant wrote: »
    The only thing I like is the bikini. I imagine it will take more K stars than I can afford. I am sad about this weekend event overall because I have not bought any of the new hairstyles yet in anticipation of a VIP event so I could spend and get other items. I might just wait until the next VIP event to spend stars so hopefully there are better items!

I agree AliBryant, I may also hold off until the next K-star VIP event.

The bikini is great but I want less "stars and stripes" on my doll's clothes.

By the way, I am not trying to stir up trouble, I am genuinely curious if this Fourth Of July themed-clothing inspires American patriotism, thus making you want spend your K-Stars.

Any other Americans want to weigh in on this topic? :D
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Luz, you are funny.

Make sure ou have fun we will miss you!!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    I am not a fan of the weekend clothing..I wis they did something that could cater to the fact that it is international and still keep their 4th of July going...oh well I like to earn free kstars
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    cecGvlYl.png
    Ay1duTpl.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    The way I see it, it's just meant to be fun having Stars and Stripes clothing for 4th of July. I'm not really into them, but I wouldn't be if they were British flag either - it's just supposed to be fun right like the St Patrick's gift box items. Idk
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    I feel like the boys stuff are much cooler than the girls..
    And a question: I just completed the West Coast Story quest but did not get a call from Kim to meet Jen Atkin and Mario, do you think thats related to the vip event happening right now?
    Kisses
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Please refrain from political jabs aimed at any countries. Doesn't belong here.

ETA: If your post was moderated because of this, you'll get a letter when the weekend is over. I'm not blowing my game this weekend over nonesense.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    I feel like the boys stuff are much cooler than the girls..
    And a question: I just completed the West Coast Story quest but did not get a call from Kim to meet Jen Atkin and Mario, do you think thats related to the vip event happening right now?
    Kisses

Have you completed all your gigs form the previous update? Specifically, one where Willow/Dirk spread a rumor about your eyebrows? It's related to that one :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Thanks, feeling a lot better so back to fasting :D

I like the items but oh well, I'm okay with the watch

lrBdp7t.png

84nzw4G.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    it really shouldn't be a big deal. i don't wear the halloween, xmas/new years, or st. pats day clothing during the year. what is the difference?

anyway i'm glad we got that jacket and that it's not in the gift boxes. good luck to everyone with those darn boxes

also energy is on sale sorta
    no i don't have any chill