Options

Weekend Event 7/3/2015 - Red, White, and Ramadan - HolidayHoliday!

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Kim definitely got into the patriotic holiday this year LMAO

PhotoGrid_1436053837138_zps3zdxe7dl.jpg

My doll normally has pink hair (as most of you know), but it clashed horribly with the bandana. I won't wear this hair again until next year...

IMG_20150704_193821_zpsqheduh7k.jpg

I hope your games are fixed soon. I'm going to chug a few (in real life) .
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Furthest I've ever gotten in a VIP event.. I didn't even have 300 K-Stars but I bought 3 gift boxes for 40 K-stars and got 40 K-Stars back each time.
    image_zpsmuz4p60m.jpg

I'm celebrating the 4th of July at Disneyland, making this post while waiting in line for Space Mountain. According to Britney Spear's Twitter, she is here so im making it my mission to find her.

So sorry to hear that some of you didn't get the weekend event but hopefully Glu will compensate you somehow
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Lyanna == I love the shoes your doll is wearing! I've never seen them.

DMV == I agree that the stars & stripes bandana really limits the wearability of that hairstyle. I posted in the suggestion thread that Glu alter the bandana after the holiday. I suggested they either (1) make it silver (since we already have hairstyles with a gold headband and white wrap) or (2) alter the color to go with each holiday. At Halloween, it could be orange. At Christmas it could be red. At Hanukah it could be blue & white. Etc.

Koko == my family had a cookout with grilled ribeyes, corn on the cob, and baked potatos. I wore a red, white, & blue shirt, white pants, red & white sandals, and laughed at myself because I felt like a KKH doll.

Vats and others == I'm so sorry you didn't receive this weekends event. I hope Glu does something special for everyone to "compensate" all of us for the various "glitches" of the last few weeks.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Is anyone else receiving stars when completing a gig/date but doesn't have the weekend event? The event never showed up for me (the energy sale did, but I reckon everyone did too) yet when I finish a gig with 5-stars, I get a star. Is that supposed to be happening?
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    And on top of everything, he left us with the Kermit avatar picture. FML!

Alk, I hope you have occasion to feel happier about the game sometime in the future <hope we all do> and that we see you again. I'll miss you.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Lyanna == I love the shoes your doll is wearing! I've never seen them.

Thanks girl! I think we got them offered in a weekend event a few months ago not sure when exactly but I do like them, nice and high!
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Thanks girl! I think we got them offered in a weekend event a few months ago not sure when exactly but I do like them, nice and high!

Ooh yes the Easter shoes - they're lovely :)

I long for this game to go back to how it was at Halloween - Christmas time. It's so much more fun when we can all enjoy the game. Remember the special event daily gift boxes? They were the best! They gave everyone a chance to win the special clothing items every day of the weekend, and they always had at least two usually three event items in each selection. *reminiscing harp music* Anyway, I don't want to see you guys bummed out - fix up glu! If only we could all set up our own game company together and make our own game - it would totally kick this ones butt and we could design all the outfits we want, no gift boxes, Vats' hair..

Wait so you can say butt but you can't say ***?
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    XXXXXXXXXXX ( - Had to edit out DMV Sorry)..............Lol I hope he comes back

This entire weekend event was a sh!t fest 4real and buffoonery at its finest.

Not just bcuz some iOS players never got the event

Not just bcuz the holiday event formula was changed and there's a huge chance a player will end the event with not 1 holiday clothing item since its a VIP event WITH exclusive items in gift boxes. I bet the designer thought these outfits are so hot and players are going to die for them (not so much huh)

Not just just bcuz the designer made the girls clothes looked like someone vomited the American flag on practically each piece .

Not just bcuz Glu actually thought players would spend money and K Stars on clothing they can basically only wear once a year.

But bcuz someone that's less than smart didn't even bother to include a photo booth once the holiday quests were completed. Why not a 4th of July photo booth Glu ???? Scared we'll blend in with the friggin flag backdrop in all the red white and blue...stars and stripes clothing u created????

Uuggghhhh

Andriod player
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    Fine by me. Bro. I really don't care at this point man.
  • Options
    He was definitely past the point of being calmed down... KKH-inspired insanity. Afraid I've often been there.

I hope the rest of your weekend has been more fun, Mauve. Some Fourth of July event, huh? I can't remember if you're a drinker <think you might be too young> but I'm wishing you a pitcher of Long Island iced tea, a couple of lawn chairs, and a s3xy friend to sit in the sun with. Enjoy your day, chica!

image.jpg1_zpsauqabexk.jpg

• Options
    Like don't let this game put a damper on things. To be honest like first time in forever I volunteeringly stepped away from the game and I was able to enjoy something I never thought I would be so close to! Fireworks. I'm not to keen on fire and loud noises. But it was fun! Now my hair probably smells of fireworks ash and barbecue, but it was worth the experience! :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Edited by Koko) O K A Y.
    image_zpsxkclhitz.jpg~original

image_zpsh0vtjfii.jpg~original
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have to be honest, I almost wish I didn't get the event. The clothes were awful. I did like the shoes. I'm a shoe freak So I bought hair, and a pig, and a purple SanFrancisco sofa. Got the shoes. But.....this wild event that excluded so many....you jump through the hoops, wait for the 'timed' events....and guess what you get at the end. Biggest let down ever.
    e5420c8b-fd26-4247-bc06-1e425919e735_zps7ib0anfo.png

This was it. The big finish.(I got the hair from the styling thing eveyone had before the weekend event.) But see the payout? This event didn't have any big 'make it rain' payout. Maybe they weren't finished writing the event when the whole baby switch thing hit.

In my heart of hearts, I hope Glu doesn't something big to make up for this whole thing. I'm telling you, Babies broke the game.
    Alk walk it off guy. You know we need you here. Who would Luz and I play virtual grab butt with? You're just the right amount of local but distant. Dangerous but doable. Darn it. I'm going to have to moderita myself.
    This one if for Alks, AND the GAME.
    I think Mauve probably knows you were just lashing out. She and I share the same optimistic outlook I think. And our types try to spread a little calm along with a ray of sunshine. Unfortunately, when things aren't right those efforts seem like patronizing but believe me, it's not.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    He was definitely past the point of being calmed down... KKH-inspired insanity. Afraid I've often been there.

I hope the rest of your weekend has been more fun, Mauve. Some Fourth of July event, huh? I can't remember if you're a drinker <think you might be too young> but I'm wishing you a pitcher of Long Island iced tea, a couple of lawn chairs, and a s3xy friend to sit in the sun with. Enjoy your day, chica!

image.jpg1_zpsauqabexk.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wish I had such a sexy friend (?) right next to me just about now. Except, it's raining over here. So he'd be drenched. Oh well.
    Mauvey wrote: »
    To be honest like first time in forever I volunteeringly stepped away from the game and I was able to enjoy something I never thought I would be so close to! Fireworks. I'm not to keen on fire and loud noises. But it was fun! Now my hair probably smells of fireworks ash and barbecue, but it was worth the experience! :)

Now I miss my device-free week-ends lol
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    This particular friend would probably be fun soaking-wet, too!

Maybe the soaking-wet dog would be a bit of a bummer, though.

• Options
    Can i ask everyone to stop discussing another member's game. The game has hit some of us pretty hard this weekend. and emotions are running high. But Gluadmin once told me to look at the big picture. Balance out contribution vs disruption. They made a whole subforum about Friends and gifting, is anyone here able to say they know for a fact each gift they ever got wasn't from a shady game? No reason to jump on a valued member, and talk about their gameplay.

And, let's be honest. Has anyone of us never had an outburst? So, we clean it up, dust ourselves off and carry on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I decided, heck it I'm not doing the VIP event, so I'm forfeiting my Kim's pick. The purse isn't appealing to me anyway. Does anyone know how much is that dress and its recolors gonna cost in our wardrobe though? Is it gonna be 75 Kstars?

But maybe, just maybe I'm gonna spend 15 Kstars and hope to get 40 Kstars in my giftbox. What a gambler!
    PM to add
  • Options
    If it's 75 I'm totally buying it! That's what I did. I just bought a painting and just kept it moving. But it wasn't worth it though. I only got energy. Oh well that's all I was going to do.
  • Options
    Go for it Nai. I bought the braided hair for my 3 games, that gave us each a giftbox. And that's where the spending ended, except AppleP. She got the Kim's Pick, and then was close enough for the shoes, to buy more hair, the pig and the sofa for the shoes. But that was it. The gift box shoes were cute, but me and giftboxes don't get along. ;) I got a red dress in one box. 40 stars in another and the thired game got 50 energy, which translated to another gig and star.

It feels good to not want anything in the gift boxes. No inner conflict .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Well I totally missed something here, from what I get the only thing I can say is be nice with each other kids, we shouldn't turn against each other but join together to Glu hear us.

DMV I loved your graphic! Perhaps the girls will get that Kim's look next year, well if the game lasts until there ...

And I agree with you about the lack of a new photoboth I was expecting the same thing to complete the gigs of the event.

Trevor, yes Britney was there yesterday, did you found her?

Holly I received the event, I was just trying to console the people here, but you made me feel special with "Vats and others" lol

Lucy my angel your words inspired me and I'll create a thread soon, we should unite to conquer what we want!

Luz dirty dirty girl that picture made me horny!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Hi Vats! I think the poor guy is gonna be dead-tired by the end of the weekend! Glad you approve!

• Options
    hahaha Luz!

So tell me is that good how it looks?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Welp this answers a lot of questions...
    Forum may be a lot quieter now *sigh*

PhotoGrid_1436113692448_zpswnzggxrl.jpg

PhotoGrid_1436113728715_zpsuybmi78z.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    Well this is definitely something!

Now that they can deal with the problem of hacked games I hope they treat better players who make in-app purchases or free play but without cheating, there's now no excuse to make the game so expensive and difficult to compensate for the damage that they had with hacked games!

I'm sorry for those who don't use a hacked game but don't get the event!

Thanks for posting it DMV!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I'm glad they're cracking down on the hacked games! Although I do hope no innocent accounts have been impacted, it would suck for players who've been playing honestly to have missed the event because they've been wrongfully flagged.

I finished the event! I was glad the final party was only 3 hours and not 8. Now what I'm really waiting for is that Jen storyline - I want that curly 80s hair!! I've finished the Nene story so I hope Simon calls me about Jen soon!
  • Options
    Me too Wolf, I'm waiting on the Jen & Mario quests too. it's also kinda crazy to go back and read the irate, demanding and threatening support post from ppl who probably use the hack...

At least Glu offered ppl who may have accidentally been flag an option to have their game fixed and to get the weekend event.

Francesca has ur game been fixed yet?

PhotoGrid_1436117555105_zpsg2h6anxu.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Welp this answers a lot of questions...
    Forum may be a lot quieter now *sigh*

Finally an explanation! By far it's only iOS, I assume they're working on Android too.

Also, I've been contacting Glu for some issues and they've been answering pretty quick, within 3 days. That's the kind of service I demand!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    I feel so bad that this is happening to people I guess they figured to cast a wide net and then they caught any innocent fishies in the net they could go back and fine tune things to let let them back in. but if you got that, then work with them I think.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Omg. That's really ironic!
    But I'm sorry Francescahill. I hope Glu can get it fixed!
    I wonder this effects jail broken phones?
  • Options
    MirelaMirela Registered Users 64 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Omg. That's really ironic!
    But I'm sorry Francescahill. I hope Glu can get it fixed!
    I wonder this effects jail broken phones?
    Yes, it does. I am restoring my phone to how it was before I jailbroke it to receive weekend events and stop from being using the app in the future. I'll maybe send an email to Glu, if I still don't get the event.
    The name is Mirela. A+++.
  • Options
    This could possibly be why our friend lashed out earlier.

From the way Im interpreting the notification, they can still play the game, but will not receive weekend event content...idk

┐(´д`)┌

Andriod player